Author Topic: Big Brother 6 Greece -- Cancelled  (Read 2671 times)

Offline Nax

• Head of House
Big Brother 6 Greece -- Cancelled
« on: September 10, 2011, 01:51:50 PM »
This is from June 27, 2011
from http://www.newsbeast.gr/media/arthro/191548/o-alpha-edeixe-kokkini-karta-sto-big-brother-2/

Translation:

Alpha showed a "red" card to Big Brother 2  [2 probably because it would be the 2nd season on that channel].

The channel "freezes" the project and postpones the return of some shows.

The Alpha producers showed a red card to Big Brother 2, who finally decided not to include it in the new season's programming.

Even though they were planning the return of Big Brother next October [of 2011], they decided not to include the reality show in the new season.

The reason is that it is an expensive production [!!!] with no much hope for recovering expenses.

[A couple more shows listed as cancelled or postponed].

How incompetent can a production team be to consider Big Brother as expensive to produce?

I hope it comes back next year.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 03:04:51 PM by Matt91 »

Offline BigBrotherFan

• All Star
Re: Big Brother 6 Greece -- Cancelled
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 01:57:31 PM »
from http://www.newsbeast.gr/media/arthro/191548/o-alpha-edeixe-kokkini-karta-sto-big-brother-2/

Translation:

Alpha showed a "red" card to Big Brother 2  [2 probably because it would be the 2nd season on that channel].

The Alpha producers showed a red card to Big Brother 2, who finally decided not to include it in the new season's programming.

Even though they were planning the return of Big Brother next October [of 2011], they decided not to include the reality show in the new season.

The reason is that it is an expensive production [!!!] with no much hope for recovering expenses.

How incompetent can a production team be to consider Big Brother as expensive to produce?

Bad News   :(

Offline Matt91

• Mole
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 03:04:33 PM »

Translation:

Alpha showed a "red" card to Big Brother 2  [2 probably because it would be the 2nd season on that channel].

It's a shame, the Greeks had a pretty impressive season last year.

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 03:12:12 PM »
well year its due to their economic crisis I guess. other reality shows like their version of Next Top Model and Pop Idol have been cancelled aswell due to this

Offline Nax

• Head of House
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 03:44:46 AM »
The show was produced by a private channel that's a subsidiary of a major German TV production company - don't remember the name right now. It's unlikely that the production cost was a factor in cancelling this season.

Anyhow, if someone can recommend an easy to use and efficient subtitle creation program, I may take the time to sub Season 5 in English for the pleasure of the hard core BB fans on this site :)

I've downloaded a few subtitle programs already and tried them out but they all have problems... they crash, they are not easy to use, not easy to sync subtitles to the video, etc.

I'll keep making an effort, but please feel free to suggest subtitle creation utilities if you know of any. More importantly, if anyone has or knows of archived seasons of BB GR I would appreciate information about them.

Thank you. :)

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 05:46:09 AM »
Not the first time cost has forced the cancellation of BB - Endemol is known to have priced itself out of countries before.

With Portugal/Netherlands and Sweden/Norway though sharing houses to produce their own separate seasons I think that is going to become much more common place with future BB's, especially as having global bases for their big shows is pretty much Endemol's strategy at the moment.

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 09:58:13 AM »
Not the first time cost has forced the cancellation of BB - Endemol is known to have priced itself out of countries before.

With Portugal/Netherlands and Sweden/Norway though sharing houses to produce their own separate seasons I think that is going to become much more common place with future BB's, especially as having global bases for their big shows is pretty much Endemol's strategy at the moment.
Also the only Ecuador season of BB was done outside that country, the House used was the House located in Argentina.
:) Live happy every day!!! <3

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 07:02:13 PM »
Awww I'm really sad that Greece has cancelled BB6. I really liked the fifth edition. :'(