Author Topic: Big Brother 5 Greece  (Read 55158 times)

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
Re: Big Brother 5 Greece
« Reply #125 on: January 14, 2011, 10:02:49 PM »
Thanks for the recaps Nax, it's great to read someone who understand Greek  :P

BTW, did they say the percentages on the live show?   ???

It's my pleasure joako! Thank you for so many contributions for BB shows you're making to feed our addiction :)

I wish I could translated them and post them while watching, but I may do this after I finish with the season.

They did not mention eviction percentages on the live show either on the first or the second eviction that I'm watching now. I avoid the official site to avoid as many spoilers as possible.

A funny bit was during the second eviction when the couple, Giannis L. and Valentina were nominated, Valentina's father pleaded with Roula, the presenter, to give them a pass and let them stay in the house because they passed their task of keeping their secret of being a couple. The poor guy at least he tried.

I think it was after the 3d eviction that they started showing some voting graphics just before the voting ends. Percentages were not revealed and of course they weren't revealing who leads each voting.

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #126 on: January 14, 2011, 10:06:46 PM »
Ah thanks for that information prison_break, and welcome to the forum!  :)

Thanks! Nice to meet you too!
I don't want to include any potential spoiler but i can say that Endemol wouldn't be that happy if it was in the position to see how ALPHA TV has handled the whole procedure.

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #127 on: January 14, 2011, 10:10:41 PM »
Hello friends! :)

The major situations for the first week in case you don't know already, is that there's a secret mission for Gianni L and his girlfriend Valentina, the girl with the red curly hair, to keep it from the other housemates that they're a real life couple. Stella was also told by BB about this secret (I can't figure out why) and BB asked her to make sure the other two keep it a secret. The punishment for letting others know is immediate nomination.

Because she knew them from before. Add that to your long scandals list you will discover.

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jack (spare)
« Reply #128 on: January 14, 2011, 11:12:26 PM »
@prison_break since the percentages haven't been released, have there been any evictions so far that were close to call or HM's who have probably broken the 95% record yet lolz.

Why would people vote out Elina if Valentina did this to her?

btw welcome to the forums ;D
"If I go, I'm taking you with me, you filthy old eunuchs!"

Offline joako

• Administrator
  • Big Brother
« Reply #129 on: January 14, 2011, 11:15:47 PM »
Welcome to the forum prison_break  ;D

It's great to have now 2 members who understand Greek  :P

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jack (spare)
« Reply #130 on: January 14, 2011, 11:32:47 PM »
Welcome to the forum prison_break  ;D

It's great to have now 2 members who understand Greek  :P

Can u understand Greek?, f*** sake joako, what languages don't you know :o I wish I had the same ability, I can only speak English, French and 90% of German, which Is very un-fluent (if that's a word :D)
"If I go, I'm taking you with me, you filthy old eunuchs!"

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2011, 01:17:40 AM »
@prison_break since the percentages haven't been released, have there been any evictions so far that were close to call or HM's who have probably broken the 95% record yet lolz.

Why would people vote out Elina if Valentina did this to her?

btw welcome to the forums ;D

Ok, about the percentages. It's a common case in Greece not to reveal any percentages in any kind of show that requires televoting (X Factor, Big Brother, Fame Story etc), although they have done it in rare cases before.
For what matters BB5, at some point and i think that was during the 2nd eviction they decided to show some graphics just before the voting ends. The graphics were not revealing neither the actual numbers nor which bar belongs to which contestant.
Here's an example from the 5th eviction.

(Please, do mind this photo does not show the respective percentage for the persons you see. The photos of the contestants were moving over every single bar)

Hardly ever were just only 2 contestants up against so we can't really have any safe conclusions on whether someone got a really huge percentage to be evicted. I do remember though that both Ntoreta and Nikoleta had a clear and huge gap from the 2nd nomination.

Elina was voted out because she was simply promoted as a lazy slut bitch who is constantly fighting. The scene where Valentina is attacking her was not shown on TV and wasn't even implied with any way during that week. It was only later revealed by Elina herself during her interview, after she was evicted. Roula, the hostess, confirmed the incident and informed the public that this was not something ALPHA wanted to promote as it was a sad case.
In addition, Elina went to the hospital for 1 day during her participation because of an allergic shock, something the viewers did not see or got the chance to be informed about. This, along with the fact she was attacked are the reasons she has sued the production team.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 01:35:41 AM by prison_break »

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
Big Brother The Channel
« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2011, 01:41:05 AM »
For those who are interested in that piece of information.

Alpha TV came to an agreement with the private cable provider NOVA for a BB channel that would transmit 23h per day, live from the house. (A similar agreement was made for BB1, BB2, BB3, FS1, FS2). Unfortunately, 2 months later the national radio television council of the country forced its permanent cut because they claimed it's inappropriate for non adults and that it didn't have a permission to be on air anyway.

