Author Topic: Chat thread  (Read 621510 times)

Offline Mirluls

• Head of House
Re: Chat thread
« Reply #10650 on: March 24, 2016, 10:38:24 PM »
Here in Mexico we have a city named "Mascota" that literally means pet.

Offline JustinBieberDingus

• Big Brother
  • Username: Trevor
« Reply #10651 on: March 25, 2016, 12:19:04 AM »
Oh, I get it, MACSOTa.

• Big Brother
« Reply #10652 on: March 25, 2016, 01:31:20 AM »
HUURRR YESSS!!!! THIS IS GOING TO BE THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VoNgLnjzVg

THEY'RE EATING CHILDREN!!!!!!! FUCKING CHILDREN!!!!!

Offline Mirluls

• Head of House
« Reply #10653 on: March 25, 2016, 06:48:51 AM »
It's a movie about SAUSAGES!1!1!1!1!1!!1

• Big Brother
« Reply #10654 on: March 25, 2016, 02:16:19 PM »
At first I actually thought it was going to be a kid's movie, even with the sexual innuendo "Sausage Party", and even with the sausages flirting with the buns, but no, it is obviously not a children's movie.

Also, ugh a Global not uploading it's BBCAN episodes in time so I can watch it first thing in the morning. #FirstWorldProbs.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 02:42:35 PM by KoadeyTrevorKambell »

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • Username: marie44
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #10655 on: March 25, 2016, 06:45:36 PM »
Quote from: Jäck
Quote from: Marie on March 23, 2016, 11:59:05 AMQuote from: JäckHow many other terrorists claiming to be linked with religions other than Islam have happened lately, not counting to my mind the awful things going on between Palestine and Israel, or the things that took place between Britain and Ireland, but no other religion is linked with terrorism as much as Islam is, and I have to tell you, whether its just a handful of people or not, the Qu'ran certainly does not promote peace. And I'm fed up of people sugar coating religion in general.You have a point... I'm pretty sure there are radical Christians/Jews/Buddhists/Etc but none have resorted to such extreme acts of terrorism...

I feel bad the Muslims are being generalized by the acts of the few, but its hard to deny what you just said
Me too, Marie, I mean it.  I have plenty of muslim friends, one of whom attends the same college as me, broke down today, it was heartbreaking, she doesn't want to hurt anyone, nor do a lot of muslim people.

However I feel like Islam whether we care to admit or not, does cause divide, even if its underlying, it does teach very harmful views which brainwash people who could have turned out to be great people.  I'm a firm believer in freedom of speech, and freedom of expression, even if what is being said or expressed is insidious in my opinion, what is not OK is physically brutalising women and girls for going to school, or throwing gay people off buildings to their deaths.  There are religious fanatics in all religions, but none with such a huge presence in everyone else's lives.

I wish it could be more simple, like Augusto says, Love (should) conquer.
The fact that there are at least two prominent groups (ISIS and Al-Qaeda) who does all these terrorist acts is frightening, not to mention the local terrorist groups that pledged their allegiance to ISIS...

Did Al-Qaeda fade away? Like now that there is a bigger demon in ISIS?

From what I read these two groups hate each other... Its a good thing they are not joining forces! Can they just wipe each other out? lol
FUTURE AFP OF BB19

Offline Markus

• Mole
  • Username: antos
« Reply #10656 on: March 25, 2016, 08:08:36 PM »
So...on the final season of American Idol I don't even care who wins. The TOP 4 were my favorites from the beginning of the season.
Lost a planet Master Obi Wan has. How embarrassing.

• Big Brother
« Reply #10657 on: March 25, 2016, 08:57:25 PM »
I fucking can't stand Pittsburgh. I can't stand it's blue collar, non-University educated residents and their constant profiling & jealousy. Seriously, I can't imagine any other city in the United States less suited to hosting University students.

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • Username: marie44
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #10658 on: March 26, 2016, 02:08:53 AM »
Quote from: Markus
So...on the final season of American Idol I don't even care who wins. The TOP 4 were my favorites from the beginning of the season
It would be funny if Mackenzie Bourg wins because LOL if the last winner of American Idol is a The Voice reject...

