Author Topic: Celebrity Big Brother 1 USA  (Read 627 times)

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
  • Username: gabriel
Celebrity Big Brother 1 USA
« on: September 08, 2017, 03:38:55 AM »
Big Brother fans, you may want to brace yourself for the surprising news we're about to drop.

CBS has just announced it will broadcast its first ever celebrity edition of the show with a winter edition airing in 2018!

The special event—which is in addition to BB's upcoming milestone 20th season in Summer 2018—will feature Julie Chen as host, multiple episodes per week during a concentrated run, the series’ signature Head of Household and Power of Veto competitions, and Live Evictions.

Looks like Feeders won't have to wait until next June to get their fill of behind-the-scenes shenanigans with the Houseguests!
"Big Brother has been dominating pop culture throughout its 19 seasons, and it is exciting to grow the franchise with the first-ever celebrity edition in the U.S.," said executive producers Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan.

"Celebrities will be under the watchful eye of the Big Brother cameras, facing the classic game elements, and of course new twists in this special winter event."

Stay tuned for additional details regarding scheduling, casting, and when you can expect the show to premiere!

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/news/1007534/big-brother-announces-its-first-celebrity-edition-for-winter-2018/

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: jakiki
Re: Celebrity Big Brother 1 USA
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 05:07:27 AM »
I hope they can get real celebrities and superfans like Kathy Griffin (she never was against reality shows) and possibly Beth Berhs. So excited for this!

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 07:30:14 PM »
Maybe in the past a yes to Kathy Griffin was for sure but as of now with the controversy she was in I'm kinda 50/50 they may ask her. Now Neil Patrick Harris is someone I hope they ask since he is a fan of the UK version lol

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 11:57:25 PM »
Maybe in the past a yes to Kathy Griffin was for sure but as of now with the controversy she was in I'm kinda 50/50 they may ask her. Now Neil Patrick Harris is someone I hope they ask since he is a fan of the UK version lol

I don't get why people say that. Do you really think producers are sitting in a room thinking "omg but even people who hate the shit out of her will be invested in her, how can that be good for the ratings ?" lol

Offline JustinBieberDingus

• Big Brother
  • Username: Trevor
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 12:57:46 AM »
So, THIS is why we don't get BBOTT 2. I knew that a Winter edition would happen again, but I never knew a celebrity edition would happen.

So, the debate is: Is this called Big Brother 20? Meaning that the summer one will be Big Brother 21?

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
  • Username: gabriel
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 01:01:28 AM »
Quote from: JustinBieberDingus
So, THIS is why we don't get BBOTT 2. I knew that a Winter edition would happen again, but I never knew a celebrity edition would happen.

So, the debate is: Is this called Big Brother 20? Meaning that the summer one will be Big Brother 21?
Nope, BB20 in June

• Big Brother
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 01:05:10 AM »
According to Reality Blurred, Grdner has stated that this "Celebrity" cast doesn't rule out previous players, so we can now guess who may return. I'd like to see if they can get Paris Hilton on, since she has been out of the spotlight for a while now.

Oh, and don't forget other Celebrities such as Tyler Oakley, Jenna Marbles and Shane Dawson, who also like Reality.

I'm also surprised that they're even doing this, as they've struggled to get Celebs to do this because the live feeds puts them at risk of bad PR, as it exposes them a lot more than they want to be.

• Big Brother
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 01:05:57 AM »

Nope, BB20 in June

Is this what CBS said? They don't follow the same squence, as they called All Stars a regular season.

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 01:53:02 AM »
To be fair in American television "All-Stars" seasons are usually not considered spin-offs of their parent series unlike with other parts of the world. CBS billed the "All-Stars" season as a twist for season seven just like they did with Survivor and Amazing Race.

If it was part of the main series they would have held it in the summer and billed it as "Big Brother 20" just like they did with All-Stars but from CBS' press release they are going with the traditional route and billing it separately from the summer series.

CBS today announced it will broadcast its first celebrity edition of reality hit BIG BROTHER. The special winter edition will feature multiple episodes per week during a concentrated run and include the series' signature Head of Household and Power of Veto competitions and live evictions. Julie Chen will host.

The press release also features this blurp which is establishing Celebrity Big Brother as a separate series from Big Brother.

The celebrity edition of the series is in addition to BIG BROTHER's milestone 20th season that will be broadcast in summer 2018.

Which for me is a lot better than the horrid scheme NBC used for The Apprentice/Celebrity Apprentice and ABC with The Mole/Celebrity Mole. 

Quote from:
I'm also surprised that they're even doing this, as they've struggled to get Celebs to do this because the live feeds puts them at risk of bad PR, as it exposes them a lot more than they want to be.

