Author Topic: Big Brother 15 UK  (Read 87113 times)

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
  • Username: gabriel
Re: Big Brother 15 UK
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2014, 06:41:28 PM »
According another forum, a little teaser was aired on Channel 5... 8)

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
US broadcaster Viacom buys Channel 5
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2014, 11:00:38 PM »
US broadcaster Viacom buys Channel 5

Richard Desmond is poised to announce the sale of Channel 5 to the US broadcaster that owns MTV for as much as £450m.

The US broadcaster, which owns channels including Nickelodeon and Comedy Central, is expected to announce the deal to the New York stock market on Thursday or Friday at the latest.

The deal is short of the typically aggressive £700m-plus target originally set by Desmond, the owner of the Daily Express and Daily Star.

But it nonetheless makes for a significant profit on the £103.5m he paid to buy the then loss-making Channel 5 from the German broadcaster RTL in 2010.

It is not clear what Viacom will do with Channel 5's £350m-a-year TV ad sales business. But it is thought likely that it will involve Rupert Murdoch's Sky.

BSkyB handles the TV ad sales in the UK for Viacom – the US broadcaster is Sky Media's biggest customer – and it is most likely to incorporate Channel 5's sales into its existing deal.

Desmond based his valuation on 10 times anticipated profits of £70m this year, but a number of analysts had set a top end valuation of £400m to £500m.

Advertisement

The deal would allow the US pay-TV company to make a major move into free-to-air television in the UK.

In the UK it has moved into commissioning more original, homegrown shows for its key channels MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon.

Viacom has invested heavily in entertainment, reality and children's television, which would make it a good fit for Channel 5.

It makes shows such as MTV's structured reality series Geordie Shore – which made a star of Charlotte Crosby, who went on to win Channel 5's Celebrity Big Brother.

In addition, along with Channel 5, Viacom invested in Peppa Pig via Nick Jr, which airs on Channel 5's children's segment Milkshake and on Nick Jr.

Channel 5 shows include the US drama imports CSI and The Mentalist, Edie Stobart: Trucks & Trailers, The Hotel Inspector and Extreme Fishing with Robson Green.

The broadcaster's children's strand Milkshake features shows including Peppa Pig, Fireman Sam and Thomas & Friends.

Channel 5 has six channels – the flagship Channel 5, 5* and 5 USA, and a +1, one-hour time-shifted variant for each – some of which could be converted to pay services.

Rivals including BSkyB and Discovery, which was considered the frontrunner to buy Channel 5, have expanded their operations into the free-to-air market.

Viacom declined to comment. Northern & Shell, Channel 5's parent company, said no deal had yet been concluded.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/apr/30/richard-desmond-sale-channel-5-viacom?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 11:06:40 PM by Gabriel »

Offline Depths of Bloomfield

• Big Brother
  • Username: Beatriz_Trapote
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2014, 03:54:16 AM »
they better do a good season this year, despite the awesome beginning of BB 14, by the middle of the season was like watching paint dry and for producer's fault

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jøsêttö
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2014, 04:04:18 AM »
Which season did you prefer between BB13 and BB14 :??
I realize that most of the people prefer BB14 over BB13. Well I followed more BB13 than BB14 so maybe it has its reasons to be a good season. All I know is that the cast of BB13 was WONDERFUL.

I even miss Trashleigh farting in all the rooms without respecting nobody. :-*

[Where. Is. Jack.]

• Big Brother
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2014, 04:12:35 AM »
I realize that most of the people prefer BB14 over BB13. Well I followed more BB13 than BB14 so maybe it has its reasons to be a good season. All I know is that the cast of BB13 was WONDERFUL.

[Where. Is. Jack.]

BB 13 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BB 14

BB 13 had Deana, CAROLINE, Becky, Benedict, Lydia, the showmance of Trashleigh and Luke S, I mean, even LUKE A who was a transsexual bully, the only bad thing of the season was Conor leaving like that, war groups who actually despised each other  and that stayed until the end <3

BB 14 was fun the first weeks but then you get rid of Sallie, JEMIMA, Wolfy, Jackie and Dan back to back and it's  :-X :-X :-X :-X the only interesting thing was watching Hazel survive since they showed a favorite poll to the house and they already knew who would win so why facing the favorites and be men to them lol I didn't even watched the finale

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2014, 04:22:40 AM »

[Where. Is. Jack.]

BB 13 had Deana, CAROLINE, Becky, Benedict, Lydia, the showmance of Trashleigh and Luke S, I mean, even LUKE A who was a transsexual bully, the only bad thing of the season was Conor leaving like that, war groups who actually despised each other  and that stayed until the end <3

BB 14 was fun the first weeks but then you get rid of Sallie, JEMIMA, Wolfy, Jackie and Dan back to back and it's  :-X :-X :-X :-X the only interesting thing was watching Hazel survive since they showed a favorite poll to the house and they already knew who would win so why facing the favorites and be men to them lol I didn't even watched the finale
Whew! That's why I prefered BB13. The casting was fabulous and for a moment they were able to talk of nominations... there were wars and that was entertaining. BB14 was empty! I hope they'll find a great casting! At the end I haven't watched the last season of CBB but as it's considered as one of the best seasons I hope they'll look for a casting with same personalities.

LOL Wolfy!! Humiliated live if I remember lmao

• Big Brother
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2014, 04:41:10 AM »

[Where. Is. Jack.]

