Author Topic: Big Brother 15 UK  (Read 81995 times)

Offline Depths of Bloomfield

• Big Brother
  • Username: Beatriz_Trapote
Big Brother 15 UK
« on: August 25, 2013, 07:44:04 AM »
Channel 5′s director of programmes Ben Frow has hailed the success of Big Brother 2013: Secrets & Lies – but added that he is wary of becoming too dependant on such a ‘big beast’ of a show.

The fourteenth series of Big Brother – which ended on Monday with Sam Evans crowned as winner – was C5′s most successful to date, averaging a consolidated 1.9million viewers.

Speaking at the Guardian Edinburgh International Television Festival yesterday, Frow revealed he is cautiously optimistic that there is still a ‘good few years’ left in its format.

“Big Brother’s very important, I think it was genius, genius, genius of Channel 5 to take it,” he commented. “My only concern about it is that it’s such a big beast, and we need to manage the big beast because we can’t become over-reliant on it.

“It’s the great white hope in a way, but one day it will start to fail and tail off.”

However, in what sounded like a sneaky dig at Big Brother’s former home Channel 4, he added: “I think Channel 5 will have it for a very long time. It may not always be at 9 o’clock or 10 o’clock – it may move to 11 o’clock -but you don’t get rid of something that big without having a number of things up your sleeve to replace it.

“I like to think that it’s got a lot more in it and that we will continue to surprise people and evolve it. The basic premise of people in a house will always be the same, but I think there’s a good few years in it yet because we are significantly up on the last couple of years.”

Frow took up his role at Channel 5 earlier this year, replacing Jeff Ford, the chief who oversaw Big Brother’s revival on Channel 5 and made the decision to air two Celebrity series a year.

The broadcaster’s current deal with production company Endemol expires at the end of next summer, after the fifteenth civilian and fourteenth Celebrity run.

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/cbb12/news/0824/channel-5-ben-frow-wary-of-becoming-over-reliant-on-big-brother#ixzz2czKcPcCU

Offline wavefinger

• Head of House
Re: Big Brother 15 UK
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 11:40:47 AM »
wooo I filled out the application for auditions! (or well the application for details about auditions!) Maybe I will be on Big Brother next summer! 

• Big Brother
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 11:42:17 AM »
wooo I filled out the application for auditions! (or well the application for details about auditions!) Maybe I will be on Big Brother next summer!

I hope we have the male version of Hazel O'Sullivan next year so!

Offline wavefinger

• Head of House
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 12:16:47 PM »
Quote from: CallMeWharram ®
Quote from: wavefinger on Today at 11:40:47 AMwooo I filled out the application for auditions! (or well the application for details about auditions!) Maybe I will be on Big Brother next summer!
I hope we have the male version of Hazel O'Sullivan next year so!

hahahaha yes, hopefully without a Daley to ruin my chances!!! I'm moving to Italy this week but hopefully I would be able to fly to the UK for the Summer if I was picked!

• Big Brother
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 09:22:35 AM »
Big Brother producers Endemol UK are now looking for housemates for its fifteenth series, which will air in summer 2014.

For the second year running, there will not be an open auditions tour, meaning the official casting website is the only way that the public can try out for the Channel 5 show.

To apply, hopefuls must fill out the form located at bigbrotherauditions.com and attach a ninety second-long video of themselves explaining why they would make a great Big Brother contestant.

All applicants must be aged 18 or over on the date of their ‘first audition’, and either be a British national or have the right to reside in the UK. Successful candidates will be invited to appear in person for the producers during callbacks in January and February.

Bosses ditched open auditions ahead of this year’s civilian run for unspecified reasons, although it is thought low turnouts in previous years will have factored in to the decision.

Big Brother is next on our screens from Friday January 3rd with its latest Celebrity edition.

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bb15/news/1219/auditions-for-big-brother-15-uk-2014-now-open-apply-to-be-a-housemate#ixzz2o1rMArtY

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: jakiki
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 09:30:53 AM »
Big Brother producers Endemol UK are now looking for housemates for its fifteenth series, which will air in summer 2014.

For the second year running, there will not be an open auditions tour, meaning the official casting website is the only way that the public can try out for the Channel 5 show.

To apply, hopefuls must fill out the form located at bigbrotherauditions.com and attach a ninety second-long video of themselves explaining why they would make a great Big Brother contestant.

All applicants must be aged 18 or over on the date of their ‘first audition’, and either be a British national or have the right to reside in the UK. Successful candidates will be invited to appear in person for the producers during callbacks in January and February.

