Author Topic: Big Brother 5 Greece  (Read 50806 times)

Offline Nax

• Head of House
Re: Big Brother 5 Greece
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2011, 10:07:07 PM »

ok you are still behind. I think the real interest begins after the 4th eviction, basically when all the cannon fodders are out :)

That channel on Youtube spoiled me a lot... I've seen clips of Gianni F. and his father and his girlfriend, and scenes of a huge fight with him and Evelina, so I kind of know what's coming, but it's OK.

What I notice is that all of them are very guarded and very hesitant to show their real personalities. The BB Israel house mates are very similar, possibly because the cultures are so alike. The Israelis are much more self-centered and go on and on and on for days, about analyzing every single thing they do, always with doom and destruction looming over the universe (expected, I guess), but the Greek house mates  have a little bit of that eternal drama that they pretend rules their lives and presents so many obstacles for them to deal with.

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #151 on: January 14, 2011, 10:11:03 PM »

ok you are still behind. I think the real interest begins after the 4th eviction, basically when all the cannon fodders are out :)

That channel on Youtube spoiled me a lot... I've seen clips of Gianni F. and his father and his girlfriend, and scenes of a huge fight with him and Evelina, so I kind of know what's coming, but it's OK.

What I notice is that all of them are very guarded and very hesitant to show their real personalities. The BB Israel house mates are very similar, possibly because the cultures are so alike. The Israelis are much more self-centered and go on and on and on for days, about analyzing every single thing they do, always with doom and destruction looming over the universe (expected, I guess), but the Greek house mates  have a little bit of that eternal drama that they pretend rules their lives and presents so many obstacles for them to deal with.

they are not really spoilers, the production will make its intentions pretty clear on what is going to follow. There's only so much that can surprise you :)

Offline Nax

• Head of House
« Reply #152 on: January 14, 2011, 10:19:18 PM »
they are not really spoilers, the production will make its intentions pretty clear on what is going to follow. There's only so much that can surprise you :)

BB superfans, like the kind you will find around here, are all beyond the limitations of production ;D

The biggest problem I have with this season is the constant, unending, persistent, unrelenting and compressed to h*ell music every single microsecond of every show! There's no break for someone that watches to just observe people without the constant pounding of loud music.

The choice of tunes is actually quite good because it fits a lot of underlying personal situations, but they should take a break once in a while and give the audience's brains a chance to catch up with what's happening.

In any case, the Arvanitaki song on the Oct 29 show with Nara and Mihali in bed was spot on! :D

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #153 on: January 14, 2011, 10:20:35 PM »

In any case, the Arvanitaki song on the Oct 29 show with Nara and Mihali in bed was spot on! :D

awww glykia mou...Nara..... that's a slogan already.

Offline Nax

• Head of House
« Reply #154 on: January 14, 2011, 10:24:22 PM »
awww glykia mou...Nara..... that's a slogan already.

lol... I can see the hordes of Greeks in cafes, sipping their frappe coffee and sucking on the 50th cigarette of the day, lamenting with "Γλυκειά μου Νάρα!"  (my sweet Nara)...

By the way, the Army trainer guy is very funny! ;D

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #155 on: January 15, 2011, 07:26:12 AM »
prison_break, I have a question about the launch. After Elina, Nikoleta and Ntoreta chose Alexis to enter over Giannis F. and Dimitris, how was it decided who of Dimitris and Giannis F. would enter? I know the girls voted for Alexis 2-1 (with Nikoleta voting for Dimitris), but the website never mentioned if Giannis F. was chosen by Big Brother or some other means.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 07:48:53 AM by OmgItsPhil »

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2011, 09:48:04 AM »
prison_break, I have a question about the launch. After Elina, Nikoleta and Ntoreta chose Alexis to enter over Giannis F. and Dimitris, how was it decided who of Dimitris and Giannis F. would enter? I know the girls voted for Alexis 2-1 (with Nikoleta voting for Dimitris), but the website never mentioned if Giannis F. was chosen by Big Brother or some other means.

It was said it was the Big Brother's choice. Well, judging by how the show has progressed i assume there was no way they would have left him out of the house. :-)

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2011, 10:11:18 AM »
Ah right, thanks. I saw the video but as I don't speak Greek I wasn't sure whether the public voted or not as the host seemed to drag out the final decision for a long time. Thanks again ;D

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2011, 11:51:44 AM »
Where are you from guys?

Offline Mikeo498

• Finalist
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2011, 01:37:37 PM »
Where are you from guys?

New York!

"Concrete jungle where dreams are made of" - Alicia Keys

Offline spanish

• Winner
« Reply #160 on: January 15, 2011, 01:39:41 PM »
I'm from Alicante (Spain).  :P

Offline AlexSP

• Big Brother
« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2011, 02:06:17 PM »
I'm from Albacete, Spain  ;D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8tDQe9FE4M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8tDQe9FE4M</a>

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jack (spare)
« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2011, 02:07:45 PM »
Where are you from guys?

