Author Topic: Weather in your country (Boring Question)  (Read 21042 times)

BBUKFan

Weather in your country (Boring Question)
« on: June 06, 2013, 09:26:09 PM »
Currently in Scotland we are enjoying some hot weather (today we've had highs of 21oc), we rarely get hot weather at all, we usually have rain or cold, cloudy weather, so we're really enjoying being able to sit in our back yards and chill in the sun.

How is the weather where you are, do you enjoy having the weather you do or would you prefer a different climate.

Offline Depths of Bloomfield

• Big Brother
  • Username: Beatriz_Trapote
Re: Weather in your country (Boring Question)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 09:39:17 PM »
In Spain we usually have hot weather in summer and cold weather in winter (LOL), but we're having really cloudy and rainy months, at least in the North. Although most of people in my school say they are very hot, I'm having my coldest month in 17 years, I even sleep covering my head with the blanket lol.

French

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 10:36:54 PM »
Very warm day here. :)

Offline Rod

• Big Brother
  • Username: Rodd
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 10:48:33 PM »
Good question. Well, yesterday when I woke up to go to school, it had a very intense mist on my street and on my way to school. Something I hadn't seen since my childhood. :o Here now are doing a little cold weather (I love it! ;D). Hardly the sun is opening.

Yes, we also have cold weather in Rio de Janeiro. ;D

Offline JustinBieberDingus

• Big Brother
  • Username: Trevor
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 11:31:33 PM »
In Maine, just four hours from Quebec, Canada, it's been warm all week, but it would likely rain tonight.

I'll be able to discuss this topic and do a comparison, as Next week, I'm going to have a whole new country to live in! ) :) :) :) :)

Offline Rod

• Big Brother
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 11:34:06 PM »
Quote from: Dan
I'll be able to discuss this topic and do a comparison, as Next week, I'm going to have a whole new country to live in! ) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)
Are you going to live in Canada? *-*

Offline Markus

• Mole
  • Username: antos
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 11:57:17 PM »
In Finland there's been a heatwave for a week now. Or just a part of the country. The part, where I live in. For the rest of the country it's pretty much normal...chilly and rainy. At least that's what some of my friends living a bit norther have told me.

None of the forecasts have been right about the weather in this region. Yesterday was much warmer, than it was supposed to be. This town peaked at 26 degrees celsius.

BTW...the all-time record here is 37 degrees celsius. Recorded a couple of years ago. And here even I was thinking, that this country is cold. :P
Lost a planet Master Obi Wan has. How embarrassing.

BBUKFan

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 11:59:04 PM »
Quote from: Rod
Good question. Well, yesterday when I woke up to go to school, it had a very intense mist on my street and on my way to school. Something I hadn't seen since my childhood. (Image removed from quote.) Here now are doing a little cold weather (I love it! (Image removed from quote.)). Hardly the sun is opening.

Yes, we also have cold weather in Rio de Janeiro. (Image removed from quote.)
Such an amazing difference there, where you are excited for some cold weather, whereas I would long to come to Brazil for the heat and to get a nice natural tan ;D

Our weather is pretty unpredictable, we can get heavy rain one minute and within a few hours you wouldn't think that it rained at all.

Although the snow in the winter can get bad as people have difficulty getting to work, school, college etc.

Offline JustinBieberDingus

• Big Brother
  • Username: Trevor
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 12:14:48 AM »
@Rod,

Yes, I'm moving to Canada! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 12:15:15 AM »
i didn't answer the other question. I do like the weather here. Generally. Don't really like the slush, that comes usually when the winter is too damn warm. I prefer pure and dry snow. I would also prefer the temperatures not to drop below -10 celsius...but I guess it's a bit too much to ask in this part of the world.

Offline Rod

• Big Brother
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 12:32:46 AM »
Quote from: Jack
Quote from: RodGood question. Well, yesterday when I woke up to go to school, it had a very intense mist on my street and on my way to school. Something I hadn't seen since my childhood. (Image removed from quote.) Here now are doing a little cold weather (I love it! (Image removed from quote.)). Hardly the sun is opening.

Yes, we also have cold weather in Rio de Janeiro. (Image removed from quote.)Such an amazing difference there, where you are excited for some cold weather, whereas I would long to come to Brazil for the heat and to get a nice natural tan (Image removed from quote.)

Our weather is pretty unpredictable, we can get heavy rain one minute and within a few hours you wouldn't think that it rained at all.

Although the snow in the winter can get bad as people have difficulty getting to work, school, college etc.
Let's change the country? :P Haha. I love cold and dislike heat. I love this time of year, because it always gets cold.

