Author Topic: Big Brother 14 UK  (Read 166897 times)

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
Re: Big Brother 14 UK
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2013, 01:26:01 PM »
Can't believe it took them so long to realise.

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jøsêttö
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2013, 11:56:08 AM »
Live feed back ? or not ?

Big Brother 2013 bosses have yet to decide whether or not the show’s live feed will make a comeback, we can exclusively reveal.

Channel 5 ditched the 24/7 live stream from the house when it took over the show back in 2011, much to the outrage of fans.

The UK series remains the only format not to offer such streams, with producers previously blaming the decision on the cost.

However, with a new team now working on the show, could a change be in store?

Already this year we’ve seen Emma Willis appointed as the new presenter, while the housemates are set to be more ‘normal’ than the usual types we’ve come to expect over the past two years.

A representative for Channel 5 told us that there was yet no official confirmation on how much live feed would feature in the summer series.

They said: “The 2013 series is still in development and no decisions have been made about its final format at the moment.”

Last year saw C5 at least begin to offer some live streaming from the house on digital channel 5*, which had up to a million viewers tuned in.

Big Brother narrator Marcus Bentley previously suggested that there would be more live feed on offer for the fourteenth series, saying: “Last year Channel 5 broadcast streaming after evictions these gained phenomenal viewing figures and I would imagine Channel 5 would like to build on that success.”

Big Brother 2013 will start on Channel 5 in June.

BBUKFan

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2013, 07:05:53 AM »
Rylan Clark confirmed to host 'Big Brother's Bit on the Side

Rylan Clark has been confirmed to host the new series of Big Brother's Bit on the Side along with Emma Willis.

The former X Factor star and Celebrity Big Brother winner will join Willis - who is also hosting the main show in place of original presenter Brian Dowling - on the spinoff this summer.

"I have followed the show since the very beginning," Clark said. "It was a dream come true to enter the Celebrity Big Brother house this year, let alone win it!

"Being offered the job to present Big Brother's Bit on the Side was amazing."

TV and radio presenter AJ Odudu has also joined the lineup for Bit on the Side, replacing Willis's former co-hosts Alice Levine and Jamie East.

Bit on the Side will air nightly after the main Big Brother show on Channel 5, with Clark also fronting a Sunday afternoon edition.

Ben Frow, Channel 5's Director of Programmes, added: "Big Brother's spin off shows have a history of bringing on new talent and with Rylan and AJ I think we have two future stars."

Clark had been heavily rumoured to present both Bit on the Side and The Xtra Factor prior to today's announcement.

It has also been confirmed that two hours of live feed will air nightly on 5* during this summer's Big Brother.
[/b]

I knew we wouldn't get 24/7 LF back, I'm pretty much prepared for disappointment from Channel 5.

I love how they've got rid of one loathsome presenter (Jamie East) and replaced him with one slightly less loathsome one ;D

Offline Depths of Bloomfield

• Big Brother
  • Username: Beatriz_Trapote
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2013, 07:35:29 AM »
Seems I'm not going to watch BOTS this season.

BBUKFan

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2013, 07:38:15 AM »
Quote from: CallMeWharram ♚
Seems I'm not going to watch BOTS this season.
I never watched it but now there's even less reason to watch it, particularly as a Spiedi fan >:D

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2013, 09:53:13 AM »
Thanks for the news Jack. I pratically didn't follow the previous season of CBB. Can I know why Rylan is so hated ? (i am curious :P)

And wow... 2 hours of live feed after the live shows... ? It seems definitely that the 24 hrs live feed will not be back this year.

Can't wait for Big Brother 14 !!!

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: jakiki
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2013, 10:14:45 AM »
Thanks for the news Jack. I pratically didn't follow the previous season of CBB. Can I know why Rylan is so hated ? (i am curious :P)

And wow... 2 hours of live feed after the live shows... ? It seems definitely that the 24 hrs live feed will not be back this year.

He's just very loud, very obnouxious, very dramatic and a little bit trashy. Not my cup of tea. I wonder what kind of formation he has to become a tv host...  ::)

• Big Brother
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2013, 10:24:37 AM »

He's just very loud, very obnouxious, very dramatic and a little bit trashy. Not my cup of tea. I wonder what kind of formation he has to become a tv host...  ::)

The same as

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: jakiki
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2013, 10:27:59 AM »

The same as

Haha, you could think yeah! But Mercedes is a journalist and she graduate in journalism anyway!

BBUKFan

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2013, 07:24:07 AM »
Quote from: Splendidamente
Thanks for the news Jack. I pratically didn't follow the previous season of CBB. Can I know why Rylan is so hated ? (i am curious )

I dislike him personally because I find him very attention seeking, he got annoyed whenever all the attention wasn't on him.

Just a typical loudmouthed idiot, not evil, just I couldn't stand him.

