Author Topic: The Music Thread  (Read 28910 times)

BBUKFan

Re: The Music Thread
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2013, 12:29:39 PM »
Quote from: antos
Natasha Bedingfield - Soulmate (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

The Bedingfields...some talent there.
Daniel was pretty big in the UK for about a year, "Gotta Get Thru This" was really catchy :)

I love Natasha, she's such a great vocalist, she doesn't have to dress provocatively for approval either because she's that good. "These Words" and "Unwritten" are my personal favourites songs.

BTW Am I the only person who doesn't get all this vile hatred being directed at Miley Cyrus? Because to me she has just been behaving like a lot of other women at her age, trying to have fun. It really f**ks me off when people talk about how horrible her performance with Robin Thicke was, yet no one bats an eyelid at the fact that Thicke is 36, married and his song has also been banned on some radio stations and universities, so I don't know why he's trying to act holier than thou.

Offline Depths of Bloomfield

• Big Brother
  • Username: Beatriz_Trapote
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2013, 12:43:58 PM »
I can't blame her as she has been repressed for years in a character that she wasn't as Hannah Montana even in the real life.

Her actual songs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the old ones

there's still banning on songs? really? lol

BBUKFan

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2013, 01:24:18 PM »
Quote from: CallMeWharram
I can't blame her as she has been repressed for years in a character that she wasn't as Hannah Montana even in the real life.

Her actual songs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the old ones

there's still banning on songs? really? lol
I actually like Wrecking Ball, I like her look, and I think she's moe interesting now than she ever has been. She's only 20, she's young, I don't know why people are being so vindictive towards her. It's not like she is hurting anyone.

It is quite excessive to ban songs, although if the people want it banned then it must be banned unfortunately. It is rather disturbing to listen to though knowing about the undertones of rape.

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: jakiki
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2013, 02:43:18 PM »
I have a girlcrush on Miley.

But to be honest, you wonder and at the same time you think the same :

I love Natasha, she's such a great vocalist, she doesn't have to dress provocatively for approval either because she's that good. "These Words" and "Unwritten" are my personal favourites songs.

Like if being sexy means you lose a bit of dignity..

BBUKFan

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2013, 03:52:05 PM »
Quote from: Jaki

Quote from: Jack-Resurrected on Today at 06:29:39 AMI love Natasha, she's such a great vocalist, she doesn't have to dress provocatively for approval either because she's that good. "These Words" and "Unwritten" are my personal favourites songs.
Not necessarily. Depends on who you are. As long as you have the vocal skill to back it up.

Miley's recent changes have been the smartest decision she could make, she's more acknowledged and discussed now than ever before, who really cares if the odd uptight pr*ck thinks she's a disgrace.

• Big Brother
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2013, 03:54:58 PM »

Quote from: Jack-Resurrected on Today at 06:29:39 AMI love Natasha, she's such a great vocalist, she doesn't have to dress provocatively for approval either because she's that good. "These Words" and "Unwritten" are my personal favourites songs.
Not necessarily. Depends on who you are. As long as you have the vocal skill to back it up.

I'm going to complain to Ofcom for those sexist affirmations

BBUKFan

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2013, 03:56:20 PM »
Quote from: Jack-Resurrected on Today at 09:52:05 AMQuote from: JakiI have a girlcrush on Miley.

Like if being sexy means you lose a bit of dignity..Not necessarily. Depends on who you are. As long as you have the vocal skill to back it up.

Hey, a lot of guys have to rely on their bodies too, but no one complains about that ;)

• Big Brother
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2013, 03:59:53 PM »
Quote from: Jack-Resurrected on Today at 09:52:05 AMQuote from: JakiI have a girlcrush on Miley.

Like if being sexy means you lose a bit of dignity..Not necessarily. Depends on who you are. As long as you have the vocal skill to back it up.

Hey, a lot of guys have to rely on their bodies too, but no one complains about that ;)

insult a gender, disgrace another, THAT'S NOT THE WAY

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2013, 04:24:09 PM »

Miley's recent changes have been the smartest decision she could make, she's more acknowledged and discussed now than ever before, who really cares if the odd uptight pr*ck thinks she's a disgrace.

What I meant was that your comment insinuated that you lose dignity when you act sexy or get naked. Maybe you don't stand by that, but there's obviously a mecanism in your mind that make you think that.

It's like for most people being a prostitue means having no dignity.

BBUKFan

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2013, 04:56:16 PM »

What I meant was that your comment insinuated that you lose dignity when you act sexy or get naked. Maybe you don't stand by that, but there's obviously a mecanism in your mind that make you think that.

Well you're picking me up the wrong way, my stance is that some singers use their assets to get along because they just weren't gifted enough to make it without doing so. You don't necessarily lose any dignity by wearing less. Christina Aguilera is an awesome singer whether she wears a two piece bikini or a burlap sack.

Iggy Azalea is the first name that comes to mind about having no talent and just a pretty body, honestly most girls could do what she does. Not to mention 1D who weren't good enough to even make it as solo artists on the X FACTOR...

