Author Topic: Pinoy Big Brother Season 5  (Read 79663 times)

Offline Logan

• All Star
  • Username: UltimateBigBrotherFan
Re: Pinoy Big Brother Season 5
« Reply #325 on: May 02, 2014, 11:24:43 PM »

The batch is so boring because the mix is, ironically, very homogenous. The pbb staff went out their way to look for teens, adults and celebrities only to defeat the premise of a diverse group in one house by choosing those with identical  personalities. It is not too late for pbb to bring in the all stars to salvage this season.
[/quote]

True. This batch is boring...Lack of Diversity of the housemates  :(

Offline keitaro urashima

• Mole
  • Username: MonAcosta
« Reply #326 on: May 03, 2014, 12:07:56 AM »
This is rapidly becoming the worst season ever. At least pbb unlimited had memorable hms like wendy, kigoy, divine and bidel. This season, i can replace half of the hm and i wouldnt notice anything at all. every single one of them is a wallflower.

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • Username: marie44
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #327 on: May 03, 2014, 04:14:57 AM »
Quote from: Mon
Quote from: marieQuote from: MonIs it true that Jayme is holding Bible Study inside the house? I read in the other forum that she's been reading the Bible to the other HMs.If I were in the house, I would've punched her already  LOL that's too much! I wish Muslim Wendy was in the house!

Quote from: Mon@marie, I also love your sig. both of them.Head Bitch in Charge Kristin <3

Shut up! I didn't know Janice's mom was filipino!!!!! Katerina and Janice would've been entertaining <3

These batch is kinda boring sans Alex as expected
Yes! Janice is a Filipina, she mentioned it in her preshow interview.

The batch is so boring because the mix is, ironically, very homogenous. The pbb staff went out their way to look for teens, adults and celebrities only to defeat the premise of a diverse group in one house by choosing those with identical  personalities. It is not too late for pbb to bring in the all stars to salvage this season.

I missed that! Gosh why couldn't they have gotten Janice and throw Tia in to the mix for an international housemate ;D

I agree there's no standout, almost everyone has the same personality and all of them are geared to be celebrities.... The only one I'm holding out hope for creating drama is Aina and Cess, they're the only ones who could potentially bring in arguments!

Alex makes it fun, but her alone wouldn't be enough to carry this season!

And I'm pretty sure a new batch of housemates will come in next weekend (they'd better come in) because PBB is being slammed in all directions!

There's no Wendy, Deniesse, Divine who all had such strong personalities..... Evreyone sans Alex this season is weak.... I hope Aina steps up and I will root for her to win ;D
SWEET AUSTRALIAN PRINCE

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #328 on: May 03, 2014, 04:15:41 AM »
Quote from: Logan

True. This batch is boring...Lack of Diversity of the housemates  [/quote]
0 Diversity, but 18 of them are geared to be celebrities ::) ;D
SWEET AUSTRALIAN PRINCE

Offline keitaro urashima

• Mole
« Reply #329 on: May 03, 2014, 06:28:07 AM »
Quote from: marie
Quote from: 'Logan"
Quote from: Logan

True. This batch is boring...Lack of Diversity of the housemates 

0 Diversity, but 18 of them are geared to be celebrities
IKR, like I don't care if they wanted to use PBB as a platform to find talents/actors but they seriously sabotaged themselves in overdoing it.

Almost all of them are wannabe singers/actors. I also understand why many PBB fans who auditioned feel so betrayed that most of the chosen HMs were handpicked. They shouldn't have pushed for so many auditions if they were planning to do this in the first place.

This season is a let down for so many reasons.

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • I only support vaginas!
« Reply #330 on: May 03, 2014, 06:29:06 AM »
When will take place the first nominations? I hate when they do 345763452678 twists... ::) ::)

Offline keitaro urashima

• Mole
« Reply #331 on: May 03, 2014, 06:43:04 AM »
Quote from: MonQuote from: marieQuote from: MonIs it true that Jayme is holding Bible Study inside the house? I read in the other forum that she's been reading the Bible to the other HMs.If I were in the house, I would've punched her already LOL that's too much! I wish Muslim Wendy was in the house!

