Author Topic: Big Brother 8 Africa  (Read 22098 times)

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
Re: Big Brother 8 Africa
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 03:13:07 AM »
Quote from: paranvoi
Quote from: OmgItsPhil on Yesterday at 05:36:48 PMQuote from: paranvoiQuote from: joako on 23-01-2013, 01:33:32Ethiopia will be back this year and Liberia is out

Source: http://bigbrotherafrica.dstv.com/HowToEnter.aspx
Such a shame to hear Liberia won't be participating this year! It's my favourite African country.

I too am hoping for much less housemates this year, as well as a single house. I've never actually followed BB Africa before, so I guess it's not my place to say that, but still.. I do like to get to know housemates, and if you complicate things by having a ton of housemates split up over 2 houses, it makes getting to know them needlessly difficult.

Is BB Africa usually vote to evict or vote to save?Each country has 1 vote to save.
What does that mean? Do viewers not vote to save?
Yes but in order to guarantee that viewers from each country have the same impact on the game (because some countries are much bigger than others) the vote for every country is internally tallied and the person with the most votes gets one point. Its a bit like Eurovision Style. In most cases a contestant gets the vote from his/her respective country when he/she is up for eviction.

Offline paranvoi

• Housemate
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2013, 09:23:21 AM »
Quote from: paranvoi
Quote from: OmgItsPhil on Yesterday at 05:36:48 PMQuote from: paranvoiQuote from: joako on 23-01-2013, 01:33:32Ethiopia will be back this year and Liberia is out

Source: http://bigbrotherafrica.dstv.com/HowToEnter.aspx
Such a shame to hear Liberia won't be participating this year! It's my favourite African country.

I too am hoping for much less housemates this year, as well as a single house. I've never actually followed BB Africa before, so I guess it's not my place to say that, but still.. I do like to get to know housemates, and if you complicate things by having a ton of housemates split up over 2 houses, it makes getting to know them needlessly difficult.

Is BB Africa usually vote to evict or vote to save?Each country has 1 vote to save.
What does that mean? Do viewers not vote to save?
Yes but in order to guarantee that viewers from each country have the same impact on the game (because some countries are much bigger than others) the vote for every country is internally tallied and the person with the most votes gets one point. Its a bit like Eurovision Style. In most cases a contestant gets the vote from his/her respective country when he/she is up for eviction.

Oh, that's an interesting way of doing things. Thanks!

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 04:16:03 PM »
Have they changed to save - doesn't really make sense as surely viewers are likely to save their own representative.

It used to be evict and it's quite simple really.   Viewers in each country vote for which of the three or more nominees they want evicted, and the housemate with the most votes becomes that countries vote, while I think there is also an additional vote combining the votes of all countries not represented by a housemate (which I think also acts as the tie breaker).   It is then revealed whom each country has evicted and whoever has the most votes goes.  

Presumably with a vote to save either each country reveals who has the most votes and whoever has the lowest overall goes, or more likely each country reveals who received the least votes (so who they vote to evict), and then the one who finishes with the least votes in most countries leaves.

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2013, 11:44:37 AM »
Apparently Makosi from BBUK has auditioned to enter as the Zimbabwean representative in Big Brother Africa this year! If she get's in, it will definitely be a world first and of course AMAZING to watch!  ???  >:D

http://www.newzimbabwe.com/showbiz-10615-Makosi+auditions+for+Big+Brother+Africa/showbiz.aspx

Offline joako

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2013, 03:17:45 PM »
Apparently Makosi from BBUK has auditioned to enter as the Zimbabwean representative in Big Brother Africa this year! If she get's in, it will definitely be a world first and of course AMAZING to watch!  ???  >:D

http://www.newzimbabwe.com/showbiz-10615-Makosi+auditions+for+Big+Brother+Africa/showbiz.aspx
:o :o :o

Is she living in Zimbabwe now?

TBH, I don't know if I would like to see her in the Africa house, I think the African seasons are different from the English seasons  :-\ , and we don't need her here

BTW, I don't think it'll be a world first. Sava from Germany was a contestant in Serbia a few years later, also Daniela Martins & Daniel Mkongo competed in 2 different countries

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2013, 03:34:49 PM »
I read that she was deported from the UK so maybe she is living in Zimbabwe or just auditioning cos she has a Zimbabwean passport?
I wasn't aware of all those other housemates in various BB's around the world, but I still think Makosi could add some scandal to BB this year. Her being different is what stood out in BBUK and made her a favorite. She should fit right in with the best on BBAfrica. Think Meryl mixed with Tawana and a little of Tatiana - that's Makosi!  :laugh:

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2013, 10:57:25 PM »
It's rumoured that there will be 2 housemates selected from each country. So 28 housemates again this year  :-[  ::)

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2013, 06:00:58 AM »

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • I only support vaginas!
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2013, 09:16:08 AM »

28 housemates, 14 African countries
16 days to go!

I like the logo! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I hope that aren't so much housemates in the launch! If 2 of each country enter, they'll be 28! :o :o :o

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2013, 06:28:22 AM »
Oh, so it looks like it's a couples series and not a series featuring the Beast, the Dark Destroyer and the Governess!

Hopefully with a ridiculous 28 HMs then they do have them play as pairs - should be easier to follow if they do that most of the season as it is easier to watch 14 pairs rather than 28 individuals.

