Author Topic: Slender  (Read 904 times)

Offline Depths of Bloomfield

• Big Brother
  • Username: Beatriz_Trapote
Slender
« on: March 08, 2013, 11:08:35 PM »
Have you ever played a game called Slender?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BswJKtn_9o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BswJKtn_9o</a>

Slender: The Eight Pages is set in the middle of a forest during night and is played from a first person perspective. The player's objective is to collect eight pages located in various areas of the forest while avoiding the Slender Man, a faceless humanoid entity. The player is equipped with only a flashlight to see through the dark; it has limited battery life and will eventually shut down permanently if left on for an extended period of time. The player character also has limited stamina as running will tire out the character and decrease their maximum walking speed. Slender Man occasionally appears in the player's field of vision, and game over occurs if the player stares at Slender Man too long or remains idle for too long. The game over screen shows Slender Man's face and static. As the player collects pages, the fog in the forest grows thicker and Slender Man appears closer to the player character.

Slender Man will not stop chasing the player's character even if all the eight pages have been collected, though the end credits can be viewed if all 8 pages were successfully collected, and new game modes are then unlocked. There is also a “grace period” in the very beginning of the game, during which Slender Man remains inactive for a few minutes or until the player collects the first page. The end of this grace period is indicated by a repetitive stomping sound echoing in the background, which is arguably emitted by Slender Man's movement. This sound is heard throughout the rest of the game & gradually gets quicker as more pages are collected.

Lol I could not even reach to have 3 pages, and it's very scary! It makes me feel so nervous this game.

Offline Rod

• Big Brother
  • Username: Rodd
Re: Slender
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 11:17:38 PM »
I've heard of this game, but I never delved into the subject.