Author Topic: Gran Hermano 18 Spain  (Read 3219 times)

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
Re: Gran Hermano 18 Spain
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2017, 02:49:55 PM »
If you were right about the ratings, why this "new" system has been used since GH15?  The big disaster in ratings is this season, the other ones were welcomed by the viewers.

Even though I get that the producers want to finnish this as soon as possible, I also get they can evict some people in the same Gala to make them leave faster, but you can do this with some more passion or just putting some more interest. If they want to evict 2 people per live show, ok, then make a double eviction with a vote to evict or just normal nominations with a vote to save, but don't make us lose a good storyline just because of this.

One of the problems is that they put into the house so many people and that forces the program to last more. For future editions, I don't want something brand new or an "amazing new" twist that ends really bad, I just need a ordinary season of GH, I prefer that they copy past ideas from previous editions rather than experiment with silly ideas or just respect the GH/BB format that we fell in love with.

On the why this system has been used since GH 15, I really don't know, but I don't see why it makes sense at all.

And I agree that GH19 if ever done by Telecinco, must be a back-to-basics season, which seems ultra impossible in this day and age.
:) Live happy every day!!! <3

Offline AlexSP

• Big Brother
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2017, 07:11:06 PM »
This decision has been considered even before GH18 started, it's obvious that the rating gave another reason to not broadcast a new GHVIP season, but GHVIP6 is not happening because of the Football World Cup. Some matches would coincid with some live shows of Supervivientes, so producers have decided to anticipate the new season of SV.

And no one said that GHVIP is not going to happen anymore
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8tDQe9FE4M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8tDQe9FE4M</a>

Offline AlexSP

• Big Brother
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2017, 07:13:47 PM »
Producers said that this edition would be a back-to-basics season, so you know the result ahaha.

I'm pretty sure that GH19 will exist but it needs a long break 1.5-2 years, a new decent host and renew the staff or at least hire the former scriptwriters who knew how to manage a good season.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8tDQe9FE4M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8tDQe9FE4M</a>

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: jakiki
« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2017, 09:17:10 PM »
To be fair, tell me one BB worlwide that is thriving at the moment ? We're in this weird era where Endemol let the brand deteriorate and they don't know how to pick the pieces back up.

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
  • Username: gabriel
« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2017, 09:46:04 PM »
To be fair, tell me one BB worlwide that is thriving at the moment ? We're in this weird era where Endemol let the brand deteriorate and they don't know how to pick the pieces back up.
BBB  :P

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: jakiki
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2017, 11:34:01 PM »
BBB  :P

I wouldn't say it's thriving but it sure is still massively successful which is interesting considering it barely changed its formula from the start... just saying

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2017, 09:30:07 PM »
And although hardly inspiring creatively BBUSA is still doing pretty well - again hardly changed it's format since 2001/2002 and unlike other series I think you can watch the 2017 season and a season from it's early years and the tone of the show isn't that signficantly different.

Big Brother though just seems to be stuck in a rutt - for the last few years the formats that have been tried around the world are the ones that flopped in the place they were first tried anyway.  It's surprising really that Endemol haven't pushed for more countries to take the HoH competitive format considering it's the three countries where that format is most established where the show is continuing to be well received.