Author Topic: Big Brother 7 Finland  (Read 94846 times)

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
Re: Big Brother 7 Finland
« Reply #175 on: October 01, 2011, 09:53:34 PM »

Suvi preparing to go to sleep.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 10:24:06 PM by BrutalGentleman »

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #176 on: October 01, 2011, 11:41:36 PM »
Nomination table, week 5

Housemate:Gave 2 points to:Gave 1 point to:Received points (total):
VeeraSuviSebastian2
Ben SebastianSuvi4
Minna AnnikaMikael3
Sebastian BenVeera6
AmandaSebastianSuvi-
SalarSuviTanja-
Suvi StefanMikael9
MikaelTanjaSuvi3 (these points do not count since Mikael has immunity)
JanicaAnnikaVeera1
Annika MinnaJanica6
Tanja AnnikaMikael3
StefanSuviSebastian2
TerhiBenMinna-

Up for eviction: Annika, Ben, Minna, Sebastian, Suvi, Tanja

Note how Ben's and Salar's alliance targeted Suvi and Sebastian and got what they wanted, except for Ben ending up being nominated as well.

It has been speculated the producers wanted six nominees for this week, instead of the usual four, so they could add two expendable "weaker" housemates, Minna and Tanja. This way they don't risk losing Suvi or Ben yet. Also, since the fans of each nominee will vote for their favorite, it's just more €€€ in the coffers.

I would like to see Ben evicted this week... but I'm also pretty sure the non-24/7 viewers have a much rosier picture of him than those who have actually seen him and his gang in action. So it's probably going to be Minna or Tanja. Since Minna is visually impaired, she'll likely get a certain number of baseline sympathy points no matter what she does in the house (or doesn't do, as might be the case here.) Tanja, on the other hand, has certain issues, especially in the last party, and she hasn't been featured too strongly or in a too positive light in the dailies... so Tanja will be the likely evictee even though she's a more interesting housemate than Minna.

Annika divides opinions. She has both haters and supporters... and only the latter should count when there are no minus votes. On one hand, Annika is sporty, youthful and attractive, in a bit crazy or playful and spontaneous girl-next-door type way. Obviously she's also very fond of Mikael, which is kind of cute. On the other hand, she's rather jealous of her in-house boyfriend, quite moody (easily going to the extremes with her emotions and not always in a nice way) and sometimes a bit selfish or thoughtless, even harsh with her words in the company of people she doesn't like too much. In any case, she should be relatively safe from her "haters" and I think she should remain much later into the season.

Sebastian is untouchable: a likely finalist. Suvi is probably the next weakest "ordinary" housemate up from Tanja and Minna in this eviction. Ben is a bit of a question mark. It's hard to assess how much of his initial support remains now that the viewers have seen his darker, scheming and lying side, and he's up for eviction for the first time. But only the 24/7 subscribers have been able to witness his foul play antics in full so he's likely going to clear this Sunday unscathed.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 09:22:07 AM by BrutalGentleman »

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #177 on: October 02, 2011, 09:44:26 AM »
So far I like what I am reading (I read most of this at work on break) I may subscribe to the feeds even though I can't speak Finnish, from what I read they seem interesting to watch plus I will support any country that like to develop/expand live feeds.

I like how they twisted Pandora's Box, I wish they would do that here in the States a few times. If anyone who hasn't seen the US version here is a full description of Pandora's Box for BBUSA:

Starting in the final weeks (Generally Week 5 through Week 9) Pandora's Box will impose a situation upon the current Head of Household. Prior to opening Pandora's Box the Head of Household is shown a snippet of something good on the Spy Screen. The Head of Household is warned that upon opening Pandora's Box will release one good consequence and one bad consequence upon the Head of Household and the rest of the House. When the Head of Household opens the door to Pandora's Box (an adjacent room accessible only through the Head of Household bedroom). The Head of Household will be informed of which consequence is theirs and which one was unleashed upon the Housemates.

