Author Topic: Big Brother 13 USA  (Read 63879 times)

Offline Josh

• Head of House
Big Brother 13 USA
« on: April 05, 2011, 06:25:27 AM »
Casting for the upcoming American version is now underway. Wish they would ditch Kassting, Inc. and hire the people that cast The Amazing Race and Survivor though BB needs a more diverse cast in my opinion. CBS is targeting this season for the summer, hopefully Big Brother US can have a twist that is somewhat good this year and that they continue on with the complete strangers.

Some firsts though:
* Julie Chen is now the longest service presenter worldwide
* The first time there is not a regular UK series airing concurrently with the USA season. The media will be upset this year because there won't be no UK/USA comparisons.

Possible firsts:
* If none of the Housemates have any connections with each other this will mark the fourth consecutive season with no relationship twist.

Things we know will stay the same:
* Re-used competitions and twists
* The inability to borrow a twist from a foreign BB (unless you count the Saboteur as a mole)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 12:12:22 AM by Dan »

Offline Bipolar

• Runner-up
Re: Big Brother 13 USA
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 05:56:29 PM »
I would love it if instead of looking for housemates that only gives us strategize, they looked for a complete cast of hell bitches and entertaining people. Eventhought its funny to see big game play moves, it would be even more funny if there were more drama, and if BB were less predictable.

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 07:51:04 AM »
Julie Chen was a guest on Craig Ferguson's late night show recently. She revealed that BB13 USA will start on July 6, 2011

Offline Mikeo498

• Finalist
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 02:40:45 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJeAKz2ei-g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJeAKz2ei-g</a>
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 02:46:01 AM by Mikeo498 »

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 08:39:52 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJeAKz2ei-g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJeAKz2ei-g</a>

One of the few rare gems of both The Talk and Big Brother. Holly's audition tape was funny CBS should do a Celebrity version and put her in. I hope that they do "the challenge" and it is posted online this year.

Online JustinBieberDingus

• Big Brother
  • Username: Trevor
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 06:34:45 PM »
I wonder if Julie Chen's time of the view will help Big Brother much.  :) What do you all think?

• Big Brother
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 06:41:23 PM »
I wonder if BB should ever do three finalists, like what Survivor does. One of the bigger yet-to-be-resolved issues with Big Brother is the lack of validity in entertainment when the final five or six come. I think BBUS should:

- 14 players. The jury starts with the final ten. 
- Eight straight weeks of a standard eviction
- Week nine will have six players ending in a fast forward week, leaving us with the final four. One of the bigger upper hands with doubling an eviction is the event an ejection happens (i.e. Chima) just like what Survivor has been steady with in it's double elimination episodes.
- The final four would be condensed to two episodes. HOH & POV together, plus a suprise/twist/something to simply fill up the episode, maybe even a Super POV type deal (replacing the tradition of Final 3-Part HOH). The final four eviction following next.
- Then, the finale is the winner being determined by the jury of seven over one of three finalists.

That's just what I think would work.

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 02:35:40 AM »
That would be better than the current format for three finalists. I still think a major shake up would be to follow the Brazilian format for at least one week. Here are two ways it could be implemented

Option #1 - Have a twist on launch night that the Housemates have come to expect. Hold the HoH competition as normal with the Housemates not knowing of the upcoming change in format. They say "Expect the unexpected" and they should have a rule stipulating that Big Brother can change the rules at any time. Have the HoH nominate the usual two Housemates for eviction and a PoV competition. Then after the Veto ceremony the public can begin voting but the Housemates have no clue and are scheming to get rid of one of the nominees. Then on eviction night Julie will reveal the change in format by just stating that a particular Housemate has been evicted. This will purely shock them and once the evicted Housemate leaves the House Julie will explain live to the House and to the evicted HM in the studio what has happened and that starting in Week 2 there will be three nominees two chosen by the HoH and one by the Housemates.

Option #2 - For the first three weeks allow the Housemates to play the game as normal. In the third week have them vote as normal but after the vote Julie can announce that due to a change the Housemate votes are now void and the evicted Housemate will be decided by a public vote from this week on. Starting with Week 4 the HoH nominates 2 Housemates while the entire House will nominate one additional Housemate resulting in three facing the public vote.

Just by re-introducing the public vote with the current format will shake up the House and the Housemates won't know how to handle the new format.

