Author Topic: Big Brother 9 Australia  (Read 72411 times)

Offline QueenV

• Big Brother
Re: Big Brother 9 Australia
« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2012, 12:18:08 AM »
I starting watch the show this weekend. Finally the mechanic is BB USA Style? I want it  ;D

SHUT UP, GO MAKE SOME RICE

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2012, 01:47:02 AM »
I starting watch the show this weekend. Finally the mechanic is BB USA Style? I want it  ;D
Nope! Traditional one and I'm loving this season! Thank God Australia got BB back. I need new entertainment because BB US is just mad boring this summer.
:) Live happy every day!!! <3

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2012, 03:04:59 AM »

Strangely USA seems to be the only country that can carry off that sort of style - Canada has tried it previously (on a different channel to Slice, which will be airing the new one which will be surely different), and it was a complete trainwreck.

Although it would be cool to see how countries such as Australia would handle the concept, it wouldn't last.

Speaking of the show not lasting, there have been four episodes so far, and from the launch ratings of 1.5 million, the ratings have already fallen below the 1 million mark.

Offline JohnBigOz

• Blogger
  • Runner-up
« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2012, 08:01:15 AM »
To be quite frank, BB US format has not been REALLY re-used, the Qubebec Canada had a diffrent variation of the US format, with 3 nominees, occasional Public Voting, and diffrent HoH format.

Offline DarkFireYoshi

• Winner
  • I am addicted to random facts
« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2012, 05:18:50 PM »
What is everyone's opinion of Sonia Kruger as the new host?

French

« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2012, 06:19:52 PM »
To me, nothing. She's "good" for what we saw.

I love her clothes, that's it  O0
A little less makeup she would be perfect.

Offline JohnBigOz

• Blogger
  • Runner-up
« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2012, 08:06:44 PM »
I think a good host needs to convince the viewer that what they are saying is "made up". Like Davina actually had that ability, most of the things she said sounded like there was no script/teleprompter, Brian, on the other hand, lacks that ability, and it clearly looks like he just reading stuff of the script/teleprompter.

Thankfully, Sonia does remind me slightly of Davina, she has emotion, and she seems to connect with the show, and shows genuine interest in hosting it.

French

« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2012, 09:38:05 PM »
I didn't feel her invested in the first days. I think during the little itv with Benjamin, she was.

I will see on Monday, to really judge :)
But I'm glad she's always smiling!

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #133 on: August 18, 2012, 03:42:56 PM »
please answer: Is the host related to Elle MacPherson? I am also watching Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model right now and can't get over the fact that they really look so much alike!

Offline JohnBigOz

• Blogger
  • Runner-up
« Reply #134 on: August 18, 2012, 10:58:27 PM »
please answer: Is the host related to Elle MacPherson? I am also watching Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model right now and can't get over the fact that they really look so much alike!

Elle Macpherson (born 29 March 1964) is an Australian businesswoman, television host, model and actress. She is well-known for her record five cover appearances for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue beginning in the 1980s, leading to her nickname "The Body". She is also known as the founder primary model and creative director for a series of business ventures, including Elle Macpherson Intimates, a lingerie line, and The Body, a line of skin care products.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2012, 01:26:29 AM »

No, they're not related. But I do agree they look very much alike. ;D

Offline Markus

• Mole
  • Username: antos
« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2012, 03:43:10 PM »
My favourites so far are Michael, Estelle and Benjamin.

And the female secrets:

1. I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
2. I was a champion weightlifter
3. I am a high school dropout
4. I was a nude protester
5. I used to be an emo
6. I was a hand model
7. I am a member of a Royal Family
Lost a planet Master Obi Wan has. How embarrassing.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2012, 03:48:20 PM »
The women had to guess the male's secrets, and had four lives to pass the task.

Layla guessed Michael has the IQ of a genius, and she was correct.
Sarah guessed Josh had ornithophobia as the result of an emu attack, she was incorrect.
Sarah guessed Ray's secret and was wrong.
Sarah then guessed Bradley's secret, and she was correct.
Estelle guessed Ryan had not had a girlfriend since he was 11, and she was correct.
Stacey guessed Ray was a juvenile offender, she was correct.

Angie guessed George dated more than 100 women, she was incorrect.
Angie guessed Josh dated more than 100 women, she was correct.
Charne then guessed Benjamin was the millionaire, she was incorrect.

Benjamin then revealed he had been fired from every job he ever had, and George revealed he is a millionaire.

So only the females can be nominated today, meaning the first evictee will be a woman.

And the female secrets:

1. I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
2. I was a champion weightlifter
3. I am a high school dropout
4. I was a nude protester
5. I used to be an emo
6. I was a hand model
7. I am a member of a Royal Family

The boys now have to work out the female secrets. Again, the press have discovered a few secrets - Sarah was a nude protester and Layla is a member of a royal family. The Parlour is now The Man Cave, and the same rules apply as before.

Offline JohnBigOz

• Blogger
  • Runner-up
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2012, 04:30:19 PM »
Do you guys think that the British gal is the one related to Royal Family?

Offline Depths of Bloomfield

• Big Brother
  • Username: Beatriz_Trapote
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2012, 04:46:19 PM »
Ranking:

1. Estelle: For me is a big character, I like her stories in the house with Angie, Bradley and Ryan! Bradley likes her, she likes Ryan, Ryan likes her, and she slept with Ryan the night of Bradley's birthday party! She's making a good show, and I love her friendship with Angie.
2. Angie: I just like her, I'm not 100% into this but I read in a forum that Angie had a gf some time ago, this can bring a lot of drama if she develops a crush with Estelle or it's just in my imagination (?).
3. Bradley: Another with a good story in the house, he has a crush with Estelle but it didn't seem to be reciprocal... and he is very funny!

