Author Topic: Big Brother 9 Africa  (Read 24578 times)

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
  • Username: gabriel
Re: Big Brother 9 Africa
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2014, 10:34:11 PM »
Sorry for being brutally honest about this season, but the main twist is DUMB. Seriously, the cast will be by a bunch of wannabes? REALLY?!!!!

I thought that BB Africa would stop the crazy twists, but I guess I'm wrong. Fml.

Lol don't you think you're a little dramatic for someone who doesn't even know how it's gonna turn out?!

If anything I have nothing against watching talented people in big brother, doesn't mean they doesn't interact the sane way as just any talentless people. And let's be clear anybody in BB is a wannabe.
I agree that many people do BB are wannabes, and that's in most countries. Now, I don't understand how this all talented people house will actually work, and since in Africa there are always 28 housemates per season, it would be actually too much. I just think that casting average people is what it should be, not take the show as a talent show, as it would be mixing two different show concepts into one and that may not necessarily work properly.

I don't know I think DStv's plan now seems to be to have basic big brother season in their biggest national market, I heard words about new national African season; and then to have BB Africa be a little different, sort of a casa dos artistas. I think it makes more sense than to have country like South Africa having their own no marl big brother + a normal big brother Africa
And Angola too, even if Nigeria is much more bigger than Angola...

I don't think Nigeria are the closest to get a solo BB because it's not one of the biggest marker proportionally but you never know. I'd be here for it
You already visited Nigeria?
Yeah, i guess that Angola is more "developed" than Nigeria...

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2014, 10:40:57 PM »
Also Nigeria has an huge Islamic population...

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: jakiki
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2014, 10:45:40 PM »
Sorry for being brutally honest about this season, but the main twist is DUMB. Seriously, the cast will be by a bunch of wannabes? REALLY?!!!!

I thought that BB Africa would stop the crazy twists, but I guess I'm wrong. Fml.

Lol don't you think you're a little dramatic for someone who doesn't even know how it's gonna turn out?!

If anything I have nothing against watching talented people in big brother, doesn't mean they doesn't interact the sane way as just any talentless people. And let's be clear anybody in BB is a wannabe.
I agree that many people do BB are wannabes, and that's in most countries. Now, I don't understand how this all talented people house will actually work, and since in Africa there are always 28 housemates per season, it would be actually too much. I just think that casting average people is what it should be, not take the show as a talent show, as it would be mixing two different show concepts into one and that may not necessarily work properly.

I don't know I think DStv's plan now seems to be to have basic big brother season in their biggest national market, I heard words about new national African season; and then to have BB Africa be a little different, sort of a casa dos artistas. I think it makes more sense than to have country like South Africa having their own no marl big brother + a normal big brother Africa
And Angola too, even if Nigeria is much more bigger than Angola...

I don't think Nigeria are the closest to get a solo BB because it's not one of the biggest marker proportionally but you never know. I'd be here for it
You already visited Nigeria?
Yeah, i guess that Angola is more "developed" than Nigeria...

I've only ever been to Abuja quickly but what I meant was that even thought the country is one of the biggest in the world, i don't think DStv is powerful enough there to launch a successful season based only on this country

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • I only support vaginas!
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2014, 12:20:54 PM »
Nigeria had already a BB of their own. :P

Offline Brekkie

• Winner

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2014, 01:33:41 AM »
It isn't a twist lol. But so sad :'(

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • Username: marie44
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2014, 02:19:37 AM »
Have Sierra Leone and Nigeria pulled out? Like Ebola scare and all? 

and the house burning :o

In terms of being developed, Nigeria is one of the fastest developing countries in Africa, thanks to oil ;D

but yeah the whole population of Nigeria is too diverse, proportional distribution of both Muslim and christian populations....
FUTURE AFP OF BB19

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2014, 02:25:34 AM »
Quote from: marie
Have Sierra Leone and Nigeria pulled out? Like Ebola scare and all? 

and the house burning (Image removed from quote.)

