Author Topic: Big Brother 8 Africa  (Read 22565 times)

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
Big Brother 8 Africa
« on: December 18, 2012, 10:13:31 AM »

8th season confirmed today!
Call for entries in mid-January 2013.

http://bigbrotherafrica.dstv.com/News/14014/YesNewBigBrotherAfricaseasonconfirmed.html

;D

Offline joako

• Admin
  • Big Brother
Re: Big Brother 8 Africa
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 11:11:24 AM »
Great news!!! ;D

I'm definitely a huge fan of Big Brother in Africa ;D

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • I only support vaginas!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 12:01:23 PM »
Yes, is good news! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jøsêttö
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 12:12:38 PM »
Last season was awful.

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 01:11:13 PM »
Last season was awful.

True. Let's hope they learn from last season's mistakes. They need less housemates with big characters. Less is more. And ditch the stupid 2 houses thing that they've had since season 5. It's boring now. They should build extra rooms with that space. Like a HOH room from USA. Use the nomination point system from the AU.

Offline joako

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 01:22:28 PM »
Last season was awful.

True. Let's hope they learn from last season's mistakes. They need less housemates with big characters. Less is more. And ditch the stupid 2 houses thing that they've had since season 5. It's boring now. They should build extra rooms with that space. Like a HOH room from USA. Use the nomination point system from the AU.
I don't think last season was awful, it wasn't the best one, but I enjoyed watching it. There were many interesting housemates

And I totally agree with you about the 2 houses, let's hope we will have only 1 house next year, we really need it. And please no more than 14 housemates on the launch!!

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 01:33:18 PM »
I don't think last season was awful, it wasn't the best one, but I enjoyed watching it. There were many interesting housemates

And I totally agree with you about the 2 houses, let's hope we will have only 1 house next year, we really need it. And please no more than 14 housemates on the launch!!

There were A LOT of interesting characters but there were just too many people in Downville for the viewer to get to know each one personally before they got evicted in threes or fours. It was just too rushed. And what made the season really bad was the random nominations thing. That was SO stupid. cos Big Brother is about strategising and bitching about people in the diary room, but we never got to see that cos a machine decided who was nominated

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 01:54:52 PM »

There were A LOT of interesting characters but there were just too many people in Downville for the viewer to get to know each one personally before they got evicted in threes or fours. It was just too rushed. And what made the season really bad was the random nominations thing. That was SO stupid. cos Big Brother is about strategising and bitching about people in the diary room, but we never got to see that cos a machine decided who was nominated

I think that too, were a LOT of Housemates!

Offline joako

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 02:14:36 PM »
Yeah, I didn't remember the random nominations, that was definitely one of the worst twist ever.

And I agree with you about Downville, there were so many housemates who it's really hard to remember, that is why I really hope they will put only 14 housemates this season

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: jakiki
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 04:43:57 PM »
Yeah, I didn't remember the random nominations, that was definitely one of the worst twist ever.

And I agree with you about Downville, there were so many housemates who it's really hard to remember, that is why I really hope they will put only 14 housemates this season

I agree. And since they go for a "theme series" every time, let's hope they choose something like "Back to basics"!

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 11:47:40 AM »

Call for entries now on.
The show begins on Sunday 26 May 2013 and is scheduled to run for 91 days.

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 12:01:58 PM »

Call for entries now on.
The show begins on Sunday 26 May 2013 and is scheduled to run for 91 days.

I WANT A SEASON WITHOUT A LOT OF HOUSEMATES!!

Offline Rod

• Big Brother
  • Username: Rodd
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 12:57:09 PM »
André revolted <3

Offline joako

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 07:33:32 PM »
Ethiopia will be back this year and Liberia is out :-\

Source: http://bigbrotherafrica.dstv.com/HowToEnter.aspx

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 03:10:07 PM »
Call for entries close today and I just finished filling out my application form!
There were a lot of questions about romance, love, affairs, celebrity crushes so I have a feeling that this season's gonna be "LOVE" themed somehow. A coincidence with entries closing on Valentine's Day?!  >:(

Offline joako

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 03:11:35 PM »
Call for entries close today and I just finished filling out my application form!
There were a lot of questions about romance, love, affairs, celebrity crushes so I have a feeling that this season's gonna be "LOVE" themed somehow. A coincidence with entries closing on Valentine's Day?!  >:(
Good luck!!! :)

And I hope they didn't decide to put a couple per country this season. I don't want to see 28 housemates on the first night again!

