Author Topic: What is your opinion on Facebook?  (Read 2083 times)

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jack (spare)
What is your opinion on Facebook?
« on: October 28, 2011, 08:32:42 PM »
Im getting pretty sick of it tbh, my friends when they're at raves etc, they soend more time updating rather than actually having a dance and a drink, they can't leave it alone ::)

Also it has been the root of a lot of family troubles for me, me and my sister haven't spoken since March because of a huge argument caused by FB (she's off my friends list ;D) plus my cousins mum announced her uncles death (they were really close) on FB before actually having the decency to tell it to her face, they've fell out.

There's a reason why FB is called the 'Unsocial Networking Site' :-\

So are you on it and if so what's your opinion of it and some of it's users? - Im thinking of just closing mine soon lol
"If I go, I'm taking you with me, you filthy old eunuchs!"

Offline HJPK123

• Blogger
  • Ultimate Housemate
  • Independent thinking
Re: What is your opinion on Facebook?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 11:48:38 PM »
I'm NOT on it, mainly because of the data security issues.

Even though I didn't get to know that my best friend in school got married and stuff and didn't even bother to call me or send me an e-mail.
Jordan: "You know what, I always thought Spongebob was cheese!"

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 02:11:28 AM »
I'm NOT on it, mainly because of the data security issues.

Even though I didn't get to know that my best friend in school got married and stuff and didn't even bother to call me or send me an e-mail.

That's nice of him (Or her), who needs enemies when you've got friends like that.

French

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 02:26:33 AM »
I left FB.  :Ang
But Twitter yes.

I have no opinion of Facebook...

Offline AlexSP

• Big Brother
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 11:20:07 AM »
I have FB too, but I hardly ever use it. In Spain there is another social network site called Tuenti and I think it's more famous than Facebook here right now.

Those who are from Spain can understand me  ;)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8tDQe9FE4M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8tDQe9FE4M</a>

Offline JustinBieberDingus

• Big Brother
  • Username: Trevor
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 01:33:56 PM »
I LOVE FACEBOOK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

It lets me know who's well-rounded and who's worth deleting just because of the fact you have nothing in common with them. It's nothing personal, it's just space.

I have advocated politically on facebook & have whistle blown, LOTS of times. If you don't like hearing them, unfriend me, it lets me know what you think of me. If I speak to the police about my grandmother's husband, it belongs on facebook in my opinion. People HAVE a right to know if I choose to tell them. I say "being real helps you determine which friends are real".

I also have a group of people from New Hampshire, where I went to Primary school and haven't seen any of them in ten years almost. About forty of them are on FB, including at least four from WoBB, three from another site, and as far as High School, most of the girls are now mothers with Children.

Anyways, you should add me:
http://www.facebook.com/notifications#!/lolitsdan OR search my name Penndawt Carneal.

And add WoBB:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/World-of-Big-Brother/163624243685390?ref=ts

:)

Offline keitaro urashima

• Mole
  • Username: MonAcosta
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 05:22:54 PM »
i used to blog, but now since facebook is here, i stopped writing in paragraphs. Friendster, which was the first (I think) social network in the world that does the jobs of myspace and facebook used to be the number 1 social networking site here in the Philippines. But as Facebook grew in popularity, people less and less use Friendster until its end this year. 

Facebook is nice only if they did not make the changes that they made this year!

• Big Brother
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 03:19:22 AM »
Hey Guys! We should add each other on Facebook, if you want to. After all, we already agree to tell each other our deep dark secrets. :)

Here's my account, but let me know in a message that it's you.

http://www.facebook.com/lolitsdan?ref=tn_tnmn#!/lolitsdan - Yes, I use my stage name. :)

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 10:34:08 AM »
Hey Guys! We should add each other on Facebook, if you want to. After all, we already agree to tell each other our deep dark secrets. :)

http://www.facebook.com/lolitsdan?ref=tn_tnmn#!/lolitsdan - Yes, I use my stage name. :)

I will if I join again, my old account will have cobwebbed by now, plus I've got a whole load of friends to cull but I'm scared to lol

• Big Brother
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 04:15:32 AM »

I will if I join again, my old account will have cobwebbed by now, plus I've got a whole load of friends to cull but I'm scared to lol

If you're too scared to unfriend them, you can either have them on a restricted list, meaning they'll never see your statuses but appear on your friends list or do what I love to do: Categorise friends into groups, Hometown friends, University friends, Family, etc.

I have more friends from the UK than I do my own hometown on Facebook. That's not including the city I currently live in.