Author Topic: Chat thread  (Read 531481 times)

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jack (spare)
Re: Chat thread
« Reply #11000 on: November 11, 2016, 11:31:09 AM »
I'm not all that thrilled about Trump winning US presidency since whatever happens in the US... pretty much affects all of us in one way or another.

However I lay all the blame with nasty, self righteous milennials and lefties who caused this with their disdain and ruthlessness towards anyone who opposes them.  Everyone else got fed up and voted someone in who wouldn't cater to their bullshit anymore.  And so now Donald Trump is president.

Oh hell no. Check the statistics. The ones who actually decided who would win this elections are people who didn't vote and white people. Trump's victory is only to blame on the fact that most white people don't actually feel concerned by whatever could happen to minorities and THAT'S why Trump won.

If it was only for milennials, Clinton would have won with about 95% of the votes. If it was only for POCs, Clinton would have won with about 85% of the votes. And if it had only been white people voting, trump would have won with over 65%. That's the only reason you need.

7% increase on the black vote from Mitt Romney, 29% for Hispanic and Asians respectively (That was a real surprise) which is a 2% rise for the Republicans from Hispanics.

There was only a 1% increase from white voters for Trump compared with Romney.  But carry on with your narratives.

I can't believe none of you can understand that its the kind of self righteous crybullying and petulant name calling that you guys are resorting to that got Trump into office to begin with.  Certain people in America became so alienated with the style of politics (A la Canadian moron of a Prime Minister) that so many of you seem to love so they got Stockholm Syndrome REALLY bad and voted for a Buffoon disguised as an Oompa Loompa.

But alas I think we are totally wasting our time having this conversation.  We're not going to agree.
"If I go, I'm taking you with me, you filthy old eunuchs!"

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • I only support vaginas!
« Reply #11001 on: November 11, 2016, 03:10:10 PM »
My problem with all this Trump mess is that this wasn't an American election, it was a FREAKING GLOBAL election!! We have seen several times in history that more extreme candidates win election with the hope of change, and it actually changes - but for a REAAAALY bad scenario. Trump wasn't only disgusting and arrogant: what he said he wanted to do just doesn't make any sence and doesn't contribute for a good chance in my opinion. From building a wall to stay away from Mexico (and let them pay for it, like if it's in their best interest kkk) to make racist, sexist and homophobe comments. Many people blame the media for making Trump a monster, I think in reality he really is a monster. He has so many hate toward minorities it makes me sick to my stomach. And his supporters just became grose like him, I've seen all around the internet sad stories of white americans telling minorities "they don't belong to the country", don't you remember America is made of immigrants?? And YES, Clinton might have some corruption but she at least would give her 100% and since she has international politic experience she would be a way better president than Trump. And she doesn't have any stereotypes like Mr. Trump Jr. I seriously believe this will lead to an eventual World War III and it's disgusting because Hillary had more votes than Trump, stupid American system!!

It makes me so mad that I prefer to stop my comment right here.

Offline JustinBieberDingus

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: Trevor
« Reply #11002 on: November 16, 2016, 10:49:09 AM »
OMG! California joining Canada would be the ultimate idea of having your cake and eating it too.

The Reality TV industry drastically changes though, as many former stars become ineligible to return to Survivor/BB.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/laurenstrapagiel/it-would-be-rad?utm_term=.uh8Jopygq#.alGBgbAvJ

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #11003 on: November 22, 2016, 12:24:16 PM »
Apparently, TAR Canada 5 will air in the Winter of 2017, and maybe they'll double up this time. With Canada turning 150, there is a chance that they can make it more patriotic.

I wonder if this is impacting their route for Canada, as it is much colder to run if it is to air in the Winter, then it must be filming during December or January, maybe even February as it could easily premier as late as March. Two seasons of TAR Canada would be great, as TAR Canada will always be watchable, even if it's not the best season.

