Author Topic: Eurovision Song Contest 2016 Sweden  (Read 12413 times)

Offline DanielA

• Ultimate Housemate
  • Username: bbfan
  • A Traveller In Time
Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016 Sweden
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2016, 09:46:54 AM »
Netherlands with their invisible song on finale but Moldova not?
At least the others which i liked passed.

Offline DanielA

• Ultimate Housemate
  • A Traveller In Time
« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2016, 11:38:14 AM »

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • I only support vaginas!
« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2016, 02:46:56 PM »

Sorry but Iceland was SO ROBBED, I can't process that she isn't in the finals yet!! :'( :'(

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: jakiki
« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2016, 03:14:15 PM »

Sorry but Iceland was SO ROBBED, I can't process that she isn't in the finals yet!! :'( :'(

I really liked Moldova but I knew the song's production was a bit too dated to qualify so I didn't vote for her. However I knew Iceland was on close to qualifying so I voted like crazy for her, so sad she didn't make it....
She made that whole song herself, the performance as well.... She was so much more deserving of making the finale than Azerbaidjan whom song was written by a team of swedish witers/producers and delivered by the worst vocalist of the night.

BUT I LOVE NETHERLAND!!! DOUWE <3<3<3<3<3<3

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #154 on: May 11, 2016, 03:27:48 PM »

I really liked Moldova but I knew the song's production was a bit too dated to qualify so I didn't vote for her. However I knew Iceland was on close to qualifying so I voted like crazy for her, so sad she didn't make it....
She made that whole song herself, the performance as well.... She was so much more deserving of making the finale than Azerbaidjan whom song was written by a team of swedish witers/producers and delivered by the worst vocalist of the night.

Samra from Azerbaijan is ill btw, but I totally agree Iceland deserves it WAY MORE than Azerbaijan (although I love the studio version, live kinda ruin it). And Czech Republic gets their first qualification in history!! (and I actually didn't feel that much the song, but weel deserved :))
Yeah, Moldova killed it but too old. Greece & Bosnia getting their first not-qualification since 2008 is GOLD kkkk.

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #155 on: May 11, 2016, 03:56:05 PM »

Samra from Azerbaijan is ill btw, but I totally agree Iceland deserves it WAY MORE than Azerbaijan (although I love the studio version, live kinda ruin it). And Czech Republic gets their first qualification in history!! (and I actually didn't feel that much the song, but weel deserved :))
Yeah, Moldova killed it but too old. Greece & Bosnia getting their first not-qualification since 2008 is GOLD kkkk.

Then she's been ill from the start of the promo tour up to now.... Her vocals have never been good and as much as I love this song, I don't support someone who can't even properly song. Her baciking vocals qualified, not her.

Czech Republic put in so much work, the performance was so elegant and beatiful, so rare in Eurovision!

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2016, 02:27:25 AM »
I agree with all finalists except Azerbaijan - that SONG THO! Argh. Iceland should've qualified instead.

Bosnia & Herzegovina and Greece not qualifying was totally deserved, especially with the latter, that song was too weird and too horrible, but had a pleasant staging. B&H had SUCH A MESSY staging and I think the topic of the refugees did not fit that song in particular at all.

And Czech Republic tho, THAT SONG & THAT STAGING! #Flawless. I absolutley loved it. Amazing, well deserved pass to the final.

I must say that I'm feeling confident on Barei's performance tho, they improved a lot so that's good. Happy to see Amir all by himself on stage. And well, Frans is reaaaaaally lucky that Iveta and Sergey are not performing in the same half he is.
:) Live happy every day!!! <3

Offline AlexSP

• Big Brother
« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2016, 11:49:51 AM »
I'm pretty sad for Iceland not qualifying, it was totally robbed!! I agree it might be a bit similar to Loreen or Mans but she is very talented and the scenography was awesome, much better than the Russian one.

Czech Republic was really good she has a very powerful and beautiful voice and the staging was georgeous as well. I was doubting about who vote between Iceland or Czech Republic but I felt like Iceland was a 100% qualifier so I decided to vote for Czech Republic. Btw it was the first time I voted in the Eurovision history.

Moldova's song is nice and good but it should have gone 5 years ago or so. Estonia is a solig entry and I'm shocked it didn't pass to the final.

Definitely I would pass Estonia and Iceland instead Croatia and Azerbaijan.

I'm really looking forward to watch tonight's semifinal. Hope to see Bulgaria qualifying :D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8tDQe9FE4M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8tDQe9FE4M</a>

Offline DanielA

• Ultimate Housemate
  • A Traveller In Time
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2016, 12:12:28 PM »
Greece – what was this musical FRANKENSTEIN???
Croatia – trying to copy The Cranberries or what?
Netherlands – probably the song is good but I’ve never heard it, I always sleep on it.
Armenia – nothing special.
Azerbaijan – good.
Cyprus – amazing.