I think if Channel 4 in the UK were able to get the Celebs on live feeds then CBS won't have any problem despite the fact if they say something bad it will be out there. I don't think the Celebs were ever the issue I think that other broadcasters around the world don't like the potential controversy live feeds can bring whereas CBS really isn't bothered as they just slap a disclaimer on it.

The thing is the TV industry in America as a whole is in a shake up and not many new shows (mainly reality) are pulling in the numbers they are looking for whereas the established reality shows are holding onto their fan-bases (except The Apprentice). Streaming is also having a big impact on traditional television which is hurting their numbers here.

Airing Celebrity Big Brother now makes perfect sense than it did for them in the past. Unlike other countries CBS has refined the cost of Big Brother to a point it prints money for them. Big Brother is an established brand now and if they can launch a 30 day-ish spin-off series to air new content when they usually air repeats and get similar numbers as Big Brother in the summer then its a win-win for them.

There is also less risk and investment in doing this. If CBS wanted to fill 3 hours of primetime with new content they would either launch three new cheap shows, air 2-3 midseason dramas or increase the episode count of three established scripted series for 4 weeks. All of these options are more expensive than airing Celebrity Big Brother three times a week and just paying the celebrities to take part.

The big thing is when will CBS launch the series? I'm banking on January 2018 and the reason is this month isn't part of the rating sweeps period, all the holiday festivities will be over and most likely Global will want to air it in Canada and don't want it to conflict with Big Brother Canada which airs from March - May.

The only negative thing I can think of is if American CBB and British CBB happen to make an offer to the same American celebrity. Then the Celeb may have to chose which one to take part in. ;D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 01:58:10 AM by Josh »

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • Username: marie44
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 05:56:20 AM »
Quote from: Jackie
I hope they can get real celebrities and superfans like Kathy Griffin (she never was against reality shows) and possibly Beth Berhs. So excited for this!
I can see Beth Behrs! She was in 2BG which was in CBS, it optoo am hopeful they get fans who are celebrities!
FUTURE AFP OF BB19

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 06:25:38 AM »
I can see Beth Behrs! She was in 2BG which was in CBS, it optoo am hopeful they get fans who are celebrities!

Yeah Beth is a superfan and already said she would sign up for a celebrity edition in a heatbeat. Hope it can happen!

And PLEASE Kass/Grodner, I have next to no faith in you but if yall could just not put any ex houseguests that would be very nice. Also, I know that guy Shane is already casted but please no youtubers, they are not celebrities.

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 08:33:49 AM »
Quote from: Marie on Today at 05:56:20 AMQuote from: JackieI hope they can get real celebrities and superfans like Kathy Griffin (she never was against reality shows) and possibly Beth Berhs. So excited for this!I can see Beth Behrs! She was in 2BG which was in CBS, it optoo am hopeful they get fans who are celebrities!
Yeah Beth is a superfan and already said she would sign up for a celebrity edition in a heatbeat. Hope it can happen!

And PLEASE Kass/Grodner, I have next to no faith in you but if yall could just not put any ex houseguests that would be very nice. Also, I know that guy Shane is already casted but please no youtubers, they are not celebrities.

None of the youtubers they cast in shit are not even that famous, they're not Pewdie Pie, Jenna Marbles or Ryan Higa famous, like those are actually pretty high profile youtubers not just "Tyler Oakley" famous... But yes NO to youtubers!

I think the biggest danger we have is Frankie Grande, her go to houseguests like Jordeff or Brenchel have moved on from BB and they are the only ones who are pretty mainstream, Frankie Grande however is a threat.

Yes thats exactly why I'm hopeful for Beth Behrs, she was on a CBS show and is a superfan, she's the perfect candidate to bring in!
FUTURE AFP OF BB19

• Big Brother
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2017, 02:10:49 PM »
We're going to get YouTubers, oh and you're right, it will probably be Shane and of course, we will have Frankie. And probably Derrick, in which we will need Paulie so that we can give Derrick an ally and we'll need Vanessa so that we can get another big threat other than Derrick. I would love it if they cast both Sheri & Cole Labrant and the fact that they can appear the the younger demographic and are Southern helps. Gamer/Nerdy YouTubers also have a strong chance as well. Jess from BB19 is Fresh and would be a likely female returning, plus she said she "has big news", even though I think she and Cody are a fit for TAR.

Any chance that they'd cast Speidi? If they take from Celebrity BBUK alum, I fell like they're the best choices because they'd play a game, are already American Reality alum. It wouldn't surprise me if they got someone from Jersey Shore, maybe not the situation, though, and I'm sure you'll all like to see New York there. They better not choose Tila Tequila and I wouldn't be surprised if they chose someone from BGC, and thankfully, Grodner would probably not want someone like Farrah and probably not Tila Tequila on her show. Speidi may be the best choice out of all of them with Paris in a second.