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2013, 05:05:42 PM »

Well you're picking me up the wrong way, my stance is that some singers use their assets to get along because they just weren't gifted enough to make it without doing so. You don't necessarily lose any dignity by wearing less. Christina Aguilera is an awesome singer whether she wears a two piece bikini or a burlap sack.

Iggy Azalea is the first name that comes to mind about having no talent and just a pretty body, honestly most girls could do what she does. Not to mention 1D who weren't good enough to even make it as solo artists on the X FACTOR...

You really don't see it ? The way you say it seems to mean "If you're talented you don't need to exploit your body to get noticed".

BBUKFan

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2013, 06:32:46 PM »
Quote from: Jack-Resurrected on Today at 10:56:16 AMQuote from: JakiQuote from: Jack-Resurrected on Today at 09:52:05 AMQuote from: JakiI have a girlcrush on Miley.

It's like for most people being a prostitue means having no dignity.Well you're picking me up the wrong way, my stance is that some singers use their assets to get along because they just weren't gifted enough to make it without doing so. You don't necessarily lose any dignity by wearing less. Christina Aguilera is an awesome singer whether she wears a two piece bikini or a burlap sack.

You really don't see it ? The way you say it seems to mean "If you're talented you don't need to exploit your body to get noticed".
Well if you see it then it's you interpreting it that way, so there is nothing to see.

• Big Brother
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2013, 06:39:39 PM »
WHO WAS EVER FELT PERSONALLY VICTIMIZED BY JACK-RESURRECTED IN ALL HIS FORMS?

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2013, 06:50:23 PM »

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2013, 06:51:46 PM »
Well if you see it then it's you interpreting it that way, so there is nothing to see.

Rejecting the fault on me is not the best way to prove me wrong tbh.

BBUKFan

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2013, 06:54:09 PM »

Rejecting the fault on me is not the best way to prove me wrong tbh.

I'm not out to prove you wrong, if you disagree with my opinions then that's fine. Can we just drop this now?

Yeah I've never liked him ;D

• Big Brother
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2013, 07:02:21 PM »
WHY DID YOU CHANGED YOUR NAME? IS BECAUSE KATIE HOPKINS DOES NOT LIKE COMMON ONES?

Offline Markus

• Mole
  • Username: antos
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2013, 09:26:06 PM »
Quote from: Zerqces
Quote from: antos
Natasha Bedingfield - Soulmate (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

The Bedingfields...some talent there.
Daniel was pretty big in the UK for about a year, "Gotta Get Thru This" was really catchy (Image removed from quote.)

Yeah...I remember watcing a season of Fame Academy with Daniel being one of the coaches. In series 2. Alex, Peter and Carolynne were my favourites btw.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 09:31:26 PM by antos »
Lost a planet Master Obi Wan has. How embarrassing.

Offline Markus

• Mole
  • Username: antos
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2013, 09:37:01 PM »
And more music I like...I'm kinda versatile on what I like.

t.A.T.u - Friend or Foe Official Music Video

Leila K - C'mon Now (Official)

And yes...I do like some of the music originating from our neighbours.

This is one of my favourites of Sugababes.

Sugababes (MKS) - Overload [HQ]
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 09:46:42 PM by antos »
Lost a planet Master Obi Wan has. How embarrassing.

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2013, 10:41:03 PM »
this should be the new Great Britain anthem

Sugababes - Push The Button

BBUKFan

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2013, 10:52:04 PM »
i'm pretty versatile with what I like too antos, most of the time I like progressive trance and house music, but other times I feel like listening to rock/metal, and others really cheesy pop tunes :P

I like that the original Sugababes have gotten together, although I feel sorry for the new Sugababes, they get a lot of stick, but I always thought Heidi was more of a Sugababe than Siobhon, she was in the group for a lot longer. I don't care about Amelle but Jade is WAY too talented to be with them, she's just out of place in that group, she would be well suited to possibly theatre performances or something in another guise :)

Offline Danny

• Big Brother
  • Username: UltimateBigBrotherFan96
  • Peasants.
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2013, 11:02:36 PM »
rap have always sucked
I think otherwise. 90s rap with Dr. Dre, Tupac Shakur, Notorious B.I.G., Easy-E, etc was pretty bomb. I still listen to it myself.

Now the current "rap" (lil wayne, nicki minaj, drake, etc.) is an absolute abomination and garbage.

I always liked Eminem but didn't care enough to hear his new album.

• Big Brother
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2013, 11:11:07 PM »
what Nicki Minaj does is called music?

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2013, 11:19:46 PM »
what Nicki Minaj does is called music?

Nicki Minaj - Marilyn Monroe - Lyrics

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2013, 11:20:23 PM »
i'm pretty versatile with what I like too antos, most of the time I like progressive trance and house music, but other times I feel like listening to rock/metal, and others really cheesy pop tunes :P

I like that the original Sugababes have gotten together, although I feel sorry for the new Sugababes, they get a lot of stick, but I always thought Heidi was more of a Sugababe than Siobhon, she was in the group for a lot longer. I don't care about Amelle but Jade is WAY too talented to be with them, she's just out of place in that group, she would be well suited to possibly theatre performances or something in another guise :)

MKS is a gift of god/nature/life.