Author Topic: Big Brother 8 Africa  (Read 22564 times)

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • I only support vaginas!
Re: Big Brother 8 Africa
« Reply #250 on: August 26, 2013, 05:10:36 AM »
I thought either Melvin or Beverly would win, this finale was a surprise for me. :o :o :o

Congrats Namibia for their first gold medal! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I only watched the launch, how was Dillish in the house and why she won?

Joako, Wavefinger or Robza will answer you, I only followed in the nominations, competitions and evictions. :)

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #251 on: August 28, 2013, 09:05:53 AM »
Even though we had live 24/7 channels from each house, I only watched nominations and evictions. The show in Africa is getting boring and uninteresting now. Same format, same shitty tasks, amateur production. I can't wait for Big Brother South Africa - I know their production values are slightly higher than the people who worked on BBA. 

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #252 on: August 28, 2013, 09:47:49 AM »
Quote from: robza171
Even though we had live 24/7 channels from each house, I only watched nominations and evictions. The show in Africa is getting boring and uninteresting now. Same format, same shitty tasks, amateur production. I can't wait for Big Brother South Africa - I know their production values are slightly higher than the people who worked on BBA. 
when will you update your amazing graphic that shows all the winners? :)
and do you know if Jaki's ever coming back? She's missed here. :-[

Offline Depths of Bloomfield

• Big Brother
  • Username: Beatriz_Trapote
« Reply #253 on: August 28, 2013, 09:50:47 AM »
Quote from: robza171
when will you update your amazing graphic that shows all the winners? :)
and do you know if Jaki's ever coming back? She's missed here. :-[

that's BBRazorSkate not Robza lol

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jøsêttö
« Reply #254 on: August 28, 2013, 10:08:21 AM »
Do you have an idea when it's going to start pls ? :)
And is it going to be the UK Format or US Format ? I'm interested to see the season or know about it.

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
« Reply #255 on: August 28, 2013, 02:57:56 PM »
I thought the people who made South African BB went on to make BB Africa.

Offline Logan

• All Star
  • Username: UltimateBigBrotherFan
« Reply #256 on: August 30, 2013, 08:19:49 PM »
congrats Dillish!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #257 on: August 31, 2013, 12:09:02 AM »
Not sure when/if Jaki is coming back. She still has problems accessing the forum for some reason :(

BBSA has been confirmed to start in January 2014.
It's titled Big Brother Mzansi (to be produced and screened by Mzansi Magic - an entertainment channel with content for black viewers) which shows that due to the ever-growing black market in South Africa, the show, possibly like Big Brother Africa will cater to a black audience for the third season = more money. The first two seasons of BB SA was for a white demographic but there are too few in SA and BBSA got cancelled cos of the lack of support.
No idea what format it will follow and if they're going to use the same house BBA's been using.

There are a few people who worked on BBSA who then went on to produce BB Africa. However not everyone. Most of the production work for Africa Magic Entertainment, a channel under DSTV Africa. They provide content for an 'african' audience while DStv South Africa have their own team to produce content for the minority audiences - white, mixed race, indian, etc. It's all still so racial in SA even years after Apartheid.