New York!

"Concrete jungle where dreams are made of" - Alicia Keys

Well im from Glasgow!

"Concrete jungle where dreams are ruined"
"If I go, I'm taking you with me, you filthy old eunuchs!"

Offline joako

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #163 on: January 15, 2011, 02:13:58 PM »
Where are you from guys?
I'm from Uruguay  :P

You can find more about us here: http://forum.worldofbigbrother.com/index.php?topic=6.0, and you can introduce yourself too  ;D

Offline joako

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #164 on: January 16, 2011, 03:02:24 PM »
ALEXIS has been evicted tonight. Evelina survived her first eviction  ;D

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #165 on: January 16, 2011, 03:55:16 PM »
Giannis F. and Stella are the nominees for this week.

Antonis nominated Elias and Giannis F.
Evelina nominated Giannis F. and Antonis

Stella and Giannis F. refused to vote and are therefore automatically nominated for eviction.

Elias, the Leader for the week, was given the opportunity to make a housemate immune. He chose Evelina. He then said he wanted to vote for who he wanted to stay in the house (I think ???) and was punished by not being allowed to vote this week.

This is the final eviction, so whoever survives will join Antonis, Evelina and Elias in the final.

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2011, 04:22:01 PM »

Elias, the Leader for the week, was given the opportunity to make a housemate immune. He chose Evelina. He then said he wanted to vote for who he wanted to stay in the house (I think ???) and was punished by not being allowed to vote this week.

This is the final eviction, so whoever survives will join Antonis, Evelina and Elias in the final.

not quite. He broke one of the rules. He was giving details about his previous votings and his future intentions according to a video the housemates were shown. So he was punished by not being able to vote.
Also there were 2 clear fights during the voting, against Giannis & Evelina and Giannis & Stella

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2011, 04:24:29 PM »
In other news, we had a funny accident during Stella's dancing as part of the weekly quest.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK4kweWpsTQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK4kweWpsTQ</a>

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #168 on: January 16, 2011, 07:55:12 PM »
Elias after being declared the HoH for the last week gives IMMUNITY to Evelina and sends her directly to the final.
Reactions included.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv-bewcOzng" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv-bewcOzng</a>

Offline Nax

• Head of House
« Reply #169 on: January 16, 2011, 09:15:00 PM »

Just watched the 3rd eviction.

Roula is stupid. Not bad stupid, but still, stupid. Multiple production errors, sound problems, etc. They had an eviction while a physical endurance task was still going on! lol...

Are Giorgos and Giannis F. married yet ?   ;D
[attachment=1][attachment=2]

Offline Nax

• Head of House
« Reply #170 on: January 16, 2011, 09:54:29 PM »
It's the Saturday night before the 3rd eviction.

Evelina and Nara are on the same bed and Giannis F. is asking Nara to leave and go to her room because he can't stand the thoughts in his mind about two women sleeping together ... ;D

Offline Nax

• Head of House
« Reply #171 on: January 16, 2011, 10:23:35 PM »
prison_break

Are the first 4 seasons of Big Brother Greece available anywhere? I mean full seasons and full TV shows, not just clips or videos posted on YouTube. I hope there's some BB fan in Greece that has recorded and posted all the shows of previous seasons. Do you know of any such sites?

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #172 on: January 17, 2011, 06:49:52 AM »
prison_break

Are the first 4 seasons of Big Brother Greece available anywhere? I mean full seasons and full TV shows, not just clips or videos posted on YouTube. I hope there's some BB fan in Greece that has recorded and posted all the shows of previous seasons. Do you know of any such sites?

no unfortunately there isn't. The previous BB editios took place in 01 02 03 and 05. YT did not even exist then as far as i know, this is probably the main reason :-)

Offline Nax

• Head of House
« Reply #173 on: January 17, 2011, 01:50:28 PM »
Why did Giorgos leave?

I don't know what happened after the 3rd eviction... there  may be other developments that I don't know about.

Beneath the hard masculine exterior of Giorgos, there's a reality of a sensitive and emotional man that has lived thru very difficult situations.

He behaves like a lout, but he's a good person, worthy of a friend for anyone.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 01:59:09 PM by Nax »

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #174 on: January 17, 2011, 04:44:57 PM »
Why did Giorgos leave?

I don't know what happened after the 3rd eviction... there  may be other developments that I don't know about.

Beneath the hard masculine exterior of Giorgos, there's a reality of a sensitive and emotional man that has lived thru very difficult situations.

He behaves like a lout, but he's a good person, worthy of a friend for anyone.

I would not really agree. I found him a hypocrit all the way through to his eviction, which is by the way somehow connected to this. You have to watch much more for some safer results. I still insist the game became interesting after probably show 7 or 8.