Bosses ditched open auditions ahead of this year’s civilian run for unspecified reasons, although it is thought low turnouts in previous years will have factored in to the decision.

Big Brother is next on our screens from Friday January 3rd with its latest Celebrity edition.

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bb15/news/1219/auditions-for-big-brother-15-uk-2014-now-open-apply-to-be-a-housemate#ixzz2o1rMArtY

oh yeah I wanted to say they castings are now open. They sent me a mail lol

• Big Brother
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 09:35:27 AM »

I would never enter in a Channel 5 season

Offline Jackie

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: jakiki
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 09:39:03 AM »

I would never enter in a Channel 5 season

i never asked for it

• Big Brother
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 09:43:35 AM »
things I would like to see this time:

- Two or three intruders during the first weeks
- Vote to save
- Less Z-freaks, more normal but not boring people
- Rylan collapsing in the first BOTS and dying under the vision of fifty people
- stop bringing boring disabled people who win for the pity vote
- 24 hours LF

• Big Brother
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 03:05:12 PM »
Auditions are open!

https://www.bigbrotherauditions.com/

how many time I would last if I was in?

• Big Brother
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 08:17:21 AM »
lol he send me a DM and then unfollowed me, I didn't even had time to RT

https://twitter.com/samuelpallett/status/421687855832772608

I wish you the worst of luck babe

• Big Brother
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 02:45:15 PM »
The mooted sale of Big Brother UK broadcaster Channel 5 has now entered its next stage after owners Northern & Shell delivered an information package to potential buyers.

Last month it emerged that the media company’s owner Richard Desmond had asked Barclays to investigate whether he could offload C5 for a sum of up to £700million.

According to Broadcast magazine, at least two parties have since expressed an interest in an acquisition – which has resulted in N&S preparing more formal plans for a sale.

The industry paper reports that a prospectus was sent out by chiefs earlier this month with details of a transaction. However, it is understood that Desmond – who bought C5 in 2010 for £103.5million – will only close a deal if it will earn him a substantial return on his investment.

As we wrote in January, a sale of Channel 5 would come as a significant blow to Big Brother as Desmond is its biggest backer, funding it from a cash pot separate to the main C5 budget.

The vast majority of the long-running reality format’s press coverage is also provided by his publishing empire, which includes titles such as OK! magazine and The Daily Star.

However, Big Brother has also been partly credited with turning C5 in to a profit-making operation after previous owners RTL racked up huge losses of £48million.

The show has also boosted C5′s ratings performance, helping it achieve a steady audience share in 2013. It also beat rival Channel 4 across one week last July for the first time ever.

The most recent Celebrity edition was particularly successful, becoming the highest rating series since 2010, and the first since 2006 whose final was more watched than its launch.

The current rights deal for Big Brother expires at the end of the year, following the fifteenth civilian and fourteenth celebrity series. C5′s director of programmes Ben Frow hinted last August that he wanted to renew it, although a firm announcement has yet to be made.

Earlier this week, media broadcaster Ofcom extended Channel 5′s transmission license for a further ten years.

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/cbb13/news/0213/channel-5-sale-closer-northern-shell-richard-desmond-formal-plans-info-package-big-brother#ixzz2tWHXQND5

• Big Brother
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 01:58:02 PM »
With word spreading that Richard Desmond is about to evict Channel 5 from the Northern & Shell stable, bbspy examines what the move could mean for its flagship show, Big Brother UK…

Dark clouds have been forming over the most famous house in Britain in recent weeks, as another storm threatens the future of our favourite reality show.

Just as it had hit its stride in its new home four years after being axed by Channel 4, Big Brother is now facing another period of uncertainty, as Channel 5 is being offered up for sale.

Although there’s been rumours current owner – media tycoon Richard Desmond – has been looking to offload it for months, it seems this time he’s serious, as he recently stepped down from C5′s board of directors, and he’s issued a deadline of next week for bids.

Of course, there’s the chance that he won’t go through with the deal – some analysts reckon his asking price of £700million may be a bit hefty. But that hasn’t stopped speculation among Big Brother fans about what will happen to it if C5 does change hands.

The sale would come as a significant below, even though BB is safe for the near future – the fifteenth civilian and fourteenth Celebrity series will air this summer.

But the contract has yet to be renewed – so what about the long-term? Here we look at how Big Brother might be affected if Channel 5 is taken over.

