Author Topic: The Movie/TV Thread  (Read 28548 times)

Offline Depths of Bloomfield

• Big Brother
  • Username: Beatriz_Trapote
Re: The Movie/TV Thread
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2013, 10:00:07 PM »
I'm happy with my MORN edit

• Big Brother
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2013, 06:24:27 PM »
I still have to watch Lady Snowblood, the movie that inspired Kill Bill. I have it in my computer since 2010 lol I'm going to do it this weekend

• Big Brother
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2013, 05:17:01 PM »
already watched today Confessions by Tetsuya Nakashima, as most of the Asian thrillers I've seen it's a bit confusing but I loved it, the central character is TOP5 female characters in a movie ever. Thank god there's still good cinema in this new decade.

• Big Brother
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2013, 01:37:35 AM »
I'm downloading the French TV Series Les Revenants with Spanish subtitles

• Big Brother
« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2013, 06:25:16 PM »
I'm downloading the French TV Series Les Revenants with Spanish subtitles

(Image removed from quote.)

I've watched the first episode and I loved it!

• Big Brother
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2013, 12:16:34 AM »
I think I'm going to love this silent version of Snow White, I wanted to watch it on the cinema  :(

Free Gothic version of the popular tale by the Grimm Brothers, which is set in Spain during the 20s. Snow White is Carmen, a beautiful young woman with a troubled childhood for her terrible stepmother Encarna. Running from her past, Carmen undertakes an exciting journey accompanied by her new friends: a troupe of bullfighters dwarves.

• Big Brother
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2014, 01:14:28 AM »
tonight I watched with a friend:

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: jakiki
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2014, 02:04:32 AM »
tonight I watched with a friend:

(Image removed from quote.)

This is one of my favorite childhood movie and the movie itself is awesome. When I was a little girl I wanted to grow up as Karaba.

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2014, 12:31:59 AM »
Has anybody watched "Frozen" ? I went today with the kids and I think I enjoyed it even more then they did. Seriously one of the best disney ever.

• Big Brother
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2014, 12:45:19 AM »
Has anybody watched "Frozen" ? I went today with the kids and I think I enjoyed it even more then they did. Seriously one of the best disney ever.

No, but I've read it had good reviews, maybe I watch it, next Christmas

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2014, 12:49:39 AM »

i was so into it. Plus it really is a "feminist" movie in the sense that it breaks trhough with the traditional "princess in danger - man will save her". I loooooved it.

• Big Brother
« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2014, 12:53:34 AM »

i was so into it. Plus it really is a "feminist" movie in the sense that it breaks trhough with the traditional "princess in danger - man will save her". I loooooved it.

have you watched Spirited Away by Hayao Miyazaki? it's one of my favourite animation movies along with Mulan, I watched it last Christmas

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2014, 12:55:25 AM »

have you watched Spirited Away by Hayao Miyazaki? it's one of my favourite animation movies along with Mulan, I watched it last Christmas

of course! I love Miyazaki! I've seen all his work, i'm not into manga but his work is pure art. My favorite is "Princess Mononoke". I was so sad to hear he retired...

• Big Brother
« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2014, 01:00:05 AM »

of course! I love Miyazaki! I've seen all his work, i'm not into manga but his work is pure art. My favorite is "Princess Mononoke". I was so sad to hear he retired...

I still have to watch it but I have a comic from when I was like 8 with it which was what possibly happens in the middle of the movie or something like that lol

I also have to still watch Lost in Translation by Coppola

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2014, 01:03:12 AM »

I still have to watch it but I have a comic from when I was like 8 with it which was what possibly happens in the middle of the movie or something like that lol

i love this movie so much! Only him could make a movie with so much mythology and all !
Lost in translation is good too, but my favorite Coppola is Virgin Suicide

• Big Brother
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2014, 01:09:28 AM »

i love this movie so much! Only him could make a movie with so much mythology and all !

I'll rather read the book. I have promised myself to read the novel before seeing a movie from now on.

I'm targeting The Book Thief to read before seeing the movie.

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2014, 01:13:44 AM »

I'll rather read the book. I have promised myself to read the novel before seeing a movie from now on.

I'm targeting The Book Thief to read before seeing the movie.

i'm reading Stephen King's "Misery" right now. I want to read all his books

• Big Brother
« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2014, 01:20:19 AM »
I love and hate Stephen King at the same time, I've read from him Carrie, The Dead Zone, The Regulators and I have a book full of mini horror stories from him (plus another novel I haven't still read), he has a chaotic way to write but I still like him.

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2014, 01:32:32 AM »
I love and hate Stephen King at the same time, I've read from him Carrie, The Dead Zone, The Regulators and I have a book full of mini horror stories from him (plus another novel I haven't still read), he has a chaotic way to write but I still like him.

I've seen so many movies out of his books i need to read it. Plus my father is a big fan.

I found a playlist on youtube of "gay movies" where the main theme is gay lovestories and i watch one every night to help me sleep.

Yesterday I watched this one :

Dream Boy-OFFICIAL TRAILER

then i started whatching another one that was latino american but it was deleted and it was so good but i don't don't the name so i'm kinda hyperventilating right now  :'(

• Big Brother
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2014, 01:36:53 AM »
I have a female friend who is addicted to gay movies too (not lesbian, GAY), she watched one every day. Probably because most of the important men in her life ended up being gay.

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2014, 01:45:37 AM »
I have a female friend who is addicted to gay movies too (not lesbian, GAY), she watched one every day. Probably because most of the important men in her life ended up being gay.

most of my girlfriend read yaoi manga lol. I love it too

I FOUND IT!!! It's called "Contracorriente" ! But it's no longer on youtube so I will have to buy it i'm sure it'll be worth it

• Big Brother
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2014, 01:47:27 AM »
what is yaoi?

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2014, 01:53:19 AM »
Undertow Trailer - Contracorriente Trailer - Peru, Spanish w/ English Subtitles

what is yaoi?

it's manga written by women for women but about gay male relationships. It mostly romantic and homoerotic but there's also graphic sex in it. it's so goood

• Big Brother
« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2014, 02:02:00 AM »
I'm not really into gay romantic movies, I only watched Shelter because my friend wanted me to watch it lol

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2014, 02:11:50 AM »
I'm not really into gay romantic movies, I only watched Shelter because my friend wanted me to watch it lol

Have you watched "Weekend" ? Such a great movie. GA loved it, he saw it twice!