Author Topic: Big Brother US 12  (Read 21285 times)

Offline Rwwatson

• Intruder
Re: Big Brother US 12
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2010, 02:53:31 PM »
Why couldn't Matt use the Diamond Veto on Brendon?  I didn't see anything that said he couldn't use it on the HOH.  Correct?  If so, wouldn't that make the most sense?

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2010, 03:16:09 PM »
Why couldn't Matt use the Diamond Veto on Brendon?  I didn't see anything that said he couldn't use it on the HOH.  Correct?  If so, wouldn't that make the most sense?

I think it's because in the case of all vetos and even the Coup D'Etat, the HoH is immune from being nominated. I don't think Matt will be able to nominate whoever wins the "normal" PoV either.

And welcome to the forum.  ;D

Offline JustinBieberDingus

• Big Brother
  • Username: Trevor
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2010, 03:44:30 PM »
Oh yeah, I did forget about the POVwinner. But yes, Brendon is safe from being nominated after the DPOV, if it was to be used.

Offline Rwwatson

• Intruder
« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2010, 09:36:21 PM »
Thanks for the welcome!  Been a fan of BB for a while and would like to discuss occasionally with knowledgeable people.  Thanks again all!

I guess my question would be; why is it the "Diamond" POV?  If there are no special "powers" other than it has a two week lifespan, why call it a "Diamond" POV?  I can see whoever wins the POV being exempt, but why not the HOH?  Maybe similar to the Coup d'État last season, but not really, I think EVERYBODY should be able to be nominated by the "Diamond" POV.  On the TV show (CBS) Matt read that he can save someone and replace with a nominee of his choice.  Nothing was mentioned about exemptions.  Is that just an underlying rule that they don't announce?  Otherwise they should just call it an "extra" POV or maybe a "slightly shinnier gold" POV.  "Diamond" POV implies "all powerful" (to me at least).  Just my opinion.... 

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2010, 10:01:16 PM »
In my opinion, it's called the Diamond Power of Veto as it basically "trumps" the other veto, and has more power than the normal veto does.

Offline Rwwatson

• Intruder
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2010, 10:41:50 PM »
Is there any reference to clarify?  I ask because, I am assuming Matt would have asked for a "rules clarification" as to who it can be used on, and when.  But how do the fans find out?  If he can truly replace "anyone", that can be a HUGE game changer.  Basically, if Matt can use it on Brendon, and lets the Brigade know before POV meeting (or whatever time period is the latest he can use it), they could remove the HOH from the house.  THAT would be an insane TV show (HOH thinks he/she is safe, the "Diamond" POV is revealed, then HOH goes up on the block, and gets voted out).....

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2010, 10:45:43 PM »
its especially ironic as it was the HOH power that got Matt this diamond veto last time.
I think this twist is just another poor attempt to save this season from complete boredom and fails.
if they wanted to give some turning power to someone they should have hidden an immunity idol or so in the house (maybe under kathy's blankets so she would finally win something LOL)

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2010, 02:36:57 PM »
HoH nominations
Spoiler for Hiden:
Brendon nominated Lane and Ragan

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2010, 07:39:26 PM »
Sophie Reade, winner of BBUK 10, has claimed on her twitter that she will be making an appearance on the USA version of Big Brother.

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jack (spare)
« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2010, 09:23:43 PM »
Sophie Reade, winner of BBUK 10, has claimed on her twitter that she will be making an appearance on the USA version of Big Brother.

Oh... exciting *yawns*
"If I go, I'm taking you with me, you filthy old eunuchs!"

Offline Matt91

• Mole
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2010, 09:58:50 PM »

Oh... exciting *yawns*

I know right, why couldn't they spring a little extra cash for Craig or Kate or maybe Pete or Nadia.

• Big Brother
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2010, 10:32:26 PM »
Yay to having Sophie coming to BBUSA. However, she would be seen different than how she was seen in the UK. Which, she sounded interesting. What is she like to most of you all?

And WTF to one of those nominations, this must be interesting. However, I see it working out wonders for me, because I out of those two nominees, I know who's pretty much safe and so I wouldn't mind seeing the other one leave.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2010, 11:38:15 PM »
Veto competition
Spoiler for Hiden:
Ragan won veto.

Another update
Spoiler for Hiden:
From live updates, it seems Brendon has opened a Pandora's Box that was offered to him. Rachel has returned as a guest. Brendon has disappeared from the house. Houseguests think Brendon has swapped places with Rachel for a day, which is how long Rachel apparently claimed she was there.

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2010, 11:44:44 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
f*ck I didn't wanted Ragan to win POV because it problaby means either Brit or Kathy will go up and problaby get evicted  :'(

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2010, 11:53:59 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
f*ck I didn't wanted Ragan to win POV because it problaby means either Brit or Kathy will go up and problaby get evicted  :'(

I wouldn't be surprised if both of them end up being on the block  :(

• Big Brother
« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2010, 01:24:59 AM »
If Matt uses the DPOV to same the brigade nominee, that would not only unleash the fact he had a DPOV, but would have the Brigade alliance in suspicion of existing. Plus, Brigade still has three votes.

