Author Topic: Big Brother 9 Finland  (Read 25724 times)

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: jakiki
Re: Big Brother 9 Finland
« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2014, 05:48:15 PM »
Quote from: Basilisk (née CMW)
someone tell me what that woman is doing in the house
yeah I second that - what is she doing? And even if she's worse than Evel Dicks grandma the finished audience that proves that this doesn't mean she couldn't win as Teija did.

I never said she was evil or something, she just is bossy at worst and rude but nothing crazy. Mostly she just isn't interesting or likeable but lets be honest, in Finland all you need is for you whole family to spend 10€ when you're nominated and you're saved so..

Offline Markus

• Mole
  • Username: antos
« Reply #151 on: October 13, 2014, 03:25:23 AM »
Quote from: GrahamUKFan
The fifth guy in a row was evicted and Tuulikki survived her 6th time nominated in a row. Maybe she'll set a new record? After last  [regular] season we know that Finland has a heart for seasoned women.
Setting a record is impossible, I think. Haven't counted that far, but what I do know this season will be a bit shorter. It has now been confirmed, that the finale will be on November 14 and therefore the season will last for 83 days. There's an ad on the official site.

Lost a planet Master Obi Wan has. How embarrassing.

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2014, 01:23:16 PM »
Some updates. On Monday evening Jonathan threatened to walk. He was really pissed off about the award task. Amongst a few other things. He didn't even care about the rules anymore at that point. Nothing happened though...he's still in the house. I don't think he was even penalized for violating the rules. Jonathan also really had a go at Tuulikki on Monday. He was really fed up with Tuulikki constantly criticizing some of the other HMs. And was really roasting Tuulikki face to face.

Operation Autumn Storm begins next week. It will last for 6 days. Four volunteers will take part of this challenge. The prize is immunity for 2 weeks. The week of the storm and the following week. As said before, there is a risk involved. There's an own set of rules in the challenge. Whoever will go and take the challenge will have to do everything as told. With the attitude to win. In the announcement it was said, that the Quarry was child's play comparing to what the 4 volunteers will face. If there's more than 4 to volunteer, the HMs have 2 nights to sleep over who will be given the chance. They will make the decision themselves. On Friday they will give the names. They will have 24 hours to change the lineup. Whoever will be going will be under the rules of the operation from the moment their names have been given to BB. That is: one violation of the operation rules will result in a warning. Two violations will lead to auto nomination. And third to ejection.  In the case one of the chosen break the rules enough to earn at least auto nomination while still inside the house the HMs will select a replacement to go to the task-area.

This week there are no normal nominations. The upcoming weekly task will determine, who will be up for eviction. We will have all of the nominees on Sunday. It's not yet known to the public, how exactly the weekly task will be instrumental in all this.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 02:32:30 PM by Markus »

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2014, 05:35:30 PM »
I'm not quite sure, what's going on. But I think at least one mass eviction is going to happen. A month to go and we have 14 housemates in the house.

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #154 on: October 17, 2014, 02:29:35 PM »
Armi is the first HM to be up for eviction this week.

The weekly task is Cagebirds. The HMs are in a prison. At the beginning of the task the teams selected 3 HMs of the other side to be Sentenced. In Basement the Sentenced are Armi, Anna and Jonna. From Mansion Joonas, Leyla and Jussi. Once one of the sentenced loose a challenge, they are no longer in the game. It is then the boss of their own side to decide, who will be put up to eviction. If the boss is unable to do so, the team will vote. From those 6 HMs competing 3 will be up for eviction. The winning team will choose one of their own to be safe from eviction. Mansion chose Leyla to be safe.

Pertti, Andte, Jonna and Tuulikki have been chosen by the HMs to take the Operation Autumn Storm challenge. One of them can still call it off and another HM will be in their place. In this case Dani would be the first replacement. Saturday is the deadline. Also, if any of those 4 violate the rules twice or are up for eviction for any other reason that HM will be replaced.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 02:48:41 PM by Markus »

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #155 on: October 18, 2014, 12:48:54 PM »
Anna is the 2nd HM to be up for eviction this week. Mansion chose to save Joonas.

Also...as a penalty for violating the rules Dani and Jenna were already wearing plugs. Now their sex was shown to all of the HMs. They've categorically denied they've had sex. That's over.

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #156 on: October 18, 2014, 12:57:39 PM »
Anna is the 2nd HM to be up for eviction this week. Mansion chose to save Joonas.

Also...as a penalty for violating the rules Dani and Jenna were already wearing plugs. Now their sex was shown to all of the HMs. They've categorically denied they've had sex. That's over.

what the fuck ? They've showed them having sex to the whole house as a "penalty" ?!

