Author Topic: Chat thread  (Read 621509 times)

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
Re: Chat thread
« Reply #10625 on: March 22, 2016, 03:53:56 AM »
Dominican prostitutes

They're famous in a bunch of places! LOL

Hi guys! For those who know me, but don't know much or those who don't know me at all. Here's my new personal blog:

https://myunaplogeticdiaries.wordpress.com/

Please read! Some of you have already read my first post, one is coming up shortly. So, please follow. Thank you guys!

I love how you said you're proud of your country, but also state that it is well-known for drugs, corruption, strippers, & prostitutes.

Well dear Koadey, I can't lie on those things. I love being Dominican and I love my country. And hey, yeah, we're famous on prostitutes, drugs, corruption and strippers. LOL.

Look, the corruption in my country's government is SO OBVIOUS that Evangelical bigots together with the heads of the Roman Catholic Church in DR are actually DEMANDING the Dominican government, to deal with Obama and the US officials to kick out the current Embassador of the US for the Dominican Republic, as they state "that Emb. Brewster does not fit in with the morals and values that represent our nation and that promoting homosexuality in a really open way completely trespasses those fine lines", they also state that "the Embassador is unfit for his duties in the country, since he's messing too much on our national affairs". To which I must say, it's coming from two of the most hypocrite, unfaithful to the beliefs institutions in my beautiful side of an island.

Also, the most BIZARRE thing I've ever read in my life is coming out from these Evangelical idiots, as they stated in a letter sent out to the local press that "a total of 5% of the state budget should mandatorily be allocated to them, as they will invest that money in promoting religious values and helping out the poor", if you see the way some of those self-proclaimed pastors of Jesuschrist live, you'll die: mansions, luxurious cars, expensive trips, lavish lifestyles. They're a JOKE!

It's a shame that over 30,000 idiots have signed a petition in the website of The White House demanding that Emb. Brewster should be expelled and that promoting LGBT rights IN F****** 2016 is wrong and dissrespectful to a nation. And I be like: "Wait, haven't y'all noticed the extreme levels of government corruption we deal with in a daily basis, the extreme levels of homeland insecurity we face every day, the unjustified amount of tax-payer money being invested in the re-election, the open hypocrisy coming out of the two largest churches in the country both of which were uncapable of defending all victims of sexual abuse? Dominicans, we messed up af. Period!"

And there goes my rant.

Dayum Augusto, you preach it broski!

Yaaaaaas. I preach it for my fellow gays! This country annoys me tons, but I love it here tho. If any of y'all ever visit, let me know.

I never knew anything about your country before you expressed what you have expressed.  I had an idea that there was some discomfort with honsexuality in particular but not to the extent you've shared.  I didn't think the DR would be that conservative. Do you find it difficult? are you an openly gay man? much love to you :-*

It seems contradictory in a way, because many people do respect it in private but in public are EXTREMELY & VOCALLY against it. It's weird, but that's how DR does rule itself as a society: we're fine with corrupt politians and priests who are rapists, but homosexuals are living demonstration of what "Hell" is for the Bible. Really hypocritical until n***** deal when s**t hits the fan.

We're an openly conservative country. The Catholic Church has A LOT of influence in Government decisions, even the Evangelicals have their say at times, but they're not as inffluential and POWERFUL as the Roman Catholic Church. Our Cardinal & at same time Santo Domingo's archbishop is an abominance, he's so repulsive and disgusting, instead of sending love and equality, he only says things such as "The Embassador must go run back to his husband's arms, he's a little queen and the other guy is the real man" and so on and so forth. Also, he LOVES and ADORES the wealthy & the high-tier political class, the more these folks lick his a** the better he feels.

Millenials are more open minded and more respectful about sexual orientation and gender identification than our older counterparts. In the few jobs I've had, people know that I'm gay and they either bombard me with quesitons about how I found out and how my family has dealt with that and such than ignoring or dissrespecting me. I'm a tremendously respectful dude, so even though you're straight and I might be desiring you in my dirty mind, I'll just keep my distance and respect you for who you are, and so far, it has worked extremely well.