CON: Reduced press coverage
The second Richard Desmond waves bye-bye to Channel 5, Big Brother loses its close association with his publishing empire – and the vast majority of its press coverage.

Over the past three years, Northern & Shell titles including The Daily Star, OK! Magazine and New! Magazine have been largely responsible for drumming up interest for the show with countless pages of exclusive stories and questionable rumours (remember the promises of endless live feed and the slapdash Golden Ticket contest they ran in 2011?)

Although these titles will likely continue to feature it in some form – tabloids thrive on reality shows – you can guarantee that, without the vested interest, Big Brother definitely won’t be generating as many front page headlines.

PRO: A new focus
On the plus side, if C5 is taken over by a company that’s known more for broadcasting than showbiz gossip, there could well be an improvement in the quality of the show.

Desmond has made no secret of the fact that he intended to use Big Brother as a platform to boost profiles and cross-promote certain figures across his empire. The most notable example was Amy Childs, who landed her own C5 reality show after she came fourth in CBB8 – but even recently OK! has been milking the Lee Ryan love triangle for all it’s worth.

Although we doubt that a new owner would have a change of heart on the live feed, perhaps if they’re less celebrity obsessed they’ll re-establish the rules and order aspect of the format and tone down its recent TOWIE-with-tasks mantra.

Failing that, at least they might put an end to the days of housemates being allowed outside contact for other work opportunities…

CON: Budget cuts
In the run up to Channel 5′s Big Brother debut in 2011, it was confirmed by their former director of television Jeff Ford that Desmond funds the show from a cash pot separate to their main programming budget.

With someone less enthusiastic about the show at the top, the show would almost inevitably be subject to budget cuts, which would affect anything from the house design, to the quality of the tasks, to the calibre of Celebrity housemates.

PRO: Fewer Celebrity series
Fortunately, there’s an obvious way to slash costs – axe the summer Celebrity editions.

So far, they’ve only had slightly higher ratings than the civilian editions they’ve followed, and in terms of output they’ve paled in comparison to the winter series.

Therefore, a new owner may well see fit to return to the old format of one Celebrity and one normal version annually. Doing so would not only save money on whopping housemate fees – the highest paid ever were Irish X Factor twins Jedward (that’s right, Jedward) on an eye-watering £1million – but it would also reduce the production team’s workload and give them more time to come up with new ideas.

Such a move could also increase Big Brother’s lifespan, as viewer appetite for it will inevitably grow with one less series a year to look forward to.

CON: Less support from the new owners
But what if a new owner didn’t want to hold on to Big Brother?

When the show was in limbo after Channel 4 axed it, C5 – under its previous parent company RTL – was the only broadcasting firm that declared an interest in taking it on.

Once Desmond announced he’d acquired the network, he immediately named Big Brother as the first show he wanted to commission. His team entered talks with Endemol as soon as it had wrapped on C4, and he’s supported it ever since he signed the contract.

There’s always the possibility that his successor won’t want to hold on to the fifteen-year-old reality format – especially if it turns out to be one of the companies that declared it dead in 2009. And even if they want to keep BB in the short term, they could start looking at replacements sooner rather than later.

PRO: More support from the new owners
On the other hand, there’s the fact that Big Brother has far and away been Channel 5′s biggest success story of recent years.

BB has paid Channel 5 ratings dividends, helping them to increase their audience share in 2012 for the first time since 2004. It even beat its nearest rival, Channel 4, in the weekly shares across one seven day period last July – a feat it has never achieved before.

Meanwhile, the show’s viewing figures have increased every year since it switched broadcasters, with January’s CBB13 becoming the highest rated series since 2010 – and the first since 2006 whose final was more watched than its launch episode.

Big Brother has also helped C5′s business, being one of the factors that helped it turn over a profit of over £20million last year – RTL had previously racked up losses of £48million.

But in simpler terms, there’s no other C5 programme that gets the same amount of attention as Big Brother.

While millions have continued to follow the twists and turns from the Elstree Studios bungalow, The Bachelor fizzled out after two series, Dallas crashed from 3million viewers to the hundreds of thousands, American Idol failed to make the same impression on 5* that it did on ITV2 – and the less said about Celebrity Super Spa the better.

Even Monday’s The Big British Immigration Row: Live failed to maintain the two million that tuned in to the headline-grabbing The Big Benefits Row: Live earlier this month.