4. Zoe: Nothing much about this character, but I think she's cute, and her crush with George can bring drama!
5. Charne: I disliked her the first days, though I don't like her 100%, I feel sorry for her for being so alone in the house, hoping she'll reveals against everybody.
6. Ryan: I have a Love-Hate feeling about him, but I like his story with Estelle, so bring it on!
7. Stacey: I dislike her a little bit since day 1, but her bitchiness can be necessary in the future.
8. Josh: He is likeable!
9. Layla: She was in my TOP4 the first day, pretty much like Stacey's, I wanna her to be a bitch, not a bore whore.
10. Ray: Annoying, VERY annoying, but it's to early for him to go.
11. Benjamin: I don't like him.
12. George: Same as Benjamin, at least he can make something with Zoe (?).
13. Sarah: I don't really care much about her.
14. Michael: No, he doesn't make me laugh, and what have you have to say about Charne's pin-up style? Have you seen yourself?

Offline joako

• Administrator
  • Big Brother
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2012, 04:48:09 PM »
That is what the press say about her: http://www.behindbigbrother.com/2012/08/layla-is-related-to-royalty/

Offline JohnBigOz

• Blogger
  • Runner-up
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2012, 04:50:58 PM »
That is what the press say about her: http://www.behindbigbrother.com/2012/08/layla-is-related-to-royalty/

OMG, Polish ancestry!? LOVE IT

French

« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2012, 04:51:13 PM »
Ranking:

1. Estelle: For me is a big character, I like her stories in the house with Angie, Bradley and Ryan! Bradley likes her, she likes Ryan, Ryan likes her, and she slept with Ryan the night of Bradley's birthday party! She's making a good show, and I love her friendship with Angie.
2. Angie: I just like her, I'm not 100% into this but I read in a forum that Angie had a gf some time ago, this can bring a lot of drama if she develops a crush with Estelle or it's just in my imagination (?).
3. Bradley: Another with a good story in the house, he has a crush with Estelle but it didn't seem to be reciprocal... and he is very funny!

4. Zoe: Nothing much about this character, but I think she's cute, and her crush with George can bring drama!
5. Charne: I disliked her the first days, though I don't like her 100%, I feel sorry for her for being so alone in the house, hoping she'll reveals against everybody.
6. Ryan: I have a Love-Hate feeling about him, but I like his story with Estelle, so bring it on!
7. Stacey: I dislike her a little bit since day 1, but her bitchiness can be necessary in the future.
9. Layla: She was in my TOP4 the first day, pretty much like Stacey's, I wanna her to be a bitch, not a bore whore.
14. Michael: No, he doesn't make me laugh, and what have you have to say about Charne's pin-up style? Have you seen yourself?

We have the same favorite! ESTELLA <3

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2012, 05:42:48 PM »
Ranking:

We have the same favorite! ESTELLA <3

Estelle is my least favourite, I can't like her simply because she hates gay people.

http://www.skateboard.com.au/forum/profile.cfm?id=11472

French

« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2012, 06:27:30 PM »
I don't think she's serious when she said that. It's just a way to show she loves telling bad things and that she doesn't care of consequences.

Or maybe she really hates gay. That'd surprise me. But after all I don't know her... so... :)

Offline Depths of Bloomfield

• Big Brother
  • Username: Beatriz_Trapote
« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2012, 08:01:19 PM »
About Estelle, it can be three things:

1. She hates gay people for real
2. I read in a forum this could be an error and that she meant that she hate people calling other gay, because she said in the launch (I don't remember if she said it or not, I have to watch it again) that she hates homophobic people.
3. She just likes controversy as she said in an interview " I like controversy on my status updates or otherwise I don’t speak. Justified controversy. So people talk."

French

« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2012, 08:33:52 PM »

2. I read in a forum this could be an error and that she meant that she hate people calling other gay, because she said in the launch (I don't remember if she said it or not, I have to watch it again) that she hates homophobic people.
3. She just likes controversy as she said in an interview " I like controversy on my status updates or otherwise I don’t speak. Justified controversy. So people talk."

The second thing is pretty possible, i think i've heard it in her presentation video!! And the 3rd too! She is rebellious, she hates rules, she is unconventional. (sorry, france here ^_^)

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: jakiki
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2012, 09:23:08 PM »

The second thing is pretty possible, i think i've heard it in her presentation video!! And the 3rd too! She is rebellious, she hates rules, she is unconventional. (sorry, france here ^_^)

Yes, she said that on the launch. I guess she was just ironic or wanting people to react but I doubt it's true considering she said she hates racism, cruelity towards animals and homophobia!

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
« Reply #148 on: August 19, 2012, 10:10:06 PM »
Ranking:

I've watched all week but barely know the lot, but completely agree about Michael.  Can't stand his fake comedy and the way he dismissed Ryan the other night really annoyed me - obviously feels superior to it all with his IQ.

He's also one of the people really being pushed to win it by Channel 9 (along with Bradley), so that adds to my hatred too.

Offline Danny

• Big Brother
  • Username: UltimateBigBrotherFan96
  • Peasants.
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2012, 03:15:15 AM »
I hope that was a typo/error and that estelle really doesn't hate gay people... She did say in the launch that she hates homophobes, people who abuse animals, etc... But if she really does hate gay people, then I will take offense to that and NOT support her...