And because Big Brother loves to cast its Country people, and half of the cast is Southern anyways, and probably the viewers too, they are for sure going to get someone, probably two celebs from Country music, Nascar, Red-State Beauty Queens, rodeo, maybe a Republican politician/well-known Celebrity Republican or a celebrity who heavily backed Trump or maybe not country, but someone who played music back in the prehistoric 80s. I know this is a far stretch, but I really think that this cast would need Bill Clinton to see if we can get a Showmance going.  :P :P :-X

Any chance for any Survivors? If they're in the house with Derrick and Vanessa, they won't be as threatening or it would give them and even Survivors a chance to bounce the target off of one another without Production giving someone Immunity like Paul. I always felt like Abi would be good for Big Brother, but she is not going to grab the Casuals. I doubt Corinne Kalpan, Cochran or Spencer Bledsoe would cope. Randy would probably do this. Boston Rob is the original reality star-turned-celeb. Joe Anglim wouldn't be a surprising choice either. Sugar was on Celebrity Rehab and is a mess like a celebrity. I doubt that we'll see a Hantz. Jenna Moracsa, Sandra Diaz-Twine, Richard Hatch, Rob Cestornino, Parvati Shallow, Amanda Kimmel, Cirie Fields, Malcolm Freberg (a better choice than Joe, who has the Survival aspect from him), and of course, may more meet a lot of characteristics that they'd look for. If S35 has a breakout star, expect one of them. A lot of Survivor fans don't touch Big Brother, and this is a strong way that they can headhunt some of their fans who don't follow Big Brother. Also, Keith Nale is such their classic older guy who is clueless and non-strategic the entire time and fits their redneck stereotype and unlike Kevin, he may win a competition. I don't see Rupert agreeing to this but he would just become the typical older guy who falls under the radar and make it far enough for Survivor Casuals to watch. I feel like him, Joe Anglim, and Ozzy were popular because they also had the survival aspect down pat. I'm not sure what we would see if they played a game where that aspect is eliminated.

Oh and of course, we're going to get a couple of athletes, especially since we need a physical threat to off-set some threats, but too bad it won't be Tom Brady, who I suspect we'll see one day when his NFL career is over with, even though I think he would agree to Survivor and they'd get him before Big Brother ever could.

Apart from Richard Hatch, we may see someone from Celebrity Apprentice. I would love for it to be Omarosa, but I have my doubts she will give up her position with Trump, or if Big Brother is even a fit for her.

Any chance that they would cast non-Americans, that is if they're playing for Charity. If so, expect Nikki Graham who will be equally as clueless as she was on BB Canada and she's Derrick's perfect Victoria. I would also love it if they really wanted to go for Controversy and cast Jake Paul, that is if Grodner can prevent him from setting the house on fire. Rebecca Black would also be nice, they can even try to evicted on a Friday.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 03:10:55 PM by JustinBieberDingus »

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2017, 11:29:57 PM »
I think it's important to remember this is a celebrity edition. People who played a game on tv aren't and will never be celebs just for that. If they want survivor people, they belong in the normal format.

I think the only youtuber i'm willing to see on the show would be Superwoman, she's out there, she's kinda well known, she got the chops and you KNOW she has that type of personality that could create a bomb ass female alliance.

Idk who that frankie guy is im sorry last time 55 yo monkeys are not considered celebrities.

• Big Brother
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2017, 11:55:33 PM »
I think it's important to remember this is a celebrity edition. People who played a game on tv aren't and will never be celebs just for that. If they want survivor people, they belong in the normal format.

I think the only youtuber i'm willing to see on the show would be Superwoman, she's out there, she's kinda well known, she got the chops and you KNOW she has that type of personality that could create a bomb ass female alliance.

Idk who that frankie guy is im sorry last time 55 yo monkeys are not considered celebrities.

If this is going to be a mix of celebs and former houseguests, Survivors would be good to add in more threats so that the biggest returning player threat gets a chance without having to be handed Immunity by a twist like Neda or Paul. Also, Richard Hatch was on Celebrity Apprentice and so was Omarosa. They'd consider mainstream Survivor who Casuals remember, bot just any Survivor. No, they're not as famous as Justin Bieber, but don't be surprised if they're on there.

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2017, 03:25:04 AM »

If this is going to be a mix of celebs and former houseguests, Survivors would be good to add in more threats so that the biggest returning player threat gets a chance without having to be handed Immunity by a twist like Neda or Paul. Also, Richard Hatch was on Celebrity Apprentice and so was Omarosa. They'd consider mainstream Survivor who Casuals remember, bot just any Survivor. No, they're not as famous as Justin Bieber, but don't be surprised if they're on there.

