Author Topic: Big Brother US 12  (Read 19468 times)

Offline spongebob

• Finalist
Re: Big Brother US 12
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 05:52:59 AM »
the new house is really unspectacular

Offline JustinBieberDingus

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: Trevor
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2010, 07:36:29 AM »
These guys all seem like people that I'll be able to give a chance to.

One of the things that interested me when reading the bios and seeing who these housemates liked as favourites in previous seasons. This lets me think about what kind of fan they are and see if that can influence their game. The thing that makes me feel a bit surprised and maybe disappointed that most of those housemates named a favourite housemate from either BB10 or BB11. Some of the housemates named a housemate that casual fans would name, which they are contributors of partonizing the "fan favorite" (Janelle, Will, Evel Dick) and we have housemates who mentioned favourite housemates that are more thoughtful and could sound like something a die-hard fan would say (Braden, Memphis, Dan). There was totally two cases where I'm almost convince we have two people who have not watched much Big Brother, as one housemates doesn't have a housemate listen and one housemate has "Justin from BB1" as a favorite. There was no Justin until season 2, and I don't think CBS would ever mention that guy for any reason.

I saw a blog about what Big Brother would look like if Monet, the only minority housemate was to become the saboteur, we would have twelve housemates counting as players and they're all Caucasian. Sure this is a 1:13 chance, even if I strongly feel the saboteur should be a woman because males have already got America's Player & Coup D' Etat twice. People act like colour is the only trait to diversity when it comes to something simple like casting people for a Reality TV show.

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2010, 08:52:55 PM »
The move in date was July 3rd as per a Tweet from CBSTweet. They included a photo of the Housemates entering:

http://twitter.com/CBSTweet/status/17689527373

Also CBSTweet wishes everyone a happy 4th of July BB style

http://twitter.com/CBSTweet/status/17746253177

And the latest commercial with the HouseGuests:
"One of Big Brother's HouseGuests have a secret"
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUmi9ZR3Syg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUmi9ZR3Syg</a>

For once I hope that the new logo in the promos is the new show logo. Even though it is a text logo lol.

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2010, 09:36:39 PM »
omg this promo is so low-profile. it looks like it was taped in the 80s. I thought they would come up with something better for their final season.  :-[

Offline Matt91

• Mole
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2010, 12:11:37 AM »
omg this promo is so low-profile. it looks like it was taped in the 80s. I thought they would come up with something better for their final season.  :-[

Final season???

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2010, 07:25:30 AM »
Woah woah woah, is it the final season??

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2010, 08:34:47 AM »
I've never seen evidence of any kind proving it's the final season. I don't think we'd ever know for sure it's the final season unles Julie Chen announces it some time at the finale. I always kind of think any show anouncing their news of ending their show could always make people completely give the show all together.

Offline Matt91

• Mole
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2010, 09:23:34 AM »
I've never seen evidence of any kind proving it's the final season. I don't think we'd ever know for sure it's the final season unles Julie Chen announces it some time at the finale. I always kind of think any show anouncing their news of ending their show could always make people completely give the show all together.

That's what I thought and I was kind of shocked to hear someone say that cause I haven't heard anything about it being the final season.

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2010, 04:34:13 PM »

That's what I thought and I was kind of shocked to hear someone say that cause I haven't heard anything about it being the final season.

Maybe GrahamUKFan got the UK and US mixed up. BBUSA is on a year-to-year renewal bases for CBS. As long as it is even or grows in the key demos CBS will 9 times out of 10 renew it for another summer.

Offline Art

• Head of House
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2010, 04:46:18 AM »
More news:

** BB Mole USA - A "saboteur" will enter the House and sabotage live at the House as per Big Brother's instructions, similar to other versions that featured a mole. This person will not compete for the grand prize. (This was unusual because CBS has never released a twist this early in the promos.) In a ten second promo spot Julie referred to this season as "Big Brother's Summer of Sabotage"

I hope this saboteur is female. It seems to me they always have male moles.  :)

Offline joako

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2010, 05:11:37 AM »
More news:

** BB Mole USA - A "saboteur" will enter the House and sabotage live at the House as per Big Brother's instructions, similar to other versions that featured a mole. This person will not compete for the grand prize. (This was unusual because CBS has never released a twist this early in the promos.) In a ten second promo spot Julie referred to this season as "Big Brother's Summer of Sabotage"

I hope this saboteur is female. It seems to me they always have male moles.  :)
Yes, you are right, I hardly remember a female mole. I think there was one in Germany and one in Belgium, but that is all.

