Author Topic: Big Brother 6 Africa : Amplified  (Read 31967 times)

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
Big Brother 6 Africa : Amplified
« on: January 21, 2011, 06:23:35 PM »
A (heavily censored) 6th season of Big Brother returns to African screens. Rumoured start date is May 2011.

http://bigbrotherafrica.dstv.com/News/3795/Big-Brother-Africa-is-back.html

:-\
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 08:20:21 AM by robza171 »

Offline Matt91

• Mole
Re: Big Brother 6 Africa
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 06:26:45 PM »
A (heavily censored) 6th season of Big Brother returns to African screens. Rumoured start date is May 2011.

http://bigbrotherafrica.dstv.com/News/3795/Big-Brother-Africa-is-back.html

:-\

Wow, this seems like it would be really early for another season to begin airing.

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 06:46:33 PM »
Yeah very early. Normally the call for entries are May for an August launch. Now they close February! So maybe May or June it'll start.

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 06:47:36 PM »
Why the "heavily censored" thing for the show? Don't get that?
:) Live happy every day!!! <3

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 06:51:11 PM »
Why the "heavily censored" thing for the show? Don't get that?

Lol. I say that every time a new season of BB Africa starts. It gets more and more censored each year. Take this year for instance, it's gonna start showing during winter. So less skin already. :(

Offline spanish

• Winner
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 06:55:42 PM »
But It will be Big Brother 5.  :P

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 07:02:33 PM »

Well it's the sixth season of the show - So it's Big Brother 6. All Stars was season 5

Offline spanish

• Winner
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 10:59:41 AM »
But a season with former housemates isn't the same that a season with celebrities or anonymous.

For example, Spain has 12 seasons with anonymous, 2 with celebrities and 1 with former housemates, and the next season won't be GH16, but GH13.

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 01:49:11 PM »
But a season with former housemates isn't the same that a season with celebrities or anonymous.

For example, Spain has 12 seasons with anonymous, 2 with celebrities and 1 with former housemates, and the next season won't be GH16, but GH13.
that was a short season though. as BB Allstars in the US Africa threatened their season like a regular annual one.

Offline Matt91

• Mole
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 04:13:22 PM »

Well it's the sixth season of the show - So it's Big Brother 6. All Stars was season 5

I get what you're trying to say. The African version just counts an All Stars season like any other like what we here in the US do.

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 12:37:51 PM »
It looks like the show may be starting on the 1st May 2011 - 31 July 2010 (91 Days).  ;)

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 05:37:53 PM »
From the information I have read, M-Net is counting the All-Stars season as the main fifth season, just like how CBS counted the American All-Star season as the main seventh season.

Again my stance is if the broadcaster treats a spin-off format (All-Stars/Celebrity) as a main season then it should be treated as such. In this case when comparing statistics like how many "Normal" (new members of the public), "All-Stars", "Celebrity" it is okay to spit them but if a country has identified the season as part of their main continuity then it should be placed as such. So for me the new African season would be BB6 Africa but they have had 4 Normal seasons, 1 All-Star season with 1 Normal season planned.

Offline World of BB

• Administrator
  • Winner
  • Username: grahamuk
    • World of Big Brother
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 06:07:07 PM »
It is a shame that Endemol do not insist on a universal numbering system for BB editions. Different countries have different definitions of main seasons and it often isn't clear how a country regards past seasons. Some countries do not number any editions making it hard to determine what they themselves consider to be main or spin-off editions. In France Secret Story seems to disregard previous Loft Story seasons even though they are the same Big Brother format. In Slovenia was the recent Celebrity edition called BB3 by the broadcaster or was it considered to be a main edition?

I do agree with Josh though. In Africa, this will be the 6th edition of BB there but will be the 5th "normal" edition.

Can anyone come up with a term that best describes normal editions because "members of the public that have never appeared on Big Brother before" editions is a bit of a mouthful. If not then I'll just call them normal editions on the website.

Offline spanish

• Winner
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 08:11:53 AM »
The difference is that:

- The 'All-Stars' season hasn't a normal auditions.
- The housemates from 'All-Stars' have different fee.
- A 'all-star' housemate can win 2 times (for example, Pepe in GH7 Spain and GH:ER).
- A housemate that has participated in a current and 'All-Star' season can be more nominations that a housemate that only has participated in a current season.
- All the housemates in 'All-Stars' season aren't unknown.

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2011, 07:17:45 PM »
It is a shame that Endemol do not insist on a universal numbering system for BB editions. Different countries have different definitions of main seasons and it often isn't clear how a country regards past seasons. Some countries do not number any editions making it hard to determine what they themselves consider to be main or spin-off editions. In France Secret Story seems to disregard previous Loft Story seasons even though they are the same Big Brother format. In Slovenia was the recent Celebrity edition called BB3 by the broadcaster or was it considered to be a main edition?

I do agree with Josh though. In Africa, this will be the 6th edition of BB there but will be the 5th "normal" edition.

Can anyone come up with a term that best describes normal editions because "members of the public that have never appeared on Big Brother before" editions is a bit of a mouthful. If not then I'll just call them normal editions on the website.

This is the key I generally use for statistics purposes, anyone can feel free to use it if they wish:

Standard - A season featuring normal auditions, selecting members of the public as Housemates who are generally strangers. Some twists can occur that results in a few previous Housemates returning/two new Housemates had a pre-existing relationship outside of the House.

Celebrity - [Also known as VIP] A season featuring new Housemates but are known local celebrities. Usually the Housemates are paid a fee pending they are not ejected/walked prior to their eviction.

Teen - A season featuring Housemates aged from 15-19 years of age.