In terms of being developed, Nigeria is one of the fastest developing countries in Africa, thanks to oil (Image removed from quote.)

but yeah the whole population of Nigeria is too diverse, proportional distribution of both Muslim and christian populations....
Yeah, but Nigeria's population is 170 million, and Angola with 21 million is getting much more developed than Nigeria... :P

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • Username: marie44
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2014, 02:27:15 AM »
Quote from: Gabriel
Quote from: marieHave Sierra Leone and Nigeria pulled out? Like Ebola scare and all? 

and the house burning (Image removed from quote.)

In terms of being developed, Nigeria is one of the fastest developing countries in Africa, thanks to oil (Image removed from quote.)

but yeah the whole population of Nigeria is too diverse, proportional distribution of both Muslim and christian populations....Yeah, but Nigeria's population is 170 million, and Angola with 21 million is getting much more developed than Nigeria... (Image removed from quote.)

Yeah that's true, ethnic clashes is still a major problem in Nigeira especially in the north
FUTURE AFP OF BB19

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2014, 05:39:23 PM »
So as they're looking for another location what are their options?   Is the Mzansi South Africa house the same one as used in BB Africa, or could that be a real possibility?

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2014, 05:51:13 PM »
So as they're looking for another location what are their options?   Is the Mzansi South Africa house the same one as used in BB Africa, or could that be a real possibility?

it was the same house. BB Angola was the same house too... I think the smartest and quickest idea would be to just move it from Sasani Studios to Q Studios and i think it might be their plan

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2014, 12:13:14 AM »
Quote from: André
It isn't a twist lol. 
someone should learn to understand cynism I guess. 

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2014, 11:44:27 PM »
According to Matt at BB Spy (and sourced) the Bigg Boss house in India was also destroyed by fire in January.   I hadn't heard that one - I thought two in a year was spooky, but three (and nearly 4 with the Australian house just a couple of hundred metres from bushfires) in the space of a year is shocking, especially when to my knowledge at least none have been destroyed in the 15 years before that.

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2014, 11:53:54 PM »
Quote from: Brekkie
According to Matt at BB Spy (and sourced) the Bigg Boss house in India was also destroyed by fire in January.  
Really? :o

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2014, 12:01:27 AM »
Only BBBrazil and BB Australia that the house still in the same place since season 1...

BBUK= Moved to Elstree in 2002
BBUS= Moved to the other side of CBS Studios in 2006
GH Spain= The 1st season was in Soto del Real, only on season 2 it was moved to Guadalix
Germany= Had 3 different locations in Colgne, then in Berlin last year, and 2014 once again in Cologne
Italy= The fire this year...
Portugal= Was destroyed in 2006, and was rebuilt in 2010
France= Moved to the roof in 2014

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2014, 07:25:09 PM »
Only BBBrazil and BB Australia that the house still in the same place since season 1...

GH Spain= The 1st season was in Soto del Real, only on season 2 it was moved to Guadalix
Germany= Had 3 different locations in Colgne, then in Berlin last year, and 2014 once again in Cologne
interesting. thank you. do you know if Loft Story France used the same house as Secret Story afterwards?

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2014, 07:33:41 PM »

interesting. thank you. do you know if Loft Story France used the same house as Secret Story afterwards?
No idea lol, Jaki can explain...

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2014, 10:33:45 PM »

No idea lol, Jaki can explain...

both were on the Plaine Saint Denis' studios but not at the same exact place. Where Loft Story was another show has now been shooting there since right after LS stopped

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2014, 12:39:16 AM »
Following the devastating fire on 2 September 2014 at the Big Brother house in Johannesburg, M-Net and Endemol SA have spent the last 48 hours searching both locally and internationally for a venue in which to produce Season 9 of the highly popular Big Brother Africa reality show. After exploring all possible options, the team are delighted to announce that the show will go on as a venue has been found to get the show on air within the next month.

