Author Topic: What new countries should start a Big Brother?  (Read 13768 times)

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: jakiki
Re: What new countries should start a Big Brother?
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2013, 04:17:27 PM »
Wow I'd like to follow that show. What was the language spoken in the house? 'Cause each of these countries have different languages.

Like I said they all knew how to speak french, so the language was french (sometimes they did spoke a few words of their language but that's all). But overall it wasn't so much about the housemates lol. It was more about the celebrity guests sadly, cause how they interacted with each other was much more interesting.

Offline JustinBieberDingus

• Big Brother
  • Username: Trevor
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2016, 03:31:29 PM »
Given that Panama now has a new BB, we should guess if another country will get a BB series.

1. I'll say South Korea.

Is there any reason SK or Japan haven't had a BB series? Japan would have to have really good competitions.

Offline keitaro urashima

• Mole
  • Username: MonAcosta
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2016, 05:34:42 PM »
Japan is too insular to adapt BB. While they had Survivor, I dont think they will ever go onboard with the BB bandwagon. Even singing reality shows did not get their Japanese versions.

South Korea would be more open in adapting BB. They have theur own versions of some popular reality shows already 

Offline keitaro urashima

• Mole
  • Username: MonAcosta
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2016, 05:47:50 PM »
BB Asia with North, East, Southeast and South Asian countries participating. Asia's Next Top Model is pretty successful. There is also Masterchef Asia and Asia Got Talent.

There had been very interesting characters from AsNTM. Contestants from the Philippines, Indonesia, and Malaysia are always the catty ones. HongKong traditionally produces bratty personalities that the group isolate and bully. South Koreans are always sweet.

We can also add Australia and New Zealand contestants in the mix. Star World has produced a lot of reality shows that are pan-Asian + 2.