The first two Pandora's Box tasks were in Big Brother 11 USA and they were not "game changers" really. The first involved Kevin inserting his hand into a giant box believing it would give him $10k. The good consequence was that in the backyard $10k was pouring down in the backyard in $1 bills. The bad consequence was his had was locked inside the box as a punishment and one of the five Housemates would have to find the key to unlock him. This was really bad for him because Jeff wasn't in his alliance found the key but held off unlocking him until he got around $3k. Kevin was only able to collect around $600.

The second that year involved Natalie spending time with her boyfriend. The bad was she accepted to forfit her right to play in the next Veto competition. Pandora then gave her a second decision to allow her visit to be extended by 15 minutes and unleash various annoyances upon her Housemates and she accepted.

Big Brother 12 holds the current record of having the most Pandora's Box tasks with 4. The first task that year was a game changer in both a good and bad way. The first was Matt was awarded the rare Diamond Power of Veto. This Veto allows the holder to Veto a Head of Household's nomination but allowed the Diamond Veto Holder to name the replacement. He had a limited time however to use this Veto. The second was a new Saboteur was unleashed upon the House. Ragan was chosen by the public and won $20k for completing his task.  The remaining thee tasks were not game changers.

Big Brother 13 only featured two tasks like BB11. The first this year was Porsche was shown a screen with $10k separated into two briefcases. When she opened the Box she was then informed that the duo twist was unleashed upon the entire House (including herself) and she had to inform the rest of the House. She chose Kalia to be her partner and the third aspect of Pandora's Box was Porsche's partner would get $5k and she would get $5k.

The non-game changers did not give the Head of Household to take the "good" consequence or the "bad" consequence. Instead the Head of Household could get a good or bad consequence. Two of Pandora's Box tasks involved the HoH getting the bad "consequence" In BB12 Brittany/BB13 Rachel were both locked in Pandora's Box with Jessie from BB10/11 (and if anyone has seen BB10/11 being locked in a room with him knows it is a punishment). While they were in the room they were shown on a TV what the "good" prize was by Big Brother.

At least one Pandora's Box each year will give the Head of Household a "bad" consequence.

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #178 on: October 02, 2011, 06:53:06 PM »
So far I like what I am reading (I read most of this at work on break) I may subscribe to the feeds even though I can't speak Finnish, from what I read they seem interesting to watch plus I will support any country that like to develop/expand live feeds.

If you're planning to subscribe to the live 24/7 feeds, you might want to take a look at the beginning of this thread where I posted a couple of messages with some relevant links and information:

http://forum.worldofbigbrother.com/index.php?topic=547.msg22190#msg22190
http://forum.worldofbigbrother.com/index.php?topic=547.msg22265#msg22265
http://forum.worldofbigbrother.com/index.php?topic=547.msg22351#msg22351

The nice thing about the Finnish BB "fan scene" is there's this guy who has developed a free, unofficial video feed viewer application - called BBViewer - for each year's 24/7 feeds. (You still need the paid Katsomo account for actually using it, though.) The app is like a video player on steroids, specifically customized for watching BB Finland. It allows monitoring multiple streams (even all of them) simultaneously, switching between them and rearraning and customizing the layout of the video panels in a more convenient and feature-rich way than the official website.

I like how they twisted Pandora's Box, I wish they would do that here in the States a few times. If anyone who hasn't seen the US version here is a full description of Pandora's Box for BBUSA:

Thanks. I had heard of the concept in the US version but not read a detailed description before. Since Pandora's Box in BBF is a small chest containing two letters, opened in the diary room, and the housemate who opens it may choose which way the consequences go - even though he or she isn't aware of what the consequences are at the time of making the hcoice - it is executed in a bit different way, but the fundamental idea remains the same. (Of course, the box has only been opened a single time this far. They could still change the way how it works.)

The housemates have been ordered on the sofas. The eviction show for this Sunday is going live in 10 minutes.

BB: "This is Big Brother. Ten minutes to live broadcast."

