Author Topic: Chat thread  (Read 595332 times)

BBUKFan

Re: Chat thread
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2013, 03:42:36 PM »
Quote from: André
Quote from: Jack on Today at 08:02:37 AM@Andre you're only 13 though, I couldn't even make a decent sandwich at 13 (Image removed from quote.)
But in Portugal, the fathers teach the children to cook, and some of my friends with 13/14 years cook, and cook very well! (Image removed from quote.)
That's very interesting, in most countries it's seen as the "woman's job" to cook traditionally, although that is quite outdated now.

@Wharram yes we do!  we get a class called Home Economics which is half sewing (boring) and then cooking. I remember I was terrible at both but that was beause the food I had to cook sucked :vio

But I can cook fairly well.

BTW... think I just got a F'in JOB!!! ;D

And the money is incredible! ;D

Offline Depths of Bloomfield

• Big Brother
  • Username: Beatriz_Trapote
« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2013, 03:47:25 PM »
Quote from: André
Quote from: Jack on Today at 08:02:37 AM@Andre you're only 13 though, I couldn't even make a decent sandwich at 13 (Image removed from quote.)
But in Portugal, the fathers teach the children to cook, and some of my friends with 13/14 years cook, and cook very well! (Image removed from quote.)
That's very interesting, in most countries it's seen as the "woman's job" to cook traditionally, although that is quite outdated now.

@Wharram yes we do!  we get a class called Home Economics which is half sewing (boring) and then cooking. I remember I was terrible at both but that was beause the food I had to cook sucked :vio

BTW... think I just got a F'in JOB!!! ;D

And the money is incredible! ;D

We were talking two weeks ago in the Psychology about having cooking classes instead  of useless subjects that aren't really needed in life, although I think I would fail in that classes lol

what's about that job?

BBUKFan

« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2013, 03:54:28 PM »
Quote from: CallMeWharram ♚
Quote from: Jack on Today at 08:42:36 AMQuote from: AndréQuote from: Jack on Today at 08:02:37 AM@Andre you're only 13 though, I couldn't even make a decent sandwich at 13 (Image removed from quote.)
But in Portugal, the fathers teach the children to cook, and some of my friends with 13/14 years cook, and cook very well! (Image removed from quote.)That's very interesting, in most countries it's seen as the "woman's job" to cook traditionally, although that is quite outdated now.

@Wharram yes we do!  we get a class called Home Economics which is half sewing (boring) and then cooking. I remember I was terrible at both but that was beause the food I had to cook sucked (Image removed from quote.)

BTW... think I just got a F'in JOB!!! (Image removed from quote.)

And the money is incredible! (Image removed from quote.)
We were talking two weeks ago in the Psychology  about having cooking classes instead  of useless subjects that aren't really needed in life, although I think I would fail in that classes lol

what's about that job?
I don't even know! I've applied for so many and had given up hope because I've never even gotten an interview, but this is a job in Glasgow (which is what I want) all I know is where the company are, I think it's a sort of office job, like investments?

I agree, Cooking can actually brighten yur life up, imagine if you move out into your own apartment, and you can't cook, that would suck but if you can cook then you can buy some cheap ingredients and make a nice meal out of it. Cookery is more useful and practical than Latin for sure.

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: jakiki
« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2013, 03:54:44 PM »

I once was in a student exchange in Ireland and I was supposed to take the "cooking class" but after 30min they asked me to leave and to go to the "bricolage" class lol

• Big Brother
« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2013, 03:56:45 PM »

I once was in a student exchange in Ireland and I was supposed to take the "cooking class" but after 30min they asked me to leave and to go to the "bricolage" class lol

Ireland had never asked to do an exchange with France since then, that's what happened:

• Big Brother
« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2013, 04:00:53 PM »
Quote from: Jack on Today at 08:42:36 AMQuote from: AndréQuote from: Jack on Today at 08:02:37 AM@Andre you're only 13 though, I couldn't even make a decent sandwich at 13 (Image removed from quote.)
But in Portugal, the fathers teach the children to cook, and some of my friends with 13/14 years cook, and cook very well! (Image removed from quote.)That's very interesting, in most countries it's seen as the "woman's job" to cook traditionally, although that is quite outdated now.

