Author Topic: CW plans on re-airing Two British Reality Shows  (Read 1747 times)

Offline JustinBieberDingus

• Big Brother
  • Username: Trevor
CW plans on re-airing Two British Reality Shows
« on: April 25, 2010, 02:41:15 PM »
TV Squad is reporting that CW, a network struggling to get ratings, has decided to consider adding British Reality TV to their timeslots to boost ratings. They plan on selecting just two shows. Chances are CW is suited best for the younger audience, and never the older audience, they'll easily pick two shows that feature young people, celebrity wannabe type shows.

If CW picks this decision and hoep they do, I HOPE to God they select BBUK. BBUK would be perfect for something like CW. Not to mention, it would be a DREAM COME TRUE to see BBUK here. I've always wanted to watch it. I'd also hope they pick I'm A Celebrity UK. However, if they want to play "safe", It would never surprise me for them to pick Britain's Got Talent or X Factor UK.

Offline Mikeo498

• Finalist
Re: CW plans on re-airing Two British Reality Shows
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 06:24:25 AM »
i highly doubt they'll pick BBUK (though that would be really awesome if they did!) but the most ideal shows are probably Britains Got Talent or UK X Factor. Im A Celebrity rights are now own by NBC so I doubt NBC will let another network show a show with the same name despite it being from another country. It will probably be some low rent reality show like Love Island or one called Vanity Lair (a fashion reality type show) which suites The CW as they show America's Next Top Model.

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 03:52:26 PM »
If they air BB UK they would either re-edit the episodes down from seven to five and re-edit the eviction to just one hour. If they did air BB UK I could see them do this:

Monday - Saturday/Sunday episodes
Tuesday - Monday episode @ 8 PM (CBS has BB USA on Tuesdays at 9 PM based on last summer)
Wednesday - Tuesday/Wednesday
Thursday - Thursday at 9 PM (BBUSA on CBS at 8 PM)
Friday - Eviction (they could either merge the episode into one hour or have either Fly Girls/High Society air in the last half hour of the night)

But since BBUK would fill 7.5 hours of their ten hour schedule I doubt they would do this since they want to air repeats of their fall shows (2.5 hours of repeats wouldn't cut it with the CW). Plus they like to launch their fall season in the last week of August/first week of September. If they air BBUK then they couldn't premiere their fall slate until the second week of September which conflicts with Fox. (They try to launch their shows before the Big Four.)

Mikeo498 BGT or XF UK wouldn't work either.
NBC owns the Got Talent rights in the USA. The only chance BGT has to air here is NBC airs it (unlikely) or one of the cable siblings (like USA, SyFy, etc) does.
Fox owns The X Factor rights in the USA. The only chance of XF UK airing here is on Fox (unlikely) or MyNetworkTV, or a cable sibling (FX, etc.)

Big Brother/Survivor/Undercover Boss would be the only likely big reality TV franchises that the CW could air from the UK as CBS holds the USA rights and The CW is a sibling of CBS (CBS owns half of The CW)

Offline Art

• Head of House
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 02:38:59 PM »
The Apprentice may also be a good one, the British version is miles better than the American.

• Big Brother
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 03:46:20 PM »
The Apprentice may also be a good one, the British version is miles better than the American.

Some other cable netowrk aired The Apprentice UK's first season. I saw like two episodes, then I completely forgot about it. So, I doubt CW would pick up The Apprentice UK.

Offline World of BB

• Administrator
  • Winner
  • Username: grahamuk
    • World of Big Brother
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 10:38:34 PM »
I presume that the CW have now announced their summer schedule and also their autumn (or if you are American "Fall") schedule. Is their any sign of any British reality shows?

• Big Brother
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 03:27:25 AM »
I just saw the CW schedule, and nothing is British. So, that got my hopes up. Plus, I found out I won't have CW, so it doesn't matter to me now.  >:(