Author Topic: Big Brother 5 Greece  (Read 51284 times)

Offline Nax

• Head of House
Re: Big Brother 5 Greece
« Reply #175 on: January 17, 2011, 05:54:41 PM »

I would not really agree. I found him a hypocrit all the way through to his eviction, ...

It's obvious he's after the money, he said so himself.

But I don't think he's a hypocrite. He's a very emotional person who had to adopt to what his environment told him what his role was. He has adopted the role of a very masculine man, but he has deep emotions that nobody allowed him to express, and they are coming out on this show.

I like him.

Offline Nax

• Head of House
« Reply #176 on: January 17, 2011, 06:12:11 PM »
Men talk to their sons in songs....mantinades... this is what love is, said in a song...

Offline Mystapaki

• Head of House
« Reply #177 on: January 18, 2011, 02:05:40 PM »
Is there any chance of Stella surviving this week and making it to the finals ? Infact is she even popular ?

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #178 on: January 18, 2011, 08:26:41 PM »
Is there any chance of Stella surviving this week and making it to the finals ? Infact is she even popular ?

The thing is Foukakis IS so popular that actually no one could stand a chance against him.
He has some haters too, but i don't think they are enough to evict him.

Offline Nax

• Head of House
« Reply #179 on: January 20, 2011, 10:13:26 PM »
Nax, do you know the Christina's surname? Thanks!

Christina entered after the 4th eviction/live show. As of the 5th eviction/live show, a week later, there's no recorded intro-video on the official site for Christina, like for all the rest housemates.

All we know is that she met Alexis two years ago through a common friend, and both of them said they did not have any relationship with each other at any time.

Offline Nax

• Head of House
« Reply #180 on: January 20, 2011, 10:45:53 PM »
(By the way, I'm still 2 months behind in this season)

What the h* happened and Roula became aggressive towards the evicted house mates on eviction #5? She probably got a spanking from various Endemol-BB-production consultants for her moronic performance in the earlier shows, and she is trying different interviewing angles.

She's tolerable, but what annoys me about her is her constant attitude that house mates *should have known* about anything that could ever happen, so her main angle is showing herself and indirectly the viewing audience as being superior compared to the house mates and their hardships during the show.

The preferential treatment of specific house mates is beyond obvious and is becoming disturbing. I can filter out such nonsense and enjoy the show, anyway, but the production staff is ignorant and they should educate themselves with what this show is about. Which is what should be said for soooo many other BB seasons from many other countries!   ;D

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #181 on: January 22, 2011, 09:32:07 AM »

What the h* happened and Roula became aggressive towards the evicted house mates on eviction #5? She probably got a spanking from various Endemol-BB-production consultants for her moronic performance in the earlier shows, and she is trying different interviewing angles.

She's tolerable, but what annoys me about her is her constant attitude that house mates *should have known* about anything that could ever happen, so her main angle is showing herself and indirectly the viewing audience as being superior compared to the house mates and their hardships during the show.

The preferential treatment of specific house mates is beyond obvious and is becoming disturbing. I can filter out such nonsense and enjoy the show, anyway, but the production staff is ignorant and they should educate themselves with what this show is about. Which is what should be said for soooo many other BB seasons from many other countries!   ;D

And she will be much worse as the show progresses :-) This will lead to an open conflict with one of the contestants, although i'll not reveal anything yet to not spoil your FUN.!!

Offline Mikeo498

• Finalist
« Reply #182 on: January 22, 2011, 01:01:37 PM »

And she will be much worse as the show progresses :-) This will lead to an open conflict with one of the contestants, although i'll not reveal anything yet to not spoil your FUN.!!

Nax, once you get to that point prisonbreak mentioned. Lets us know, cause I wanna know! haha.

Offline Nax

• Head of House
« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2011, 04:52:28 AM »

Nax, once you get to that point prisonbreak mentioned. Lets us know, cause I wanna know! haha.