Oh, and Suvi is still required to wear the megaphone backpack and the microphone helmet. Earlier today, she was crying as the helmet ruins her hairdo. The other housematres were sure she would have been allowed to take it off by the live broadcast but apparently she isn't... and she's up for eviction herself, which makes it worse, as in the worst case, she will be evicted and may need to leave the house and enter the studio, possibly still wearing the backpack and the helmet!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 07:00:44 PM by BrutalGentleman »

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #179 on: October 02, 2011, 07:47:52 PM »
The eviction show is currently ongoing. The voting situations were revealed on Friday, and also during tonight's eviction show.

Friday 19:16pm - Annika, Sebastian, Minna, Suvi, Ben, Tanja

Friday 19:26pm - Sebastian, Annika, Ben, Suvi, Minna, Tanja

Sunday 21:05pm - Annika, Ben, Sebastian, Tanja, Minna, Suvi

Sunday 21:15pm - Annika, Sebastian, Ben, Suvi, Minna, Tanja

Sunday 21:21pm - Annika, Sebastian, Ben, Suvi, Minna, Tanja

Sunday 21:29pm - Annika, Sebastian, Tanja, Ben, Suvi, Minna

Sunday 21:36pm - Annika, Suvi, Ben, Minna, Tanja, Sebastian

Sunday 21:42pm - Sebastian, Ben, Annika, Suvi, Tanja, Minna

Sunday 21:51pm - Sebastian, Annika, Tanja, Minna, Ben, Suvi

Sunday 21:59pm -  Sebastian, Annika, Suvi, Ben, Ben, Tanja, Minna

Sunday 22:06pm - Sebastian, Annika, Ben, Tanja, Minna, Suvi

Sunday 22:13pm - Sebastian, Suvi, Tanja, Minna, Annika, Ben

Sunday 22:17pm - Annika, Ben, Sebastian, Suvi, Minna, Tanja

Sunday 22:22pm - Ben, Annika, Sebastian, Minna, Tanja, Suvi

Voting has closed.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 08:32:33 PM by OmgItsPhil »

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #180 on: October 02, 2011, 07:59:04 PM »
By the way, if youre a 24/7 subscriber, you can watch the BB shows - such as the eviction show and the BB Extra shows - live as they're broadcast on TV. (This can't be done in BBViewer. BBViewer only allows watching the TV shows later when they're over and archived. BBViewer, of course, also allows viewing the 24/7 live feeds from the house even during the eviction show when the housemates are sitting on the sofas, and you can also see the actual moment of eviction from inside the house, but not the studio segments when the evictee is being interviewed etc.)

In order to view the actual shows and studio segments live, you need to log in to the Katsomo BB page. Click on BB-ohjelmat ("BB Shows") > Kaikki ohjelmat ("All shows") > Big Brother Talk Show > NYT -alkanut 21.00 ("NOW - broadcast began at 21:00 (9 p.m.)") The same principle also applies to the other BB shows if you want to watch them live as they're broadcast.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #181 on: October 02, 2011, 08:32:01 PM »
Minna has been evicted.

Results -
- Ben - 17.74%
- Annika - 17.67%
- Sebastian - 16.92%
- Suvi - 16.07%
- Tanja - 15.69%
- Minna - 15.62%
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 08:40:58 PM by OmgItsPhil »

Offline World of BB

• Administrator
  • Winner
  • Username: grahamuk
    • World of Big Brother
« Reply #182 on: October 02, 2011, 09:00:23 PM »
The first time this year that the person I wanted to be evicted was evicted. Interesting that everyone thought Sebastian was safe, but ended up being only 1.3% away from eviction.

That must be one of the closed votes in Big Brother history with just 2.12% separating 1st from 6th.

15.62% is the highest percentage ever in a 6 way vote to save (beating Chantel in BB5 Netherlands with 14%).

0.07% difference between Minna and Tanja is in the top 5 closest votes ever.

However, once again, they still can't work out the percentages correctly as they only add up to 99.71%.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #183 on: October 02, 2011, 09:08:39 PM »
However, once again, they still can't work out the percentages correctly as they only add up to 99.71%.