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jøsêttö
« Reply #11004 on: November 23, 2016, 02:56:43 PM »
"Black Friday" already started here, at least on the internet. But I always feel like it's just an illusion and they scam us lol. I'm gonna look closer to Apple to see if there is some real good deal.

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jøsêttö
« Reply #11005 on: November 29, 2016, 10:23:33 AM »
Guys, when you're bored and want to have some fun : go to tweet mashup lol, it's really funny!!! :)

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #11006 on: November 30, 2016, 09:54:26 AM »
Officially booked my trip to Cancun!!!

14 Jan-Cancun
29 Jan-Iceland
2 Feb-Germany, Belgium & Netherlands.

Late Feb - Vancouver & Nanaimo, with a possibility of Tofino, BC.

My life is turning into The Amazing Race!!!

Offline Markus

• Mole
  • Username: antos
« Reply #11007 on: December 03, 2016, 10:37:03 AM »
So...Saara has a really good chance of going to the finale. Her ABBA was just amazing. She should win, but she won't. I think Matt will win.
Lost a planet Master Obi Wan has. How embarrassing.

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: jakiki
« Reply #11008 on: December 03, 2016, 02:06:58 PM »
So...Saara has a really good chance of going to the finale. Her ABBA was just amazing. She should win, but she won't. I think Matt will win.

X Factor winners are always the most boring option so yes (apart from a few exeptions), Matt will win.

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #11009 on: December 04, 2016, 07:13:03 AM »
Saara is now bookies' favourite to win. I don't actually want her to win anymore. Then she would be tied at least for a while to Syco. Not the best option.

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
  • Username: gabriel
« Reply #11010 on: December 04, 2016, 07:48:43 AM »
Saara is now favourite <3
And Matt hase now chances for B2 kkkkkk

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • Username: marie44
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #11011 on: December 04, 2016, 08:35:59 PM »
I would LOVE for Saara to win, but I can't see a scenario where Matt doesn't win, sad to think that the last not boring act that won was LM

I'm just glad Emily left, she was boring and literally all her performances were the same... She also had the least personality among the 4 acts and her whole X Factor storyline was having a boyfriend (who lasted waaaaaay too long if I may add)

Louisa and James were great, but we all saw them winning from a mile away
SWEET AUSTRALIAN PRINCE

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #11012 on: December 05, 2016, 05:00:46 AM »
I would LOVE for Saara to win, but I can't see a scenario where Matt doesn't win, sad to think that the last not boring act that won was LM

I'm just glad Emily left, she was boring and literally all her performances were the same... She also had the least personality among the 4 acts and her whole X Factor storyline was having a boyfriend (who lasted waaaaaay too long if I may add)

My thing with Saara is, if she wins, she would have to record an album right away. And what kind of music would she do? She has the voice, but to me she still has to find her sound so I don't think winning would be the best option for her.

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #11013 on: December 05, 2016, 08:07:41 PM »
Quote from: Jackie
Quote from: Marie on Yesterday at 08:35:59 PMI would LOVE for Saara to win, but I can't see a scenario where Matt doesn't win, sad to think that the last not boring act that won was LM

My thing with Saara is, if she wins, she would have to record an album right away. And what kind of music would she do? She has the voice, but to me she still has to find her sound so I don't think winning would be the best option for her.
I actually see Saara more on Broaway or West End TBH than being a pop star... Her voice and theatrics are more suited for it... She is however the most talented and entertaining contestant this year, I must admit

Simon will ultimately choose who wins and Matt has been TCO since Day 1, so unless he rorally pissed someone off, I think Saara will finish 2nd

I actually thought Gifty/Sam would emerge as dark horses, but they did a hatchet job with Gifty and threw Sam to the wayside for fucking Ryan Lawrie, ugh... I think those two were the most robbed this season, everyone else went home when they had to (I'm fine with Honey G finishing 5th)
SWEET AUSTRALIAN PRINCE

Offline Depths of Bloomfield

• Big Brother
  • Username: Beatriz_Trapote
« Reply #11014 on: December 08, 2016, 09:21:42 AM »
I'm on a Big Brother UK JOURNEY like Dan/Trevor/Koadey so I'm going to leave my RANK of the first five seasons of UK I watched. CURRENLY seeing BB 6.