Or for a double elimination week they can give the HoH the right to nominate an additional third nominee. Then on eviction night Julie will reveal that the public has been voting to evict one of the Housemates. Then one the public's choice is evicted then the Housemates will have to chose to evict one of the two remaining nominees resulting in only one surviving the eviction.

Honestly I think the American public can handle the power now but depending how the Housemates are mainly portrayed on the CBS broadcast will determine who is evicted by the public.

A small twist could be just to give the public a vote outright each week or each week allow them to grant immunity to one Housemate.

But see if they did a three person finale night then they would have to take a public vote just in the event that the vote came out 3-3-1 since Allison Grodner has stated that during BB2/BB3 the public vote is used to determine a tie breaker.

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 04:19:33 AM »
For me, it would be great that the season premiere is held LIVE instead of a boring unsurprising taped show. Also, I think they can keep the HoH, make housemates nominate like in the first season and allowing the audience to pick who they want to see out, with the HoH adding a third nominee. And for the finale, I think they should leave the whole vote to the audience, its better like that.
:) Live happy every day!!! <3

• Big Brother
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 04:39:29 PM »
For me, it would be great that the season premiere is held LIVE instead of a boring unsurprising taped show. Also, I think they can keep the HoH, make housemates nominate like in the first season and allowing the audience to pick who they want to see out, with the HoH adding a third nominee. And for the finale, I think they should leave the whole vote to the audience, its better like that.

Didn't they do that eith Ex Factor (BB4)? Anyways, I'd love that.

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 05:02:53 PM »

Also, I think that the show instead of premiering in July, should start in mid-June, so we can have more BB to watch. The American version is strong enough to last June-September run. But it seems that CBS is not looking forward to do that. If they just return to the original format for year and add some crazy, drama-making housemates it's going to be a hit.

Offline Bipolar

• Runner-up
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 05:34:16 PM »

Also, I think that the show instead of premiering in July, should start in mid-June, so we can have more BB to watch. The American version is strong enough to last June-September run. But it seems that CBS is not looking forward to do that. If they just return to the original format for year and add some crazy, drama-making housemates it's going to be a hit.

I also think it would be a hit! I'd love it if they used the BBB format. However, i see it very, very unlikely to happen, because for the USA viewers it would be like 'THIS IS NOT BB!!'.

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 05:36:39 PM »
I also think it would be a hit! I'd love it if they used the BBB format. However, i see it very, very unlikely to happen, because for the USA viewers it would be like 'THIS IS NOT BB!!'.
So ture. American viewrs have been watching the current format for virtually 10 years, so that drastic change would be kind of a bummer 4 them.

Offline Bipolar

• Runner-up
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 06:00:16 PM »

So ture. American viewrs have been watching the current format for virtually 10 years, so that drastic change would be kind of a bummer 4 them.

The only option that I see is like, keeping the format unchanged and doing a new show following the original format of BB and call it with another name :P.

Offline Matt91

• Mole
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 08:08:08 PM »

The only option that I see is like, keeping the format unchanged and doing a new show following the original format of BB and call it with another name :P.

I suppose if they really wanted to they could produce Secret Story here too, but for it to work here the secrets would have to be pretty good.

• Big Brother
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2011, 04:39:31 PM »
Secret Story could be a season long used twist (like pairs & America's Player) in which some fans thought season nine was all about that since they played "Dirty Little Secret" by All-American Rejects.

And the issue with making a june series is having sixteen or so players can be considered an edit issue, as there's more people in a condensed 60-minute episode. Survivor had this problem greatly. Plus, BB needs to work on not having the end of the game be boring and predictable.

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2011, 07:16:20 PM »

Every season except for BB1 is a pre-recorded season premiere. When Big Brother 9 was on air this was the most preventable because when the show premiered they were already in the House for six days and Sharon and Jacob were already evicted due to the Power Couple twist. Neil left the next day which resulted in Sharon's arrival being shows two episodes later for CBS due to the huge time gap. Big Brother 4 was also shown pre-recorded as well. If you want to find out the actual date that the Housemates entered into the House for a particular season take the live finale day and go backwards. Like BB4 was 82 days and Day 82 was on Sept. 24, Day 1 was actually July 5th that year and the premiere was shown on July 8th. Just a way to find out the actual enter date.

Honestly if they used the Brazilian format it wouldn't be as different since the really major change is public voting and Housemate nominating. They can keep the PoV and Have/Have Nots they would just need the Housemates to nominate one person that is not chosen by the HoH to also face eviction making three in total.