The producers will probably claim that the last 0.29% was for housemates not even nominated again. ::)

Offline World of BB

• Administrator
  • Winner
    • World of Big Brother
« Reply #184 on: October 02, 2011, 09:14:39 PM »
I didn't believe that explaination last week. I doubt that exactly 1.00% of the voters voted for people whos numbered where not published. Why would they even open up the phone lines for people who aren't nominated?

It wouldn't surprise me if last week they messed up with the counting and evicted the wrong person, and were then too embassared to admit to it.

Offline Markus

• Mole
  • Username: antos
« Reply #185 on: October 02, 2011, 09:42:51 PM »
Yeah, well...there might be somethging fishy going on in the votecounts. Wouldn't really surprise me. Nevertheless, I think the only big flaw of this year is that they're still using the same strategy on voting to get as much money as they can. On the other hand I think, the right HMs have been evicted. Oskar, Tamer and Minna really didn't bring much anything to the house.
Lost a planet Master Obi Wan has. How embarrassing.

Offline Jarskaaja

• Secret Housemate
« Reply #186 on: October 03, 2011, 12:13:47 AM »
The reason for these close votes is because the producers keep showing the voting results before the vote ends. It's done to get as much money from televotes as possible. Whenever somebody is in last place on results, (s)he will immediately start receiving lots of plus votes from fans, gets bumped off the place and somebody else becomes last instead. This keeps happening until they stop showing the results and the evicted housemate is announced.

Look how Annika and Ben just received lots of plus votes for them between that commercial break. It's very manipulated and the production team only cares about the money.

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #187 on: October 03, 2011, 12:06:04 PM »
Weekly task: Heaven & Hell

The housemates have been temporarily ordered to the outdoor task area. It's raining. They have a light canopy for their protection, some garden chairs for sitting on, and a table with some picnic/breakfast food on it, including a couple of vacuum flasks containing coffee and tea. While they're being kept there - and unbeknownst to them, of course - one part of the house will be decorated as Heaven and another as Hell. They're suspecting something will happen inside the house, though, as the task area is mostly empty and there are no activities for them in there.

While waiting, the housemates have been called, one by one, to the diary room of the task area, to give their assessment of their fellow housemates, based on The Seven Deadly Sins (pride, envy, wrath, greed, gluttony, sloth, lust.) What they do not know yet is BB will later assign them to "Heaven" or "Hell" based on these assessments.

As for last night's eviction, my personal opiinion is it was time for Minna to go. She was just too quiet and passive, too dull and too afraid to state her opinion about anything other than completely trivial everyday things. The people responsible for casting her probably chose her primarily for the visual impairment aspect - believing that it would compensate for the lack of personality by causing interesting situations and conflicts in the house - but that was not  to be. She was revealed to be just a generic, dull, hangaround housemate. (Minna is a BB addict herself, though, so getting to experience the house from the inside was surely a nice experience for her, personally, anyway.)

It was also a good thing Tanja was saved. I really thought she would be the one to go out instead of Minna. Janica and Tanja have lately been getting closer to each other, making friends with one another. Since Janica has been a bit of a lone wolf in the house - not being too close to anyone - having Tanja still remain in the house was a good thing for her as well.

On the other hand, this eviction (just like Tamer's) was a bit dull... as it did not really rupture or warp the social fabric of the house in any noticeable way. The result will probably be fairly similar next time, too, should the next evictee be Terhi. But after that we'll hopefully finally start getting some interesting changes.

The thing that was surprising to me was Annika's strong support among the voting viewers. During the televote, she appeared to hold an even safer position than Sebastian. While Annika is very likable on first sight, she has lately showed her less flattering personal traits, best kept hidden. (Jealousy over Mikael, having hissy fits about other housemates behind their backs and calling them with ugly names over rather insignificant things, planning to steal cigarettes from Minna, etc.)

Tanja and Mikael have continued having some hostile exchanges over things Mikael has said (or possibly hasn't said) about Tanja. Tanja would like to be friends with Mikael but Mikael does not consider her worth putting any time and effort on and isn't interested in making up. Tanja feels Mikael is currently acting in an arrogant, scornful way towards her as he's not really even wanting to settle their arguments.

