Author Topic: Chat thread  (Read 531483 times)

Offline JustinBieberDingus

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: Trevor
Re: Chat thread
« Reply #10875 on: July 31, 2016, 11:54:35 AM »
I went to seek a position with my University's food service, the new executive chef asked if I was Canadian. I said "I think my accent must've given it away", so therefore I never lied. It looks like I'd get an interview, but was practically hired on the spot.

My University would never hire straight, Caucasian, non-Performing arts major, male students to work on-campus, so clearly I have to fake it to make it.

Why wouldn't they?

But... muh 'white privelege' :(

I live in one of the more hippiest cities in the country, that's a clue. Plus, University's in America are very liberal, especially if it's in a liberal geographic region.

White Privilege only exists when it comes to maybe, the police force or is certain places deep south. Police also don't like anybody under 25. It doesn't exist where I live and while it shouldn't, the struggle I'm in is non-Straight white-male privilege. Plus, in the United States, it can be very difficult to be involved in a child-abuse case if your folks aren't unemployed drug addicts or alcoholics.

Offline Markus

• Mole
  • Username: antos
« Reply #10876 on: August 01, 2016, 06:12:39 PM »
I'm a bit surprised there's no signs of racism in this small sleepy town I live in. We just got an injection of refugees from Sudan a few months ago. No problems. We just got a nepalese restaurant ran by nepalese. And people are happy to go and eat.

I'm all in for having new faces in town.
Lost a planet Master Obi Wan has. How embarrassing.

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jack (spare)
« Reply #10877 on: August 02, 2016, 04:23:21 AM »
I went to seek a position with my University's food service, the new executive chef asked if I was Canadian. I said "I think my accent must've given it away", so therefore I never lied. It looks like I'd get an interview, but was practically hired on the spot.

My University would never hire straight, Caucasian, non-Performing arts major, male students to work on-campus, so clearly I have to fake it to make it.

Why wouldn't they?

I live in one of the more hippiest cities in the country, that's a clue. Plus, University's in America are very liberal, especially if it's in a liberal geographic region.

White Privilege only exists when it comes to maybe, the police force or is certain places deep south. Police also don't like anybody under 25. It doesn't exist where I live and while it shouldn't, the struggle I'm in is non-Straight white-male privilege. Plus, in the United States, it can be very difficult to be involved in a child-abuse case if your folks aren't unemployed drug addicts or alcoholics.

I'd agree with you on that.  Forgive me, I didn't really know much about Pittsburgh other than its in Pennsylvania, which is where the Amish live :-[

Do you mean that child abuse isn't dealt with aptly unless the family sticks out as high risk? so an example being if you have both parents in the family and they seem respectable, then social services don't see any red flags?

So are you saying you got a job through not being straight and white? how patronising of them!

The area I live in which has a reputation of being full of neanderthals is quite multicultural, including whites, blacks, asians, christians, jews and sikhs.  We all go together hand in hand.  If I'm being honest the only divides here are traditionally between protestants and catholics, and now due to the increase in the muslim population what with a lot of migrants being muslim, their bigotry towards everyone else is showing.  Not towards just whites, but anyone identified as not part of the religion.  The people I feel most sorry for are Sikhs who not only get verbally abused by rogue muslims, but are also subjected to the same abuse from racists.  It sucks because you won't meet a more generous and kind community than the Sikhs in my area.
"If I go, I'm taking you with me, you filthy old eunuchs!"

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #10878 on: August 02, 2016, 09:36:17 AM »

Why wouldn't they?

I'd agree with you on that.  Forgive me, I didn't really know much about Pittsburgh other than its in Pennsylvania, which is where the Amish live :-[

Do you mean that child abuse isn't dealt with aptly unless the family sticks out as high risk? so an example being if you have both parents in the family and they seem respectable, then social services don't see any red flags?

So are you saying you got a job through not being straight and white? how patronising of them!