My other favorites who did not passed from the 1 semi finale were – Iceland, Monte Negro, San Marino and Moldova.
By the way more of the songs I listen for the first time on the semi finales and I did it with purpose.
I wish good luck to Poli Genova and Hovi Star tonight. Poor Hovi, I don’t think he has a chance with his song, good but in this version is very "sleepy". If he "breaks" it will be a pure miracle.

Hovi and his new "Eurovision" friends.
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline AlexSP

• Big Brother
« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2016, 02:06:35 PM »
Quote from: DanielA
Greece – what was this musical FRANKENSTEIN???
Croatia – trying to copy The Cranberries or what?
Netherlands – probably the song is good but I’ve never heard it, I always sleep on it.
Armenia – nothing special.
Azerbaijan – good.
Cyprus – amazing.

My other favorites who did not passed from the 1 semi finale were – Iceland, Monte Negro, San Marino and Moldova.
By the way more of the songs I listen for the first time on the semi finales and I did it with purpose.
I wish good luck to Poli Genova and Hovi Star tonight. Poor Hovi, I don’t think he has a chance with his song, good but in this version is very "sleepy". If he "breaks" it will be a pure miracle.

Hovi and his new "Eurovision" friends.
Spoiler for Hiden: (Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)
Well, I think Hovi is a 100% qualifier and if he continues doing so well we could get a decent position from top15 onwards.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8tDQe9FE4M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8tDQe9FE4M</a>

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #160 on: May 12, 2016, 06:04:17 PM »
I'm pretty sad for Iceland not qualifying, it was totally robbed!! I agree it might be a bit similar to Loreen or Mans but she is very talented and the scenography was awesome, much better than the Russian one.

Czech Republic was really good she has a very powerful and beautiful voice and the staging was georgeous as well. I was doubting about who vote between Iceland or Czech Republic but I felt like Iceland was a 100% qualifier so I decided to vote for Czech Republic. Btw it was the first time I voted in the Eurovision history.

Moldova's song is nice and good but it should have gone 5 years ago or so. Estonia is a solig entry and I'm shocked it didn't pass to the final.

I'm really looking forward to watch tonight's semifinal. Hope to see Bulgaria qualifying :D

What? Croatia was awesome!! I would want Russia not to qualify but I know that's just impossible

Offline AlexSP

• Big Brother
« Reply #161 on: May 12, 2016, 07:03:08 PM »
Quote from: André
Quote from: AlexSP on Today at 04:49:51I'm pretty sad for Iceland not qualifying, it was totally robbed!! I agree it might be a bit similar to Loreen or Mans but she is very talented and the scenography was awesome, much better than the Russian one.

I'm really looking forward to watch tonight's semifinal. Hope to see Bulgaria qualifying (Image removed from quote.)What? Croatia was awesome!! I would want Russia not to qualify but I know that's just impossible
I know she was ok but the song for me is a bit weak and it's not my cup of tea :/

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #162 on: May 12, 2016, 07:55:07 PM »
Quote from: André
Quote from: AlexSP on Today at 04:49:51I'm pretty sad for Iceland not qualifying, it was totally robbed!! I agree it might be a bit similar to Loreen or Mans but she is very talented and the scenography was awesome, much better than the Russian one.

I'm really looking forward to watch tonight's semifinal. Hope to see Bulgaria qualifying (Image removed from quote.)What? Croatia was awesome!! I would want Russia not to qualify but I know that's just impossible
I know she was ok but the song for me is a bit weak and it's not my cup of tea :/

The performance might be a bit off puting, i can understand that! Still her vocals were stellar, probably the second best of the first semi after Armenia. Iveta's high note at the end of LoveWave is so far the best note i've herd.

I'd rather have Hungary out. The song is very dated, only his strong voice and his "physics" sell it.

Offline Depths of Bloomfield

• Big Brother
  • Username: Beatriz_Trapote
« Reply #163 on: May 13, 2016, 11:25:50 AM »
Dans un pais loin d'ici i send this rank

#1. Austria
#2. Czech Republic
#3. Germany
#4. Italy
#5. Ukraine
#6. Malta
#7. Russia
#8. Georgia
#9. Bulgaria
#10. Belgium
#11. Hungary
#12. Croatia
#13. Serbia
#14. France
#15. Latvia
#16. Sweden
#17. Israel
#18. Netherlands
#19. Poland
#20. Cyprus
#21. Australia
#22. UK
#23. Spain
#24. Azerbaijan
#25. Armenia
#26. Lithuania

Offline DanielA

• Ultimate Housemate
  • A Traveller In Time
« Reply #164 on: May 13, 2016, 12:59:35 PM »
Yay, Bulgaria and Israel on finale!!!
The songs which i liked - Poland, Australia and Belgium are also on finale.
I liked also Belarus - i love the wolves!!! Sorry that Norway is out! Denmark and Albania were also nice.
According to my vision the second semi finale was more weak than the first. I don't know actually why i have this feeling. The songs were like too simple, nothing special. I liked also somehow Ukraine but the performance left in me a feeling that i watched a werewolf who was giving birth on the stage...i don't know why... ::)

Offline DanielA

• Ultimate Housemate
  • A Traveller In Time
« Reply #165 on: May 13, 2016, 01:10:40 PM »
My ranking (without the 6 finalists, i still don't have opinion for them)

1. Bulgaria
2. Israel
3. Cyprus
4. Hungary
5. Malta
6. Russia
7. Azerbaijan
8. Australia
9. Belgium
10. Poland

The others are not recognized from my ears.

