Author Topic: The Twist List  (Read 69 times)

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
The Twist List
« on: January 25, 2018, 08:58:49 PM »
With the traditional format somewhat stale at the minute just thought it be an idea to look at what twists have been done around the world - especially in recent years.   Try to concentrate on the bigger series defining twists rather than the small things or desperate so called twists which really aren't (i.e. 4 in, 4 out!)

Duels
BB Germany still love their rich/poor divide and Pinoy Big Brother seems to now focus on Duels to determine who lives where with a nightly duel during it's first week between one contestant selected from each half of the divide.  What they're playing for, and who they're playing for, seems to vary, but it seems their version of Celeb BB takes inspiration from I'm a Celeb in being all about the duels in week one and evictions in week two.

The Glass House
A few years old now but surprised more versions didn't do it - BB Brazil set up a glass house in a shopping centre for 4 potential HMs to live in, where people could walk by every day.  After a week or so two moved in to the main house.   

The White Room
Another one I believe originated in Brazil but did make its way to Australia and the UK, though not quite as effectively.  Basically first to quit is evicted.

Couples House/Singles House
BB Albania 9 began with two houses - one with 5 couples, one with 10 singles.

Most countries have dabbled with pairs, secrets or split houses in recent years, but if anyone can add to this list that would be great.  I think we're still waiting for the show to find that big new idea which can be rolled out worldwide to refresh the format.

Offline JustinBieberDingus

• Big Brother
  • Username: Trevor
Re: The Twist List
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 03:16:36 AM »
The Glass House is one twist I've always wanted BBUS to do. Given the issue with an actual show called "Glass House", they may not actually not be able to do that.

Josh, Paul, Cody, and Mark being locked in a Glass Box would be comedy gold, along with Paulie, DaVonne, Natalie, and Bridgette.