Also, my sexuality has been an under the table topic amongst several family member over the years. In my case, all my friends and co-workers know for a fact that I'm gay while only two cousins of my maternal side know for a fact that I'm gay. LOL. And thanks for the loveeeeeee! We should keep spreading it!
:) Live happy every day!!! <3

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • I only support vaginas!
« Reply #10626 on: March 22, 2016, 10:05:13 AM »
I'm a History student and your countries seems to be on the 18th century Augusto lol

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #10627 on: March 22, 2016, 10:50:21 AM »
Such bad news this morning :'( #PrayForBrussels
I'm becoming scared of travelling tbh

Offline JustinBieberDingus

• Big Brother
  • Username: Trevor
« Reply #10628 on: March 22, 2016, 02:20:49 PM »
Third world countries deferentially still have that mentality of the 18th Century, that is what most of the world doesn't really know, as Africa still burns people and ancient tribes still sacrifice children. Though ISIS has the mentality of the 14th Century or so. The US is funny in this category, as some people act like we're the 19th Century, and others are obviously in 2016.

As for Brussels, well, cities are going to be subjected to terrorism because they're so transit. You shouldn't be afraid, as even Canary Islands had an Ebola scare. Living in fear is not living at all.

Augusto, I'll let you know if/when I get to the DR, I'm looking at Iceland/Monaco/Nice and/or Canary Islands first for December, with Vancouver/Halifax as an option due to Lazik surgery, and Ireland to see Justin Bieber.

• Big Brother
« Reply #10629 on: March 22, 2016, 02:32:38 PM »
Anybody think that this is a retaliation due the arrest of the person responsible for the Paris attack?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/aliciamelvillesmith/explosions-reported-at-brussels-airport#.dvjRp6vmO

My Uni has a trip to Brussels for some students taking Journalism, they may cancel that now.

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: jakiki
« Reply #10630 on: March 22, 2016, 06:30:58 PM »
Anybody think that this is a retaliation due the arrest of the person responsible for the Paris attack?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/aliciamelvillesmith/explosions-reported-at-brussels-airport#.dvjRp6vmO

My Uni has a trip to Brussels for some students taking Journalism, they may cancel that now.

The arrest is way to recent for the attack to have been planned on such short notice. They definetly were ready for it way longer before the attack. Now i'm not saying the arrest had no part in it, but I doubt it was a retaliation, since they are ready to die for their cause. I'd say it was more of a diversion.

In any case it's just so horrible to think that we live in a world where this can happen at any time, anywhere.... So many innocents died..

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #10631 on: March 22, 2016, 08:35:24 PM »

The arrest is way to recent for the attack to have been planned on such short notice. They definetly were ready for it way longer before the attack. Now i'm not saying the arrest had no part in it, but I doubt it was a retaliation, since they are ready to die for their cause. I'd say it was more of a diversion.

In any case it's just so horrible to think that we live in a world where this can happen at any time, anywhere.... So many innocents died..

Absolutely right! You can just go on a holiday to an european city and die because you were "in the wrong place at the wrong time". That's why I'm kinda avoiding travelling to Europe until it's more safer. Here I'm safe I think (they wouldn't go to a town with 3 thosand habitants lol).

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #10632 on: March 22, 2016, 08:55:47 PM »

Absolutely right! You can just go on a holiday to an european city and die because you were "in the wrong place at the wrong time". That's why I'm kinda avoiding travelling to Europe until it's more safer. Here I'm safe I think (they wouldn't go to a town with 3 thosand habitants lol).

Not just Europe though. it happened in Ivory Coast, Turkey, Liban, it happen daily in some places.

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #10633 on: March 22, 2016, 10:09:19 PM »

Not just Europe though. it happened in Ivory Coast, Turkey, Liban, it happen daily in some places.

I know, but I would most likely not go to those places first bc they're not really stable so this is only a plus to not go there

Offline Markus

• Mole
  • Username: antos
« Reply #10634 on: March 23, 2016, 02:54:04 AM »
I've really never cared what happenes and where. I go, wherever I want to. When I have the chance. If I was too afraid of getting hurt in any way anywhere...I never would leave my house. As simple as that.

Yes, there are terrorists. There are also a lot of crazy people, who are not terrorists. Or at least those individuals don't mean to be. There's a distinction between terrorists and those individual crazies. Generally speaking the crazies are more unpredictable. Like school shootings all over the world for an example. Not terrorists, just crazy people.

