Author Topic: Big Brother US 12  (Read 20620 times)

Offline JustinBieberDingus

• Big Brother
  • Username: Trevor
Big Brother US 12
« on: May 17, 2010, 09:24:45 PM »
Premiers July 8th. (Isn't this our latest premier date ever?)

Casting is probably over. I'm sure the next group of housemates are going to be notified soon.

Offline joako

• Administrator
  • Big Brother
Re: Big Brother US 12
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 10:24:10 PM »
Do you know what will be the new twist this year?

• Big Brother
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 01:46:26 AM »
Do you know what will be the new twist this year?

That will never be revealed until like a week before launch. Grodner couldn't reveal the twist now. These newly-selected housemate still have computer acess until July. It wouldn't be fun for the housemates to read about the twist, then enter the game, wouldn't it?

Given that BBUS twists are usually repetitively ressucted, we might see the use of teams (like cliques) but under a different theme, or such. We won't see the Coup D' Etat, that's too obvious. I doubt we'll see pairs, we hope BB Learned it's lesson about that. Other than that, I think it's time we'll get something new.

Offline carlex

• Blogger
  • Ultimate Housemate
  • Live to the Fullest. (--,)
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 08:37:03 AM »
good thing it's in English and i can fully understand the videos in YouTube..but unfortunately, i'll be coming back to school very soon so i am definitely looking forward for blog posts of it.. so excited.. :) :P :)

Offline World of BB

• Administrator
  • Winner
  • Username: grahamuk
    • World of Big Brother
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 06:32:34 PM »
Premiers July 8th. (Isn't this our latest premier date ever?)

Casting is probably over. I'm sure the next group of housemates are going to be notified soon.

A later start will probably mean a shorter edition as the end date is usually fixed. That would be a shame as BB US is one of the shortest BBs in the world as it is.

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 10:01:38 PM »
I think the twist is that Allison has a favourite in the house she would do everything that this person would win. oh wait - that was a twist almost every year that b*tch was the producer ยด! :o  ::)

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 11:18:46 PM »
Actually it is a normal start date for the series, BB3 was July 10th and BB10 was July 13th

Series // Start Date // End Date // Total Days
Big Brother 2000 // July 5, 2000 // September 29, 2000 // 88 Days
Big Brother 2 // July 5, 2001 // September 20, 2001 // 82 Days
Big Brother 3 // July 10, 2002 // September 25, 2002 // 82 Days
Big Brother 4 // July 8, 2003 // September 24, 2003 // 82 Days
Big Brother 5 // July 6, 2004 // September 21, 2004 // 82 Days
Big Brother 6 // July 7, 2005 // September 20, 2005 // 80 Days
Big Brother 7 // July 6, 2006 // September 12, 2006 // 72 Days
Big Brother 8 // July 5, 2007 // September 18, 2007 // 81 Days
Big Brother 9 // February 12, 2008 // April 27, 2008 // 81 Days
Big Brother 10 // July 13, 2008 // September 16, 2008 // 71 Days
Big Brother 11 // July 9, 2009 // September 15, 2009 // 73 Days

The start date is typical but the end date used to be in the last week of September (BB1-BB6) and the show would have one week counted in the official Television season of that year. Starting with BB7 CBS pulled the show out from the official Television ratings when the show was in a consistent decline in ratings. That is why all the later seasons have a less duration than the earlier seasons.

I am estimating this season to end on September 14, 2010 (Tuesday) which will give BB12 the same length of BB11 (73 Days) pending the put the Housemates into the House on July 4th.

Now if CBS decides to air the official Survivor premiere during the official TV season and push back the premieres of their Sunday/Tuesday shows (like they did in BB2-BB6) then the season should end on September 21, 2010 and last 80 Days. Again this is an educated guess based on past seasons and the current CBS trend.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 11:29:05 PM by Josh »

Offline spanish

• Winner
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 10:28:40 AM »
Why BB1 is called "Big Brother 2000"?

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 05:59:03 PM »
I am estimating this season to end on September 14, 2010 (Tuesday) which will give BB12 the same length of BB11 (73 Days) pending the put the Housemates into the House on July 4th.

Now if CBS decides to air the official Survivor premiere during the official TV season and push back the premieres of their Sunday/Tuesday shows (like they did in BB2-BB6) then the season should end on September 21, 2010 and last 80 Days. Again this is an educated guess based on past seasons and the current CBS trend.

