Author Topic: Big Brother 17 USA  (Read 68502 times)

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
  • Username: gabriel
Big Brother 17 USA
« on: September 25, 2014, 02:22:04 AM »
CBS has ordered two more seasons of Big Brother, which will keep the reality series on the air through the summer of 2016. The network announced the renewal on Wednesday afternoon, just hours before Season 16's 90-minute season finale.
According to CBS, the series — which premiered on the network in 2000 and is hosted by Julie Chen — averaged 7.56 million viewers this season, up from 7.39 million last summer.  All three of the series' weekly airings are among the top 10 programs of the summer in the 18-49 demographic, which makes me miss the good old days when we used to venture outdoors during the summer months. Remember outside?

n addition to the two-year renewal, Big Brother After Dark, an after-show that offers a late-night look inside the House, was renewed for one season. It will air exclusively on POP, a new cable network (currently known as TVGN) launching in 2015.
Are you excited for more Big Brother?

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Big-Brother-Renewed-1087535.aspx

The cast:

Austin (30, Woodland Hills, CA)

John (27, Scranton, PA) - EVICTED 10

Julia (23, Miami, FL)

Liz (23, Miami, FL)

Steve (22, Gouverneur, NY)

Vanessa (32, Las Vegas, NV)

James (31, Sumter, SC) - EVICTED 12

Meg (25, Collingswood, NJ) - EVICTED 11

Becky (26, Denver, CO) - EVICTED 9

Jackie (27, Los Angeles, CA) - EVICTED 8

Shelli (33, Marietta, GA) - EVICTED 7

Clay (23, Dickinson, TX) - EVICTED 6

Jason (25, Fall River, MA) - EVICTED 5

Audrey (25, Villa Rica, GA) - EVICTED 4

Jeff (26, Tampa, FL) - EVICTED 3

Da'Vonne (27, Inglewood, CA) - EVICTED 2

Jace (23, Dunwoody, GA) - EVICTED 1
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 03:06:59 PM by joako »

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
Re: Big Brother 17 USA
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 09:04:17 AM »

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 12:01:31 PM »
First of all, it seems that CBS is liking the way that 90+ day season have been working the past two years, I guess that fans were waiting more BB to enjoy, I don't think that BB Canada will last that long as Global is the official BB US channel in Canada.

Also, the two-part premiere thing is EXTREMELY ANNOYING!!!!! They all enter the exact same day. Omfg. If it was done live instead, it'll be more interesting, but taped and shown in two parts is for me unbareable. Too much, too annoying. Seems that last season's dual HOH twist may be repeated (WHY IN THE FREAKINGGGGGGG LOVEEEEEE OFFFFF GODDDDDDDD?!).

Anyway, can't wait to hear what they're coming up with for this season.
:) Live happy every day!!! <3

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 12:42:55 PM »
I do think 90 days is about right - never really understood why CBS held the show back until July and then had to mess around with the final weeks schedule as the new season began.  

Agree the "two night premiere" tag is annoying but doesn't mean they'll do the same thing (although I do think Battle of the Block will remain in some form).   I would rather they did it live and had the first night with the HGs moving in and perhaps starting an endurance HoH, then the second night being the conclusion of that.

Offline Proth

• Winner
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 01:42:26 PM »
Quote from: BBDR16
Seems that last season's dual HOH twist may be repeated (WHY IN THE FREAKINGGGGGGG LOVEEEEEE OFFFFF GODDDDDDDD?!).

Oh god please no :( 

Offline QueenV

• Big Brother
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 03:29:12 AM »
UGH, I hate the double premiere and hopefully they learned from last season and stop with the two HoH shit   :mad

That fucking twist ruined BB16. The worst season EVER, we can criticize other shitty seasons like BB12 but at least the boot order wasn't spoiled like this one. I knew since Jocasta's eviction that Derrick and his two goats would make the final 3 ::)

And btw, they better cast strong girls this season. Last summer was a joke, the only two girls who tried to do something were Joey (and she was the first boot, lol) and Nicole (too late) but the rest were used and dumped by the boys...

SHUT UP, GO MAKE SOME RICE

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 03:47:22 AM »
I must say that after almost 10 years producing BB, Grodner needs to step out. This BB needs some major changes in order to still be likeable year after year. Girl, bye!!!
:) Live happy every day!!! <3

Offline Danny

• Big Brother
  • Username: UltimateBigBrotherFan96
  • Peasants.
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 04:52:13 AM »
90 day season - Very good. Unless it is as bad as BB16.
2 HoH - .....
Double premiere - vomit.

Can we just have an all female season? OR AN ALL STARS 2 SERIOUSLY.

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 10:35:16 PM »
TBH the least two seasons have been nearly unbearable to watch (BB15 due to all the racist scandals and that the villians overtook when jury house opened and BB16 because it was a major fail from start to finish). I seriously consider not watching this year (BB Canada seems like a more than solid replacement tbh). Year after year we pray and hope that Grodner finally goes or gets fired but it all remains the same. The fans are frustrated but it keeps getting ignored. This show is a lost case imho.