@Wharram yes we do!  we get a class called Home Economics which is half sewing (boring) and then cooking. I remember I was terrible at both but that was beause the food I had to cook sucked (Image removed from quote.)

We were talking two weeks ago in the Psychology  about having cooking classes instead  of useless subjects that aren't really needed in life, although I think I would fail in that classes lol

what's about that job?
I don't even know! I've applied for so many and had given up hope because I've never even gotten an interview, but this is a job in Glasgow (which is what I want) all I know is where the company are, I think it's a sort of office job, like investments?

They offered me a half-time job this Summer during a month whenever I wanted, but I declined lol to increase our marks High School makes an extra subject in Summer whenever you can choose a place and a job to work during a month and if you do it well you have 1 or 2 points more in the final marks.

BBUKFan

« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2013, 04:08:34 PM »
Quote from: Jaki
Quote from: Jack on Today at 08:42:36 AM@Wharram yes we do!  we get a class called Home Economics which is half sewing (boring) and then cooking. I remember I was terrible at both but that was beause the food I had to cook sucked (Image removed from quote.)
What is that? sounds like posh brick laying to me :D

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2013, 04:09:06 PM »

Ireland had never asked to do an exchange with France since then, that's what happened:
(Image removed from quote.)

let's be precise :

• Big Brother
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2013, 04:13:52 PM »

let's be precise :

In Spain we have "Bricolage Class" and it's called Technology, I remember my father did all my manual works such as a lamp or a house model made of wood lol

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2013, 04:22:10 PM »
let's be precise :

In Spain we have "Bricolage Class" and it's called Technology, I remember my father did all my manual works such as a lamp or a house model made of wood lol

That's what it was. I tried to do it but they didn't understand me either.

BBUKFan

« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2013, 04:22:52 PM »
Quote from: Jack on Today at 08:54:28 AMQuote from: CallMeWharram ♚Quote from: Jack on Today at 08:42:36 AMQuote from: AndréQuote from: Jack on Today at 08:02:37 AM@Andre you're only 13 though, I couldn't even make a decent sandwich at 13 (Image removed from quote.)

what's about that job? I don't even know! I've applied for so many and had given up hope because I've never even gotten an interview, but this is a job in Glasgow (which is what I want) all I know is where the company are, I think it's a sort of office job, like investments?
They offered me a half-time job this Summer during a month whenever I wanted, but I declined lol to increase our marks High School makes an extra subject in Summer whenever you can choose a place and a job to work during a month and if you do it well you have 1 or 2 points more in the final marks.
I have left school now,  and I have to get a job because until August the money they can claim for me being in full time education goes, and they can't afford to keep me (I'm not a cheap child) so I have to earn my own money.

But at least if I work my parents can't try to boss me around I'll be like "hang on I work as well!!" ;D

• Big Brother
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2013, 04:24:49 PM »
Quote from: Jack on Today at 08:54:28 AMQuote from: CallMeWharram ♚Quote from: Jack on Today at 08:42:36 AMQuote from: AndréQuote from: Jack on Today at 08:02:37 AM@Andre you're only 13 though, I couldn't even make a decent sandwich at 13 (Image removed from quote.)

what's about that job? I don't even know! I've applied for so many and had given up hope because I've never even gotten an interview, but this is a job in Glasgow (which is what I want) all I know is where the company are, I think it's a sort of office job, like investments?
I have left school now,  and I have to get a job because until August the money they can claim for me being in full time education goes, and they can't afford to keep me (I'm not a cheap child) so I have to earn my own money.