All they said is "celebrity does not exclude past houseguests", they ain't never said it's a mix of ex houseguests and celebrities. I wouldn't be surprised if they get at least one veteran in, because they can't seem to have any season without a veteran nowadays, but don't expect much more than that.

As for Survivor, I don't see them bringing anybody else than Richard or maybe Parv cause she still works for them. The rest are unknown to casuals.

Offline whathefuck

• Housemate
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2017, 03:37:25 AM »
I'm sorry but an ex-HG of Big Brother belongs to at least a Big Brother All Stars, or something like that, not a "Celebrity Big Brother". It would be a shame to have Frankie Grande in this season!

I think I will follow this, it seems so exciting to have celebrities (hopefully real ones) to play a real game, as the BB US format.
Will it air for sure on CBS or just on their website as the BB Over the Top ? (I think it's a silly question, considering they're probably going to pay very high the celebrities, it's still better to air it on TV and win $$$)

I guess it will be on CBS for 8 to 10 weeks, during the winter hiatus of this year's TV shows (?

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2017, 04:45:04 AM »
Parvati and Hatch are the only Survivors they would bring, Richard is pretty unlikable and anyone with a brain cell will target Parvati because bitch is way too smart and charming. She's actually the most mainstream survivor as she is "the face of Survivor" in the eyes of CBS, so I could see her going, if she wants to.

Also I highly doubt any ex-houseguests are coming back outside Jordeff/Brenchel, who are probably never coming back or Frankie, they usually bring the latest houseguests in and the only people returning from 19 are Jody and those two are probably Amazing Race bound and Julie Chen probably drafted Jessica's contract for BB20 herself
FUTURE AFP OF BB19

• Big Brother
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2017, 02:12:12 PM »
They remember more than just Richard Hatch and Parvati, they remember Joe Anglim, Sandra, Cirie, and many more. They also remember Johnny Fairplay and others on popular, older seasons.

Offline Depths of Bloomfield

• Big Brother
  • Username: Beatriz_Trapote
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2017, 02:22:21 PM »

• Big Brother
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2017, 02:27:24 PM »
^ Who's that?

I hope that they put Bill Clinton in the house so that we can get a showmance going.  ;D ;D ;D

Anyone betting on Nikki Grahame being there? I really don't have expectations that we will get "celebrities" on this.

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2017, 03:41:01 PM »
Quote from: Depths of Bloomfield
(Image removed from quote.)
YES!

Elisabeth Hassleback lol
FUTURE AFP OF BB19

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2017, 03:42:42 PM »
They remember more than just Richard Hatch and Parvati, they remember Joe Anglim, Sandra, Cirie, and many more. They also remember Johnny Fairplay and others on popular, older seasons.

Sandra and Cirie are not doing this. Fairplay might, but if they will crossover a Survivor, it will be Parvati... Joe Anglim maybe ony due to popularity but he seriously sucks at Survivor
FUTURE AFP OF BB19

• Big Brother
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2017, 12:52:32 PM »
Oh yeah, that's right, I was just going to say Elizabeth Hasselbeck, but I'm not sure she would do this.

Why wouldn't Sandra or Cirie do this?

I also wonder if they could get Sarah Palin to do this. It would be interesting if any of the Ultra-Liberal celebrities like Kathy Griffin would make any kind of deal with her.

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2017, 02:00:47 PM »
YAASSSS HELL YAAASSSS!!! I was so happy when this announcement was made, it's about goddamn time.

One thing folks, it seems that y'all don't know or are forgetting the fact that Heidi is due in October, so as she'll be a new mommy by the end of 2017, I definitely will rule Speidi out of US CBB for the time being, and if Spencer gets the call, he may say no, but who the hell knows, and in the end I don't see them at US CBB for now. Kathy Griffin is unlikely as I don't think CBS will handle themselves with her after the controversy she had a few months ago with a picture she posted of a decapitated DJT that landed her in so much trouble, CNN fired her.

I PRAY they don't cast a single former BB player. I really hope they don't. Neil Patrick Harris is likely, he's been with CBS for years, he's a superfan, and well... he's awesome. Some of these YouTubers like Shane Dawson or Tyler Oakley are fine for me. They're nice, likable, and both love the show also. I'd like to see a Trump-supporter like Elisabeth Hasselback on CBB, she'll be fine. And that may work for her TV comeback? But I doubt she'll ever get the call or be interested in doing reality TV again (even though it's been 16 years since she was featured on Survivor).

When it comes to Survivor castmates on CBB, I'd like to see Boston Rob, Parvati, or Richard Hatch. Cirie or Sandra may be nice considerations as well. This could be a better way to transport Survivor to BB than how BB has been sent into Survivor. Just saying...
:) Live happy every day!!! <3