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2013, 12:29:00 PM »
If the producers haven't thought of a new solution to getting out 28 housemates in 91 days this season, then they are probably going to have two houses AGAIN; 14 HMs in each and evict 1 from each house each week. Its called 'the Chase' so maybe they'll have the two houses directly competing against each other. Also know that we get to watch live action from the house 24/7 on 2 TV channels so the possibility of 2 houses is higher.  ::)

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • I only support vaginas!
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2013, 12:33:20 PM »
If the producers haven't thought of a new solution to getting out 28 housemates in 91 days this season, then they are probably going to have two houses AGAIN; 14 HMs in each and evict 1 from each house each week. Its called 'the Chase' so maybe they'll have the two houses directly competing against each other. Also know that we get to watch live action from the house 24/7 on 2 TV channels so the possibility of 2 houses is higher.  ::)

Two houses again... :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2013, 03:18:46 PM »
From the link above:
28 housemates from 14 countries will not only be chasing after the 300 000 USD cash prize but the chance of becoming a household name and perhaps even finding romance.

Launching on Sunday 26 May, Big Brother The Chase will combine electrifying twists and big surprises that will require housemates to use their charm to get ahead, possibly leaving room for cupid’s arrow to connect two hearts or more.
I'd be amazed if it's not a "soul mates" series similar to BB9USA - that is how I'm reading that anyway.

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jøsêttö
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2013, 09:56:24 AM »
Thanks for the news. I will follow the season but only in the forum because I think it'll be to hard to understand this season again :) (and I want to watch SS France + BB UK this summa)

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2013, 12:41:41 PM »
11 days to go!
"Friends will be divided, but nations will be united"

What could this mean? I have a feeling the 2 reps from each country will be split up into two sections (maybe 2 houses) and they'll compete against each other.

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2013, 08:27:09 AM »
7 DAYS TO GO!

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2013, 01:22:16 PM »
So I just tweeted Makosi:

@MAKOSI i know you'll be going in the BBA house! so GOOD LUCK and bring us the same DRAMA as in BBUK! Love you loads!

and she replied:
lol I love you too

followed by a separate tweet:
PRESSURE!!!:-)

I dont obviously know, I was just trying to get some hints out of her and she doesnt seem to be giving anything away. If she wasnt entering the house wouldnt she have us said "No I'm not going in"... Guess we'll wait and see.

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2013, 02:23:43 PM »
Makosi would play along - she's all for self publicity.   Let's hope she's learnt from her mistakes as she'd have won BB6 if she hadn't started playing the viewers too with the whole pregnancy thing.

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2013, 07:27:05 AM »
"In addition to the live screening of the launch show, the good news is that the show will also concurrently be streamed live to audiences across Africa on the Big Brother website, www.bigbrotherafrica.com. All you need to access the live stream is a personal computer and internet connection."

Source: http://bigbrotherafrica.dstv.com/News/14674/PressReleaseAPowerhouseofAfricanArtiststoPerformattheLaunchShow.html

5 DAYS TO GO!

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2013, 12:29:03 PM »
It's rumored that there will be 2 houses called: "Ruby" and "Diamond" with housemates split up 20:8 - similar to last season. Not sure how true, but this could mean that "celebs" would make up the 8.

I'm really hoping this doesn't happen.  :-[

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jøsêttö
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2013, 12:40:54 PM »
Thanks for informing me/us Robza :)
I hope you will make recaps if you are avalaible during the season :)

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2013, 07:43:14 AM »
2 houses CONFIRMED by test website: Diamonds and Rubies. ::)

http://stagingbba.dstv.com/

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2013, 09:40:12 AM »
Sneak Peak house pic:

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2013, 04:27:04 PM »
I know they've had two houses for the last couple of seasons (may be longer) but how exactly have they incorporated that into the game.   Has it been two houses operating independently with both having evictions, and were the two houses in contact with each other or completely separate?    Also I think ultimately in both series they closed a house and moved into one - how late in to the season did that happen?

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2013, 05:22:49 PM »
there have been different twists with the "other" house in the mix since a long time.

-In Season 3 the first two evictees  were fake evicted into another zone called "the dump", it was similiar to the Bedsit twist from BB UK 5 only they couldn't spy the HMs. the two lived there for a week and remained nominated, the public chose one to return to the main house and the other one was evicted for good.
-In Season 4 the "Revolution" started with only male HMs living in the main house for the first week. The girls moved into a secret room where they spied the males (I have no clue about the size or if it was a proper seperate house) and both genders had seperate rounds of nominations first. When they were merged it was a single household from week 3 on.
-In Season 5 (The Allstars Season) they used the same twist as on BB Belgium 4: In the first half of the game ALL of the evictees moved into another secret house and only in the last third (Day 77/91) three evictees re-entered the real house).
-In Season 6 ("Amplfied") a record-breaking 26 HMs moved in the "head house" but in week 2 the "Tails house" was opened where half of the household moved into. They had seperate nominations / evictions until they were again merged on Day 58 (with 16 HMs at that time) and from now on there were only combined nominations / evictions. I have no clue about the interaction between the two houses during the divide.
-A new record was set in Season 7 ("StarGame") where 35 HMs entered on launch night. 28 regular HMs entered the "Downville" house while 7 celebrity HMs were placed into the "Upville" house. First nominations only occured for the "Downville" house. After surviving an eviction, the remaining housemate(s) enter the "Upville" house. On Day 56 the Downville" house was closed and all remaining housemates will live in the "Upville" house.