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #157 on: October 18, 2014, 01:50:10 PM »
Yeah...the production here are trying to do drama where there is none. Dani and Jenna are the only couple this year. BB has done everything they can to keep them apart.

Operation Autumn Storm. Jonna, Andte, Pertti and Tuulikki were locked as the participants.

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • I only support vaginas!
« Reply #158 on: October 18, 2014, 01:59:56 PM »
Tell me a drama/fight that happened in the season, if there was one. ::)

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #159 on: October 18, 2014, 02:18:52 PM »
Quote from: André
Tell me a drama/fight that happened in the season, if there was one.
Leyla and Nimo vs. Jarno. Jonathan vs. Tuulikki. Jonathan vs. pretty much everyone. The fights are more vocabular this year.

One thing all of you have to remember...the prize is the biggest ever in this little country. This will and has resulted in the housemates be a bit careful. I don't really care. For me this has been one of the best seasons we've had.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 02:26:23 PM by Markus »

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #160 on: October 19, 2014, 07:16:10 AM »
ANNA, ARMI and JONNA are up for eviction.

Dani got his final warning. The next time he violates the rules, he will be automatically nominated. And he will take Jenna with him.

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #161 on: October 19, 2014, 01:25:27 PM »
Jonna has been evicted.

Percentages:

Anna 37.84%
Armi 33.61%
Jonna 28.55%

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #162 on: October 19, 2014, 04:05:57 PM »
Quote from: Markus
Quote from: AndréTell me a drama/fight that happened in the season, if there was one. Leyla and Nimo vs. Jarno. Jonathan vs. Tuulikki. Jonathan vs. pretty much everyone. The fights are more vocabular this year.

One thing all of you have to remember...the prize is the biggest ever in this little country. This will and has resulted in the housemates be a bit careful. I don't really care. For me this has been one of the best seasons we've had.
You know, its interesting when all the users here complain about seasons of countries whom's language they don't even understand while the locals actually enjoy it. Its such a WoBB thing, that happened quite often in the past and which I certainly don't get.

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2014, 04:10:10 PM »
Quote from: Markus
Quote from: AndréTell me a drama/fight that happened in the season, if there was one. Leyla and Nimo vs. Jarno. Jonathan vs. Tuulikki. Jonathan vs. pretty much everyone. The fights are more vocabular this year.

You know, its interesting when all the users here complain about seasons of countries whom's language they don't even understand while the locals actually enjoy it. Its such a WoBB thing, that happened quite often in the past and which I certainly don't get.

because we don't fall for the sheep effect we're wrong ?

BB15 US was successful and it's still shit.

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #164 on: October 19, 2014, 04:39:00 PM »
Quote from: Jaki
Quote from: GrahamUKFan on Today at 04:05:57 PMQuote from: MarkusQuote from: AndréTell me a drama/fight that happened in the season, if there was one. Leyla and Nimo vs. Jarno. Jonathan vs. Tuulikki. Jonathan vs. pretty much everyone. The fights are more vocabular this year.

One thing all of you have to remember...the prize is the biggest ever in this little country. This will and has resulted in the housemates be a bit careful. I don't really care. For me this has been one of the best seasons we've had.You know, its interesting when all the users here complain about seasons of countries whom's language they don't even understand while the locals actually enjoy it. Its such a WoBB thing, that happened quite often in the past and which I certainly don't get.

first - everyone is entitled to their own opinion and second - given we all speak and understand english quite well its also much easier to understand that show. but given (or at least I assume it) none of the international users here speak Finnish or Kannada, yet there have been quite a lot of bad comments about those shows, I really wonder why it makes you all so sure that you're able to judge those shows. Especially since every country has their own culture which influences the coverage, edit, behaviour of the HMs etc.
Every BB is made for its own regional market and if I would only follow it via google translations and feel bored i wouldn't dare to judge it if local BB seem to enjoy the show because I guess than it has achieved its goal. ???

Offline Rod

• Big Brother
  • Username: Rodd
« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2014, 06:38:47 PM »
I agree with Graham.

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #166 on: October 19, 2014, 08:19:56 PM »
Quote from: Jaki
Quote from: GrahamUKFan on Today at 04:05:57 PMQuote from: MarkusQuote from: AndréTell me a drama/fight that happened in the season, if there was one. Leyla and Nimo vs. Jarno. Jonathan vs. Tuulikki. Jonathan vs. pretty much everyone. The fights are more vocabular this year.

