Author Topic: Housemates who want to erase themselves from Big Brother history  (Read 11290 times)

Offline JustinBieberDingus

• Big Brother
  • Username: Trevor
Re: Housemates who want to erase themselves from Big Brother history
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2013, 04:27:19 PM »
I say remove bios. As far as first names, keep at least that for nomination tables. As far as naked pics, I say delete them because housemates change over the years. What they did when they were younger may not reflect what they would do now.

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: jakiki
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2013, 04:34:02 PM »
I don't think official pictures and bios should be removed. They are on other sites anyway.

Offline joako

• Administrator
  • Big Brother
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2013, 05:15:39 PM »
I agree with some of you about removing their last name and some of their pictures, I would keep only the official ones.
I understand that maybe they were in BB a long time ago (and most of them were really young when they did it) and they wanted to start a new life, and I don't think there must be any problem about leaving only basic information about them

Offline Rod

• Big Brother
  • Username: Rodd
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2013, 05:42:37 PM »
Quote from: Jaki
I don't think official pictures and bios should be removed. They are on other sites anyway.

Offline JustinBieberDingus

• Big Brother
  • Username: Trevor
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2013, 07:36:10 PM »
Another thing is this: Watch what industry you want to get into career wise and see if that a Reality TV appearance will have you turned away from getting a job in that field.

Offline BigBrotherFan

• All Star
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2013, 09:34:13 PM »
I think that they are public people and they shouldn't be eliminated.

BBUKFan

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2013, 09:35:53 PM »
Leave it up, at worst their pics may be found and they may get a bit of stick for it, but a profile pic will hardly ruin their lives, I see ignore the whingers ::)

From BBUK, Marco Sabba (Camp seal dude from BB5) has completely changed, he has hair now, works a decent job, seems to have grown up and completely regretted doing BB.

BB3 Winner Kate Lawler doesn't seem to acknowledge that BB took her far in a lot of her ventures, which is a bit ungrateful, don't bite the hand that fed you.

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2013, 09:47:33 PM »
When it comes to Big Brother it's Endemol and the various broadcasters who own the copyright, not the individuals - so I think legally only Endemol could force you to remove content, and even then you'd still have a strong argument about the info being in a public domain etc.

I would refuse such request but as you have done remove their surname and perhaps their hometowns but going any further compromises your archive of how the game has panned out.

And frankly if these people have been so affected by their association with BB they probably need to change their identity themselves - not pretend it never happened.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2013, 12:02:23 AM »
Yeah I agree that removing surnames and hometowns etc. would be for the best for those that request it, but as a site for editions of Big Brother around the world, you can't remove bios and pictures of housemates, that's just silly.

Offline World of BB

• Administrator
  • Winner
  • Username: grahamuk
    • World of Big Brother
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2013, 07:40:30 PM »
Another threatening email received today from another German housemate.

Dear Sirs,

You are the owner of the site listed here in and can be reached under the marked link.

http://www.google.de/imgres?hl=de&tbo=d&sig=108525215665317249506&biw=1600&bih=740&tbm=isch&tbnid=RIKFevSr1bjh6M:&imgrefurl=http://worldofbigbrother.com/BB/Ger/10/Sabrina.shtml&docid=IIPStC1883ktMM&imgurl=http://worldofbigbrother.com/BB/Ger/10/hms/Sabrina1.jpg&w=500&h=281&ei=zdLxUN_tGM3AtAbY84HoBw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=612&vpy=177&dur=1008&hovh=168&hovw=300&tx=155&ty=94&page=1&tbnh=141&tbnw=252&start=0&ndsp=38&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0,i:102

You are using images and content relating to me personally. I am an artist and I own the copy rights to pictures and related contend as well.

I hereby order you to delete the pictures, videos and references to my name or person.

If you don't refrain from doing so I will have to start legal actions and claim license fees.

If you think you have any right to keep the site and or content up you HAVE TO reply to this request and present your authorization.

You can find my signed request in the attachments.

Best regards,
Sabrina Alfarano

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2013, 08:38:26 PM »
What a idiot - so ill informed and just so rude to it only encourages you to stick to the law and point out she doesn't own the copyright and you are using content already in the public domain.

Offline Depths of Bloomfield

• Big Brother
  • Username: Beatriz_Trapote
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2013, 11:09:13 AM »
That stupid bitch of Mercedes (NOW, DENOUNCE ME TO THE COURTS) has threatened an Spanish TV forum with another multiple demand for just talking about her.

YES, I HAVE PHOTOS ABOUT YOU.

French

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2013, 03:53:29 PM »
Well I think she's loosing her time. You are under 18 years old, you have a blank "casier", you'lle be considered as a young person i guess, she's so loosing her time.

MERCEDES WE LIKE YOU !!! :-*
We all make mistake, but what's done... is done. Maybe in 40 years, there'll be machine to travel to the past, but it will be the end of our world anyway.

:-* Have a nice day.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2013, 05:57:49 PM »
I really feel passionately that you shouldn't delete pictures and first names at the very least because they don't own the copyright and it would make this website moot. Why go to a website to find out information about Big Brother when it's all deleted?

Offline HJPK123

• Blogger
  • Ultimate Housemate
  • Independent thinking
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2013, 11:07:58 PM »
Quote from: OmgItsPhil
I really feel passionately that you shouldn't delete pictures and first names at the very least because they don't own the copyright and it would make this website moot. Why go to a website to find out information about Big Brother when it's all deleted?

It would also render information on Wikipedia moot. ;)
Jordan: "You know what, I always thought Spongebob was cheese!"