Author Topic: Big Brother 5 Africa  (Read 26943 times)

Offline Matt91

• Mole
Re: Big Brother 5 Africa
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2010, 01:34:02 AM »
ughh at four guys in the top 4 - what a failure.  :'(

Its not unexpected though. BB Africa has a very strong gender bias and, and I don't know why this is, over the last two years it has begun to have a strong Nigerian bias as well.

Offline JustinBieberDingus

• Big Brother
  • Username: Trevor
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2010, 02:40:42 AM »
ughh at four guys in the top 4 - what a failure.  :'(

Its not unexpected though. BB Africa has a very strong gender bias and, and I don't know why this is, over the last two years it has begun to have a strong Nigerian bias as well.

Nigeria is one of the African Continent's most populated country, so a great amount of BB Africa fans must be Nigerian, resulting in the "Home pride" factor.

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2010, 03:30:01 PM »
yeah I remember when an West African Idols season was held and nine out of the top 10 contestants were nigerians. It could have easily been labeles as Nigerian Idols  ::)

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2010, 10:19:30 PM »
This week the public will vote two housemates from the Barn back into the house. However, yesterday, the housemates did nominate. These nominations, of course, were fake. The housemates in the main house were not told that there would be two housemates returning, but have been told that none of them will be evicted this week.

So effectively, the housemates nominated this week are: Code, Sheila, Jen, Meryl, Paloma, Tatiana and Lerato.

This week there was no HoH.

Main House
Munya nominated Uti & Mwisho
Mwisho nominated Kaone & Munya
Kaone nominated Uti & Mwisho
Uti nominated Mwisho & Kaone

The Barn
Sheila nominated Mwisho & Kaone
Code nominated Mwisho & Uti
Jen nominated Munya & Mwisho
Meryl nominated Kaone & Mwisho
Paloma nominated Munya & Mwisho
Tatiana nominated Mwisho & Uti
As punishment for her fight with Hannington, Lerato cannot nominate.

Total votes
Mwisho: 9
Uti: 4
Kaone: 4
Munya: 3

Offline Mikeo498

• Finalist
« Reply #104 on: October 03, 2010, 07:04:07 PM »
from what i read, Sheila and Tatiana have moved back to the main house.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2010, 09:20:44 PM »
Tonight Sheila, Tatiana and Lerato moved back to the main house - meaning that Code, Meryl, Paloma and Jen have been evicted.

Firstly, Sheila and Tatiana were voted back into the house with 8 and 2 votes respectively. The votes were:

Sheila - 8 votes - Ethiopia, Kenya, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Uganda and the Rest of Africa.
Tatiana - 2 votes - Botswana and Ghana
Paloma - 2 votes - Angola and Zambia
Code - 1 vote - Malawi
Meryl - 1 vote - Tanzania
Lerato - 1 vote - South Africa
Jen - 0 votes.

Paloma and Tatiana both received 2 votes to return - Tatiana however received more individual votes, breaking the deadlock.

In an added twist, Lerato was returned to the house. The housemates in the barn all picked a t-shirt, and the host IK had five stars concealing a barcode corresponding to a t-shirt worn by a housemate in the barn. The housemates in the main house then had to pick a star for the host to reveal - they picked star number four, whichhad the barcode corresponding to the t-shirt Lerato was wearing. Lerato therefore also returned to the house for a chance to win the prize.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 05:22:11 PM by OmgItsPhil »

Offline joako

• Administrator
  • Big Brother
« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2010, 01:09:05 PM »
Kaone, Munya, Tatiana and Uti are up for eviction this week. Next Sunday there will be a double eviction

Who voted who:

KAONE = Uti and Sheila
MUNYA = Uti and Mwisho
MWISHO = Kaone and Munya
SHEILA = Kaone and Mwisho
TATIANA = Kaone and Munya
UTI = Kaone and Munya
As punishment for her fight with Hannington, Lerato cannot nominate.

Kaone = 4
Munya = 3
Mwisho = 2
Uti = 2
Sheila = 1

Mwisho as HoH, decided to save himself and put Tatiana in his place

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2010, 03:47:14 PM »
what happened to Meryl? I think it was never explained here?