Quote from: Mon@marie, I also love your sig. both of them.Head Bitch in Charge Kristin <3

Shut up! I didn't know Janice's mom was filipino!!!!! Katerina and Janice would've been entertaining <3

I missed that! Gosh why couldn't they have gotten Janice and throw Tia in to the mix for an international housemate

I agree there's no standout, almost everyone has the same personality and all of them are geared to be celebrities.... The only one I'm holding out hope for creating drama is Aina and Cess, they're the only ones who could potentially bring in arguments!

And I'm pretty sure a new batch of housemates will come in next weekend (they'd better come in) because PBB is being slammed in all directions!

There's no Wendy, Deniesse, Divine who all had such strong personalities..... Evreyone sans Alex this season is weak.... I hope Aina steps up and I will root for her to win
That's why they are milking Alex of all the entertainment juices she can provide.

They spent 20 minutes of the show last night on her confessional alone. Worse, they showed Toni crying over it.

I know the two sisters are sincere with their emotions, but seriously, it's getting a bit too self-serving already.

Aina and Princess both hold the promise for this show. I just wish they don't get too so conscious with the public's opinion. Maybe a new HM could help to flip on their switches.

PS Princess has a Joya vibe.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 06:49:10 AM by Mon »

Offline keitaro urashima

• Mole
« Reply #332 on: May 03, 2014, 06:45:26 AM »
Quote from: André
When will take place the first nominations? I hate when they do 345763452678 twists...
They have not announced yet.

I expect multiple weird twists this season as the HMs themselves cannot keep the show afloat. The twists are needed to keep the people interested.

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • I only support vaginas!
« Reply #333 on: May 03, 2014, 06:48:33 AM »
When will take place the first nominations? I hate when they do 345763452678 twists...
They have not announced yet.

I expect multiple weird twists this season as the HMs themselves cannot keep the show afloat. The twists are needed to keep the people interested.

Thanks! But we don't want that much twists...

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #334 on: May 03, 2014, 06:51:03 AM »
Quote from: Mon on Today at 06:45:26 AMQuote from: AndréWhen will take place the first nominations? I hate when they do 345763452678 twists... They have not announced yet.

Expect 345763452678 + 1 twists this season ;D considering they got boring people they need that much twists to make it entertaining ;D
SWEET AUSTRALIAN PRINCE

Offline keitaro urashima

• Mole
« Reply #335 on: May 03, 2014, 06:53:16 AM »
Quote from: Mon on Today at 06:45:26 AMQuote from: AndréWhen will take place the first nominations? I hate when they do 345763452678 twists... They have not announced yet.

Expect 345763452678 + 1 twists this season ;D considering they got boring people they need that much twists to make it entertaining ;D

They didn't have so much twists in PBB Teen 4 because the HMs were entertaining. But in seasons like PBB 5 and PBB Celeb 2, twists are essential to make it seem like stuff are happening inside the house. The twists mask the lousy interactions of HMs.

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #336 on: May 03, 2014, 06:54:20 AM »
Quote from: marieQuote from: MonQuote from: marieQuote from: MonIs it true that Jayme is holding Bible Study inside the house? I read in the other forum that she's been reading the Bible to the other HMs.If I were in the house, I would've punched her already LOL that's too much! I wish Muslim Wendy was in the house!

I missed that! Gosh why couldn't they have gotten Janice and throw Tia in to the mix for an international housemate

There's no Wendy, Deniesse, Divine who all had such strong personalities..... Evreyone sans Alex this season is weak.... I hope Aina steps up and I will root for her to win That's why they are milking Alex of all the entertainment juices she can provide.

They spent 20 minutes of the show last night on her confessional alone. Worse, they showed Toni crying over it.

I know the two sisters are sincere with their emotions, but seriously, it's getting a bit too self-serving already.

Aina and Princess both hold the promise for this show. I just wish they don't get too so conscious with the public's opinion. Maybe a new HM could help to flip on their switches.