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: jakiki
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 11:14:23 PM »
TBH the least two seasons have been nearly unbearable to watch (BB15 due to all the racist scandals and that the villians overtook when jury house opened and BB16 because it was a major fail from start to finish). I seriously consider not watching this year (BB Canada seems like a more than solid replacement tbh). Year after year we pray and hope that Grodner finally goes or gets fired but it all remains the same. The fans are frustrated but it keeps getting ignored. This show is a lost case imho.

BBCAN2's cast is criminally overrated though, 80% of it was trash. People only remember Neda, Ika, Sabrina, John, Adel and that blond girl and ignore the rest + all the stunts from the prod.

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 10:21:26 PM »
Quote from: Jackie
Quote from: GrahamUKFan on March 04, 2015, 04:35:16 PMTBH the least two seasons have been nearly unbearable to watch (BB15 due to all the racist scandals and that the villians overtook when jury house opened and BB16 because it was a major fail from start to finish). I seriously consider not watching this year (BB Canada seems like a more than solid replacement tbh). Year after year we pray and hope that Grodner finally goes or gets fired but it all remains the same. The fans are frustrated but it keeps getting ignored. This show is a lost case imho.
BBCAN2's cast is criminally overrated though, 80% of it was trash. People only remember Neda, Ika, Sabrina, John, Adel and that blond girl and ignore the rest + all the stunts from the prod.
I disagree. Even when it wasn't as good as season one it was still a solid one and much more back to basic in that game than recent BB seasons. I think thats what people like about it more than it being over-the-top-or overdramatic because it wasn't. just much more natural.

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 11:00:58 PM »
Quote from: Jackie
Quote from: GrahamUKFan on March 04, 2015, 04:35:16 PMTBH the least two seasons have been nearly unbearable to watch (BB15 due to all the racist scandals and that the villians overtook when jury house opened and BB16 because it was a major fail from start to finish). I seriously consider not watching this year (BB Canada seems like a more than solid replacement tbh). Year after year we pray and hope that Grodner finally goes or gets fired but it all remains the same. The fans are frustrated but it keeps getting ignored. This show is a lost case imho.

That's the case though with every memorable cast - you only really remember 4 or 5 of them.   I'd already forgotten about Ika and Sabrina to be honest.

I thought BB16 was a return to form and I loved that after years of doing absolutely nothing to shake up the format (other than casting or duo twists) they actually did something quite major last year and even stuck with it for much longer than usual.   It wasn't perfect - I'd have scrapped the Veto as well so it all lies on Battle of the Block and had more consequences for the losing HoH (at least make a Have Not), but it was the best twist they've come up with in years.    Agree though Grodner should have gone years ago.   Sadly all her other shows flop so she always goes back to the day job.

Offline Mike

• Finalist
  • Username: BB4Lyfe
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 01:34:17 PM »
The split launch does make me think that they are gonna continue the 2 HOH format but hopefully with a slight twist.

I can see them doing something with two teams (possibly a fans vs. faves situation). 8 Fans and 8 Faves. 1 person from each group wins HOH, nominates two people from the other group and then the Battle of the Block occurs. Lets say the 2 Fans win, the entire fan group becomes immune and makes it possible for only a fave to leave that week. This could happen for maybe the first 4 weeks and then dissolve the groups but continue the 2 HOH format until like the 8th week which they did in BB16. And this could even happen with all new people but I hope a twist like this happens to the format (if they even keep the 2 HOH thing lol)

Offline QueenV

• Big Brother
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2015, 04:55:18 PM »
The split launch does make me think that they are gonna continue the 2 HOH format but hopefully with a slight twist.

I can see them doing something with two teams (possibly a fans vs. faves situation). 8 Fans and 8 Faves. 1 person from each group wins HOH, nominates two people from the other group and then the Battle of the Block occurs. Lets say the 2 Fans win, the entire fan group becomes immune and makes it possible for only a fave to leave that week. This could happen for maybe the first 4 weeks and then dissolve the groups but continue the 2 HOH format until like the 8th week which they did in BB16. And this could even happen with all new people but I hope a twist like this happens to the format (if they even keep the 2 HOH thing lol)

Well, I kinda like it but Grodner's going to protect her pets and the majority of newbies will be sent packing ::)
I don't get how they can repeat this horrible twist. I want All newbies and a new twist or All-Stars but not mixed.

SHUT UP, GO MAKE SOME RICE

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 05:37:11 AM »

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • Username: marie44
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 03:20:16 PM »
We all know Grodner's definition for "favorites" LOL

If it's really FvF instinctively rooting for fans
FUTURE AFP OF BB19

Offline JustinBieberDingus

• Big Brother
  • Username: Trevor
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 05:17:31 PM »
That promo has been there.