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #133 on: January 15, 2011, 02:09:08 AM »
Trailer for this week's live show is up.
It says Antonis will have a huge surprise (i assume it's about the car although i still have hopes that his surprise will be his eviction!) and that we'll have an open nomination voting.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-EF5SFgu9Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-EF5SFgu9Y</a>

Offline Nax

• Head of House
Re: Big Brother The Channel
« Reply #134 on: January 15, 2011, 02:34:23 AM »
For those who are interested in that piece of information.

Alpha TV came to an agreement with the private cable provider NOVA for a BB channel that would transmit 23h per day, live from the house. (A similar agreement was made for BB1, BB2, BB3, FS1, FS2). Unfortunately, 2 months later the national radio television council of the country forced its permanent cut because they claimed it's inappropriate for non adults and that it didn't have a permission to be on air anyway.

I was just about to ask you why live feed was cancelled. Nice to see you here, prison_break :)

Offline Nax

• Head of House
« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2011, 02:53:46 AM »
Can u understand Greek?, f*** sake joako, what languages don't you know :o I wish I had the same ability, I can only speak English, French and 90% of German, which Is very un-fluent (if that's a word :D)

I think he meant me ;D

Offline Mikeo498

• Finalist
« Reply #136 on: January 15, 2011, 02:55:33 AM »
Wow, seems this show is a bit of a mess. Perhaps simply its due to new people in production compared to BB1-4.

Offline Nax

• Head of House
« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2011, 03:00:01 AM »
Wow, seems this show is a bit of a mess. Perhaps simply its due to new people in production compared to BB1-4.

Definitely. There are other countries with major production gaps or f*ck ups, but the Greek mentality must be a surprise to the Endemol production consultants that signed up for this GR season.

On the other hand, the Army training task on BBGR (from back on Oct 27) is much better than the English one on a recent UK version who treated the house mate in that task with gloves and sounded like a kitten with a sore throat :)

Offline Nax

• Head of House
« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2011, 03:09:32 AM »

Ok i live in Greece and closely following the show so feel free to ask me anything....

prison_break,

Do you know of any sites or any other way to get all the TV shows and complete without any omissions? I watch them from the alphatv.gr site but I can't hack the pages and download the stored videos... I have to watch them and record the screen.

Are there any decent forums or chat rooms with BB fans, other than the official alphatv site?

The call-in votes are a bit expensive at about € 1.5 (US $2) a vote. What is your best guess of the age group that votes by phone?

Thanks for the updates :)

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2011, 03:12:25 AM »

Definitely. There are other countries with major production gaps or f*ck ups, but the Greek mentality must be a surprise to the Endemol production consultants that signed up for this GR season.

On the other hand, the Army training task on BBGR (from back on Oct 27) is much better than the English one on a recent UK version who treated the house mate in that task with gloves and sounded like a kitten with a sore throat :)

CONTAINS SPOILERS
I was about to say how on earth did endemol allow all these to happen? Because in the end it says a lot about the show's credibility.
Contestants allowed not to vote
Contestants allowed not to save one of the nominees
Contestants meeting their relatives constantly
Contestants being shown with videos including voting details.
A clear promotion for a specific participant.
A supposed replacement for a contestant that walked (Evelina) with another one that was already evicted (Alexis) while on a similar case (with Giorgos) they just canceled the voting.
They are giving benefits to the HoH depending on who they like to stay or not. So we have seen 3 kind of different benefits so far: to give immunity, to double-vote and the most common to save one of the nominees (that hasn't worked at all and they keep nsisting on this without a serious penalty)

And these are just some of the numerous fails the show has.

Offline Mikeo498

• Finalist
« Reply #140 on: January 15, 2011, 03:19:40 AM »

CONTAINS SPOILERS
I was about to say how on earth did endemol allow all these to happen? Because in the end it says a lot about the show's credibility.
Contestants allowed not to vote
Contestants allowed not to save one of the nominees
Contestants meeting their relatives constantly
Contestants being shown with videos including voting details.
A clear promotion for a specific participant.
A supposed replacement for a contestant that walked (Evelina) with another one that was already evicted (Alexis) while on a similar case (with Giorgos) they just canceled the voting.
They are giving benefits to the HoH depending on who they like to stay or not. So we have seen 3 kind of different benefits so far: to give immunity, to double-vote and the most common to save one of the nominees (that hasn't worked at all and they keep nsisting on this without a serious penalty)

Well, sounds like Grande Fratello and a bit of Gran Hermano Spain & Argentina

Grande Fratello:
- Contestants meeting relatives or getting messages from them.
- Contestants being shown videos of events in the house.

Gran Hermano Argentina:
- Contestants allowed not to vote
- Clear promotion for a specific contestant

Gran Hermano Spain:
- Bringing back exHMs

How is Roula as host? Fair? Biased? I find her a bit boring even though I know she has done previous hosting gigs and that alone should be experience.