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2011, 07:28:12 PM »
Secret Story could be a season long used twist (like pairs & America's Player) in which some fans thought season nine was all about that since they played "Dirty Little Secret" by All-American Rejects.

And the issue with making a june series is having sixteen or so players can be considered an edit issue, as there's more people in a condensed 60-minute episode. Survivor had this problem greatly. Plus, BB needs to work on not having the end of the game be boring and predictable.

In a way CBS could do Secret Story with The CW since the graphics would appeal to the younger female demographic. CBS could air the main shows plus the live eviction with The CW airing the highlight shows. Once the show has a sustanable audience they could switch it over to The CW. This would fill in one of the many repeat periods that The CW has and people really wouldn't get tired of BB since both shows would be using two different voting systems.

• Big Brother
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 03:57:50 PM »

In a way CBS could do Secret Story with The CW since the graphics would appeal to the younger female demographic. CBS could air the main shows plus the live eviction with The CW airing the highlight shows. Once the show has a sustanable audience they could switch it over to The CW. This would fill in one of the many repeat periods that The CW has and people really wouldn't get tired of BB since both shows would be using two different voting systems.

Here's an issue with CW's younger female audience: The hot guy is prectically confirmed final four. They'd have to cast at least three love-crazy kind of guys and cast females who would be liked by other females, which would include females who are seen as having a "real personality". Other than that, who would stick around? The token gay guy? I don't see how having secrets would be much of a change.

It would be appropriate, it's just I don't see how secrets will be appealing. It could look like a teen soap that's became a Reality Show. Do you know would make the Secret Story be about the Secrets rather than impressinng CQW's viewers?

Offline Matt91

• Mole
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 04:56:07 PM »

Here's an issue with CW's younger female audience: The hot guy is prectically confirmed final four. They'd have to cast at least three love-crazy kind of guys and cast females who would be liked by other females, which would include females who are seen as having a "real personality". Other than that, who would stick around? The token gay guy? I don't see how having secrets would be much of a change.

It would be appropriate, it's just I don't see how secrets will be appealing. It could look like a teen soap that's became a Reality Show. Do you know would make the Secret Story be about the Secrets rather than impressinng CQW's viewers?

The type of girls that watch the CW probably would find a reason to dislike any girl they put on the show and just vote for the "cute" boy.

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011, 06:31:01 AM »
CBS has officially announced the return of Big Brother:

Season Premiere - Thursday, July 7 @ 9 p.m. EST/8:00 p.m. CST

Regular Schedule:
Sunday, July 10 @ 8 p.m. EST/7:00 p.m. CST
Wednesday, July 13 @ 8 p.m. EST/7:00 p.m. CST
Thursday, July 14 @ 9 p.m. EST/8:00 p.m. CST [New Timeslot]

As in years past Big Brother is replacing The Amazing Race on Sundays and Survivor on Wednesdays. CBS again has decided not to disrupt its Tuesday night dramas for the summer, the Thursday edition is being pushed back so CBS can continue to establish its Thursday comedy block which will have repeats of The Big Bang Theory/Rules of Engagement. CSI looks like it will be rested this summer which is a first since its move to Thursday nights. A new reality show called Same Name (celebrities who share the same name with a member of the public will swap places for a week and live each other's lives) will take over Undercover Boss's timeslot after Big Brother effective July 24. The remainder of CBS' schedule hasn't been announced but it will most likely be repeats of their current shows in those timeslots.

Same Name is produced by 51 Minds Entertainment, LLC, an Endemol USA subsidiary while Big Brother is produced by Fly On The Wall Entertainment (Grodner/Meehan production company) and Endemol USA directly. 51 Minds is most notable for various VH1 celebrity shows like "I Love Money" "Rock of Love" etc.

• Big Brother
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2011, 02:59:42 PM »
Great. Now let's wait for the next twist to be revealed.  ;D

Offline AlexSP

• Big Brother
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 02:15:58 PM »
Could be this video, the first promo of BB13??

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R28k52lOOOY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R28k52lOOOY</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8tDQe9FE4M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8tDQe9FE4M</a>

• Big Brother
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 04:13:13 PM »
Could be this video, the first promo of BB13??

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R28k52lOOOY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R28k52lOOOY</a>

It must be. They always air a BB Promo after the spring Survivor finale.

Offline Bipolar

• Runner-up
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 05:35:01 AM »
If they use the words full of color that says "Big Brother" as a logo it might be the best BBUS logo so far.