If Desmond does manage to rid himself of Channel 5, the new owner would be pretty stupid to ditch Big Brother. After all, you wouldn’t expect ITV to call time on The X Factor, even though it has lost three million viewers over three years…

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bb15/features/0221/channel-5-sale-what-does-it-mean-for-big-brother-uk-2014#ixzz2uGs3XgFh

TV is reportedly set to offer Emma Willis a presenting role on This Morning that would force her to quit Celebrity Big Brother.

Emma’s profile has exploded since she was promoted to the face of the Channel 5 show last year, with the BBC giving the 37-year-old her biggest gig to date by hiring her to replace Holly Willoughby on The Voice UK.

However, according to The Sunday People, ITV’s head of daytime Helen Warner will attempt to poach her as she seeks to ‘freshen up’ the broadcaster’s programming.

The newspaper claims Emma would have to leave both Big Brother and The Voice for the new job – even though Willoughby continued to front This Morning while working on the talent contest.

A source at ITV commented: “Emma is hugely ­talented and has so much potential to be one of the channel’s most high profile ­faces. They have a reputation for having great women and Emma would add to those already there and strengthen their position in the TV industry.”

Emma currently appears on This Morning as one of the hosts of its ‘Hub’ segment. She has also worked with ITV on ill-fated gameshow Prize Island, and ITV2 dating format Girlfriends.

Emma – who also presents a Sunday morning breakfast show on Heart FM with Stephen Mulhern – previously insisted that she’d ‘absolutely’ stay with Big Brother.

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bb15/news/0223/itv-persuading-emma-willis-to-quit-big-brother-channel-5#ixzz2uGrfCcMR

• Big Brother
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 01:59:57 PM »
I hope another channel buys Big Brother in that case, C5 sucks

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
  • Username: gabriel
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 02:21:35 PM »
Quote from: CMW
I hope another channel buys Big Brother in that case, C5 sucks
ITV and BBC is impossible....
C4? ::) 

• Big Brother
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2014, 04:56:45 AM »
ITV could be planning to ‘swoop in’ and snatch the rights to Big Brother for digital channel ITV2, a new report has claimed.

According to the Telegraph, ‘industry rumours’ suggest that the broadcaster is eyeing the show as a potential replacement for structured reality series The Only Way Is Essex, which will move to new service ITVBe later this year.

The launch of ITVBe – which is to feature lifestyle and reality programming aimed at young women – means ITV2 will start focussing on “unashamed entertainment”. All of ITV’s digital channels are overseen by Angela Jain, who was the commissioning editor for Big Brother in its later years on Channel 4.

When asked by the broadsheet newspaper if ITV is interested in BB, a spokesperson from the company declined to comment.

The news intensifies speculation that Channel 5 will be challenged for the rights to the long-running reality format, with its current deal set to expire later this year after the fourteenth civilian and fifteenth Celebrity series.

Yesterday, a senior executive at C4 also refused to comment on whether it could reclaim the show, but a spokesperson has since insisted to bbspy that it has “no plans” to do so.

The rumours could also indicate that Big Brother has become an attractive proposition in the UK TV industry once more. Except for C5, all major broadcasters – including ITV – ruled out the opportunity to buy BB after C4 axed it in 2009.

ITV was last linked to BB in 2006, while the show was at the height of its popularity. At the time, reports claimed the network was prepared to put up an “almighty fight” to steal it.

Bosses at C5 – which is still in the middle of a sale process – have yet to comment on whether they intend to renew its contract for Big Brother.

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bb15/news/0402/itv-to-challenge-channel-5-for-big-brother-rights-itv2#ixzz2yfVBYiQQ

thank god, I hope ITV gets it, let BB stay away from C5

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jøsêttö
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 01:10:16 PM »
Big Brother 2014 to have "special theme", whatever that means

According to the show’s narrator Marcus Bentley.
Yes I’m told there is a rather special theme this year,” he wrote on Twitter.

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 05:00:29 PM »
Hopefully the theme is "The Mute Narrator".   However good a job C5 do with the show I just find it unwatchable with him spoon feeding every bit of info and even worse offering a biased narration of events in the house.

• Big Brother
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 08:23:07 AM »
Wannabe celebrity Josie Cunningham says she’s planning to have an abortion so she can appear on Channel 5′s Big Brother this summer.

The 23-year-old – who caused outrage last year when she demanded a £5,000 boob job on the NHS – claims that producers of the show approached her to become a housemate in an upcoming series.

However, they apparently backed out of talks after the press revealed that she was pregnant.