Whew! That's why I prefered BB13. The casting was fabulous and for a moment they were able to talk of nominations... there were wars and that was entertaining. BB14 was empty! I hope they'll find a great casting! At the end I haven't watched the last season of CBB but as it's considered as one of the best seasons I hope they'll look for a casting with same personalities.

LOL Wolfy!! Humiliated live if I remember lmao

yeah CBB tend to be better than normal BB this time lol last season was pretty good but I couldn't have time to end it  with studies :(

every BB has to have a storyline, I feel BB 14 didn't had one because the public was more concentrated on voting interesting people lol I don't even understand the complains about Sam winning 'cause I was already saying on Week 5 that if they didn't get rid of him he's winning the show 'cause Gina and Dexter were too sure of being in the finals and the casual viewers + teens were going to vote for him  ::)

the storylines of BB 13 were not stopped in any moment

I mean:

Week 1 - Sallie vs Gina + alliance of two of them in the future - STOPPED because Sallie was evicted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_hj4Buetrc

Week 2 - Jemima vs Dan (hilarious fights with Jemima in the future) - STOPPED because Jemima was evicted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDABnocmgt4

then Wolfy itself being a good hate figure, Jackie being a first class bully <3 all gone in five weeks lol

Offline Liuk-BB

• Winner
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2014, 10:55:01 AM »
Can you imagine season 13 with all the twist of season 14? It could have been amazing . I imagine Lydia  going to f6 with Connor, going up for eviction then replacing  with him with the twist of the bank going in the final and winning? Or Deana being fake evicted then rientered and kicking some ass ? 

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2014, 11:03:21 AM »
Well I'm sure the twist of the safe house was thought and created because of Deana's situation inside the house during BB13. It would have been so great that she's fake evicted then re-enters (just to see the faces of the other housemates that hate her)) and finally rob the prize <3 that they have thought about this for BB14. (well actually I'm sure but maybe I' m completely wrong lol)

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2014, 11:09:17 AM »
Olympics killed BB13, probably WC will kill BB15 too.... :-[

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2014, 11:36:44 AM »
NAO

I hope you are wrong

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2014, 11:38:05 AM »
Quote from: Emilio
NAO

I hope you are wrong
Yeah, BB11 had 500.000 viewers more than BB10... :P

• Big Brother
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2014, 04:26:26 AM »
yeah it killed the viewers but the house dynamics were still better lol

I loved how BB 13 was like a NORMAL season with minumum of two up except for the random shit of Deana nominating three out of nowhere the first night and Conor. The Turf Wars week was probably the best week with two groups divided for funny and entertaining challenges and the one who won being immune <3 although I think one of my favorite moments was when they divided them in three groups another week in an EATING challenge and one group was the bacon witch Lauren, Luke A and BECKY, I mean BECKY, in an eating challenge who was a bitch but they had it in the bag, the two to of them were underdogs and were gonna get nominated BUT they didn't wanted Becky to have immunity so they threw the challenge  ::) It was orgasmic to the see the insiders take Lauren out that week by facing her with Luke A  and all the public bitter :D :D :D

Big Brother 13 UK | The Best Bits

please another season like this, I was so disappointed for BB 14

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: jakiki
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2014, 04:35:02 AM »
i love how everybody pretends BB12 never happened

• Big Brother
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2014, 04:38:21 AM »

I just started watching at BB 13 lol I only watched some clips of Rebeckah

Offline Rod

• Big Brother
  • Username: Rodd
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2014, 05:10:16 AM »
BB 12 was the only one I watched almost full. So boring.

BTW, Heaven, Louise and Jem were my faves.

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2014, 06:43:33 AM »
I seriously tried to watch BB12... I think I followed like 10 HLs show or even less lol. BB13 is the new SS3 :-* :-*

Offline Proth

• Winner
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2014, 07:21:27 AM »
Deana <3

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2014, 09:21:36 AM »
BB13 was so trash <33

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2014, 10:34:47 AM »
I didn't really like BB13, it was just a house full of mean people minus like 2 and terrible twists that killed the whole end of the show.

I think you all must have forgotten how mad you were when Conor "Get your epilator and stick it up your arse. We don’t give a fuck! Stick it up her fucking minge, stupid bastard. I’m gonna play loads of pranks on her. Fucking piece of shit. I don’t give a fuck if I’m pulled up to the Diary Room" walked out with 50.000£.

• Big Brother
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2014, 10:45:25 AM »
I didn't really like BB13, it was just a house full of mean people minus like 2 and terrible twists that killed the whole end of the show.

I think you all must have forgotten how mad you were when Conor "Get your epilator and stick it up your arse. We don’t give a fuck! Stick it up her fucking minge, stupid bastard. I’m gonna play loads of pranks on her. Fucking piece of shit. I don’t give a fuck if I’m pulled up to the Diary Room" walked out with 50.000£.

true, but overall it was a really good series for me and I probably I will re-watch it again

which two? Victoria and which one more?

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2014, 11:00:47 AM »

true, but overall it was a really good series for me and I probably I will re-watch it again

which two? Victoria and which one more?

Deana was a nice girl and I don't remember most of the housemates tbh

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2014, 01:48:51 PM »
Rylan Ross Clark        ✔ @Rylan
Follow
I've seen a certain house and it's UNREAL x

Offline Mike

• Finalist