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #166 on: May 13, 2016, 02:46:35 PM »
Norway should've qualified what a shame!! And HOW IN HELL did Georgia qualified??

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #167 on: May 13, 2016, 03:13:20 PM »
Norway should've qualified what a shame!! And HOW IN HELL did Georgia qualified??

I don't know if she really deserved to be in the finale with those vocals lets be honest. But she might have made it had she tried to promote at least a little bit, she's the only one who did NO eurovision promo at all and just did the same performance she won her national final with....

Everyone bashing Lithuania but at least that guy's vocals were good and he was on point the whole promo tour. Georgia is the wild card but i'm glad they qualified to give a little more diversity of genres.

I can understand how some would find Jamala's performance too intense because it is, her so is so emotionally raw, it gives me shiver every time. She definetly won that semi and I hope she wins the Finale. I also think Dami's and Sanja's vocals need to be praised.

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #168 on: May 13, 2016, 05:28:58 PM »

I don't know if she really deserved to be in the finale with those vocals lets be honest. But she might have made it had she tried to promote at least a little bit, she's the only one who did NO eurovision promo at all and just did the same performance she won her national final with....

Everyone bashing Lithuania but at least that guy's vocals were good and he was on point the whole promo tour. Georgia is the wild card but i'm glad they qualified to give a little more diversity of genres.

I can understand how some would find Jamala's performance too intense because it is, her so is so emotionally raw, it gives me shiver every time. She definetly won that semi and I hope she wins the Finale. I also think Dami's and Sanja's vocals need to be praised.
Agnete couldn't do the promos because she was ill and plus it was discovered sometime ago she has a bipolar disorder, so we can't blame her I think.
Serbia was great I loved it! <333 Tbh I don't feel the connection with Jamala

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #169 on: May 13, 2016, 08:03:38 PM »
Agnete couldn't do the promos because she was ill and plus it was discovered sometime ago she has a bipolar disorder, so we can't blame her I think.
Serbia was great I loved it! <333 Tbh I don't feel the connection with Jamala

Obviously I'm glad she chose to prioritize her mental health still it's undeniable it didn't help her. Overall, to me, the sketchy vocals and the weak song are enough to unerstand it not qualifying. She was a bit out of her league with that song, when you got in the same semi pop blockbusters like Dami or Poli.

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2016, 10:26:41 AM »
As you might or not know, UKRAINE won this year's contest with the song 1944 by Jamala

Offline DanielA

• Ultimate Housemate
  • A Traveller In Time
« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2016, 02:51:03 PM »
As you might or not know, UKRAINE won this year's contest with the song 1944 by Jamala
Yeah, and some people still think that Eurovision is a SONG contest!

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2016, 04:21:31 PM »

Yeah, and some people still think that Eurovision is a SONG contest!

I think the song was fine, but not my pick for a winner and I kinda get bored of this song after a while. Australia winning would be awesome!! Russia 3rd place just ew and BULGARIA GETTING THEIR BEST RESULT WITH A 4TH PLACE!! ;D

Offline DanielA

• Ultimate Housemate
  • A Traveller In Time
« Reply #173 on: May 16, 2016, 11:51:19 AM »
Yes, Bulgaria 4th!!!
I am happy that Elitsa and Stoyan are finally uncrowned as the best result of Bulgaria...."Ihhhh, Mitrelee, Mitreleeeee'! :boot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upct-I1qa4Q
9 years later i still wonder how someone could "sleep" with someone while he rides a horse.. ::).It's in the lyrics which are like taken from 10 songs without any sense between them...And i still can't understand why most of the people think that it is native american song. It's bulgarian folklore in a modern version.

Offline AlexSP

• Big Brother
« Reply #174 on: May 16, 2016, 01:43:57 PM »
I'm ok with the winner as the song grew on me after several listens and I'm really happy with Bulgaria's place, they really deserved. Although France ended 6th, they should be top3 at least, they didn't deserve be lower than Sweden.

Once again Spain in the bottom5, I don't think Barei deserved that plac, the song is quite good although the staging was pretty cheap, if the staging was better I would be ok with a top10 but with that staging forme a top15 would be better than 22nd place.

How could be Poland so high in the televoting?