No problem. :)

In the meantime, I have to give it to the production... I'm watching the 6th eviction... they're using the phone in the house and BB announced that in 3 minutes the phone will ring and whoever answers will get immunity from eviction.

The house mates knowing what will happen is an interesting twist, imo, :)

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #184 on: January 23, 2011, 07:44:33 AM »
yes I wanna know about that story too, way to built up excitement  ;D

can you give us a little review of your thoughts of the HMs so far (for each)?
like why they got nominated / evicted etc.

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2011, 02:14:45 PM »
Stella is the last person to be evicted, and apparently according to the graphic her percentage is around 85%-90%

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jack (spare)
« Reply #186 on: January 23, 2011, 03:01:04 PM »
Stella is the last person to be evicted, and apparently according to the graphic her percentage is around 85%-90%

:o What's the deal with BB Greece then? do they show a percentage or just a graph but leave the viewers to have approximate guesses? Has anyone had higher than that this year?
"If I go, I'm taking you with me, you filthy old eunuchs!"

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #187 on: January 23, 2011, 03:21:26 PM »

:o What's the deal with BB Greece then? do they show a percentage or just a graph but leave the viewers to have approximate guesses? Has anyone had higher than that this year?

go to page 9, on the 4th post from the end to see a sample pic of the graphics they are showing just before the voting ends.
They are not revealing actual numbers but the comparison of the graphic bars speaks by itself. And no, this had to be the biggest difference between 2 people since the beginning.

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jack (spare)
« Reply #188 on: January 23, 2011, 04:41:22 PM »

go to page 9, on the 4th post from the end to see a sample pic of the graphics they are showing just before the voting ends.
They are not revealing actual numbers but the comparison of the graphic bars speaks by itself. And no, this had to be the biggest difference between 2 people since the beginning.

Oh yeah I didn't see that, thnx :)
"If I go, I'm taking you with me, you filthy old eunuchs!"

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #189 on: January 23, 2011, 06:44:19 PM »
Roula having FUN on stage!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBFOj0NSaiw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBFOj0NSaiw</a>

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #190 on: January 24, 2011, 07:58:29 AM »
Voting percentages for Stella's Eviction (Live Show 17)

I assume that's something like 86% - 14%

« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 08:08:03 AM by prison_break »

Offline Nax

• Head of House
« Reply #191 on: January 24, 2011, 08:14:10 PM »
yes I wanna know about that story too, way to built up excitement  ;D

can you give us a little review of your thoughts of the HMs so far (for each)?
like why they got nominated / evicted etc.

I'll be more than happy to.  At the moment I try to spend as much time as I can to web-rip them (watch & record) because my hacking attempts to download the videos from the BB site have failed. :)

Offline Nax

• Head of House
« Reply #192 on: January 24, 2011, 08:15:05 PM »

I assume that's something like 86% - 14%

Noooo.... Stella was voted out against Giannis? Un-believable!   ;D

Offline Nax

• Head of House
« Reply #193 on: January 24, 2011, 08:34:25 PM »
Week 9 - There's a Leader in the house who is voted by the other housemates.

The housemates move to one of the two bedrooms and the empty one becomes the Leader's bedroom. He can have people there only by his permission, the door has to be locked when he's not there, and he has to appoint one housemate either per day, or longer if he wants, to be his assistant for whatever he wants. He has the final word on spending the house budget. He can also give immunity to one nominated housemate after the next nominations.

The Leader is .... Giannis ;D

He says in the diary room that as a child he always wanted his own room. If he had his woman there and a full fridge he would never leave. :)

[attachment=1][attachment=2][attachment=3][attachment=4][attachment=5]

Offline Nax

• Head of House
« Reply #194 on: January 24, 2011, 09:23:13 PM »
Week 9 -- The Evelina and Nara bond is deteriorating.

Evelina and Nara are both immigrants. Evelina is from Poland and Nara from Brazil. They were immediately drawn to each other as outsiders in the house and they grew very close in the first 8 weeks.