Janica's and Veera's personal relationship has been a rather cold and distant after the party on Friday night. During that party, the drunken Janica and a bit more sober Salar ended up under the same duvet and there was some heavy petting (probably fingering) and other things going on. (Salar was lying on top of Janica, between her spread thighs, and Janica held onto him by wrapping her legs around him. They don't admit to having had sex, or even being naked, but at least there was some full-body contact hip rubbing and stimulating squirming going on. They were even being asked about the incident during the live eviction show by the hostesses of the show, Susanna and Elina.) By the following morning, Salar had moved to Veera's bed, and they might have had sex then. (Salar and Veera have denied that to the other housemates but they did have a private discussion about the possibility of pregnancy later on. Veera told Salar she has a medical condition of some sort and can't have babies so Salar shouldn't be worried.)

Edit: We just got a glimpse of the modified yard in the DC1 feed:

That appears to be a path of coals leading from the house to the outdoor shower...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 02:39:24 PM by BrutalGentleman »

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #188 on: October 03, 2011, 05:49:08 PM »
The residents of Hell are Sebastian, Annika, Mikael, Salar, Ben, Amanda and Tanja. They are supposed to suffer and feel ashamed for their sins and carry out the tasks assigned to them.

The residents of Hell live in the Whirlpool of Netherworld (the spare room, which is now specially decorated for the purpose). There's a gravel path (the gravel has sharp edges) which leads from the Netherworld to the Place of Harm (the shower in the yard, which is now always on, only dispenses cold water, is surrounded by a chicken wire cage, and has a dirt floor), which is for smoking. The residents of Hell aren't allowed to remain or walk in other places or rooms in the house. They also aren't allowed to use the indoor shower.

The residents of Hell need to pump the Device of Purgatory whenever Big Brother orders them to. Pumping the Device of Purgatory makes a red light bulb above it light up.

The residents of Hell are required to regularly oil up their bodies and smudge themselves with coal without needing to be specifically ordered to do so, and they need to wear the clothes assigned to them.

There's the Furnace (a high-powered heater) in the Whirlpool of Netherworld. The residents of Hell aren't supposed to touch or manipulate it.

The residents of Hell are only supposed to eat special food dispensed to them.

If the housemates are called to the sofas, the residents of Hell will gather on the Platform of Hades - a larger gravel area located by the gravel path, next to the sofas.

Big Brother: "This is Big Brother. Go to Hell."

(BB appears to have a deeper, more devilish voice in Hell  >:D)

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 06:18:25 PM by BrutalGentleman »

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #189 on: October 03, 2011, 05:56:38 PM »
The residents of Heaven are Suvi, Terhi, Veera, Stefan and Janica.

The residents of Heaven are required to enjoy their stay and carry out the tasks assigned to them.

The residents of Heaven have the entire house at their disposal, except for the Whirlpool of Netherworld (the spare room, which is used by the residents of Hell) and the gravel path leading from there to the outdoor shower in the yard .

The residents of Heaven can rest heavenly. Big Brother will give further information about this later. They have hot water available to them at all times. They will dine like in Paradise: luxuriously and abundantly. They are required to wear clothes provided to them (white togas of some sort.) Big Brother will listen to and consider the wishes of the residents of Heaven.

The bedroom of the residents of Heaven appears to be decorated all over with white gauze. Looks very fluffy and heavenly and romantic. They also found a fruit basket and a couple of bottles of wine in there, courtesy of Big Brother.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 06:25:22 PM by BrutalGentleman »

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #190 on: October 03, 2011, 07:34:06 PM »
Residents of hell (those who smoke) going for a smoke:

The shower in the smoking cage sprinkles cold water on them all the time. They're standing in a foot-deep pool of mud.

They also got a pot of foul tasting soup/porridge with a wooden spoon for each. (No personal plates, they need to eat straight from the pot.)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 07:40:06 PM by BrutalGentleman »

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #191 on: October 03, 2011, 07:52:38 PM »
Meanwhile in Heaven:

Offline World of BB

• Administrator
  • Winner
    • World of Big Brother
« Reply #192 on: October 03, 2011, 08:23:24 PM »
Every time I put the feed on Tanja is crying. What's wrong with her, is she just a big baby and is crying because she is in hell or has something else happened?