1. BB 5, <333333333333333333 LEGENDARY CAST <3
2. BB 1, REALITY TV HISTORY Y'ALL #MustWatch
3. BB 3, dark and trashy <3 but I only liked a few HMs.
4. BB 2, NICE and had some interesting dynamics.

5. BB 4, GOOD LORD, unlikeable and boring cast, I don't know who cast that season but it was atrocious.

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #11015 on: December 09, 2016, 07:24:52 PM »
Apparently Saara is going to do a duet with Adam Lambert, or that's the rumour. Should be good. Both theatrical with big voices.

And I do agree. Saara isn't really fit for pop. Not in any traditional sense anyway. I got a bit Kate Bush vibe off of Saara.

Also, I still don't think Saara will win. This is the end of the line of talent shows and such for her. Came 2nd 3 times before. In The Voice of Finland and twice in Eurovision preselection.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 08:54:16 PM by Markus »

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #11016 on: December 10, 2016, 11:03:04 AM »
I held off watching BBUK as I have many other things going on. Season 4 was nothing like the Channel 5 BB's. Also, I'd stay away from seasons 8-11. I couldn't finish those and could just tell that Channel 4 was looking to kill the show.

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #11017 on: December 11, 2016, 01:24:29 AM »
Saara is through to the finals <3 I'm happy that Louis got an act that did well in the competition, 5AM was great (the one with the weird hair has a weak voice but Jordan is the clear star of that group), but I prefer Saara and Matt...

This is the first time where I'm happy with both finalists, but of course I prefer Saara... To be fair, Adam Lambert doesn't have a pop voice, like Saara he is more theatrical and broadway but he had a successful pop career, so with the right management Saara could go the same route as Adam
SWEET AUSTRALIAN PRINCE

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #11018 on: December 11, 2016, 03:44:29 AM »
Quote from: Marie on Yesterday at 08:35:59 PMI would LOVE for Saara to win, but I can't see a scenario where Matt doesn't win, sad to think that the last not boring act that won was LM

I actually see Saara more on Broaway or West End TBH than being a pop star... Her voice and theatrics are more suited for it... She is however the most talented and entertaining contestant this year, I must admit

Simon will ultimately choose who wins and Matt has been TCO since Day 1, so unless he rorally pissed someone off, I think Saara will finish 2nd

I actually thought Gifty/Sam would emerge as dark horses, but they did a hatchet job with Gifty and threw Sam to the wayside for fucking Ryan Lawrie, ugh... I think those two were the most robbed this season, everyone else went home when they had to (I'm fine with Honey G finishing 5th)

Gifty could sue this fuckery tbh. She should have never went home. Every week she was given songs that were either completly unfit for her or just plain bad. And then she was evicted to hide a masquerade.

I could totally see Saara on Broadway/West End. I could see her being a voice actress as well. Anyway she's definetly more of performer than a recording artist. Matt will probably win because it means more money and legacy for Syco, considering he is already ready for marketting.

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #11019 on: December 11, 2016, 08:18:14 AM »
Quote from: Marie on December 05, 2016, 08:07:41 PMQuote from: JackieQuote from: Marie on Yesterday at 08:35:59 PMI would LOVE for Saara to win, but I can't see a scenario where Matt doesn't win, sad to think that the last not boring act that won was LM

My thing with Saara is, if she wins, she would have to record an album right away. And what kind of music would she do? She has the voice, but to me she still has to find her sound so I don't think winning would be the best option for her.I actually see Saara more on Broaway or West End TBH than being a pop star... Her voice and theatrics are more suited for it... She is however the most talented and entertaining contestant this year, I must admit

Gifty could sue this fuckery tbh. She should have never went home. Every week she was given songs that were either completly unfit for her or just plain bad. And then she was evicted to hide a masquerade.

