Author Topic: Chat thread  (Read 584044 times)

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • I only support vaginas!
Re: Chat thread
« Reply #10850 on: June 29, 2016, 08:41:12 PM »
I'm disgusted by the phobia for foreigners in the UK. At least almost half of the population thinks otherwise, and if that phobia wins we'll all say goodbye to them and I hope Scotland and Northern Ireland get independence. #SorryNotSorry

Well I'm disgusted by the ignorance of remain voters assuming that the only reason anyone voted to leave was for the reason you mentioned.  I'm definitely not sorry either.
I don't understand why leaving the EU is good when you're one of the strongest members. It weakened the economy and now there's so much drama. I'm curious since you voted leave, what you'll do if Scotland eventually gets independence?

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jack (spare)
« Reply #10851 on: June 29, 2016, 11:01:52 PM »
I'm disgusted by the phobia for foreigners in the UK. At least almost half of the population thinks otherwise, and if that phobia wins we'll all say goodbye to them and I hope Scotland and Northern Ireland get independence. #SorryNotSorry

Well I'm disgusted by the ignorance of remain voters assuming that the only reason anyone voted to leave was for the reason you mentioned.  I'm definitely not sorry either.
I don't understand why leaving the EU is good when you're one of the strongest members. It weakened the economy and now there's so much drama. I'm curious since you voted leave, what you'll do if Scotland eventually gets independence?

Strongest members, exactly.  We put in a lot into the EU and got less back.  Yes it has weakened the economy amongst all this uncertainty, but the pound is already starting to recover.  Obviously it could be tough for a while since some big life altering decisions have been made.

If we get independence, I'll do the same thing, leave. Adios to Scotland and hello to England.  Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP are a bunch of deluded, arrogant zombies.  Her party are the same people who thought we could keep the pound if we join the EU, we can't.  And now they believe we can simply just rejoin the EU, and we have been told that we can not.  She's a liability, and her party is founded on promises they cannot honor for people who are too unintelligent or patriotic to see that.
"If I go, I'm taking you with me, you filthy old eunuchs!"

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • I only support vaginas!
« Reply #10852 on: June 30, 2016, 12:24:04 AM »

Strongest members, exactly.  We put in a lot into the EU and got less back.  Yes it has weakened the economy amongst all this uncertainty, but the pound is already starting to recover.  Obviously it could be tough for a while since some big life altering decisions have been made.

If we get independence, I'll do the same thing, leave. Adios to Scotland and hello to England.  Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP are a bunch of deluded, arrogant zombies.  Her party are the same people who thought we could keep the pound if we join the EU, we can't.  And now they believe we can simply just rejoin the EU, and we have been told that we can not.  She's a liability, and her party is founded on promises they cannot honor for people who are too unintelligent or patriotic to see that.
And by strongest it also meant the UK could easily influence Europe, and I think UK was actually more powerfull with the while support of the EU in international affairs. Tbh the future is a total mistery, and I'm not like totally against the leave option, just wanted a Europe more united and with less restrictions. I still want to go to the UK when things chill a bit

Offline JustinBieberDingus

• Big Brother
  • Username: Trevor
« Reply #10853 on: June 30, 2016, 04:57:08 PM »
I will be working from 8AM to 12AM (8:00 - midnight, or 16 hours tomorrow) so I will have to say this a day early:

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
« Reply #10854 on: June 30, 2016, 09:33:06 PM »

And by strongest it also meant the UK could easily influence Europe, and I think UK was actually more powerfull with the while support of the EU in international affairs. Tbh the future is a total mistery, and I'm not like totally against the leave option, just wanted a Europe more united and with less restrictions. I still want to go to the UK when things chill a bit

We have no influence because we were constantly being outvoted on matters and having EU centric agendas forced upon us.  Plus its completely undemocratic.  You are aware I'm sure that none of these figureheads of the EU are actually elected, and we should be able to exercise our rights to fire the government if we are unsatisfied with the government's actions.