Offline World of BB

• Administrator
  • Winner
    • World of Big Brother
« Reply #193 on: October 03, 2011, 08:30:22 PM »
The reason for these close votes is because the producers keep showing the voting results before the vote ends. It's done to get as much money from televotes as possible. Whenever somebody is in last place on results, (s)he will immediately start receiving lots of plus votes from fans, gets bumped off the place and somebody else becomes last instead. This keeps happening until they stop showing the results and the evicted housemate is announced.

Look how Annika and Ben just received lots of plus votes for them between that commercial break. It's very manipulated and the production team only cares about the money.

Welcome to the forum Jarskaaja!

Offline Jarskaaja

• Secret Housemate
« Reply #194 on: October 03, 2011, 08:46:52 PM »
Thanks, I saw you wondering about the voting results and that's when I had to comment.

The eviction show here is really terrible, they waste a lot of time showing voting results and clips from the week instead of showing what happened in the house on Saturday. I think they showed under 10 minutes of Saturday last time. :(

Apart from that, this is the best season of BB we've had in a while.

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #195 on: October 03, 2011, 09:03:46 PM »
Every time I put the feed on Tanja is crying. What's wrong with her, is she just a big baby and is crying because she is in hell or has something else happened?

Last week, when the housemates were on a "trailer holiday" (their weekly task), they had a party in one of their virtual "destinations". They were allowed to leave the outdoor task area for the duration of the party and use their regular yard, the jacuzzi, the sauna, and the outdoor shower. (The entrance to the house was blocked with a rolling steel gate like those used to protect storefronts from vandalism, so they couldn't enter the house as they were still on a "holiday", and had to return to the task area and continue their road trip after the party.)

During the party, Tanja took outdoor shower naked while the rest of the housemates were sitting on the deck chairs in the upper patio or soaking in the jacuzzi, or sweating in sauna, or smoking under the smoking canopy. Both Salar (who was in the jacuzzi with Mikael and Janica) and Ben (who was in the sauna with Amanda and Veera) commented something nasty about her looks. I think what Salar said was something like "that sight will make a man lose his erections for the next thousand years".

Mikael was then actually trying to hush Salar up, but Janica overheard the comment and thought they both were joking about Tanja's looks. Janica scolded the two guys and said that if you're going to say things like that, or if you're having opinions like that, better keep them to yourself or only say them while she's not in listening range because she for sure doesn't want to hear about them.

Later on, Janica told Tanja what had been said in the jacuzzi and Tanja got offended. She said she doesn't mind if someone cracks a joke about her body in front of her as she knows it's not perfect, and she might even do that herself from time to time, but yes, it does make her feel a bit bad if someone is making such comments behind her back. The way Janica told the story gave the impression that it was Mikael who was joking about Tanja's body, not Salar.

Tanja has been trying to resolve the matter with Mikael both on Friday (when the weekly task was over and they had another party) and on Sunday (before the live eviction show), but Mikael apparently got offended about the way how Tanja is putting the blame on him and is feeling awkward about the prospect of snitching about Salar, and Mikael doesn't really like Tanja anyway (he despises of her rambling speaking style and thinks she's trying to behave in a "too intelligent" and pretentious way) so they haven't really gotten anywhere with the matter and Tanja thinks he's a prick for not wanting to talk things through.

Now, on this Monday, Tanja got assigned to the group of housemates who live in "Hell" where she does not have any of her friends (Janica, Suvi, maybe Terhi) with her... except maybe Sebastian who is in the neutral zone with regards to her. She was also expected to strip half-naked in front of Mikael again (who she thinks was the one who commented on her looks) so she was feeling quite pissed off, awkward, and insecure at the same time. And Salar, Ben, and Amanda (the housemates who dislike her as well and who have actually made nasty comments about her looks) are residents of Hell as well. What is more, she was quite prepared to go home in the last eviction, and thinks she will be evicted next anyway, so the weekly task which requires her to rot in "Hell" semi-naked with people who dislike her and her looks feels anguishing and a bit pointless.