Well now that CBS has released its fall schedule, Survivor now moves to Wednesdays. CBS is trying to establish a new comedy block on Thursdays with Big Bang Theory and $#*! My Dad Says. So now I am thinking that BB12 could end on September 14 (Tuesday) or September 16 (Thursday). I doubt they would want to push their new comedy block back a week to have BB on the air longer. The only way I can see CBS extending BB12 into the official fall season is if somehow the show gets back to the level of ratings it had during BB2-BB5 (10 million +).

Why BB1 is called "Big Brother 2000"?

When BB first started in the States it was also referred to as "Big Brother 2000" while it was on air. Similar to how other countries use the year. The first time it was officially called "Big Brother 1" was during the All-Stars season where they gave the show a new logo to match BB2-7.

Also did anyone notice that the promo that aired was formatted for widescreen/HD televisions? Last year the promos were in full screen but this year it was formatted for widescreen. And when they showed clips from past seasons they had the sides with animated water graphics.

Could BBUSA be going widescreen or HD???

Promo on YouTube
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 06:06:40 PM by Josh »

• Big Brother
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 08:05:40 PM »
A lot of people are saying that this season will feature a housemate re-enter, as it's been happening every third season.

In BB3, Amy returned.
In BB6, Kaysar returned.
In BB9, James & Ryan were evietced, then re-entered. Also, Sharon re-entered by default.

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 01:18:34 AM »
Instead of doing that Allison Grodner should look into doing a fake eviction for BBUSA. Like have a double eviction in the third or fourth week when the cliques and teams have formed and put two of them in a bedsit like in BB5 UK. It will be unfair that the two evicted Housemates can hear everything but it would defiantly shake up the game.

If another Housemate re-enters her best bet would be to let the public decide or the Housemates decide not both. A lot of the fans didn't like it when the public voted Alex back in the House but she stuffed him in a box and let the Housemates chose between the box or James.

Honestly I would like to see two houses or have two housemates locked away in a container and put them in later on. The returning Housemate thing is getting stale. Plus she just did that with BB11 where Jessie from BB10 entered.

• Big Brother
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 01:56:53 AM »
Yeah I agree, Alex deserved to return to the game. But, James had a fair fight. It was a win-win  for me. However, I liked BB3's twist where the evictees had to give up a portion of the prize money in order to stick around. I mean, if you take a vacation, and miss a portion of the game, you should miss a portion of the money.

The bedsit/fake eviction could happen, and it could stir up something. Maybe whoever was involved with the fake eviction could choose to keep the whole "we saw everything happen" stuff to themselves. This will have themselves deciding if it'd be worth it to spoil some secrets.

• Big Brother
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 02:15:56 AM »
Real News about BBUS12:

It's a dream come true: BBUS nights will be Sunday, Wednesday, & Thursday @ 8:00PM

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 09:39:37 AM »
Allison Gronder had a telephone interview with the site TV Grapevine but this interview couldn't reveal any specifics since the potential housemates are running freely across the plains.  But some tidbits she did reveal was:

1 - There will be 12-14 Housemates again this year. I am guessing 13 if the show runs 70-73 days or 14 if it is 78-82 days because she likes to have an extra person in case someone is expelled like Chima was plus it plays into the number of evictions per week they have. (It would be blasphemy if she kept an extra Housemate hidden in Pandora's Box so if someone walks or is expelled then just release them and pro-rate the prize money.)

2 - The House will have a "Beach" theme, keeping in line with summer camp this year. (BB11 had a hint of beach/summer with the pool room.)

3 - Apparently this year will be more difficult than previous seasons and less predictable. (I have heard that before, generally her twists fizzle out by Week 3 and the game goes back to normal or the cast twist she did will adjust and the game will go back to normal.)

4 - A number of Housemates will have different backgrounds and personalities than ever before. (I could have sworn that was the goal for BB10)

5 - She also debunked the rumor that BB12 will be the last US season, unless the show under performs for CBS. Big Brother USA has been on a season-to-season renewal except for when BB3 surpassed CBS expectations and they ordered multiple seasons (BB4-BB7) due to declining ratings CBS went back to a season-to-season renewal except when 2008 where they ordered a winter season. As long as BB has similar ratings to BB11 or again grows in viewers and the three key demographics then it is most likely CBS will order another season. CBS will most likely decide the show's fate by the end of September. (Personally I see CBS renewing the show as long as it maintains BB11's viewing figures since it fills three weekly timeslots, in order to keep the same amount of new summer programming they would have to find three new shows to fill the void.)

