Author Topic: The Book Thread  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Depths of Bloomfield

• Big Brother
  • Username: Beatriz_Trapote
The Book Thread
« on: November 05, 2013, 11:06:42 AM »
because Internet and TV is not our only guilty pleasure isn't it?

to be honest it's almost a century I don't read a book my myself because I don't have time with school's ones also in my list, well I read The Hunger Games and the sequel in summer because I had a lot of free time (I didn't watched the movie and I'm not going to do it, books >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> movies). The type of books I read now are between the XVI century and beginnings of the XX one. Next one I have to read for the next semester is the Tragicomedy of Calisto and Melibea and the old prostitute Celestina.  I had to read the 1000 pages of The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote of La Mancha and its sequel for last year, it's so OTT <3

I used to be a Harry Potter freak lol I also didn't watched all the movies although the first two are gold. My dream is to read all the sequels of The Wizard of Oz because it's one of my favourite histories ever. I also have ALL the Sherlock Holmes novels in my shelf to still read. I'm also interested on Anne Perry's mystery books because of her background as a murderer.

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • I only support vaginas!
Re: The Book Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 01:32:24 PM »
I'm currently reading "Diary of a Wimpy Kid", the 7th book. I only have to read the 2nd one, and I read all the collection.

I also read cartoons from Disney, which I buy every week. There are 3 editions: the normal, the Hiper (320 pages) and the Big (510 pages)

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: jakiki
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 09:28:20 AM »
I'm currently reading one of my favorite book for the 26541021 time : Madame Bovary. This book is soooo great.

Offline Danny

• Big Brother
  • Username: UltimateBigBrotherFan96
  • Peasants.
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 05:10:37 PM »
Quote from: André
I'm currently reading "Diary of a Wimpy Kid", the 7th book. I only have to read the 2nd one, and I read all the collection.

I also read cartoons from Disney, which I buy every week. There are 3 editions: the normal, the Hiper (320 pages) and the Big (510 pages)
I've read all of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, Love them :)

I've been reading Fast Food Nation, and I never wanna eat fast food again :D

Offline Markus

• Mole
  • Username: antos
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 08:47:13 PM »
I haven't read a book in ages...but I do like the works of Stephen King and Dean Koontz. My favourite is Koontz's False Memory.
Lost a planet Master Obi Wan has. How embarrassing.

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • I only support vaginas!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 09:20:32 AM »
Quote from: André

I've read all of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, Love them :)

I've been reading Fast Food Nation, and I never wanna eat fast food again :D
It is pretty good, I think too. :)
I LOVE The Biggest Loser, and is was so close to GODDESS Kim win her season. :'( :'( :'(

• Big Brother
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 03:30:57 PM »
I'm currently reading: The Holy Bible, before going to sleep, as the good Christian I'm going to be

• Big Brother
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 01:01:52 PM »
I have downloaded a book that collects all the funnies of the Argentinian cartoon Mafalda from its beginning to its end. I love it, she's so funny.

Offline DanielA

• Ultimate Housemate
  • Username: bbfan
  • A Traveller In Time
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 06:10:52 AM »
I prepare to (continue) read "Il nome della rosa" by Umberto Eco. I started to read almost 10 years ago and i`ve read at least 10 books so far after i put this book on pause...I hope that this time i will finish it. ;)

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jack (spare)
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 06:59:14 AM »
I'm reading a book called "Life After Life" by Kate Atkinson. I haven't gotten to any good parts yet but my spiteful mum spoiled some of the later parts, but by all accounts I cannot put it down.
"If I go, I'm taking you with me, you filthy old eunuchs!"

Offline DanielA

• Ultimate Housemate
  • A Traveller In Time
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 05:29:03 AM »
I'm reading a book called "Life After Life" by Kate Atkinson.

Someone could think that this is esoterics... :) By the way, i really love esoterics. So many interesting things you could read there. :-*

I really hope that this time i will finish "Il nome della rosa", its shame already that i read one book 10 years. :mad I guess that the book is not so attractive to me probably, because as i said, since i started to read this book i`ve read at least 10 other books. BTW, i realize the contrast between "Il nome..." and "Rosemary`s baby". I was 16 years old when i`ve read "Rosemary`s baby" for one night!!! They were two books actually, 1st and 2nd. I was so curious to understand if the neighbours of Rosemary practice some magic and calling the Devil. So, when a book is an interesting one, there is no problem to read.

Yesterday i also realized that i am obsessed by the old and rare books. Yesterday i bought "Hatter`s castle" by Cronin. The books is printed by "Foreign language publishing house" Moscow, 1960. And the book is in original language from the author (english). I love antique book stores when the books are not sorted yet. Then you could buy great books on shameless price. I bought this baby for 8 euros.
But sometimes i don't have such a luck. Once i bought hebrew book for 70 euros (20 pages), printed in Jerusalem 1984 but rare edition. It shows the history of alphabet and the roots of every letter. Well, i saw other book, again on hebrew, myths. And i guess that i have to seek deep in my pocket for it. I hope that i will be able to stop soon because i didn't imagine that i could build the Alexandrian library in my garage.

Offline DanielA

• Ultimate Housemate
  • A Traveller In Time
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 07:33:40 AM »
100 pages from "Il nome della rosa" are read...

Offline DanielA

• Ultimate Housemate
  • A Traveller In Time
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2016, 07:26:14 AM »
Someone noticed how many violence take place in the stories of Wilhelm Busch? I remember when i was a child i found it funny but even then some "red alert" was in my head. It's strange that the people consider it as literature for children. At least in Bulgaria it's for children. Isn't it strange?  ::)