She also didn't want to wear the bikinis provided by BB without wearing her own bra under them. At first, the other housemates were of the opinion she can't keep the bra on as they shouldn't wear anything not provided by BB but apparently she's now allowed to do that as she's still wearing it.

She's not crying at the moment, though, and seems to have recovered and gotten in a better mood again.

A couple of pictures from Hell (Tanja does not feature in these. Annika was feeling dizzy after pumping the Device of Purgatory for a while and had to sit down on the floor and keep her head down between her knees for a moment... these pictures were taken some time after that incident, when she was already beginning to feel better):

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 11:55:57 PM by BrutalGentleman »

Offline World of BB

• Administrator
  • Winner
    • World of Big Brother
« Reply #196 on: October 03, 2011, 09:14:57 PM »
Thanks for the explaination.

It's very hypocritical for Salar to say that about Tanja, given that he himself is overweight, not good looking and doesn't have the guts to shower naked.

The more I hear about him the more I want him to be evicted. I don't get why such a nasty man is so popular inside the house (he didn't get a single nomination point last week) and also popular with the public.

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #197 on: October 03, 2011, 11:19:15 PM »
It's very hypocritical for Salar to say that about Tanja, given that he himself is overweight, not good looking and doesn't have the guts to shower naked.

Salar often does not have any filter on what he says - especially when he's in his "bully mode". When the other housemates complain about what he just said, he's usually going "Peace man! It's only a joke. Can't you take jokes!" Several housemates have commented it's hard to read him and you can never quite tell if the things he's saying are for real or not.

About Salar's attractiveness... well, the viewers writing on BB fan sites and forums have been wondering about that. He has had encounters of sexual nature with Janica, Suvi, and now Veera. Then again, Mikael is "taken" by Annika (who is very jealous of him), Ben is "taken" by Amanda (and he already made a bad move when he was being entertained by the "harem girls" so he probably does not want to risk anything now), Sebastian abstains from doing anything sexual until marriage, and Stefan is... huge and hairy.

That leaves only Salar to attend to the needs of the single women in the house... however desperate they're getting as weeks go by, or whatever lapses of self-control they might have during parties. And even though Salar might spend time with one of the girls more than the others at times, he has explained on numerous occasions he will never want to have a proper relationship or commit to anyone. (According to what he has said in the house, he simply does not believe in relationships, he's happy with one-night stands.)

I'm not quite sure where Veera stands in this. Since she entered the house later into the season she must be aware of Salar's then-current popularity, or of his scheming tactics. (Actually, when Tamer was evicted, Salar and Ben immediately recruited Veera in their alliance to replace him.) Maybe she's only trying to keep Salar happy and on her side... but at what price? She has said things that would make one believe she might have feelings for Salar... but getting real, I can't buy it.

And as as male, it's a bit hard for me to understand why anyone in the house would let the chubby, boyish Salar touch them, but maybe your views will change when you've lived in the house for a while with no other social contacts... or maybe some people just have a strong enough libido or regular enough needs and habits to overcome any possible aversion... basically just settling for the options available to them. (As they say, in the dark, they all look the same. Maybe it works for males as well...)

The more I hear about him the more I want him to be evicted. I don't get why such a nasty man is so popular inside the house (he didn't get a single nomination point last week) and also popular with the public.

In my opinion, Salar often actively tries to manipulate situations to the effect of getting more camera time. This often leads to some funny action but sometimes it's a bit forced.

Inside the house, Salar is apparently seen as a little rascal who says and does funny, unexpected things and brings some showmanship and action to the house. That's one side of him, of course, but the housemates who do not belong to his alliance do not know about his darker, scheming side, and they do not get to hear the spiteful comments he says about the housemates the alliance is trying to vote out. And since the bulk of televoters only watch the dailies and not 24/7, their view on Salar is similar to the housemates... or depends solely on how much scheming the editor decides to include in the dailies, which has apparently not been much this far... or at least not in the beginning of the season where he was mostly presented in positive light.