All-Stars - A season featuring mostly former Housemates returning to compete for the grand prize again. This can be a combination of Standard/Celebrity Housemates (ex. BB All-Stars 1 UK) or exclusive to one type of Housemates (ex. BB All-Stars 1 USA)

Other - A format of Big Brother that has lasted only 1 Edition. This includes Proba, Tilbake Huset, Panto & Hijack.

Continuity - What an season of Big Brother is considered by the host broadcaster.

For example Big Brother UK only counts its Standard editions main continuity. Celebrity editions have their own continuity so does each spin-off (Teen, Hijack, Panto, Ultimate). Big Brother USA on the other hand has had 11 Standard editions and 1 All-Stars edition but the broadcaster of American BB counts all twelve editions as part of the main continuity.

I hope I typed this clearly and didn't confuse anyone but this is how I look at BB.

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 06:55:12 AM »
http://teeveetee.blogspot.com/2011/02/breaking-big-new-concept-for-new-6th.html

Apparently the new, upcoming 6th new season of Big Brother Africa done by M-Net will revolve around a ''big new concept'' that will set the show apart from anything that's been done before.

Nobody wants to talk but I was told ''it's big. It will still be Big Brother but it's going to work differently. Major, major twist''. I asked M-Net who refused to say anything, saying that 'to say even the slightest thing will spoil everything.'' The 6th season of Big Brother Africa kicks off on 1 May for 91 days and Endemol SA will once again be producing it out of the same venue at Sasani Studios.

Mmm. Could it be that the enigmatic ''big brother'' controlling the house and the housemates, will turn that duty over to viewers who get to decide - en masse through the power of social media not only what the housemates have to do, but what happens next?

Offline Bipolar

• Runner-up
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 08:59:44 AM »
So what do you guys think is that big twist? :O

And is it easy to find the live shows to download?

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 10:34:13 PM »
So what do you guys think is that big twist? :O

And is it easy to find the live shows to download?
the viewers will be watched 24/7 and can be nominated and evicted by the actual HMs  ;D

no seriously: I think BB Africa spoiled the original format already way too much, I don't know whats happening but I am sure it won't be good given all the "inventions" we saw from this version.

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 07:21:38 PM »

Offline Mystapaki

• Head of House
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011, 06:10:40 PM »
I'd honestly like to see Big Brother Africa take a break for a while and see Big Brother South Africa make a return to the small screen , I honestly loved BBSA the first season was awesome the second wasn't bad either. Mark Pilgrim was a great host , the set was better and the evictions were much more exciting and entertaining to watch with the huge crowds and the studio audience. All in all it was way better produced. BB Africa 1 and 2 only sort've matched upto the BBSA production its all gone down hill from there.

Sweet91

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2011, 06:33:44 PM »
The show will start the 01st May?

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 09:11:25 PM »
I'd honestly like to see Big Brother Africa take a break for a while and see Big Brother South Africa make a return to the small screen , I honestly loved BBSA the first season was awesome the second wasn't bad either. Mark Pilgrim was a great host , the set was better and the evictions were much more exciting and entertaining to watch with the huge crowds and the studio audience. All in all it was way better produced. BB Africa 1 and 2 only sort've matched upto the BBSA production its all gone down hill from there.

I agree with you 100%! Big Brother SA 1 & 2 were amazing! I enjoyed Mark's interaction with the crowd, the way the housemates exited the house and how they walked down the red carpet with fireworks. Both seasons were so uninhibited and simple. The house was so tiny but the big characters made up for that. Big Brother Africa SERIOUSLY needs to just get cancelled! It's become so political and a competition between countries. The host is drab, the rent-a-crowds look like people off the street just there to pass time and the censorship is beyond crazy! I say retire Big Bro Africa and bring us Secret Story.

Offline robza171

• Head of House
    • Reality Male
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 09:12:43 PM »

Yes, season 6 will start exactly 4 weeks from now (1st May 2011)

Offline Mystapaki

• Head of House
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2011, 09:53:26 PM »

I agree with you 100%! Big Brother SA 1 & 2 were amazing! I enjoyed Mark's interaction with the crowd, the way the housemates exited the house and how they walked down the red carpet with fireworks. Both seasons were so uninhibited and simple. The house was so tiny but the big characters made up for that. Big Brother Africa SERIOUSLY needs to just get cancelled! It's become so political and a competition between countries. The host is drab, the rent-a-crowds look like people off the street just there to pass time and the censorship is beyond crazy! I say retire Big Bro Africa and bring us Secret Story.

I remember being glued to BB SA , I loved the choice of housemates they had an awesome mix of people. Infact it was really interesting to see all of the various races and nationalities of South Africa under one roof . The website was even better than it was interactive with the popularity polls and all. Mark was awesome , I remember that each and every eviction was eviction was awesomely produced like for eg the exit from the house and then to the studio via the red carpet. Oh and I so agree with you on the point that on BB SA it seemed as if the audience was very much involved in the show with BBA from now on it seems as if they're all paid to be there and plus there are only like a hand full of people there. BBA seriously looks like a ghetto production now the host sucks he's horrible compared to Mark. BBA has basically become Mnets money making machine they make loads of money by getting votes from all over Africa , plus the voting really isn't fair anyways most of the time its the Nigerian contestant making it far irrespective of his/her character just cuz it has the largest vote bank , the Nigerians have hijacked the 13th or now the 15th vote so they kinda get 2 blocks the Nigerian and the rest of Africa block also. Its basically Africa's answer to Eurovision minus the singing and plus the tacky production.

I am curious to know why BBSA never made it back on air ? It was a success in both of its seasons I am pretty sure about that. People I remember had an issue on the race thing as to why only white people won show or something like that . BBSA has to come back with everything it had  !!

Sweet91

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2011, 11:30:46 PM »

Yes, season 6 will start exactly 4 weeks from now (1st May 2011)

Ok, thanks =)