If a Brigade member goes up on the block and its Matt, then of coarse it's going to be used. If Hayden or Enzo get placed on the block, Matt using it would save his alliance but is pretty much unleashing it.

Oh my hoodness, male domination has been such a possibility that almost nobody who follows Survivor/Big Brother has ever wanted. Female domination like for seasons like BB6, Survivor: Vanuatu, & Survivor: Micronesia were more tolerated. Males are almost always the fan favorite, but I don't know, I just don't know how people would react to seeing a potential male final four.

Big Brother US's first season, males dominated greatly. But this is a whole new concept and it's ten years later.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2010, 01:57:57 AM »
Live show results
Spoiler for Hiden:
Matt used the DPoV and nominated Kathy as a replacement.

Kathy evicted 5 to 0.

Britney is HoH.

Double eviction next week.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2010, 01:42:42 AM »
Updates
Spoiler for Hiden:
Brendon and Enzo were nominated

but Brendon won the veto  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Big Brother
« Reply #118 on: August 22, 2010, 03:10:58 AM »
Awesome. That's the epicness.

It seems like in this season the targets never leave

Week I: Brendon was targeted but Annie was evicted
Week II: Monet & Britney were wanted to remain on the block, but Britney winning the veto sealed it for Monet.
Week III: The plan was to backdoor Brendon, but he wins veto, so Andrew gets evicted.
Week IV: Kristen was the only ONE target to be originally nominated and evicted.
Week V: Brendon & Rachel were both targets, and with no veto so seal one's fate, Brendon/Rachel both remained targets.
Week VI: Matt was the decided target for Brendon but with the DPOV used Kathy was evicted.

I haven't been able to blog. Since I start college on Monday, I've been putting other things (important & recreational) first.

Here's what I think of the seven remaining housemates, as of now:

1. Britney - Very good at competitions, and since she has been good with strategizing, I'm sure this week will work out to not hurt her (but hurt Matt) & & I hope it does!
2. Brendon- He's the alpha male group's rival EPICNESS of Big Brother! The horsemen got Mike out first in BB5 & Jessie and his clique got Braden out in BB11, but these Brigadier can't get out their #1 target.
3. Hayden - He probably the best Brigadier of the group. Enzo & Lane aren't worth much, and he's done things. Matt is stupid, so he needs to have a plan for incase the Brigade fails.
4. Enzo - He's such a cool dude, but he isn't playing for popularity, or for the sheer brillance of being a master competitor, which is what I like.
5. Lane - How does a dude like him not go after Britney romantically? Or, for the game's sake, win competitions? Or maybe he'll be like Zach (BB8) & Kevin (BB11) & break through closer to the end.
6. Ragan - Get a clue that Matt is just using him to cover up the Brigade, and get a clue that Britney won't save you if she ends up listening tothe Brigade.
7. Matt - You are not a good liar, you're not very genius either, considering you can't back that up. It's time for you to go.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2010, 08:49:42 PM »
Veto ceremony
Spoiler for Hiden:
Brendon saved himself.

Britney nominated Matt!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Big Brother
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2010, 09:10:19 PM »
Halle-Freaking-Leujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Usually we've had the disgusting people evicted at 8th place lately (Chima, Chelsea, Howie) but I'll settle for 7th.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Mikeo498

• Finalist
« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2010, 02:45:44 AM »
Here's what I think of the seven remaining housemates, as of now:

1. Britney - Very good at competitions, and since she has been good with strategizing, I'm sure this week will work out to not hurt her (but hurt Matt) & & I hope it does!
2. Brendon- He's the alpha male group's rival EPICNESS of Big Brother! The horsemen got Mike out first in BB5 & Jessie and his clique got Braden out in BB11, but these Brigadier can't get out their #1 target.
3. Hayden - He probably the best Brigadier of the group. Enzo & Lane aren't worth much, and he's done things. Matt is stupid, so he needs to have a plan for incase the Brigade fails.
4. Enzo - He's such a cool dude, but he isn't playing for popularity, or for the sheer brillance of being a master competitor, which is what I like.
5. Lane - How does a dude like him not go after Britney romantically? Or, for the game's sake, win competitions? Or maybe he'll be like Zach (BB8) & Kevin (BB11) & break through closer to the end.
6. Ragan - Get a clue that Matt is just using him to cover up the Brigade, and get a clue that Britney won't save you if she ends up listening tothe Brigade.
7. Matt - You are not a good liar, you're not very genius either, considering you can't back that up. It's time for you to go.