Alex is the most interesting housemate they have, they should give her the prize right now for not being boring ;D I understand why they would milk it ;D

Yeah Cess totally has a Joya vibe! Aina has the most potential in my opinion, in time she will forget the cameras are there and bring the dramz ;D

I know Michelle IRL, I know she has a strong personality, maybe in time, it will show, she's a nice girl too!
SWEET AUSTRALIAN PRINCE

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #337 on: May 03, 2014, 06:55:48 AM »
and one more thing, WHERE ARE THE BISAYAS?!?! They're some of the most entertaining housemates ;D

Can we just let Beauty of PBBT 2 enter again? ;D
SWEET AUSTRALIAN PRINCE

Offline keitaro urashima

• Mole
« Reply #338 on: May 03, 2014, 07:17:39 AM »
and one more thing, WHERE ARE THE BISAYAS?!?! They're some of the most entertaining housemates ;D

Can we just let Beauty of PBBT 2 enter again? ;D

The Bisayas are the most popular HMs so far. majority of the winners are either from the Visayas or are Visayan speakers - Nene, Keanna, Kim, Ruben, Melai, Slater, and Myrtle. The most memorable ones are Visayans too.

Tia and Katarina are friends now, I know Katja had been posting pics sleeping over at Tia's place in Bangkok. However, I like to imagine Tia arguing with someone in PBB and then she just randomly quips, "Yeah, you're a Filipina slut." THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN SO AWESOME

Would be great if Nicole is in PBB too. Her house rules are legendary. She'll do wonders bitching and crying and being know-it-all and being holier than-though at everyone in the house. 

Offline keitaro urashima

• Mole
« Reply #339 on: May 03, 2014, 07:25:13 AM »
Live show ongoing

Offline keitaro urashima

• Mole
« Reply #340 on: May 03, 2014, 07:26:02 AM »
Result of weekly task to be announced. 

Offline keitaro urashima

• Mole
« Reply #341 on: May 03, 2014, 07:36:39 AM »
The HMs are reluctant to cross Alex.

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #342 on: May 03, 2014, 07:45:38 AM »
The HMs are reluctant to cross Alex.
WEAK hahahaha!
SWEET AUSTRALIAN PRINCE

Offline keitaro urashima

• Mole
« Reply #343 on: May 03, 2014, 08:00:36 AM »
Quote from: MonThe HMs are reluctant to cross Alex.
WEAK hahahaha!
would have been so exciting if Aina slapped alex for taking her spotlight in the dance challenge. LOLz

Offline keitaro urashima

• Mole
« Reply #344 on: May 03, 2014, 09:23:55 AM »
the public is given the power to Vote to Nominate

Offline keitaro urashima

• Mole
« Reply #345 on: May 03, 2014, 10:39:46 AM »
Quote from: MonQuote from: marieQuote from: MonQuote from: marieQuote from: MonIs it true that Jayme is holding Bible Study inside the house? I read in the other forum that she's been reading the Bible to the other HMs.If I were in the house, I would've punched her already LOL that's too much! I wish Muslim Wendy was in the house!

There's no Wendy, Deniesse, Divine who all had such strong personalities..... Evreyone sans Alex this season is weak.... I hope Aina steps up and I will root for her to win That's why they are milking Alex of all the entertainment juices she can provide.

Alex is the most interesting housemate they have, they should give her the prize right now for not being boring I understand why they would milk it

Yeah Cess totally has a Joya vibe! Aina has the most potential in my opinion, in time she will forget the cameras are there and bring the dramz

I know Michelle IRL, I know she has a strong personality, maybe in time, it will show, she's a nice girl too!
I agree with Michelle, she just needs time to brew. Chevin is rapidly imbibing the Slater young-Passive-aggressive fakeness.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 06:14:05 PM by Mon »

Offline dyegoo

• Secret Housemate
« Reply #346 on: May 03, 2014, 03:41:09 PM »
I dont understand this vote to nominate thing. If the public votes to nominate someone, wont that same person be evicted anyways?  :??