One thing all of you have to remember...the prize is the biggest ever in this little country. This will and has resulted in the housemates be a bit careful. I don't really care. For me this has been one of the best seasons we've had.You know, its interesting when all the users here complain about seasons of countries whom's language they don't even understand while the locals actually enjoy it. Its such a WoBB thing, that happened quite often in the past and which I certainly don't get.

first - everyone is entitled to their own opinion and second - given we all speak and understand english quite well its also much easier to understand that show. but given (or at least I assume it) none of the international users here speak Finnish or Kannada, yet there have been quite a lot of bad comments about those shows, I really wonder why it makes you all so sure that you're able to judge those shows. Especially since every country has their own culture which influences the coverage, edit, behaviour of the HMs etc.
Every BB is made for its own regional market and if I would only follow it via google translations and feel bored i wouldn't dare to judge it if local BB seem to enjoy the show because I guess than it has achieved its goal. ???

I agree with you on Bigg Boss Kannada. But as far as BB Finland goes I have to disagree. If one doesn't understand much Finnish but watched the last four edition, I believe one is able to judge if a season is technically less entertaining than the other.
Not everybody will be entertained by the same things, to each his own, and my opinion only is mine but when I watch a show that used to entertain me and now bores me, I feel like it speak for itself.

I agree also with you on the fact that if you don't know about something you shouldn't express your opinion. But I do know about this.

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #167 on: October 20, 2014, 03:47:28 AM »
While I find this season quite entertaining at times, it still isn't the best we've had. For me seasons 1-3 were much better. This season just isn't so bad. But...as said before, the ratings are not so good anymore. I do think, that we'll have another season next year though. But unfortunately I don't see BB Finland living for much longer. I think we will have an All-Stars edition before the show is axed. That's just me speculating...I could be wrong.

To the current news: the house will be united today. No more Basement and Mansion. Also, since Jonna was evicted Jonathan was selected as a replacement to Operation Autumn Storm. So the lineup now is Andte, Pertti, Tuulikki and Jonathan.

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #168 on: October 20, 2014, 10:43:03 AM »
The cage is now gone. The HMs will have a party.

Offline DarkFireYoshi

• Winner
  • I am addicted to random facts
« Reply #169 on: October 20, 2014, 11:18:59 AM »
I was looking at the Wikipedia article. Since there are two Jussis, should we called then Jussi Ka. and Jussi Ke.?

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #170 on: October 20, 2014, 11:35:47 AM »
Quote from: DarkFireYoshi
I was looking at the Wikipedia article. Since there are two Jussis, should we called then Jussi Ka. and Jussi Ke.?
Good point. I don't really know. There's only one Jussi in the house now. But...perhaps it would be a bit clearer, if the two persons named Jussi would be addressed as you suggested here.

Or maybe Jussi Kettunen could be referred to as SLJ. Which stands for Suuri Luontainen Johtaja (=The Great Natural Leader). This is a nickname Jussi Kettunen got while he was in the house. From some of the fans.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 11:45:37 AM by Markus »

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #171 on: October 21, 2014, 09:24:16 AM »
Dani is the 1st HM to be up for eviction this week. He was automatically nominated for rule violations.

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #172 on: October 23, 2014, 06:39:17 AM »
Big Brother decided to let Tuulikki back in the house for health reasons. So she's no longer in Operation Autumn storm. Also, Pertti has received his first strike for rule violations.

This week (like last week) the HM will not nominate. Like last week the nominees (apart of Dani) will be decided by the results of this weeks task. Which is a murder mystery. The public voted for one HM to be the murderer. The chosen HM then will choose their victim's. Or they already have chosen Joni to be their first victim. The results of the public vote have not been revealed, so the mystery killer is just as much of a mystery to us as it is to the HMs. All we do know, it can't be Dani or the 3 guys in the Storm (Andte, Jonathan and Pertti). Those 4 can't be chosen as victims either.

The victims then will try to figure out, who the killer is. BB will give clues throughout the task. If they guess the murderer correctly, the murderer will be up for eviction. However, if the victims guess wrong they will be up for eviction themselves together with the falsely accused.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:45:55 AM by Markus »

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • I only support vaginas!
« Reply #173 on: October 23, 2014, 10:48:38 AM »
They copying Denmark LOL

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #174 on: October 23, 2014, 12:06:10 PM »
Quote from: André
They copying Denmark LOL
Yeah well...the production did say before the season started that most of the tasks will be blatantly copied from other countries. They have been mostly copied previous years also. This just is the first time the season was advertised as such.

The thing is, that most of the viewers here don't know this. Including me. I haven't really followed BB Denmark enough to have known, this was copied from them. I did have feeling though, that it's a copy from another BB. I don't really care either. I actually like this task. For me this is one of the best tasks we've had. I just like a good mystery. I like to speculate.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 12:13:49 PM by Markus »