During week 8 there were serious arguments between each of them with Gianni, for different matters. The House took the side of Gianni in both cases and they both felt increased pressure in the aftermath of their arguments. The eviction of Alexis, a major house mate, during the end of week 7, changed the dynamics in the house in a big way and each of Evelina and Nara had different roles to play with the two women, Stella and Christine, who were very involved with Alexis.

Now in week 9 the two of them are nominated (in the second open nomination of the season) and, it seems to me, that Evelina thinks she's paying the price for being so close to Nara, whose argument with Gianni was much worse than hers.

It's a bit sad to watch because both of them are trying their best, but they could not foresee that the limited choice they had to form an alliance in the house would eventually end up in friction and heartache.

The funny thing... Giannis tried to mediate in their obvious conflict.

By Tuesday of Week 9 they were both crying in each other's arms again...

[attachment=1] [attachment=2] [attachment=3] [attachment=4] [attachment=5]

Offline Nax

• Head of House
Week 9 -- Task: raft building
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2011, 10:54:17 PM »
The task for week 9 is to build a raft with wood rods, ropes and barrels, that can float on the house pool and hold up a Jeep!

When they got the task, Giorgos thought it would be easy to do and urged everyone to bet 40 (50?)  percent of the weekly budget. He then tried to assume leadership of the design and execution of building the raft, but Giannis had his own thoughts about how the raft should be built.

This is the first major conflict between Giannis and Giorgos, both considered to be a tight alliance,  and unbeatable duo in the house, that never had an argument before.

Giannis and Antonis also started to get closer, spending a lot of time in the Leader's bedroom watching movies and having a good time, while Giorgos is left outside to talk to people like... Elias :)

Offline Nax

• Head of House
« Reply #196 on: January 25, 2011, 02:55:29 AM »

Funny. :)

I bet the production consultants were all from Germany. Same type of gaudy flashy tv studio sets with too much lighting and too much empty space between people. So stupid.

Offline Mystapaki

• Head of House
« Reply #197 on: January 25, 2011, 12:22:50 PM »
Iam curious to know are Greek women like generally bitchy because for the past 5 seasons or so not one woman has made it to the final 3 and I doubt anyone will make it there this far or is the public generally just sexist ? I mean even the most sexist of countries have had women make it to the final 2 or 3 like Albania , Slovenia and Croatia. Where women don't really win but they do atleast make it to the final 3 or 2

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #198 on: January 25, 2011, 02:38:03 PM »
Iam curious to know are Greek women like generally bitchy because for the past 5 seasons or so not one woman has made it to the final 3 and I doubt anyone will make it there this far or is the public generally just sexist ? I mean even the most sexist of countries have had women make it to the final 2 or 3 like Albania , Slovenia and Croatia. Where women don't really win but they do atleast make it to the final 3 or 2

This is actually not true at all. Did you even bother to check the statistics?

Big Brother 2 had Frantzeska in the 3d place.
Big Brother 3: The wall had Patricia as runner up
Big Brother 5 has already one woman as a finalist in the top 4.

Bar 1 had Mairi as runner up.
Bar 2: Party had Maria tsolaki as the winner and Maria Theodoulou as runner up.

and the list goes on with talent shows too.

Also your argument about the public of specific countries, not voting for women, being sexist is actually not valid and can be considered as pretty insulting.
I think the major issue for this relies on who is voting in these shows. It is generally accepted that more females and especially those who need to ask their parents for, are voting rather than males. Hence the pattern that suggests women being more frequently evicted.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 02:47:49 PM by prison_break »

Offline prison_break

• Immunity
« Reply #199 on: January 25, 2011, 02:49:13 PM »

Funny. :)

I bet the production consultants were all from Germany. Same type of gaudy flashy tv studio sets with too much lighting and too much empty space between people. So stupid.

Hehe, Alpha belongs to Germans (RTL) for a couple of years now, hence the return of BB. :-)