Full interview here

Also a "could be potential" housemate outed herself on Twitter which is a no-no for the show. Since she has outed herself I doubt Big Brother will chose her as a USA housemate now. I am guessing she has made Robyn & Allison's jobs easier now.

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 09:44:13 AM »
Yeah I agree, Alex deserved to return to the game. But, James had a fair fight. It was a win-win  for me. However, I liked BB3's twist where the evictees had to give up a portion of the prize money in order to stick around. I mean, if you take a vacation, and miss a portion of the game, you should miss a portion of the money.

The bedsit/fake eviction could happen, and it could stir up something. Maybe whoever was involved with the fake eviction could choose to keep the whole "we saw everything happen" stuff to themselves. This will have themselves deciding if it'd be worth it to spoil some secrets.

But I think if she was open about the Mystery Box from the start then many fans wouldn't have been upset. I remember when they started the voting it sounded like the person America chose would enter then on the night of the mystery box twist was announced which made fans mad. Now if this was a vote via premium telephone lines instead of free it would have caused a huge huge uproar in my opinion.

Offline Matt91

• Mole
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 06:22:53 PM »
Allison Gronder had a telephone interview with the site TV Grapevine but this interview couldn't reveal any specifics since the potential housemates are running freely across the plains.  But some tidbits she did reveal was:

1 - There will be 12-14 Housemates again this year. I am guessing 13 if the show runs 70-73 days or 14 if it is 78-82 days because she likes to have an extra person in case someone is expelled like Chima was plus it plays into the number of evictions per week they have. (It would be blasphemy if she kept an extra Housemate hidden in Pandora's Box so if someone walks or is expelled then just release them and pro-rate the prize money.)

2 - The House will have a "Beach" theme, keeping in line with summer camp this year. (BB11 had a hint of beach/summer with the pool room.)

3 - Apparently this year will be more difficult than previous seasons and less predictable. (I have heard that before, generally her twists fizzle out by Week 3 and the game goes back to normal or the cast twist she did will adjust and the game will go back to normal.)

4 - A number of Housemates will have different backgrounds and personalities than ever before. (I could have sworn that was the goal for BB10)

5 - She also debunked the rumor that BB12 will be the last US season, unless the show under performs for CBS. Big Brother USA has been on a season-to-season renewal except for when BB3 surpassed CBS expectations and they ordered multiple seasons (BB4-BB7) due to declining ratings CBS went back to a season-to-season renewal except when 2008 where they ordered a winter season. As long as BB has similar ratings to BB11 or again grows in viewers and the three key demographics then it is most likely CBS will order another season. CBS will most likely decide the show's fate by the end of September. (Personally I see CBS renewing the show as long as it maintains BB11's viewing figures since it fills three weekly timeslots, in order to keep the same amount of new summer programming they would have to find three new shows to fill the void.)

Full interview here

Also a "could be potential" housemate outed herself on Twitter which is a no-no for the show. Since she has outed herself I doubt Big Brother will chose her as a USA housemate now. I am guessing she has made Robyn & Allison's jobs easier now.

Grodner might as well not even bother with her bs twists as they never really seem to effect the game. I do however think that Grodner should keep the Coup twist in place as it gives the audience some say in what happens.

• Big Brother
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 10:20:26 PM »
Beach theme = Lame  >:(

And that article is the same article I see every year. Of course we're getting 12-14 housemates. With an exception of BBUS9, who had it's pair twist, and season one, which was just season one, had 12-14 housemates. I'll never believe a "this is our last season rumor" until the day CBS actually doesn't show promos shortly after a Survivor season ends. A diverse cast where everyone is unique is something every reality show tries to say every season.

Basically, since the times are changed a bit, and I believe I'm one of the ones closest to BB's timezone (the pacific) so I'll likely end up seeing information first. I wouldn't get the feeds, so I'll still try to find a site that is accurately updated enough I can reveal nominations/veto results from throughout the weekend, when nominations and veto occur. Always on Thursday, I'll be able to reveal the live eviction results and HOH resultse then.

I usually never ever look at spoilers (nominations & veto results are revealed on the feeds days before it's actually broadcasted) but due to the fact my schedule is completely opposite of last year, I may not be guarenteed a chance to watch BB on TV. So, looking at spoilers wouldn't actually kill me.