A multitude of factors have had to be considered including the complex technical requirements, logistics, technical crews and satellite link facilities which have all formed part of the challenge. However, M-Net is delighted to assure all its Big Brother fans that their favourite reality show will launch soon and thanks fans from across the continent for their support during the last two days.

http://bigbrotherafrica.dstv.com/News/39175/Press-Release-The-show-goes-on!.html

smells like a publicity stung   #justsayin

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2014, 09:29:09 PM »
New launch date is 5th of October and new house is located in Johannesburg (most likely in Q Studios like i said they should...).

http://bigbrotherafrica.dstv.com/News/39185/Press-Release-House-and-launch-date-confirmed!

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2014, 06:45:22 AM »
The season has been shortened to 63 days :(

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2014, 08:27:21 PM »
They revealed the first 3 housemates :

"Ellah is a sales assistant with a BSc in Business Computing from Nsambya, Uganda. She lists her favourite foods as ravioli, rice and chicken and her favourite books as Think Like A Man, Act Like A Lady, and Nice Girls Don’t Get Rich. She enjoys watching Reality shows like Real Housewives of Atlanta, New York and Orange County. Her favourite singers include India Arie, August Alsina, Beyonce, Rihanna and Sam Smith.

Her favourite place in Uganda is the Lake Bunyonyi Resort and she says that the best thing about Africa is “the warmness of the people”. Ellah has 12 siblings and her Mom is her role Sole model.

Ellah is mostly proud of having become Miss Uganda 2013/14. She says, “it was a stiff competition and a strong test for me”. She was inspired to enter Big Brother Hotshots because “it unites Africa and is also a platform for me to advance”. She says that she’s “super excited and is looking forward to being on the show”.

Ellah describes herself as “charismatic, bitchy, outspoken, loving and sophisticated”, and says that she’s a very determined person. She also says to love charismatic people and values honesty and joyfulness in others. She specifically detests “lies and fake people”."

http://bigbrotherafrica.dstv.com/video/630764/interview-with-ellah

"Butterphly (what an unfortunate name...) is a producer, radio and television presenter from Harare, Zimbabwe. She lists her favourite foods as meat, pasta with cheese, black-eyed peas and eggs. Her favourite books include the Bible, The Firm, The Long Goodbye, and the Sherlock Holmes series. She likes to watch Chopped, 24, Intelligence and Big Brother Africa.

“Being on Big Brother Africa will allow me to take the opportunity to market myself and expand my brand’, explains Butterphly on why she entered the show. She says that she won’t use “backstabbing and cheating or immoral and unethical methods” to get the prize. If she wins, she’ll send her sister, brother and kids to really good schools, start a chain of unique food, social and fashion hangout joints and take her mom shopping.

Describing herself as unique, feisty, mysterious and witty, Butterphly says that people are always shocked when they discover that she’s humble and compassionate. She likes people with a sense of humour, honour and truthfulness, and dislikes pretenders.

Butterphly says that she’s inspired from all sorts of people. ‘Ordinary, young, dead, legends – in everyone’s life story I try to extract important lessons like resilience, faith, strength etc. I learn as much as I can from the people I meet or read about,’ he says."

http://bigbrotherafrica.dstv.com/video/630754/interview-with-butterphly

"Actor, radio drama director and MC, Alusa from Nairobi, Kenya, is married and has three children. His favourite food is ugali with chicken stew and traditional vegetables. He likes watching National Geographic and Nollywood movies on TV and enjoys African music including Mafikizolo and Salif Keita. He loves the movie Training Day which stars his favourite actor Denzel Washington.He describes himself as “ambitious, out-spoken and mysterious”, and likes people who have a good sense of humour. He doesn’t, on the other hand, enjoy people who “emit negative energy” he says.
He entered Big Brother Hotshots for the exposure and the intrigue of living with total strangers in a tight space all the while sharing his lifestyle with a huge audience. Alusa is looking forward to having Africa watch him. He says “I’m an artist and a performer, so I love the attention. I’m not in the least bit intimidated, in fact, I’m thrilled.”