It's a really crazy world we live in.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 03:02:49 AM by Markus »
Lost a planet Master Obi Wan has. How embarrassing.

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #10635 on: March 23, 2016, 03:15:06 AM »
I'm a History student and your countries seems to be on the 18th century Augusto lol
LOL André, and sadly I will totally agree on that one. For sure. As the saying says: "Islanders have relatively small minds". True for a fact.

Third world countries deferentially still have that mentality of the 18th Century, that is what most of the world doesn't really know, as Africa still burns people and ancient tribes still sacrifice children. Though ISIS has the mentality of the 14th Century or so. The US is funny in this category, as some people act like we're the 19th Century, and others are obviously in 2016.

As for Brussels, well, cities are going to be subjected to terrorism because they're so transit. You shouldn't be afraid, as even Canary Islands had an Ebola scare. Living in fear is not living at all.

Augusto, I'll let you know if/when I get to the DR, I'm looking at Iceland/Monaco/Nice and/or Canary Islands first for December, with Vancouver/Halifax as an option due to Lazik surgery, and Ireland to see Justin Bieber.
Intresting choices for a December trip Koadey! Hahahahaha. We're a good choice for sunny and beach-ready weather year-round. So come when you feel to come! LOL.

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #10636 on: March 23, 2016, 03:31:16 AM »
#PrayForBelgium

I still don't get why poor Muslims have to be victims of these radicalists that do more harm for their religion and its people than any good. In most Western countries respect them and treat them with no hate. I'm a Westener and although I live in a third-world country, we do have a relatively small Muslim community and they even have their Mosque just a block away from my building.

They're really decent and respectful people. They don't bother any of their neighbors and everyone is fine with them.

I was born and raised in a Catholic environment and I was always told in school to respect people for who they are, because we're not all going to be the exact same. We're all different and that's what makes each of us special.

Religion is NO excuse to encite violence in this day and age. NO religious belief, to my knowledge has not been based on FEAR & HATE as the center of it's existance. And sadly, we have to deal with these lunatics that want to make the statement that "The West disrespects Islam, and Islam tells us to kill and provoke fear as consequence". Is there a goddamn way for democracy play a role?

Anyway, I just went ahead ranting.

Everyone in Europe please stay safe. Love wins above anything.

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #10637 on: March 23, 2016, 09:25:49 AM »
LOL André, and sadly I will totally agree on that one. For sure. As the saying says: "Islanders have relatively small minds". True for a fact.

Intresting choices for a December trip Koadey! Hahahahaha. We're a good choice for sunny and beach-ready weather year-round. So come when you feel to come! LOL.
I think webcam exclude Iceland, UK and Ireland on those mentallity quotes

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • Username: marie44
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #10638 on: March 23, 2016, 03:11:58 PM »
#PrayForBelgium
FUTURE AFP OF BB19

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jack (spare)
« Reply #10639 on: March 23, 2016, 05:13:52 PM »
How many other terrorists claiming to be linked with religions other than Islam have happened lately, not counting to my mind the awful things going on between Palestine and Israel, or the things that took place between Britain and Ireland, but no other religion is linked with terrorism as much as Islam is, and I have to tell you, whether its just a handful of people or not, the Qu'ran certainly does not promote peace. And I'm fed up of people sugar coating religion in general.
"If I go, I'm taking you with me, you filthy old eunuchs!"

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • Username: marie44
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #10640 on: March 23, 2016, 05:59:05 PM »
Quote from: Jäck
How many other terrorists claiming to be linked with religions other than Islam have happened lately, not counting to my mind the awful things going on between Palestine and Israel, or the things that took place between Britain and Ireland, but no other religion is linked with terrorism as much as Islam is, and I have to tell you, whether its just a handful of people or not, the Qu'ran certainly does not promote peace. And I'm fed up of people sugar coating religion in general.
You have a point... I'm pretty sure there are radical Christians/Jews/Buddhists/Etc but none have resorted to such extreme acts of terrorism...

I feel bad the Muslims are being generalized by the acts of the few, but its hard to deny what you just said
FUTURE AFP OF BB19

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #10641 on: March 23, 2016, 06:28:50 PM »
You have a point... I'm pretty sure there are radical Christians/Jews/Buddhists/Etc but none have resorted to such extreme acts of terrorism...