Now Josie – who currently works as an escort – wants to get rid of the baby eighteen weeks in to her pregnancy as she believes the move would “further her career”. The father is thought to be either a Premier League footballer or one of her clients.

In an interview with the Mirror newspaper, Josie said: “Channel 5 were keen to shortlist me then they found out I was pregnant. Then they suddenly turned cold.

“That was when I started considering an abortion. After the operation I will be going back to them and asking if they will still consider me. I’ve also had loads of other offers to further my career – and I’m not willing to give them up because I’m pregnant.”

The mysterious footballer is said to have offered to fund the abortion for Josie, who already has two boys, aged six and three. She added: “People will disagree with my actions. They always do, but I don’t care. It’s not ideal situation and I wish I had never fallen pregnant.”

The news has prompted a backlash against Josie, with a whopping 92% of voters in a Mirror poll saying they would boycott Big Brother if she made it in to the house.

Social media users have also vented their outrage, with @Leightwinst on Twitter describing Josie as “a new low for humanity”, while @Abi_Mcleod said she “makes my stomach churn”.

Big Brother returns in June for its fifteenth civilian series, with the fourteenth Celebrity edition following in August.

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bb15/news/0420/josie-cunningham-to-abort-her-baby-for-big-brother-model-boob-job#ixzz2zifBz4MM

• Big Brother
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 08:50:46 AM »
TV is reportedly set to offer Emma Willis a presenting role on This Morning that would force her to quit Celebrity Big Brother.

Emma’s profile has exploded since she was promoted to the face of the Channel 5 show last year, with the BBC giving the 37-year-old her biggest gig to date by hiring her to replace Holly Willoughby on The Voice UK.

However, according to The Sunday People, ITV’s head of daytime Helen Warner will attempt to poach her as she seeks to ‘freshen up’ the broadcaster’s programming.

The newspaper claims Emma would have to leave both Big Brother and The Voice for the new job – even though Willoughby continued to front This Morning while working on the talent contest.

A source at ITV commented: “Emma is hugely ­talented and has so much potential to be one of the channel’s most high profile ­faces. They have a reputation for having great women and Emma would add to those already there and strengthen their position in the TV industry.”

Emma currently appears on This Morning as one of the hosts of its ‘Hub’ segment. She has also worked with ITV on ill-fated gameshow Prize Island, and ITV2 dating format Girlfriends.

Emma – who also presents a Sunday morning breakfast show on Heart FM with Stephen Mulhern – previously insisted that she’d ‘absolutely’ stay with Big Brother.

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bb15/news/0223/itv-persuading-emma-willis-to-quit-big-brother-channel-5#ixzz2zim5w5wW

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2014, 01:39:40 PM »
Big Blagger
‏@bigblaggeruk
Diary Room is set to return downstairs for the new series, which begins in June #BBUK

https://twitter.com/bigblaggeruk/statuses/457614088131317760

Offline rafacarrilho

• Head of House
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2014, 01:43:23 PM »
That seems to fit the description of the BB7UK PERFECTLY. ALL OF IT.

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2014, 01:46:58 PM »
Quote from: rafacarrilho
Sorry, the text is from 2006... :-\

Offline rafacarrilho

• Head of House
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2014, 01:53:14 PM »
Quote from: rafacarrilho
Sorry, the text is from 2006... :-\
Oh, well, that explains it

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2014, 11:27:55 AM »
The Big Brother 2014 start date is set for early June again, so there is plenty more waiting to do!

The Channel 5 reality show will launch what will be its fifteenth series in less than two months time, with host Emma Willis back at the helm.

Well, we assume.

The Voice UK presenter took over from Brian Dowling on the Channel 5 show last year and said at the time: “I am thrilled to have been offered this job.

“I’m a fan first and foremost so to be able to front the show is going to be amazing. Roll on the summer!”

But it could be the last series to air on Channel 5 and possibly the UK completely with the channel up for sale and current Big Brother contract set to expire at the end of the year.

However there have been rumours that ITV2 are interested in buying Big Brother and even talk that Channel 4 may want it back.

As well as the ‘normal’ series of Big Brother this summer will be the sixteenth series of Celebrity Big Brother, with names including Helen Flanagan and White Dee tipped to be housemates.

Auditions for Big Brother 2014 took place earlier this year, being completed online only for the first time in the show’s history.
http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/big-brother/181376-big-brother-2014-start-date-set-for-june-on-channel-5.html