But I'm sick and tired of Jennifer Lopez crying all the time
FUTURE AFP OF BB19

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #10659 on: March 26, 2016, 02:32:39 AM »
I quit on AI about 10 years ago when Jordin Sparks won. LOL. Actually, the last one I remember watching a little bit of it was the season Adam Lambert was in, was it Season 7 or 8? LOL
:) Live happy every day!!! <3

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #10660 on: March 26, 2016, 03:02:03 AM »
Speaking of Idol, the last winner of Latin American Idol, Dominican Martha Heredia was sentenced to 7 years prison for drug trafficking from DR to NYC, and this week she appeared on the news for 2 things: her case against ex-boyfriend Manuel Varet, better known by his stage name Vakeró, after she accused him for domestic violence, but due insufficient proof, the case was again dismissed. She also made the news as, as she's almost half-way through her sentence in prison she has been recently rumored to be placed on parole and the Dominican Republic Court Justice System just confirmed she'll stay locked up in jail until her term is done and she's not eligible to be on parole.

NONE of the popular contestants from that show EVER made it BIG in the continental music scene. LOL. That show was doomed to be a failure,

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
  • Username: gabriel
« Reply #10661 on: March 26, 2016, 05:36:36 AM »
lol, Alicia Keys and Miley Cyrus are the new The Voice coaches... 

• Big Brother
« Reply #10662 on: March 26, 2016, 08:18:41 PM »
I watched American Idol when that grey-haired guy Taylor Hicks (undeservingly) won and also watched either season seven and/or eight. The one with Lambert. I watched the performance episodes, not the elimination episodes, as that aired the same time as Big Brother.

I'm only of those people who only liked American Idol mainly due to its horrible auditions. My favorite auditoner was Katrina Darrell (aka Bikini Girl).

Offline Mirluls

• Head of House
« Reply #10663 on: March 27, 2016, 07:18:48 AM »
Have any housemate of Big Brother ever postulated to elections? Because Shira Casar (obviously, from Mexico) wants to be mayor of Ciudad Victoria, Tamaulipas and she has the support of the political party: PRD. And it's really shocking.

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #10664 on: March 27, 2016, 02:52:05 PM »
Have any housemate of Big Brother ever postulated to elections? Because Shira Casar (obviously, from Mexico) wants to be mayor of Ciudad Victoria, Tamaulipas and she has the support of the political party: PRD. And it's really shocking.
Jean Wyllys from BBB5 actually is a representative for his homestate in Brazil. He was elected in 2010, and if I'm correct re-elected in 2014.

Offline joako

• Administrator
  • Big Brother
« Reply #10665 on: March 27, 2016, 04:14:05 PM »

Jean Wyllys from BBB5 actually is a representative for his homestate in Brazil. He was elected in 2010, and if I'm correct re-elected in 2014.
Yes, he was re-elected in 2014, with almost 130.000 more votes than his first time (he received 13.018 votes in 2010 and 144.770 votes in 2014)

There were a few more housemates that postulated to elections, more info: http://forum.worldofbigbrother.com/index.php?topic=2404.0

Offline Mirluls

• Head of House
« Reply #10666 on: March 27, 2016, 06:30:44 PM »
Thanks guys! It a bit weird that ppl that participied in realitys can won elections. Lol

• Big Brother
« Reply #10667 on: March 27, 2016, 07:41:38 PM »

Rachel Reilly, Jeff Schroeder, Frankie Grande, & Zach Rance have all expressed interested in running for President of the United States when they turn of age. Zach & Frankie have even considered running as Frankie as President and Zach as VP. Kanye West has expressed interest in selecting Jocasta Odom as his VP candidate if he gets the nomination in 2020, as this will get the moderate/liberal-but-religious vote. I think some of them could be successful, but Jeff Schroeder would get a lot of heat due to his Dumbledore comments he made in BB13.

Kass MacQuillen, Abi-Maria Gomes, & Spencer Bledsoe from Survivor have also expressed interest, Spencer when he's old enough and experienced, Abi whenever she wants to, and Kass said if it wasn't for agreeing to Cambodia, she would've ran this time, as she really wanted to go against Donald Trump and get him speaking llama. Kass & Abi have also considered running together.