I feel bad the Muslims are being generalized by the acts of the few, but its hard to deny what you just said

That would be true is History wasn't a thing. On a purely historic level, it seems a bit absurd to even consider those acts enough to make of ISIS the biggest terrorist groups ever. They are horrible, do not get me wrong, and we certainly do live in a era of religious integrists terrorism dominated by people attached to Islam.

BUT, our world has known many other era, much more deadly than this one.
For example the era of World Wars was incredibly deadly. The era of colonialism was a bloodbath and almost eraticated multiple civilizations. The era of crusades was also a very immoral era that cause not only a huge amount of deaths but also horrible persecutions. Multiple european country praticed the Inquisition for centuries...

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #10642 on: March 23, 2016, 07:18:14 PM »
At least in Finland when you dare to say a part of muslims are the world's biggest biggots...you get greeted with a stamp in your forehead, that you are a racist. And at the same time the same people act as if they are not. Just generalizing the rational ones as being not wanted. And here's the slippery slope...there's all kinds of prejudice.

All people, who take these things to the extreme. Only sees black and white....are the most brejudice ones. They just dont' see it themselves. I'm sure you all have read about the vigilante groups for example in Finland? Soldiers of Odin. Who claim to only defend the women in this country. That's all good and well...but where were they before we started to get more refugees we can afford? Nowhere to be found. That to me paints a picture, that it doesn't matter, that the rapes (for example) were going on way before we had any refugees.

As I said...a crazy world we live in.

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #10643 on: March 23, 2016, 07:48:06 PM »

That's really right, when we talk about terrorism the first religion that crosses our minds is Islam, HOWEVER I don't think all of them are terrorists, the fact is that most muslims find disgusting these acts and if all of them were in check with these actions we would all be dead at this point tbh

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #10644 on: March 23, 2016, 07:48:24 PM »
I've never been a religious person myself. For me religion is just a thing, that gets you all worked up. I don't hate it. Whatever works for you. I've never had a political stand either. Not for any particilurlar party. I'm very here and now person. I don't plan too much ahead. The future is untold and it unfolds in front of us regardless what we've done in the past.

That's what I believe in.

• Big Brother
« Reply #10645 on: March 23, 2016, 08:24:36 PM »
I figured out a good senior prank to pull on my University. It just involves taping pictures of Justin Bieber on the President's Office.

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #10646 on: March 23, 2016, 08:48:13 PM »
Religion was needed before the enlightment, nowadays it's just a hobby tbh #fightme

• Big Brother
« Reply #10647 on: March 23, 2016, 10:21:50 PM »
http://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/what-percent-music-snob-are-you#.tuZn8o0Qq

I got 0%.

The test said I know nothing about music, I wouldn't say that's true, I know stuff about my music.

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jack (spare)
« Reply #10648 on: March 23, 2016, 10:53:29 PM »

Me too, Marie, I mean it.  I have plenty of muslim friends, one of whom attends the same college as me, broke down today, it was heartbreaking, she doesn't want to hurt anyone, nor do a lot of muslim people.

However I feel like Islam whether we care to admit or not, does cause divide, even if its underlying, it does teach very harmful views which brainwash people who could have turned out to be great people.  I'm a firm believer in freedom of speech, and freedom of expression, even if what is being said or expressed is insidious in my opinion, what is not OK is physically brutalising women and girls for going to school, or throwing gay people off buildings to their deaths.  There are religious fanatics in all religions, but none with such a huge presence in everyone else's lives.

I wish it could be more simple, like Augusto says, Love (should) conquer.
"If I go, I'm taking you with me, you filthy old eunuchs!"

• Big Brother
« Reply #10649 on: March 24, 2016, 05:37:49 PM »
Hey, Jackie/Bebito,

Have either of you by any chance ever been to Anus, France or Condom, France?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condom,_Gers

There is also a load of other towns I want to visit, including:

Conception Bay South, NL
Joe Batt's Arm, NL
Blow me Down, NL
Souris, PEI
St. Louie-du Ha! HA!, Quebec.
St. Adolphe, Quebec
Swastika, Ontario
Regina, SK
Medicine Hat, Alberta
Balzac, Alberta
Delta, British Columbia (has a postal code of V4G 1N4)

And Jack, have you ever been to Twatt, Scotland?