But at least if I work my parents can't try to boss me around I'll be like "hang on I work as well!!" ;D

When the day where I'll need money arrives, I know what to do http://golddiggers.uk.com/

• Big Brother
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2013, 04:29:00 PM »

When the day where I'll need money arrives, I know what to do http://golddiggers.uk.com/

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2013, 05:12:44 PM »
What does everybody think of the "new" Amanda Bynes ?

Offline Bipolar

• Runner-up
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2013, 05:26:57 PM »
Should I feel bad for not knowing who is she? I've heard her name quite a lot of times recently but I don't know her haha.

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2013, 05:35:19 PM »
Should I feel bad for not knowing who is she? I've heard her name quite a lot of times recently but I don't know her haha.

She use to be a Nickelodeon Princess and then movie star (like in Hairspray) and now she's twitter Queen with her famous "I want Drake to murder my vagina" and "you're ugly" hits.

She's also well known for her particular work out method :

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i8rtDTJDqk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i8rtDTJDqk</a>

• Big Brother
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2013, 05:54:00 PM »
Jaki what is your opinion on french queen Marlene Morreau?

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2013, 05:59:00 PM »

Here we don't know much about her to be honest. My mama likes her, that's all I know (and it's enough for me to say that i like her too then) lol

• Big Brother
« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2013, 06:04:00 PM »

Here we don't know much about her to be honest. My mama likes her, that's all I know (and it's enough for me to say that i like her too then) lol

the french bitch who God knows how ended up winning Gran Hermano <3333

I was curious of what she did in a show called Première compagnie in France.

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2013, 06:08:40 PM »

the french bitch who God knows how ended up winning Gran Hermano <3333

I was curious of what she did in a show called Première compagnie in France.

Oh god this show was an epic mess... She didn't do much that i can remember. All i remember is Jean Pierre Castaldi (the father of secret story's host). He was OTT lol

• Big Brother
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2013, 07:14:17 PM »
I'm asking myself what the hell happened this day to have such an amount of users here lol

469 - 17 Jaunuaty 2011, 08:21:14

BBUKFan

« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2013, 08:07:25 PM »
I'm asking myself what the hell happened this day to have such an amount of users here lol

469 - 17 Jaunuaty 2011, 08:21:14
I always thought that too, perhaps WoBB, Dan and joako were cleaning up the forum so made everybody active?

Offline Bipolar

• Runner-up
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2013, 10:11:12 PM »
Quote from: Bipolar on Today at 10:26:57 AMShould I feel bad for not knowing who is she? I've heard her name quite a lot of times recently but I don't know her haha.
She use to be a Nickelodeon Princess and then movie star (like in Hairspray) and now she's twitter Queen with her famous "I want Drake to murder my vagina" and "you're ugly" hits.

&amp;amp;lt;a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i8rtDTJDqk" target="_blank"&amp;amp;gt;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i8rtDTJDqk&amp;amp;lt;/a&amp;amp;gt;

That video... What the fuck? lol

I'll check her out later on on twitter :P. She seems to be nuts!

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2013, 10:16:09 PM »
Quote from: Bipolar on Today at 10:26:57 AMShould I feel bad for not knowing who is she? I've heard her name quite a lot of times recently but I don't know her haha.

&amp;amp;lt;a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i8rtDTJDqk" target="_blank"&amp;amp;gt;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i8rtDTJDqk&amp;amp;lt;/a&amp;amp;gt;

That video... What the fuck? lol

I'll check her out later on on twitter :P. She seems to be nuts!

She my favorite trainwreck ever.

Offline Danny

• Big Brother
  • Username: UltimateBigBrotherFan96
  • Peasants.
« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2013, 03:27:19 AM »
I'm going to learn how to cook this summer, do you guys know or I'm the only dummie here that doesn't?
I have no clue how to cook. All I do is go outside all day, I have no time to learn.
I need to before I go away to college though :/