I wonder if this season would be better than last season!

Jøsêttö

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 06:19:20 PM »
I am sure at 100% it'd be better. :)
Unless you guys found last season soooo gr8 and execptional, then maybe you'll find the season 17 unwatcheable. :)

The only thing I loved with BB16 and was liked by many ppl was the launch. xD  Then it was just horrible.

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • I only support vaginas!
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2015, 07:52:36 PM »
I want an houseguest to give me vibes of Nicole from last year <333

• Big Brother
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2015, 08:02:24 PM »
I am sure at 100% it'd be better. :)
Unless you guys found last season soooo gr8 and execptional, then maybe you'll find the season 17 unwatcheable. :)

The only thing I loved with BB16 and was liked by many ppl was the launch. xD  Then it was just horrible.

I loved last season, the housemates didn't seem to hateful towards each other like they were in BBUS15, and I really did enjoy most of the housemates. I'm one of the few people here who didn't hate the detonators. So, while I will say it was an exceptional season, I'm not expecting BB17 to be bad because BB16 was great. I would hope for it to be even better. I would hope that they move forward with no casting so many bullies like many other seasons and just cast nice people who want to play the game.

• Big Brother
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2015, 03:42:33 AM »
The two night launch doesn't mean they would repeat the BOB. There are plenty of possibilities.

1. 12 newbies enter, then 4 returning housemates like in BB14.
2. 16 housemates enter, then someone gets Jodied.
3. 8 newbies, then 8 veterans enter.
4. 8 people, then 8 more people, then some new twist.

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2015, 09:02:28 PM »
Quote from: JustinBAEberisBae
Quote from: Victorio on June 03, 2015, 11:19:20 AMQuote from: JustinBAEberisBae on June 03, 2015, 10:17:31 AMI wonder if this season would be better than last season!I am sure at 100% it'd be better. (Image removed from quote.)
Unless you guys found last season soooo gr8 and execptional, then maybe you'll find the season 17 unwatcheable. (Image removed from quote.)

I loved last season, the housemates didn't seem to hateful towards each other like they were in BBUS15, and I really did enjoy most of the housemates. I'm one of the few people here who didn't hate the detonators. So, while I will say it was an exceptional season, I'm not expecting BB17 to be bad because BB16 was great. I would hope for it to be even better. I would hope that they move forward with no casting so many bullies like many other seasons and just cast nice people who want to play the game.

Agree - it was one my favourite BBUSA seasons, had a really watchable cast and was one of the few seasons I stuck with throughout.   The twists weren't bad too - they stuck with Battle of the Block rather than ditching it at the final 10 as they do with every other twist, while the #BBRewind was simple but quite effective.   Team America was probably more miss than hit, but it did give us the #OverwhelmingNo

I wouldn't read much into the two night launch either - indeed the early seasons usually played out that way and they just split the Veto over two episodes, or in the case of BB4 finished the first part with the Ex's entering then had the HoH in the second part.

• Big Brother
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2015, 06:05:14 PM »
Here is how BB17 can improve from BB16.

1. Retire Zingbot. These grown ass adults don't need to be fanning over some stupid robot that sounds like its drowning. This is the absolute MOST IMPORTANT thing Grodner needs to take care of.
2. Don't repeat the same format, meaning put the FF someone other than final ten, and then other at F6, basically and someone returning after four jurors are there. The only difference was the rewind.
3. While you can't stop gender alliances, it would be nice if they don't happen.
4. Less hype of someone sucking in challenges. Yes, we get it, Victoria sucks at most challenges, but we don't need to be reminded of that every time.
5. Retire some of your challenges, especially the ones that truly suck, like the Stay-Fold challenge, and others I can't think of right now.
6. Again, eliminated the family segments. They've always been worthless. This is the second thing that Grodner needs to do.

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2015, 09:41:06 PM »
New challenges is key - one of things I loved about BB Canada this year is they had quite a few which actually felt genuinely new, not redresses of previous challenges.

Agree about Zingbot - never liked it.  Double eviction episodes have long lost their novelty - I've always wanted to see a double eviction play out in a similar way to what it did during Canada's triple eviction with three nominees under one HoH, and I think that would have been much more interesting over a week rather than over half an hour.   To weaken the HoH power slightly I'd let the Veto winner that week choose the replacement.

Really though after 12 seasons they've got to sort the Veto out - it's been the weak point for years IMO and it needs tweaking to ensure that the nominees the HoH wants out are nominated in the first place, not backdoored week after week. 

It was much fairer when everyone played it and I quite liked the quirk of it's debut season where the winner of the Veto couldn't actually use it on themselves.  I like the idea of the nominees having to rely on other people to save them.

Offline Filomena

• Power of Veto
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2015, 01:10:04 PM »
btw, is there a way for europe ppl to watch the live streams/liveshows somehwere?