Peter Brown ran to become Prime Minister of Canada, but Topaz Brady accidentally voted for Justin Tredeau, and that became the deciding vote getting Justin Tredeau elected as Canada's new PM.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 07:47:47 PM by KoadeyTrevorKambell »

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jack (spare)
« Reply #10668 on: March 27, 2016, 08:53:44 PM »
Quote from: Jäck
How many other terrorists claiming to be linked with religions other than Islam have happened lately, not counting to my mind the awful things going on between Palestine and Israel, or the things that took place between Britain and Ireland, but no other religion is linked with terrorism as much as Islam is, and I have to tell you, whether its just a handful of people or not, the Qu'ran certainly does not promote peace. And I'm fed up of people sugar coating religion in general.
You have a point... I'm pretty sure there are radical Christians/Jews/Buddhists/Etc but none have resorted to such extreme acts of terrorism...

I feel bad the Muslims are being generalized by the acts of the few, but its hard to deny what you just said
That's really right, when we talk about terrorism the first religion that crosses our minds is Islam, HOWEVER I don't think all of them are terrorists, the fact is that most muslims find disgusting these acts and if all of them were in check with these actions we would all be dead at this point tbh

Sure, I'd consider the Westboro Baptist church a huge threat to public safety if they had a following like Islamic-based terrorist groups did, but they don't therefore they're just a nuisance, which is how we would see Al-Quaeda and ISIS if they didn't have such a huge influence.

Terrorism aside, Islam is the only religion in which so many people practising it have stood by really appalling actions, the same friend at college I mentioned earlier in the thread, also stated that in spite of the fact she sympathised with homosexuals who have been murdered in the Middle East, she also stated that she wouldn't condemn the people committing these acts as they were doing it in the name of their prophet, and that homosexuals do bring shame on their religion.

She also said that a lot of her family and friends have a similar view.  How am I meant to just glaze over this when I've never heard such callous words from any of my Protestant, Catholic or Pagan friends? (I know a Jewish girl too, but I hate her lol)  I just feel as if muslims are often safeguarded in spite of their regressive and oppressive ideals.
"If I go, I'm taking you with me, you filthy old eunuchs!"

• Big Brother
« Reply #10669 on: March 28, 2016, 12:26:56 AM »
A security officer said "Have a good Easter" to me today. No, you can't say that, my school's not religious based, I'm telling your boss.

• Big Brother
« Reply #10670 on: March 30, 2016, 07:54:54 PM »
I hope to make it here someday.

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2015/10/23/fuckoffee-caf-hot-water-over-offensive-signage

If Swastika, Oatario, Canada or Dildo, Newfoundland, Canada doesn't have to change its name, then why should they?

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #10671 on: April 01, 2016, 03:41:26 AM »
Hey everyone!

This is my most recent post on my blog:
https://myunaplogeticdiaries.wordpress.com/2016/03/28/fear-and-loathing/

Hope you all read it and get to know a bit more about how freaking crazy the DR actually can be

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jack (spare)
« Reply #10672 on: April 01, 2016, 10:59:53 PM »
Are alcoholic cocktails called venom served in your respective countries ladies and germs? well if they do, and you've tasted them and they taste smooth, they're a lie!

Vodka, southern comfort, peach schnapps and WKD Blue (low alcohol volume bubblegum flavoured drink) cannot be poured into the same glass and be considered fit for human consumption :-X
"If I go, I'm taking you with me, you filthy old eunuchs!"

Offline Depths of Bloomfield

• Big Brother
  • Username: Beatriz_Trapote
« Reply #10673 on: April 02, 2016, 02:29:20 PM »
I don't drink alcohol

#DriveSafe

• Big Brother
« Reply #10674 on: April 02, 2016, 04:37:52 PM »
I don't drink alcohol

#DriveSafe

REALLY? You must be the only Wobber (besides Murlils). And you don't have to drive and drink. Walk, get a ride, call a cab, or use uber/lyft.