But I don't really like the mole idea. It change the game completely  :-\

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2010, 05:42:21 AM »
The Saboteur's success will be determined depending on who's more devoted, the actual saboteur or Allison Grodner. If we remember America's Player, you'll just be witnessing history repeat itself.

Anyways, does anyone know who's Birthday it was yesterday!?!?!?

BIG BROTHER US!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, Big Brother US turned ten years old yesterday. Man, that show sure has changed and is growing up. Big Brother is so grown up, it's more mature than 4/5 of the housemates. It seems like just yesterday, we were witnessing Big Brother's first experience of using the bathroom, without toilet paper.  :D :D

Offline Art

• Head of House
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2010, 08:18:06 AM »
Yeah, but the Mole apparantly cannot win the game so it's hopefully it's not gonna be like BB8. Though you never know with Grodner, she might want to ruin another season.

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2010, 10:34:22 AM »

actually that was exactly the case. sorry for everyone who was shocked by this ;)

Maybe GrahamUKFan got the UK and US mixed up. BBUSA is on a year-to-year renewal bases for CBS. As long as it is even or grows in the key demos CBS will 9 times out of 10 renew it for another summer.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2010, 07:44:00 AM »

TV Guide revealed the houseguest who dropped out as Paolo Aviles, a 30-year-old out-of-work real estate agent.
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Meet-Big-Brother-1020187.aspx

And according to Julie Chen, the saboteur twist will only last for five weeks. The producers (Allison) are still deciding whether the saboteur will be eligible to win from that point onwards.

And there is minor controversy as Andrew said he wouldn't have problems with living with anyone "unless they were Arab". This is the second minor controversy over racism after Ragan's podcasts contained racist jokes about LL Cool J while also claiming that Fox News, Sarah Palin, and the entire Tea Party movement were racist.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 08:17:11 AM by OmgItsPhil »

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2010, 02:12:27 PM »
Expect CBS to release a statement soon that their opinions prior, during and after the show doesn't reflect the network.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2010, 07:15:12 PM »
The first episode aired tonight. The saboteur will not be revealed until the night of the first eviction.
Spoiler for Hiden:
In the HoH competition, Andrew agreed to sit out as the "mascot" and as a result received immunity from the first eviction. The others split into two teams of six and attempted to cross a pit on a giant hotdog (very strange). The last person of the first team to cross would be HoH. Monet (red team) and Annie (yellow team) crossed first and would win $10,000 if their team won. Hayden, Monet, Kristen, Matt, Britney and Lane formed the red team and Annie, Brendon, Kathy, Enzo, Rachel and Ragan formed the yellow team. Britney was taken out of the competition due to injury and was replaced by Kristen, who previously succeeded in the challenge and had to do it for a second time. Eventually, the red team won with Hayden crossing last and becoming the season's first HoH.

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2010, 11:02:55 PM »
I am heading to bed but here are some live feed spoilers for you!

(Nominations Pt. 1 -> Veto Players -> Saboteur suspect)

Spoiler for Hiden:
*The nominees this week are: Brendon & Rachel
*Monet, Enzo & Andrew are the other three HouseGuests competing in the PoV competition tomorrow.
*The House suspects Andrew to be the Saboteur
*Hayden/Rachel wants to backdoor Monet
*Rachel doesn't like Monet (When Rachel picked Monet's name some Housemates said she said it with disgust attitude)
*Most of the House have a negitive attitude regarding Andrew
*Andrew put his head under a blanket that Annie was using
*Annie didn't like it and expressed her anger to Kathy
*Annie also made fun of Andrew to Kathy

I think Matt is the Saboteur myself. The producers would want someone who is smart enough to carry out the task. After all he did tell them he was smarter than them. I also think some of the Housemates are being a little harsh on Andrew.

The first week feed wise is the hardest week to understand for me since they have been in the House six days prior to the feeds going live. Urrgh!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 11:10:58 PM by Josh »

Offline Matt91

• Mole
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2010, 11:26:28 AM »
I am heading to bed but here are some live feed spoilers for you!