Offline joako

• Administrator
  • Big Brother
« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2010, 04:01:58 PM »
She was the last housemate to be fake evicted (http://forum.worldofbigbrother.com/index.php?topic=283.msg5534#msg5534)

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2010, 05:03:44 PM »
She was the last housemate to be fake evicted (http://forum.worldofbigbrother.com/index.php?topic=283.msg5534#msg5534)
yeah I know but after that? as she didn't return to the house shouldn't she have been evicted with the other three?  ???

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2010, 05:22:44 PM »
Oops sorry, I forgot to add that she was also evicted with Code, Jen and Paloma.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2010, 07:54:12 PM »
In the eviction tonight, Kaone was the fifth housemate to be evicted.

Tatiana was the sixth housemate to be evicted.

Votes
Munya received nine votes to save - from Botswana, Ghana, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Uti received six votes to save - from Angola, Ethiopia, Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda and the Rest of Africa.
Kaone and Tatiana both received 0 votes to save and therefore were evicted tonight.

The public is now voting for one of the five remaining housemates to win.

Offline joako

• Administrator
  • Big Brother
« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2010, 08:10:31 PM »
And the winner is....

Winner: Uti (8 votes)
Runner-up: Munya (7 votes)
3rd Place: Lerato (0 votes)
4th Place: Mwisho (0 votes)
5th Place: Sheila (0 votes)

For the second time, the housemate from Nigeria won Big Brother. Also it was said that this was the closest final vote in Africa
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 08:17:18 PM by joako »

Offline joako

• Administrator
  • Big Brother
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2010, 08:26:42 PM »
From what I've heard, it was very close. Apparently Munya was really shocked as he thought he would win.
And also there are many viewers really mad about a Nigerian winning for the 2nd time in a row. TK, from season 3, put in his facebook: "nigeria 2 yrs in a row big brother is rigged! congrats uti:-)"  ::)

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2010, 08:28:11 PM »
Oops, I accidentally deleted my post. How clever of me.  ::)

Yeah, I was reading on twitter posts from people - one stood out to me that said "it's the end of BBAfrica but the beginning of BBNigeria" or words to that effect.

I was shocked that none of the others got any votes. I at least thought Mwisho would pick up a few.

Offline Matt91

• Mole
« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2010, 09:23:04 PM »
From what I've heard, it was very close. Apparently Munya was really shocked as he thought he would win.
And also there are many viewers really mad about a Nigerian winning for the 2nd time in a row. TK, from season 3, put in his facebook: "nigeria 2 yrs in a row big brother is rigged! congrats uti:-)"  ::)

On bigbrotherafrica.com they're starting to call it Nigerian Big Brother. I'm all for being fair, but if need be I think they (the producers) should consider excluding Nigeria from the program from now on and possibly replace it with a country like Lesotho or Swaziland. I say this because I'm really starting to suspect that they (the Nigerian fans) are cheating. I mean am I really to believe that that many africans wouldn't vote for their own to win in a continent where nationalism runs high.

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #116 on: October 17, 2010, 10:02:14 PM »
how can they cheat though? I mean the way this voting system works they only have one vote like all the other countries.
I was sooo sure that Munya would win  :o another proof that the nomination-champ rarely ends up winning in the end.

I also don't think there was a ranking order between the other three as they did not get any votes at all (LOL). so they are all in a joint 3rd place.

Offline Matt91

• Mole
« Reply #117 on: October 17, 2010, 10:07:10 PM »
how can they cheat though? I mean the way this voting system works they only have one vote like all the other countries.
I was sooo sure that Munya would win  :o another proof that the nomination-champ rarely ends up winning in the end.

I also don't think there was a ranking order between the other three as they did not get any votes at all (LOL). so they are all in a joint 3rd place.

The only way in which I can think of them getting around the whole "one country, one vote system" is by somehow voting through the providers of other countries. If they can do this, then this shows a HUGE flaw in the vote regulator's tracing system.

Also, throughout the entire season anyone who even remotely opposed Uti was evicted.

Offline joako

• Administrator
  • Big Brother
« Reply #118 on: October 17, 2010, 10:20:19 PM »
When there is a deadlock, the individual votes are used to break it, so I guess Lerato has more votes than Mwisho and Mwisho more votes than Sheila.

BTW, Angola, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Uganda and the Rest of Africa voted for Uti and Botswana, Malawi, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe voted for Munya
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 10:25:57 PM by joako »