I don't think Salar has any chance of winning but since he's such a central and active character - evoking both positive and negative feelings in the viewers - it's likely the producers will want to do everything in their power (showing manipulative intermediate results during televoting, putting 6 people up for eviction instead of the usual four if he's in danger of being voted out, etc.) to keep him in the house until the last moments of the season... maybe even up until the final week, or perhaps "allowing" him to be evicted a week or two before that.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 11:43:45 PM by BrutalGentleman »

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #198 on: October 04, 2011, 01:35:35 AM »
2:25 a.m.

Turns out the pleasures in Heaven (jacuzzi, sauna, music) are powered by the pain, suffering, and hard labor in Hell. For example, without two residents of Hell constantly pumping the Device of Purgatory, the residents of Heaven do not get any music.

Winning the weekly task requires that the residents of Hell suffer and feel ashamed of their sins and the residents of Heaven enjoy themselves. If the housemates do not stay true to their assigned roles, they will fail the task.

There has been a party going on in Heaven for some hours already. Terhi and Veera come back from a visit to the diary room. They tell the other residents of Heaven they've ordered some more music but if something now happens to the residents of Hell, they are required not to display anything but their delight and enjoyment.

At the same time in Hell, Sebastian comes out of the diary room (where he was called by the Devil himself) and wakes up all the residents. Ben and Tanja are currently pumping the Device of Purgatory but all the other residents of Hell (Annika, Amanda, Salar, and Mikael) were sleeping. They need to get up, go down on their knees - Sebastian included - and move crawling on all fours to the Platform of Hades using the gravel path. (The Platform of Hades is the larger gravel area set up in the living room between the sofas and the diary room door.)

The residents of Hell open the door to the Heaven (kitchen area) and start crawling on their gravel path, on all fours, towards their destination. The residents of Heaven are following the residents of Hell with their eyes, trying to look like they're enjoying the show, although you can pretty much see from their eyes and gestures they do not.

Sharp pieces of gravel are hurting the knees and the toes of the residents of Hell. Especially Annika, who was sleeping at the time they were ordered to crawl out of Hell, looks quite distressed. She starts crying silently. Once the residents of Hell arrive at the Platform, still on all fours, Veera tells them they need to move outside using the gravel path (they can walk now), stop in front of the jacuzzi, and do squats while the music is playing.

The residents of Heaven move to the jacuzzi while the residents of Hell are walking down the gravel path. Annika is sobbing. She has scratches on her knees and finds it difficult to walk. It's cold outside and they do not have proper clothes, only bikinis and boxers covering their oiled-up and coal-smudged bodies. Salar is helping Annika to remain standing and walks her towards their target.

Meanwhile, the residents of Heaven are trying to enjoy themselves in the jacuzzi. The music starts playing and the residents of Hell are doing the squats. Finally, the music stops and the residents of Hell are allowed to leave the cold yard and go back to their hellhole to get some sleep. Two of them can't sleep as they still need to pump the Device of Purgatory. The residents of Heaven remain in the jacuzzi and discuss various things. Due to how the task was set up, they need to enjoy themselves and not discuss any unenjoyable things, such as the pain and suffering of the residents of Hell.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 07:56:48 AM by BrutalGentleman »

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #199 on: October 04, 2011, 08:26:09 AM »
The residents of Hell have woken up to a new morning. It's Ben's birthday. They got orders to sing a birthday song for him with Hellish lyrics. They're singing: "Your birthday sucks, Ben, have a miserable, rotten birthday, why don't you go and hang yourself." Or something to that effect.

Ben: "Thanks."

Salar: "You're welcome. No, wait, fuck you! Go to hell."

A bit later, Tanja and Sebastian are contemplating giving Ben a massage as birthday present. (The oil they're required to rub on their skin in Hell has turned out to be massage oil.) "But he isn't supposed to enjoy it," Sebastian says. "We should massage him in a way that makes him suffer!"
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 09:11:13 AM by BrutalGentleman »