Author Topic: Big Brother 1 Panama  (Read 4373 times)

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • I only support vaginas!
Big Brother 1 Panama
« on: October 20, 2015, 12:43:41 PM »
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 03:15:38 PM by joako »

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
Re: Gran Hermano 1 Panama
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 02:07:40 PM »
Great! I always love it when a new country celebrates its BB premiere (as long as its not the SS format, Peru proved that this is not working on the latin american market).
Does anyone have a count how many countries exist on earth and how many already have the BB format?

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: jakiki
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 02:13:14 PM »
Great! I always love it when a new country celebrates its BB premiere (as long as its not the SS format, Peru proved that this is not working on the latin american market).
Does anyone have a count how many countries exist on earth and how many already have the BB format?

depending on where you base your number on, there are between 189 and like 200 countries in the world.
And like 55 BB's worldwide but then again there are regional/continental BBs so how do you count that IDK.

Offline Mike

• Finalist
  • Username: BB4Lyfe
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 04:32:30 PM »

Panama would roughly be the 78th country to have taken part in a Big Brother, although about 10 of those countries are from the Arab big brother which was cancelled

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 07:44:06 PM »
I'm happy for a new country doing BB. Hoping that in my country (the Dominican Republic) the experience ever happens in the forseeable future.

Now, since it's a Central American country, I have my doubts, they'll be using Argentina's BB House - not bad, but this means that this season won't feel 100% local. That's why I think that every country that takes on the BB format must use it's own house. Also, I'm a bit skeptical on which kind of housemates they'll cast. Recent Latinamerican seasons have disappointed me, especially the ones aired this year (Mexico & Argentina).
:) Live happy every day!!! <3

Offline zz0714

• Head of House
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 07:32:43 AM »
Big Brother Panamá
Logo

Official website
http://www.tvn-2.com/bigbrother/

Offline zz0714

• Head of House
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 07:33:05 AM »
 promo
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBApNW4bFVA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBApNW4bFVA</a>

Offline zz0714

• Head of House
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 07:38:39 AM »
It seems they will use GH Argentina's house.
The prize will be $25,000.

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 08:14:36 AM »
The prize will be $25,000.
Yes, that's right: in another promo they say housemates will travel to Argentina. Also, it might have 15 housemates and it might be for 90 days.

Offline JustinBieberDingus

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: Trevor
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 08:22:21 AM »

I would rule that as a participation even though it was a cancelled participation, their cancellation was out of their control.

Panama would roughly be the 78th country to have taken part in a Big Brother, although about 10 of those countries are from the Arab big brother which was cancelled

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: jakiki
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 01:11:12 PM »

So they won't start in 2016 lmao

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2016, 08:15:13 PM »
It doesn't mandatorily mean it has to be GH Argentina's house. Probably Endemol Shine Latinamerica has built it's own separate location also in Argentina. That's another possibility, or probably this year's GH in Argentina won't be running for as long as it did last year.

Two options, but who knows what can happen.

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2016, 08:16:40 PM »
The logo, well can be improved, but to be a Latinamerican edition, GOOD JOB!

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2016, 04:13:16 PM »
I'm quite liking the logo - a fun take on the camera idea IMO.   I guess they're using "Big Brother" rather than "Gran Hermano" then, so could the thread title be updated?

Offline JustinBieberDingus

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: Trevor
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2016, 02:30:32 PM »
$25,000 must be the smallest cash prize for a winner, that's what the Fan Favorite wins. I know that $25,000 is different in Panama as it would be for other countries, but is this the lowest cash prize?

Canada's is also really cheap, although if Canada had to offer $500,000 it would've never been doable, even at this time frame.

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2016, 02:33:30 PM »
Quote from: KoadeyTrevorKambell
$25,000 must be the smallest cash prize for a winner, that's what the Fan Favorite wins. I know that $25,000 is different in Panama as it would be for other countries, but is this the lowest cash prize?

Canada's is also really cheap, although if Canada had to offer $500,000 it would've never been doable, even at this time frame.
I think Albania's is usually much lower.

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2016, 04:55:51 PM »

You've never seen TVI's final prizes for its reality winners lol (channel that products SS in Portugal)

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2016, 12:33:49 PM »
Seems it is pegged to the US dollar so is $25k.

Quite ironic really.  Someone should put some money into a Panamanian bank account!

Offline zz0714

• Head of House
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2016, 05:32:18 AM »
Big Brother Panamá
Premiere: August 31, 9pm
They will use GH Argentina house.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 05:44:30 AM by zz0714 »

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2016, 05:42:07 PM »
excited! though the add looks like they're trying to go the SS-route. Don't do this! As if several attempts to adapt this were  not a lesson that this thing doesn't work in any other country than France let alone in South America (see Peru)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 05:53:02 PM by GrahamUKFan »

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2016, 06:01:24 AM »
excited! though the add looks like they're trying to go the SS-route. Don't do this! As if several attempts to adapt this were  not a lesson that this thing doesn't work in any other country than France let alone in South America (see Peru)

I really don't think they'll go that way. I hope they don't go there too.

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jøsêttö
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2016, 06:32:32 AM »
Eww, they all look the same, GH Argentina, BB Mexico, now this... why don't they keep their money or mix it with all the other countries to make a HUGE season with a HUGE house.

I remember in the East Europe a Big Brother was being aired in three different countries if I'm good, they could do the same with Panama, Argentina and Mexico. (and Venezuela, and Colombia).

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2016, 06:37:38 AM »
Eww, they all look the same, GH Argentina, BB Mexico, now this... why don't they keep their money or mix it with all the other countries to make a HUGE season with a HUGE house.

I remember in the East Europe a Big Brother was being aired in three different countries if I'm good, they could do the same with Panama, Argentina and Mexico. (and Venezuela, and Colombia).
You're talking of the Balkans! LOL.

In Latin America it's much more viable than in Europe, as almost everyone speaks the same language: Spanish, the only difference will be in the colloquial expressions and that's pretty much it. The only possible viable way it could work is if hosted in a large continental channel or if several channels of the region join in.

I remember that Latin American Idol was HUGE although it ran for only 4 seasons, and many local channels re-broadcasted what Sony Latam aired in a weekly basis (my country won Season 4 YAAAASSSS!!! - However, winner Martha Heredia is now in jail because of drugs).

Networks like Sony Latam, TNT, Warner Channel, and others can do it. The thing is money wise, BB is expensive to produce anywhere, though. Aaaaand the only two countries that have enough big studio lots where a House can be built are Mexico & Argentina, the latter being the most viable option to be host location if ever done.

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2016, 06:39:00 AM »
I'll try my best to catch the show LIVE that night. Just because they're using the same house as Argentina's doesn't mean this season will be a mess. It could be, but I don't really think so. Let's wait and see what happens.

Offline Logan

• All Star
  • Username: UltimateBigBrotherFan
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2016, 11:11:26 PM »
Its good that a new country will do BIG BROTHER....fresh start