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 04:37:41 AM »
More news:

** BB Mole USA - A "saboteur" will enter the House and sabotage live at the House as per Big Brother's instructions, similar to other versions that featured a mole. This person will not compete for the grand prize. (This was unusual because CBS has never released a twist this early in the promos.) In a ten second promo spot Julie referred to this season as "Big Brother's Summer of Sabotage"

** Online CBS will launch an Ultimate Big Brother Fan contest where the winner will win a trip to attend the Big Brother finale and meet the Housemates. A video trivia game will also be added this year.

** The Twitter accounts, fantasy league will return but it looks like CBS has nixed the BB segments on Inside Dish.

More information, most likely the House, will be released on Wednesday since that is the day where members of the press will release their story of their time in the House. CBS usually releases House pics on the same day. But this year they are doing things a little different so who knows.

• Big Brother
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 12:26:46 PM »
That Sounds pretty redundant   >:( I mean, it's been the twist in probably all of the senior Big Brother shows (Brazil, Spain, Italy, Germany) and the only difference is that the U.S. admits it as a twist. However, given that it is admited as a twist, the oh-so super swet thing about this is that no matter how obscene or obnoxious gets, he can't qualify to win. The only thing to that awesomeness would be that the "Sabateur" won't go away until the end, I believe.

Overall, this better be something nothing more than a rumour. I see Senior BB shows like Brazil, Spain, Italy, & Germany losing touch with fans because they cast people who look like they could convince people they came from Hell's Hell. People, such as Klaus sounds like someone who could make Evel Dick look like Amber. I don't want to see BBUS lose focus and respect, then slowly end up dying, resulting to the end of it just because they take their casting personalities too far. I actually believe BBUS has a shot to being the longest standing BB series, mainly because it doesn't get too much attention.

Is there any evidence like a link to support this? I've been on the internet long enough to the point I've gotten.

Offline HJPK123

• Blogger
  • Ultimate Housemate
  • Independent thinking
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 04:41:12 PM »
Back in season 3, the Germany indeed marked it as a twist and you could vote for who you thought was the mole.
Jordan: "You know what, I always thought Spongebob was cheese!"

• Big Brother
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 11:33:37 PM »
http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/big_brother_12/2010_Jun_29_twist_saboteur

It's official. The Saboteur is officially the first twist of BBUS12.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 03:39:05 PM »
The houseguests have been revealed  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Andrew Gordon, a 39 year old podiatrist from Miami Beach, Florida.

Annie Whittington, a 27 year old bartender from Tampa, Florida.

Brendon Villegas, a 30 year old high school swim coach from Riverside, California.

Britney Haynes, a 22 year old hotel sales manager from Huntington, Arkansas.

Enzo Palumbo, a 32 year old insurance advisor from Bayonne, New Jersey.

Hayden Moss, a 24 year old college student from Tempe, Arizona.

Kathy Hillis, a 40 year old deputy sherriff sergeant from Texarkana, Arkansas.

Kristen Bitting, a 24 year old botique manager from Philadelphia.

Lane Elenburg, a 24 year old oil rig salesman from Decatur, Texas.

Matt Hoffman, a 32 year old web designer from Elgin, Illinois.

Monet Stunson, a 24 year old model from Glen Carbon, Illinois.

Rachel Reilly, a 26 year old Chemistry graduate student/VIP cocktail waitress from Las Vegas.

Ragan Fox, 34 year old college professor from West Hollywood, California.

One of the sequestered contestants got cold feet, and unfortunately she chose not to participate in the show.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 04:50:24 AM by OmgItsPhil »

Offline Matt91

• Mole
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 06:52:32 PM »
Do you know if the contestant who quit will be replace? You know like how Brandon was replaced by Jee before BB4 started.

Offline Matt91

• Mole
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 07:02:53 PM »
Also, have you seen the house tour video yet? From what I can see, I'm not a huge fan of the house theme this year because I feel like they've gotten a little lazy with it, but I do like the color use. For some reason the kitchen reminds me of that from BB6/BB8.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 08:43:09 PM »
I don't know whether the woman who quit will be replaced. But there are some interesting rumours around the web, as only yesterday did TV Guide report there would be fourteen and that would mean she quit between then and 8am American time this morning. It's really strange because Allison Grodner said they always, without fail, have alternates (e.g. Beth all the way back in BB1, Samantha in BB8), so it makes me wonder why they've not just brought an alternate in?

Hopefully, a 14th would be revealed before on on the launch, or there will be a twist where someone returns later in the season.

And the house looks alright, kind of how I expected it. Love the bathroom and cabana room, but not really a fan of the HoH bedroom or the kitchen.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 09:05:50 PM by OmgItsPhil »