The area I live in which has a reputation of being full of neanderthals is quite multicultural, including whites, blacks, asians, christians, jews and sikhs.  We all go together hand in hand.  If I'm being honest the only divides here are traditionally between protestants and catholics, and now due to the increase in the muslim population what with a lot of migrants being muslim, their bigotry towards everyone else is showing.  Not towards just whites, but anyone identified as not part of the religion.  The people I feel most sorry for are Sikhs who not only get verbally abused by rogue muslims, but are also subjected to the same abuse from racists.  It sucks because you won't meet a more generous and kind community than the Sikhs in my area.

What I'm trying to do is hint to my school a settlement is in their best interest, especially if I, you know, get famous. I'm also looking to speak to the press.

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #10879 on: August 02, 2016, 10:06:45 AM »
By the way, I've written a few BB Fanfics, the cast is American playing under the British rules (no HOH). If people will commit to reading, I'll post them.

Offline DarkFireYoshi

• Winner
  • I am addicted to random facts
« Reply #10880 on: August 04, 2016, 11:12:13 PM »
SUMMER OLYMPICS RIO 2016 ;D ;D ;D

Go Team USA! Go Team Chinese Taipei!

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jøsêttö
« Reply #10881 on: August 07, 2016, 07:18:02 AM »
I've just seen they erased Tengaged Español :(  RIP & RIP Josette de la Fuente (my account). I wanted to see if my account was offline for 365 days and more, but fail.

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #10882 on: August 09, 2016, 03:20:53 PM »
I just won a contest, where I entered for a drawing to win $1,000 towards Lasik Surgery! This is the first time getting surgery since February, 2003. I was going to do this in Canada, but if I can use theist get a better deal, I will try.

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #10883 on: August 12, 2016, 09:32:53 AM »
OMGAAAAAAAWWWWWDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I mentioned earlier this week, I won $1,000 going towards Lazik Surgery

Then, I get a call as soon as I get out of bed only to hear that I won a trip for two for a weekend getaway to either Saint Thomas, Cancun, U.S. Virgin Islands, or San Juan, Puerto Rico. I just can't claim it until after I turn 25, in sixteen more days.

This summer, I get half naked with & meet Emblem3, see Justin Bieber live, win Lasik Surgery and a weekend getaway, this was a nice turn around.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

2014 is still the best summer I ever had, I didn't get heat exhausted and you know, BBUS 16 and all.

I'm a two-time winner!!!!!! I am Sandra Diaz-Twine.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 09:42:59 AM by JustinBieberDingus »

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
« Reply #10884 on: August 14, 2016, 04:19:43 PM »
Guess who in this forum could've said it lol. #veryeasy.

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #10885 on: August 14, 2016, 07:19:09 PM »

IDK, who in this forum would say this?

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
« Reply #10886 on: August 15, 2016, 07:49:48 AM »

IDK, who in this forum would say this?
Obviously you, even though : more for the Canadian citizenship than being embarrased of having the U.S. one.

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #10887 on: August 15, 2016, 08:52:29 AM »
I am embarrassed to possess American citizenship, we're a 50-50 chance of electing a Reality TV host as President.

Anyways, last week of summer!!!! Then, another god-forsaken summer is over.  ;D

This summer was fairly decent, granted I won a trip to Cancun/VI, saw Justin Bieber, and met Emblem3.

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
« Reply #10888 on: August 15, 2016, 10:09:51 AM »
Here in Europe they usually say U.S.A. are ten years forward, so who knows in ten years what kind of running candidates (and President) we'll all get. x)

I already have my summer 2017 planned and I caaaaaaaaaaaan't wait, and I'm very excited for this year (from October), this will be a very good year if all goes right. <3

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • I only support vaginas!
« Reply #10889 on: August 15, 2016, 11:40:50 AM »
Tbh I would also be embarassed to be American, don't like a lot of things in it

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
« Reply #10890 on: August 15, 2016, 04:37:52 PM »
The only citizenship I would be embarrassed of would be BitchraHell. The U.S. have good things and bad things let's not forget it's like it's all the countries from ltet's say one continent reunited in one space, in one country. (I mean when you know a state like Texas is bigger than France, you can expect so many things, and so expect so much of people).