BBUKFan

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2013, 07:25:42 AM »
Quote from: CallMeWharram ♚
Quote from: Jaki on Yesterday at 10:14:45 AMQuote from: Splendidamente on Yesterday at 09:53:13 AMThanks for the news Jack. I pratically didn't follow the previous season of CBB. Can I know why Rylan is so hated ? (i am curious )

He's just very loud, very obnouxious, very dramatic and a little bit trashy. Not my cup of tea. I wonder what kind of formation he has to become a tv host... 
The same as

Mercedes is very experienced and good at what she does though, Rylan is just a dumb fame whore and I guarantee you if he was offered an X Factor hosting job he'd have taken that before the BOTS job.

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2013, 08:38:42 AM »
Thanks !

Offline BigBroJunkie

• Head of House
  • Username: kawasaki2289
  • Big Brother Junkie
    • Big Brother Junkie
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2013, 09:17:11 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04LEkSblCq4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04LEkSblCq4</a>
First Teaser For Big Brother UK 2013 #WHATSTHESECRET

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
  • Username: gabriel
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2013, 01:17:30 PM »
OMG Secrets in UK ... I love it

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2013, 01:39:29 PM »
A fairly blatant rip off of the 2004 BB Aussie campaign:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjbNv077eKE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjbNv077eKE</a>

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2013, 06:14:29 PM »
OMD if they do a terrible rip off of Secret Story with awful secrets I won't be happy.

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
  • Username: gabriel
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2013, 09:50:48 AM »
NEW TEASER

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYzO15Tco1Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYzO15Tco1Y</a>

Offline spongebob

• Finalist
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2013, 04:06:56 PM »
2 doors - one turquoise, one pink - I guess there will be 2 houses/flats

• Big Brother
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2013, 04:19:45 PM »
I'm actually pretty curious about the secret thing, it can be a good twist if it's pulled well thing, or it can be the worse though. 

Offline UKTJL

• Power of Veto
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2013, 10:05:08 AM »
Its rumored that BBUK is going to take on the format of secret story and will become more of a game that the usual popularity contest.
www.bbspy.co.uk/bb14/features/0517/is-big-brother-uk-about-to-turn-in-to-secret-story-whatsthesecret

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2013, 10:30:16 AM »
Its rumored that BBUK is going to take on the format of secret story and will become more of a game that the usual popularity contest.
www.bbspy.co.uk/bb14/features/0517/is-big-brother-uk-about-to-turn-in-to-secret-story-whatsthesecret
A few years ago, I would've said : yaaay! Now ? Just I hope it's not true. But apparently they are just making supposition because of the teasers, so I don't think so ;D

When you see how the last season was by their edits (even if it was a great season), with the secret story, you can be sure the edit will be more... well more good, but full of things out of context.

Just the fact you are lying to protect your secret or your strategy, they can edit the housemate's strategy like he was a big ******

Offline BigBroJunkie

• Head of House
  • Username: kawasaki2289
  • Big Brother Junkie
    • Big Brother Junkie
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2013, 08:32:55 PM »
BIG Brother contestants will face an unusual challenge when the show kicks off next month – an eco-friendly reality house where they must grow their own food.

The new clean and green house will open its doors on Channel 5 complete with recycled furniture. But while self-sufficient living might sound like a dream come true, this will not be The Good Life. One insider has already dubbed the new house “the home from hell”.A statement from Big Brother said: “It’s all about self-sufficiency and recycling this year. “As the housemates enter they will be greeted by a huge wall containing recycled life-size front doors. But what do they signify – and what lies behind them? “The sweeping staircase will take them down into an eco-style living space. “Although impressive in appearance, this house is not a hotel and provides a tougher environment than ever before.”Channel 5 bosses have called this year’s show Secrets And Lies as they prepare to put the weird and the wacky hopefuls through their paces. But it is not just the living environment that will be tough.Big Brother has promised “evil mind games”. Although impressive in appearance, this house is not a hotel and provides a tougher environment than ever before A statement from Big BrotherHousemates will be subjected to twists and tough tasks, leaving them wondering who to trust.The insider said: “It won’t be a walk in the park. Expect a summer of hell in the home from hell.”This year’s show is hosted by Emma Willis, 37. Celebrity Big Brother winner Rylan Clark, 24, and AJ Odudu, 20, will front the spin-off Big Brother’s Bit On The Side. Fans can look forward to a nightly dose of live action as bosses stream a live feed on 5*.
Source-http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/401813/Oh-Brother-BB-housemates-must-now-grow-their-own-food?

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • Username: marie44
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2013, 01:18:04 AM »
Jeez, Rylan as a host... I can barely understand half of what he's saying... And he's so trashy (even for "Essex" level)

But he could totally make up for it if he "ugly-cries" all the time, I hate him, but I love it when he cries! He's such an ugly crier its hilarious <3
FUTURE AFP OF BB19

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • Username: marie44
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2013, 01:19:03 AM »
Quote from: Charmed
Thanks for the news Jack. I pratically didn't follow the previous season of CBB. Can I know why Rylan is so hated ? (i am curious )

1 word: Attention-whore
FUTURE AFP OF BB19

BBUKFan

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2013, 10:40:17 AM »
BB14 will be referred to as "Big Brother: Secrets And Lies", why not just rebrand it as Secret Story?

Maybe a name change like that would lose viewers.

I hope the production don't f*ck this up like they do with most things.