It doesn't have to be all doom and gloom, its whether or not the EU decides to be spiteful.  Britain can struggle but can ultimately survive on its own, however a positive working relationship between EU countries and Britain would benefit both parties.

Offline Markus

• Mole
  • Username: antos
« Reply #10855 on: July 01, 2016, 12:19:38 AM »
As the UK is leaving EU, there's talks of having the people vote for whether Finland should stay or not. We've also been paying a lot more to the EU than receiving as it is. With UK leaving it's going to get worse. At least for a few years. As long as it takes for EU to adjust...if they ever do.

Having said that...the strongest countries in EU are Germany, France and Belgium. Belgium just for having the headquarters, which could be quite easily transferred to Germany if needed.

Oh well...that's life, I guess.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 12:25:35 AM by Markus »
Lost a planet Master Obi Wan has. How embarrassing.

Offline Markus

• Mole
  • Username: antos
« Reply #10856 on: July 03, 2016, 11:00:34 PM »
http://fsi.fundforpeace.org/rankings-2016

Finland is in its own class. At least according to The Fund for Peace. Finland has been the most sustainable since 2011.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 11:45:59 PM by Markus »
Lost a planet Master Obi Wan has. How embarrassing.

• Big Brother
« Reply #10857 on: July 05, 2016, 03:52:11 PM »
U.S. Sustainable? With over 18 trillion in debt? Overpriced education & health care expenses? :o :o :o

If Trump gets elected, let's see this in 2020.

And North Korea is just an alert? I mean, I know it's not breaking into wars, but by no means are they sustainable. That country can't possibly survive the next generation.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 03:58:06 PM by KhaosKoadey »

• Big Brother
« Reply #10858 on: July 11, 2016, 03:12:18 PM »
The Justin Bieber concert is in two days.  ;D ;D ;D

• Big Brother
« Reply #10859 on: July 13, 2016, 06:10:57 PM »
Today is the big day, I'm finally going to see Bieber in concert.

A girl I work with thinks I'm rich because I spent $253 for a Justin Bieber ticket. Oh, but the magic & experience will be priceless.  ;D ;D ;D

• Big Brother
« Reply #10860 on: July 14, 2016, 06:29:25 PM »
I got to see my Bieber in concert. This will easily be a TOP 2 moment in 2016 and a TOP 5 moment in life. It is likely that this will stay as a TOP 2 moment, as I don't anticipate getting married this year.

• Big Brother
« Reply #10861 on: July 16, 2016, 06:12:00 PM »
I'm glad that I have enough control over my life that I can just do whatever I want. Nice/Monaco is one of the places I want to visit soon and if my parents were in control of my life, they would never allow me to go, despite you can't control terrorist attacks regardless.

• Big Brother
« Reply #10862 on: July 18, 2016, 07:27:24 PM »
I may have to retract any plans to apply or be on Survivor, I was working outside when it was only 85 degrees I couldn't even see straight, think straight, or even keep my head up and eyes open. I'll be evacuated in the middle of my tribe building the shelter. Unless Survivor has plans to film in Scotland or Ireland.

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
« Reply #10863 on: July 18, 2016, 08:03:56 PM »
As of last Friday I am officially an independent adult living in my own beautiful apartment.  I feel great.  Hope all of you do too :Ang

• Big Brother
« Reply #10864 on: July 18, 2016, 10:12:27 PM »
I've been an independent adult living in an apartment since January, 2012.

• Big Brother
« Reply #10865 on: July 19, 2016, 11:21:03 PM »
I just thought of what would be the most horrific trainwreck Reality TV show concept ever.

Jøsêttö

« Reply #10866 on: July 21, 2016, 07:45:24 PM »

• Big Brother
« Reply #10867 on: July 22, 2016, 05:28:57 PM »

• Big Brother
« Reply #10868 on: July 27, 2016, 07:38:55 PM »
I went to seek a position with my University's food service, the new executive chef asked if I was Canadian. I said "I think my accent must've given it away", so therefore I never lied. It looks like I'd get an interview, but was practically hired on the spot.