I could totally see Saara on Broadway/West End. I could see her being a voice actress as well. Anyway she's definetly more of performer than a recording artist. Matt will probably win because it means more money and legacy for Syco, considering he is already ready for marketting.

Simon made Gifty a walking advertisment for trying make 5th Harmony happen in the UK (I mean I love them but UK is LM territory). Gifty had two 5H songs, the song that she sang the week she left was totally off for her. I did like ve how she did 0 attempts to hide her disdain for being booted lol!

Simon only cared for one of his contestants, Emily and she is by far the worst of his three. He didnt't give a shit about Sam and openly admitted when she was booted that he never connected with her, then he repeatedly gave both her and Gifty shitty songs as he overly praised Emily's generic performances, it was great that both Louis and Nicole called Simon for his bullshit when it comes to Emily!

The lifeline vote screwed her over too, I doubt she was even in the bottom two, it was probably Ryan/4OD with Ryan high likely going home that week. The lifeline vote was bullshit since it only benefits the likes of Ryan Lawrie, so him going home in a singoff against HONEY G was deeply satisfying LOOOL

I agree Saara is more of a live performer, broadway/west end types. True, Matt is market ready, he is someone who will likely sell the most records among the contestants. I'd be happy with a Matt win, he's actually good and he seems like a perfectly nice guy. A Saara win would be everything though <3
SWEET AUSTRALIAN PRINCE

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #11020 on: December 11, 2016, 11:10:28 PM »
Matt won, can't be mad about it, it was a really close competition!

Saara won the vote Saturday night <3
SWEET AUSTRALIAN PRINCE

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • I only support vaginas!
« Reply #11021 on: December 12, 2016, 02:04:14 PM »
Matt won, can't be mad about it, it was a really close competition!

Saara won the vote Saturday night <3
I'm so happy she got 1st several weeks, what a true queen <333
Saara has a curse for runner-up: runner-up in The Voice Finland, twice runner-up for the Finnish selection for Eurovision and now runner-up for X Factor UK :o
I still love her, the duet with Adam Lambert was everything <33333
Also I loved Little Mix performing with my babe Charlie Puth <3333

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #11022 on: December 12, 2016, 05:01:05 PM »
Apparently Adam would love to collaborate with Saara. Not really a surprise if it happens.

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #11023 on: December 13, 2016, 02:02:52 AM »
Quote from: André
Quote from: Marie on December 11, 2016, 11:10:28 PMMatt won, can't be mad about it, it was a really close competition!

Saara won the vote Saturday night <3I'm so happy she got 1st several weeks, what a true queen <333
Saara has a curse for runner-up: runner-up in The Voice Finland, twice runner-up for the Finnish selection for Eurovision and now runner-up for X Factor UK
I still love her, the duet with Adam Lambert was everything <33333
Also I loved Little Mix performing with my babe Charlie Puth <3333
She was the only one who could say that she had a chance at beating Matt. I'm fine with Matt winning, he seems like a decent dude and he has a great voice, definitely one of my faves from the generic white guys that won X Factor

Yeah Saara's runner-up curse! I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes Britain's rep on a future Eurovision though

LM and Charlie Puth was life <333333

Even Clean Bandit wants to collaborate with Saara <3
SWEET AUSTRALIAN PRINCE

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #11024 on: December 13, 2016, 07:40:58 AM »
https://www.buzzfeed.com/hilarywardle/which-scottish-place-should-you-visit-in-2016?utm_term=.qgl5E307x#.mcy4zyPxd

I got the Isle of Harris, a Posh Scottish destination, which is usual, as every time I had on of their British-based quizzes, I always get the posh result. I must be of British Royalty.