Offline Nax

• Head of House
« Reply #141 on: January 15, 2011, 03:25:04 AM »

Some of these have happened in the BB UK show, which is consistently considered to be the best produced BB show (I haven't watched any from Scandinavia) but I'm sure all of these and maybe worse things have happened in other BB shows from Europe or Latin America.

BB purists have a lot to complain about because even UK has repeatedly twisted the rules to facilitate popular house mates, but I don't think Endemol cares about how the game is played, as long as the show is popular and they get their licensing fees.

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #142 on: January 15, 2011, 03:25:27 AM »

Ok i live in Greece and closely following the show so feel free to ask me anything....

prison_break,

Do you know of any sites or any other way to get all the TV shows and complete without any omissions? I watch them from the alphatv.gr site but I can't hack the pages and download the stored videos... I have to watch them and record the screen.

Are there any decent forums or chat rooms with BB fans, other than the official alphatv site?

The call-in votes are a bit expensive at about € 1.5 (US $2) a vote. What is your best guess of the age group that votes by phone?

Thanks for the updates :)

Yes it's expensive but it's a fixed price for every televoting procedure in Greece, even for Eurovision which runs in the national network.
Well i assume most of the people voting in these shows are usually the ones who are not paying their own phone bills :-)
I guess there are adults too most probably people till their 35s. But the huge majority has to be teenagers.

The most crowded place to discuss about BB is the "BigBrother" fan page in Facebook with more than 29.000 people to date.

As for the full episodes the best place is this YT channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MeLiTiNi27
I think that user has uploaded all episodes since Week 8, the titles to follow are usually like this "Big brother W08D01"
Each episodes are divided in parts as you'll see. Go check.

Offline Nax

• Head of House
« Reply #143 on: January 15, 2011, 03:31:55 AM »
How is Roula as host? Fair? Biased? I find her a bit boring even though I know she has done previous hosting gigs and that alone should be experience.

I bet she gets a script with questions from the foreign production consultants, and the rest of the time she has, she's asking moronic questions, repeatedly telling the housemates they knew what they were getting into -- she doesn't realize that her job is to avoid just that particular comment! If they knew what they were getting into then why interview them, you idiot! lol

For some reason the house mates like her and think she's a goddess. She calls everyone with the very friendly "my" with their name, like "my Gianni", "my Alexi", "my Nikoleta", etc, the way moms or grandmas call their children, which is very annoying, to me at least.

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #144 on: January 15, 2011, 03:32:58 AM »

Roula was indeed boring until almost the halfway, when the show itself was boring to no end anyway!
the thing with her is that she is bitching at several contestants lately. Not sure if you have watched the last 4-5 live shows but she has clearly raised her tone and caused several issues in the house. I guess that explains why the ratings are better this last month.
Also she had a sort of a fight with one contestant during the last live show, something that made to the headlines this week in the media.

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2011, 03:38:02 AM »
Also this is one of the most hilarious moments to date when she just couldn't stop laughing on air!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtRIomvU-i8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtRIomvU-i8</a>

Offline Nax

• Head of House
« Reply #146 on: January 15, 2011, 03:39:50 AM »

The most crowded place to discuss about BB is the "BigBrother" fan page in Facebook with more than 29.000 people to date.

As for the full episodes the best place is this YT channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MeLiTiNi27
I think that user has uploaded all episodes since Week 8, the titles to follow are usually like this "Big brother W08D01"

Facebook is the devil! lol... I'm not going there.

MeLiTiNi27's channel is where I saw BBGR when I was looking for something else, first time last week. He probably has whole videos but the best list of videos from alpha.tv that I found is here:
http://www.livemovies.gr/shows/big-brother

I used to know how to hack aspx pages so I can download the videos directly, but it's been a while :)

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #147 on: January 15, 2011, 03:44:26 AM »

Facebook is the devil! lol... I'm not going there.

MeLiTiNi27's channel is where I saw BBGR when I was looking for something else, first time last week. He probably has whole videos but the best list of videos from alpha.tv that I found is here:
http://www.livemovies.gr/shows/big-brother

I used to know how to hack aspx pages so I can download the videos directly, but it's been a while :)

well devil or not you can make a fake account and just join the grp :P
When you reach week 8 you can follow that videos on YT since he has uploaded all of them.
Did u see the previous video i posted? lol

Offline Nax

• Head of House
« Reply #148 on: January 15, 2011, 03:54:02 AM »

haha... just watched it.  I have to pause the recording of the show to do anything else with sound on this PC.... I'm still on the week after the 2nd eviction.

She didn't seem drunk... lol

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #149 on: January 15, 2011, 03:57:39 AM »

haha... just watched it.  I have to pause the recording of the show to do anything else with sound on this PC.... I'm still on the week after the 2nd eviction.

She didn't seem drunk... lol

ok you are still behind. I think the real interest begins after the 4th eviction, basically when all the cannon fodders are out :)