(Nominations Pt. 1 -> Veto Players -> Saboteur suspect)

Spoiler for Hiden:
*The nominees this week are: Brendon & Rachel
*Monet, Enzo & Andrew are the other three HouseGuests competing in the PoV competition tomorrow.
*The House suspects Andrew to be the Saboteur
*Hayden/Rachel wants to backdoor Monet
*Rachel doesn't like Monet (When Rachel picked Monet's name some Housemates said she said it with disgust attitude)
*Most of the House have a negitive attitude regarding Andrew
*Andrew put his head under a blanket that Annie was using
*Annie didn't like it and expressed her anger to Kathy
*Annie also made fun of Andrew to Kathy

I think Matt is the Saboteur myself. The producers would want
 someone who is smart enough to carry out the task. After all he did tell them he was smarter than them. I also think some of the Housemates are being a little harsh on Andrew.

The first week feed wise is the hardest week to understand for me since they have been in the House six days prior to the feeds going live. Urrgh!

Why does Rachel hate Monet?

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2010, 04:45:06 PM »
The veto competition is over, and...
Spoiler for Hiden:
Brendon won, which kind of ruins Hayden and Rachel's plan to backdoor Monet. It's a bit early for backdooring in my opinion, but I'm not playing the game, so there's nothing can be done about it :D. I hope Rachel stays. The perfect scenario in my opinion would be Hayden nominating Ragan and then Ragan going. That guy annoys me so much.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2010, 03:07:27 PM »
The veto ceremony is over, and
Spoiler for Hiden:
Brendon used the PoV and Annie is nominated in his place.

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2010, 06:31:09 AM »
Josh informed me he wanted us to alternate the Sunday episodes, so I allowed him blog Sunday's episode. It should be up soon.

Here's how the Sunday episode went:

- Annie tells Ragan that she is a bisexual and in a 1.5 year old relationship with a woman. I always knew Annie would tell him first, but I thought it would've been later in the week.
- We got to experience BB5 all over again, as we're randomly stuck with a 4-Man Penis alliance that once again, features the four males that are not ethnically outcasted, going after the buy they find to be a threat, Brendon. So, Matt (Jase), Enzo (Scott), Haydenhave a 4-some that formed in the HOH room calling themslves the "Brigades", or the Horseman 2.0. Lane was actually dragged into the alliance and showed no interest in it, then tells us he wasn't in on it mentally. Also, why would they call themslves the Brigade? What are they protesting?
- The Have-Have Nots proved that this year, it's a concept that wants to make Big Brother look like Survivor.The Have-Nots are in a bedroom that smells, and has bugs in jars. This makes Survivors laugh, as we all want and know those bugs will be released before week two.
- The sabotage event featured Kathy & Britney having Green tape X'd over their memory wall photo, pitting them together as targets, as they were the two who struggled most at the HHN Competition. This shows evidence that one of them could be trying to target their opponent. Kathy seemed more paranoid and didn't get strategically activew with Hayden, like Britney did. Considering that Briney was upset at Kathy critisizing her at the HHN, even though Kathy did worse, Britney could be geting housemates' attention while making herself look like a victim as well.
- Rachel and Brendon, who are the scientists of the group have chemically combines, but are not going to be a risk for a combustion as Hayden nominated both Brendon & Rachel with neither of them aware of themselves posibly going up/out. This shows that they are playing the game with the bio-chemicals knows as Personal Connections & Personal Emotions than geting strategically involved in the game, with the HOH (Which, the week one's HOH is the easiest to strategize with), or even the sabotage.

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2010, 06:24:03 PM »
Kathy has recieved the public otes as America's suspect for the Saboteur position.

And. . . . .the Saboteur is. . . . . . . . . . . . .

ANNIE!!!! (She's totally making this interesting, as she's a nominee)

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2010, 06:44:20 PM »
By a vote of 10-0. . . . .

ANNIE, has been evicted from the Big Brother house.

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2010, 06:59:17 PM »
The HoH for Week II is . . . . .

RACHEL!!!! It will be good next week, and the more involved players like Brendon/The Brigade Allies were out prety early in that majority rules HOH too.