Offline Mike

• Finalist
  • Username: BB4Lyfe
« Reply #347 on: May 03, 2014, 04:25:32 PM »
I dont think it was mentioned here, but is it true Alex is only a houseguest?

Offline carlex

• Blogger
  • Ultimate Housemate
  • Live to the Fullest. (--,)
« Reply #348 on: May 04, 2014, 01:17:26 AM »
Day 6 Recap

This was a live show with four important big announcements which we will go through along in this recap.

Trailer for this episode:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA2m1FLarzE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA2m1FLarzE</a>

BB gave another task as part of their weekly task. They have to take a bath but not using the water from shower. While doing so, Chevin got a bit annoyed with Michelle's way of handling the task. According to him, she's too over reacting and too bossy for them. Everyone is just enjoying the task and doing fine but she insisted to make it more a little too complicated because of her attitude. Michelle on the other hand told BB that she wanted all the tasks to be perfect as much as possible.
In the end, unfortunately, they were unsuccessful because Mariz and Alex used the shower.

Next task was Aina, being asssigned as the leader to come up with a new dance routine for the show's theme song. Additional to this, each must have an equal share of steps/choreo for the overall dance while on a platform/stage. While they were doing this task, Michelle got pissed off because of people who were giving their opinions only distracting Aina as their leader. Aina also told BB that it was uneasy dictating to the housemates when everyone tries to inject his/her own suggestion.
The dance was performed live.

The announcement of the result of the weekly task was also held live. Just to have a short reviewe; this weekly task has 2 parts.
Part 1: The housemates have to divide their time among themselves equally in doing household chores, food, and shower time, among other activities. They are only allowed to commit five mistakes. A five-piece pie will be shown in the living room's LED monitor, wherein a piece of pie will be removed from the monitor for every mistake made.
Part 2: Unknown to all other housemates, Big Brother instructed Fourth and Fifth to look for other housemates who, just like them, are also said to be siblings. This task comprises 50% of the entire weekly task. If they failed to discover which housemates are siblings, the entire group will receive no budget for their groceries in the following week.

For the first part, a single piece of pie was left indicating they were successful for this. Their joy was shorlived when BB revealed the second part of the task. Fourth and Fifth were called in front to tell who do they think are the other siblings. They chose Mariz and Jayme.
Since we already know that there are no indeed other siblings than the twins, their weekly task is a big epic fail. LOL.. I love how they are doomed for their first week. It can lower their morale and can be an interesting reason for arguments and fights..  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D

The New Power:

The public has now the Power to Nominate One housemate. This housemate will be called "Nominado ng Bayan", or Public's Nominee. The status either this housemate will be revealed to the house as the public's nominee or not is yet to know. For me, they should tell the house or Toni should announce that nominee.. I love the moment when Toni will say, "Housemate X, you are the public's nominee. ".. and eventually, that housemate will defintely feel rejections and that she's hated outside the house. LOL..  >:D  >:D

Alex's Status:

Alex is this season's Celebrity Houseguest. Like Mariel on Celebrity Edition 2, the housemates will not know her real status. They will remain to think that Alex is an official housemate. In order to get out of the house, Alex must be able to successfully execute several special tasks from BB. The first one is that she will have her own talk show inside the house. She was given a michrophone for this and all the details will be told on the following days.

That's for today and Have a nice day everyone! :D

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #349 on: May 04, 2014, 02:51:15 AM »
Quote from: carlex
Alex's Status:

Alex is this season's Celebrity Houseguest. Like Mariel on Celebrity Edition 2, the housemates will not know her real status. They will remain to think that Alex is an official housemate. In order to get out of the house, Alex must be able to successfully execute several special tasks from BB. The first one is that she will have her own talk show inside the house. She was given a michrophone for this and all the details will be told on the following days.

That's for today and Have a nice day everyone!

They will only allow Alex out of the house if the other housemates stop being boring ;D Now I'm even more sure that a 2nd batch of housemates will enter!
SWEET AUSTRALIAN PRINCE