Alusa lists Mombasa and his village of Kakamega as his favourite places in Kenya, because they’re both exotic and have a rich culture. Outside of Africa, his favourite place is Brazil because “Rich culture, beautiful women, sweet samba music, festivals, food – I could go on and on,” he says."

http://bigbrotherafrica.dstv.com/video/630734/interview-with-alusa

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2014, 08:29:52 PM »
They're already on hotel? :o

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2014, 08:31:16 PM »
They revealed the first 3 housemates :

(Image removed from quote.)

"Ellah is a sales assistant with a BSc in Business Computing from Nsambya, Uganda. She lists her favourite foods as ravioli, rice and chicken and her favourite books as Think Like A Man, Act Like A Lady, and Nice Girls Don’t Get Rich. She enjoys watching Reality shows like Real Housewives of Atlanta, New York and Orange County. Her favourite singers include India Arie, August Alsina, Beyonce, Rihanna and Sam Smith.

Her favourite place in Uganda is the Lake Bunyonyi Resort and she says that the best thing about Africa is “the warmness of the people”. Ellah has 12 siblings and her Mom is her role Sole model.

Ellah is mostly proud of having become Miss Uganda 2013/14. She says, “it was a stiff competition and a strong test for me”. She was inspired to enter Big Brother Hotshots because “it unites Africa and is also a platform for me to advance”. She says that she’s “super excited and is looking forward to being on the show”.

Ellah describes herself as “charismatic, bitchy, outspoken, loving and sophisticated”, and says that she’s a very determined person. She also says to love charismatic people and values honesty and joyfulness in others. She specifically detests “lies and fake people”."

http://bigbrotherafrica.dstv.com/video/630764/interview-with-ellah

"Butterphly (what an unfortunate name...) is a producer, radio and television presenter from Harare, Zimbabwe. She lists her favourite foods as meat, pasta with cheese, black-eyed peas and eggs. Her favourite books include the Bible, The Firm, The Long Goodbye, and the Sherlock Holmes series. She likes to watch Chopped, 24, Intelligence and Big Brother Africa.

“Being on Big Brother Africa will allow me to take the opportunity to market myself and expand my brand’, explains Butterphly on why she entered the show. She says that she won’t use “backstabbing and cheating or immoral and unethical methods” to get the prize. If she wins, she’ll send her sister, brother and kids to really good schools, start a chain of unique food, social and fashion hangout joints and take her mom shopping.

Describing herself as unique, feisty, mysterious and witty, Butterphly says that people are always shocked when they discover that she’s humble and compassionate. She likes people with a sense of humour, honour and truthfulness, and dislikes pretenders.

Butterphly says that she’s inspired from all sorts of people. ‘Ordinary, young, dead, legends – in everyone’s life story I try to extract important lessons like resilience, faith, strength etc. I learn as much as I can from the people I meet or read about,’ he says."

http://bigbrotherafrica.dstv.com/video/630754/interview-with-butterphly

"Actor, radio drama director and MC, Alusa from Nairobi, Kenya, is married and has three children. His favourite food is ugali with chicken stew and traditional vegetables. He likes watching National Geographic and Nollywood movies on TV and enjoys African music including Mafikizolo and Salif Keita. He loves the movie Training Day which stars his favourite actor Denzel Washington.He describes himself as “ambitious, out-spoken and mysterious”, and likes people who have a good sense of humour. He doesn’t, on the other hand, enjoy people who “emit negative energy” he says.
He entered Big Brother Hotshots for the exposure and the intrigue of living with total strangers in a tight space all the while sharing his lifestyle with a huge audience. Alusa is looking forward to having Africa watch him. He says “I’m an artist and a performer, so I love the attention. I’m not in the least bit intimidated, in fact, I’m thrilled.”

Alusa lists Mombasa and his village of Kakamega as his favourite places in Kenya, because they’re both exotic and have a rich culture. Outside of Africa, his favourite place is Brazil because “Rich culture, beautiful women, sweet samba music, festivals, food – I could go on and on,” he says."

http://bigbrotherafrica.dstv.com/video/630734/interview-with-alusa

We've a favourite between brazilians! :P

I'm so proud they still did the show after that horrible incident. :-\