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 03:22:19 PM »

Good luck, I will LOVE to see you in the house! ;D
If that happens, that will be the first time that a forum member will enter on BB!

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 03:22:39 PM »
@robza : Break A Leggggg!! :D

Last years, they weren't asking questions about love etc.. ? :)
I think they want to select different profiles who can fall in love, like they did in SS5 (with Juliette and Simon)

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 01:31:53 AM »
Thanks guys!!

Last year, there wasn't the same questions as this year because people had to enter in couples. But I have a feeling it's going to have a love theme of some nature because there were questions like - What is your idea of a romantic date?, explain your biggest love affair. Also I had to tick boxes that describe myself when it comes to love and then it showed a list of qualities and situations in relationships.

Maybe this season will be called Big Brother: Love Match ?   ^-^

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 09:48:35 AM »
That could be interesting :)

I hope you'll be accepted in BBA8 :)

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2013, 09:24:33 AM »
imagine if we would have three user becoming contestants on their respective BBs since Dan wants to apply for BB US and Bea for GH :D

Offline Depths of Bloomfield

• Big Brother
  • Username: Beatriz_Trapote
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2013, 10:16:26 AM »
imagine if we would have three user becoming contestants on their respective BBs since Dan wants to apply for BB US and Bea for GH :D

I'm not thinking to apply in GH anymore, I think I prefer to stay as a fan. I don't want to end as many of them without a job and don't taking them seriously lol

Thanks guys!!

Last year, there wasn't the same questions as this year because people had to enter in couples. But I have a feeling it's going to have a love theme of some nature because there were questions like - What is your idea of a romantic date?, explain your biggest love affair. Also I had to tick boxes that describe myself when it comes to love and then it showed a list of qualities and situations in relationships.

Maybe this season will be called Big Brother: Love Match ?   ^-^

This reminds me a reality show in Spain called "La Casa de tu vida" that was the same of Gran Hermano but all the housemates had to enter with their couples.

Offline paranvoi

• Housemate
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 04:04:45 PM »
Ethiopia will be back this year and Liberia is out :-\

Such a shame to hear Liberia won't be participating this year! It's my favourite African country.

I too am hoping for much less housemates this year, as well as a single house. I've never actually followed BB Africa before, so I guess it's not my place to say that, but still.. I do like to get to know housemates, and if you complicate things by having a ton of housemates split up over 2 houses, it makes getting to know them needlessly difficult. :P

Is BB Africa usually vote to evict or vote to save?

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2013, 05:36:48 PM »
Quote from: paranvoi
Quote from: joako on 23-01-2013, 01:33:32Ethiopia will be back this year and Liberia is out

Such a shame to hear Liberia won't be participating this year! It's my favourite African country.

I too am hoping for much less housemates this year, as well as a single house. I've never actually followed BB Africa before, so I guess it's not my place to say that, but still.. I do like to get to know housemates, and if you complicate things by having a ton of housemates split up over 2 houses, it makes getting to know them needlessly difficult.

Each country has 1 vote to save.

Offline paranvoi

• Housemate
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 12:56:29 AM »
Quote from: paranvoi
Quote from: joako on 23-01-2013, 01:33:32Ethiopia will be back this year and Liberia is out

I too am hoping for much less housemates this year, as well as a single house. I've never actually followed BB Africa before, so I guess it's not my place to say that, but still.. I do like to get to know housemates, and if you complicate things by having a ton of housemates split up over 2 houses, it makes getting to know them needlessly difficult.

Each country has 1 vote to save.

What does that mean? Do viewers not vote to save?