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jack (spare)
« Reply #10891 on: August 16, 2016, 11:54:41 AM »
I am embarrassed to possess American citizenship, we're a 50-50 chance of electing a Reality TV host as President.

Anyways, last week of summer!!!! Then, another god-forsaken summer is over.  ;D

This summer was fairly decent, granted I won a trip to Cancun/VI, saw Justin Bieber, and met Emblem3.

Crook Vs Reality TV Star with a vision.  Its like choosing between herpes and warts.
"If I go, I'm taking you with me, you filthy old eunuchs!"

Offline Markus

• Mole
  • Username: antos
« Reply #10892 on: August 16, 2016, 09:57:16 PM »
I'm actually quite happy to be Finnish. Though not always that proud. Not to take anything away from any other country. We all have our strengths and whatever.
Lost a planet Master Obi Wan has. How embarrassing.

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #10893 on: August 17, 2016, 04:24:01 PM »
Only in America would they pay people as a part-time job to walk around the street and try to get people to register to vote for President. Seriously, it's SO annoying too. Right, they don't do this in your countries do they?

It's like this:

Idiot: Excuse me, are you registered to vote?
Me: Yes
Idiot: At your current adress?

I just want to say: "do you really think i'm incapable of registering to vote at my own address? Do you think I was somehow dumb enough to register at the wrong address?"

You couldn't pay me enough to have that job.

Offline DarkFireYoshi

• Winner
  • I am addicted to random facts
« Reply #10894 on: August 17, 2016, 06:29:10 PM »
To those familiar with UK politics, why is the Conservative Party the main party? Why not the Liberal Democrats?

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #10895 on: August 21, 2016, 01:51:58 PM »
She didn't even know who Justin Bieber is. This is so real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA6f9AH2xRg

Offline Depths of Bloomfield

• Big Brother
  • Username: Beatriz_Trapote
« Reply #10896 on: August 26, 2016, 08:51:48 AM »
Sooooooooooooooooooooo

The last season of BB I watched was BB 3 USA last year and a half and this summer I decided to START and FINISH Big Brother 1 UK.

............... 8.5/10.

It was FASCINATING. I watched it as a documentary and it reminded me SO much of Survivor Borneo. Rather than having fun most of these people were trying to actually SURVIVE both the house and each other. And i ended up knowing and appreciating all of the housemates.

Plus it gave BIRTH to one of my fav villains, CPN queen Mel Hill <333333

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #10897 on: August 26, 2016, 10:00:05 AM »
I liked old school BBUK better than whatever Channel 5 is doing, and it's the only Reality series where I've left that way. I enjoy BBUS's newer seasons more than older seasons, with an exception of seasons 15, 13, & 18, whereas Survivor is a hit or miss and so is TAR, though BBUK is also hard to follow because an episode a day is too much.

What seasons of BBUS haven't you watched?

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #10898 on: August 26, 2016, 10:00:48 PM »
I just saw the Australian version of Survivor. I was decent, it felt like an old school version of Survivor, only one, two-person alliance was formed. That person who got voted out first literally made every mistake you can possibly make in two or three days.

And now, I will try to enjoy my final day as a 24 year old.

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • Username: marie44
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #10899 on: August 27, 2016, 10:22:06 AM »
Quote from: JustinBieberDingus
I just saw the Australian version of Survivor. I was decent, it felt like an old school version of Survivor, only one, two-person alliance was formed. That person who got voted out first literally made every mistake you can possibly make in two or three days.

And now, I will try to enjoy my final day as a 24 year old.
Australian Survivor was awesome TBH! Rooting hard for the alliance of Evil Queen Flick, Conner, Brooke, Sam and that one guy who's name I forget... And also Rohan/Lee
SWEET AUSTRALIAN PRINCE