My University would never hire straight, Caucasian, non-Performing arts major, male students to work on-campus, so clearly I have to fake it to make it.

Jøsêttö

« Reply #10869 on: July 28, 2016, 02:26:50 AM »
I kkkkan't. I hope you won't annoy your children too much with Justin Bieber, they will hate you. (unless he'd still be popular even with the future teens).

• Big Brother
« Reply #10870 on: July 28, 2016, 02:49:29 AM »
I kkkkan't. I hope you won't annoy your children too much with Justin Bieber, they will hate you. (unless he'd still be popular even with the future teens).

He has a chance to be popular with future teens. I would hope that my kids choose to listen to good music as opposed to thinking it's okay to be gangster, or thinking it is okay to get tattoos/dye hair pink/pierce entire face.

I would say i wouldn't want my kids to listen to Country music, my I'm not going to move to the backwoods, so the odds of that happening are real low.

Not to sound derogative, but I would hope to make sure that my kids go to either a private school or an affluent (which is mostly Caucasian) school. This is not only as I wouldn't want them thinking they need to conform to appearance changing, or especially thinking that teen pregnancy or not going to University is okay.

Jøsêttö

« Reply #10871 on: July 28, 2016, 03:11:01 AM »

He has a chance to be popular with future teens. I would hope that my kids choose to listen to good music as opposed to thinking it's okay to be gangster, or thinking it is okay to get tattoos/dye hair pink/pierce entire face.

I would say i wouldn't want my kids to listen to Country music, my I'm not going to move to the backwoods, so the odds of that happening are real low.

Not to sound derogative, but I would hope to make sure that my kids go to either a private school or an affluent (which is mostly Caucasian) school. This is not only as I wouldn't want them thinking they need to conform to appearance changing, or especially thinking that teen pregnancy or not going to University is okay.
Well I wish it will go the way you hope. Personally, I'll make sure from the very beginning of their life to give them the good values, and not only by putting them to a private school. And I'll make everything so they have good marks at school (public school, it will be).

I'm still vacillating wether to put them in the kindergarten (3 to 5 y.o), pedophile stories have multiplied here, so I'd rather not let them in there, but then I'm worried they'd be late when they enter the first grade.

Tastes of music, I think I'll let them hear whatever they want, since they would normally have "good" values (not getting tattooed, alcohol, cigarettes...), but I'd make sure music doesn't influence their acts.

But the day I'll be a father won't be before 2028 (if I'm not killed by  someone, or a terrorist, or whatever, yeah it's where we live) :D , I have time to think about it <3

• Big Brother
« Reply #10872 on: July 28, 2016, 05:13:54 PM »
In the US, Kindergarten is required, and became required just around the year I was starting Kindergarten (around 1995-6). The debate that people are into now is what to do with those kids born in Late August (like Myself) as parents want those kids to wait a year because their kid would be older, more mature, better-rounded than starting as they're about to turn five.

I'd also consider homeschooling kids, especially if I married a teacher. There's also cyber school in a dozen or so states, including Pennsylvania. Do they have cyber grade schooling in Europe?

Offline Danny

• Big Brother
  • Username: UltimateBigBrotherFan96
  • Peasants.
« Reply #10873 on: July 28, 2016, 05:18:36 PM »
It depends on the state you're in when it comes to the age/grade cut off.

In NY, its December 31, but in some states is July 31 or August 31.

So for example, in NY, all kids born in a particular year (2001, example) are all in the same grade.

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
« Reply #10874 on: July 30, 2016, 09:45:50 PM »
I went to seek a position with my University's food service, the new executive chef asked if I was Canadian. I said "I think my accent must've given it away", so therefore I never lied. It looks like I'd get an interview, but was practically hired on the spot.

My University would never hire straight, Caucasian, non-Performing arts major, male students to work on-campus, so clearly I have to fake it to make it.

Why wouldn't they?

But... muh 'white privelege' :(