I completely disagree with MOST of what you just wrote.
Hayden the best Bridadier??? Really?! What has he done since Week 1? He was the first HoH and nothing more after and has simply been sitting next to Enzo since Kristen left.
Enzo not playing for popularity?? When Rachel came back for 24 hrs and said he was very popular did u not see how he was bragging about it.
Ragan can be annoying but he is good in comps, particularly the endurance comps where he has landed in the runner up position both times when Matt won & has won the PoV last week.
Matt is a bad liar and he even admits that but to say its time for him to go? He deserves to be ahead of the game (solely based on gameplay) he was won TWO endurance comps, saved his Brigade alliance (yet they want to throw him under the bus even tho it's Matt that has been saving them in the comps), and used the DPOV which could have been used to throw away a good competitor but played it safe by putting up someone who no one really cared was part of the game (Kathy).

As for Lane and Britney - that I do agree. Brittany has been amazing in the POV comps and great that she won this HoH as she was the last female in the house and Lane has potential. Brendon (at first) I was cool with till he was a puppy on Rachel's lap where he was more of a wuss than a man. But since she was evicted, he has up'd his game with winning the HoH and PoV so he's slowly regaining my vote.

Now if this season was like the BBUK then I might agree with u, but since BBUS is more gameplay then I'm rooting for who's playing the better game.

• Big Brother
« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2010, 07:18:16 PM »
@Mikeo

I guess sounded misunderstanding? I was trying to explain myself as basic as possible. I do tend to ramble on something like BB.

About Enzo: About Enzo playing for popularity, maybe it wasn't the term said from foreign BB's. He isn't playing the public audience fame/fanbase that will get him the win, like the majority of BB series. The housemates or people he deals with determine his fate. That's what I really meant. Sorry we misunderstood each other.

About Hayden: And if the Brigade alliance ever failed, I would assume that Hayden would not be the first target. If Britney, Ragan, & Brendon found about about Hayden, Enzo, & Lane being in a brigade alliance that just backdoored their leader, they'd be full on blitz to get them targeted. I would say that Hyaden has been more equal to Lane's game play. Hayden has won a competition, but had Kristen. Lane has a strong connection with Britney, a non-brigadier, just like Hayden did, only Britney/Lane are still both there. This could backfire on him, as if Britney ever finds out Lane has had an alliance since week one without her in it, she'd gun after him hardcore. Enzo has nobody outside the brigade and hasn't won anything, and has felt pretty safe in the house, which is a common downfall for lots of players, both floating & great.

About Ragan: I wasn't talking about Ragan being weak, since I know he's come close in those endurance competitions and has won something. Ragan is probably better at the game via the feeds but just doesn't fit in with the Bridage edit, the Brenchel edit, Britney/Lane's kindergarten crush, and when Britney isn't a focus we don't see her much. Ragan is indeed the best of who's not in a hardcore group alliance this year. People notice he's still playing actively (unlike Kathy) & know he's not leeching to people (like Kristen) & has a social play (unlike Andrew).

About Matt: It's the people who are controlling alliances, backstabbing everyone, & getting people to do what they want week after week WITHOUT getting suspicious and then caught, ending up backdoored sometime who deserve to stay and win. This is what helped people like Will & Dan win. Matt is now on the block, not being the original nominee and is very likely to go tonight. Sure he's done more than some of the other players, but their strategies haven't burned them yet.

@everyone

I am trying to watch this season as much as possible. I find myself watching most of the episodes online. I see that theforum has been able to keep shows up to date faster than the blog ever did. Not to mention we hear from more people so it's an actual conversation going on. I do love blogging, but to me, the forum just works better. Therre's also no relaibility to it, as anyone can just go to that topic. I did the blog to write about shows & hear about what's going on elsewhere.

To those for who understand Big Brother in the US well enough- I do suggest to watch it, in the event the other big summer BB (BBUK) doesn't get renewed & you want some Big Brother show to watch. Sure it's never been popular, and it's entirely different-but hey, I'd watch a foreign BB series if I knew a second language.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2010, 02:01:45 AM »
Live show results
Spoiler for Hiden:
Matt evicted 4-0

Hayden won HoH

Brendon and Ragan nominated

Ragan won PoV. Britney was the replacement.

Brendon evicted 3-0  :'( :'( :'(

• Big Brother
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2010, 05:50:06 PM »
HOH results

Spoiler for Hiden:
Lane!

This means Ragan is clearly the primary target once again, since he does want to protect the brigade but also is close to Britney. As long as Ragan doesn't get the POV or it doesn't look good for Britney, things could look okay from here.

And now I rank the top five housemates:

Britney - She did seem prettty pushy and so focused to getting Brendon out, she wishes it worked. I just hope she has a new good strategy now that Brendon is out and ther's only three other people to put up (excluding herself), she might be decent.

Hayden/Lane/Enzo - I feel the same vibe from all of them. I think since Lane is still close to Britney, Hayden & Enzo could become the other duo, with Lane still tight. They all seem to want to work for final three, and try to keep the Brigade tight as much as possible. As long as none of them have a reason to turn on each other like the case with Matt, they might work everything out.

Ragan - He has got much better and we've seen more involvement he's added to the game since being the saboteur. He also is right about the alliance bwtween the brigade members, so he will be able to pitch Britney some game. The thing with Ragan, is that he has lost his closest ally (Matt) and he's the Brigade's next target.