In southern of Brazil always snows in winter. I think Gabriel could talk better about it, because he lives in this part of the country.

BBUKFan

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2013, 01:04:32 AM »
Quote from: Dan
@Rod,

Yes, I'm moving to Canada! (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)
Ooh good for you! ;D

@Rod, I'm sure it would come as a shock to both of us, I'd be able to adjust to the heat though, although I'm really unsure you've experienced a British WINTER. It's not the snow, it's the black ice and the bitter cold that's the problem, going out without gloves from December through to March is a death wish LOL.

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2013, 01:47:40 AM »
Brits don't have nothing on us Finns, regarding winters. And we really don't have nothing on for example Siberia or Alaska. The coldest I ever experienced was, when I lived in northern Finland. The lowest then was -45 celsius. Kinda chilly.  ;)

BBUKFan

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2013, 01:26:06 PM »
Quote from: antos
Brits don't have nothing on us Finns, regarding winters. And we really don't have nothing on for example Siberia or Alaska. The coldest I ever experienced was, when I lived in northern Finland. The lowest then was -45 celsius. Kinda chilly.  (Image removed from quote.)
OMG you couldn't go out in that weather surely!

I always wonder how the Finnish BB Housemates cope.

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 02:06:25 PM »
Quote from: Jack
Quote from: antos
Brits don't have nothing on us Finns, regarding winters. And we really don't have nothing on for example Siberia or Alaska. The coldest I ever experienced was, when I lived in northern Finland. The lowest then was -45 celsius. Kinda chilly.(Image removed from quote.)
  OMG you couldn't go out in that weather surely!

I always wonder how the Finnish BB Housemates cope.

It's survivable. Certainly not enjoyable. In southern Finland the record low is somewhere around -35 celsius. And the coldest during a BB-series was about -20.

I guess we just accommodate to the weather as much as we can. Half of the population don't really like the winters here. I'm one of that half. Not really complaining though.

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • I only support vaginas!
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2013, 04:00:21 PM »
In Portugal there is VERY cold, and we're almost in the Summer holidays! ::) ::) ::) ::) Also, some minutes ago, was RAINING, but now no! :P :P
So, until next Wednesday that will be cold, then that will be hot, then cold, then hot, etc.

BBUKFan

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2013, 02:47:48 AM »
Quote from: André
In Portugal there is VERY cold, and we're almost in the Summer holidays! (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) Also, some minutes ago, was RAINING, but now no! (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)
So, until next Wednesday that will be cold, then that will be hot, then cold, then hot, etc.
Sounds a bit like last years 2012 British Summer,  we had a rainy, damp summer last year, the year before a hot summer.

Not sure how this year will go.

Offline Depths of Bloomfield

• Big Brother
  • Username: Beatriz_Trapote
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2013, 08:15:51 AM »
It's Raining Men! Hallelujah! - It's Raining Men! Amen!

BBUKFan

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2013, 04:21:38 PM »
Today we reached 21oC in Scotland which is very high for us, I think it's on of the highest we've ever had, I love the hot weather, I'd be happy to trade living here with some of you! :P

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2013, 05:23:00 PM »
Today we reached 21oC in Scotland which is very high for us, I think it's on of the highest we've ever had, I love the hot weather, I'd be happy to trade living here with some of you! :P

Really? :o :o :o
BTW, I just saw that on the next week that will be very HOT! (In 17th June that will be 37ºC! :o :o :o)

Today in Portugal, there are 16ºC!

French

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2013, 04:15:13 PM »
Right now, kinda a storm, windy and rain.
But temperature's still warm in here for now.

I have fear of thunders & tempests  >:(

Offline Danny

• Big Brother
  • Username: UltimateBigBrotherFan96
  • Peasants.
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2013, 07:27:37 PM »
Nice and sunny out here!
80 degrees F (since US is like the only country who doesn't use celsius)
I love summer :)

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
  • Username: gabriel
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2013, 05:35:06 AM »
Boring day

:mad

8ºC  and it's raining all day

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2013, 10:35:29 AM »
Nice and sunny out here!
80 degrees F (since US is like the only country who doesn't use celsius)
I love summer :)

I love summer, too! :)
BTW, 80ºF is 26ºC.
http://curezone.com/conversions_temperature.asp

In Portugal there are today 25ºC! At morning (there is 10am here), there is cloudy! :-\

At 30th June, we'll have 36ºC! :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
PS: Danny, 36ºC is 96ºF