Author Topic: Celebrity Big Brother 2 Australia  (Read 3849 times)

Offline Mike

• Finalist
  • Username: BB4Lyfe
Celebrity Big Brother 2 Australia
« on: April 04, 2015, 08:31:05 AM »
Channel Nine is apparently set to revive the Celebrity version of Big Brother Australia – with UK CBB winner Katie Price in talks to take part.

It was widely believed that BBAU had been axed after disappointing ratings for last year’s run, with Nine having failed to confirm the status of the show since it ended in November.

However, according to The Sun, bosses at the broadcaster have now offered Price a place as a housemate in a Celebrity series due to air in a few months’ time.

A source told the newspaper: “Katie Price has a huge Aussie following and would be a big coup for the network. Appearing in the series would help increase her profile further, but any deal has to be on her terms.”

The news comes after Price revealed that she will spend ‘three or four’ months in Australia later this year, saying: “I’ve got something big coming up in Australia, I have a big job happening. I have a project over there and so I can’t wait to come over.”

If she accepts, it will be the model and businesswoman’s second stint on Celebrity Big Brother this year, after she was crowned winner of the latest UK edition in January. She was reportedly paid a record high fee of £500,000, joining the house as a latecomer ten days in.

Meanwhile, the Sun also claims that Nine also approached Katie Hopkins – who came second in the same series of CBBUK – in the hope that she’d continue her feud with Price, but the media loudmouth wasn’t interested.

This is the first indication that Big Brother could still air in Australia in 2015. Cancellation rumours intensified when host Sonia Kruger was given a role on talent contest The Voice.

Behind Big Brother suggests that Nine’s u-turn could be due to the success of the first Australian edition of rival format I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here!, which concluded last month with viewers voting English cricketer Andew ‘Freddie’ Flintoff as King of the Jungle.

To date, only one Celebrity edition of Big Brother has been made in Australia – airing over a decade ago on the show’s former home, Network Ten.

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bbau/news/0403/nine-network-to-revive-celebrity-big-brother-australia-cbb-uk-winner-katie-price-in-talks-housemate#ixzz3WLouDXFf

Crying if this is true  ;D

Offline Gabriel

• Big Brother
  • Username: gabriel
Re: Celebrity Big Brother 2 Australia
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 08:44:46 AM »
I CAN'T

Offline Mike

• Finalist
  • Username: BB4Lyfe
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 03:07:39 PM »
Sonia confirmed they are casting for a Celebrity Big Brother, although it is not officially confirmed because Channel 9 has little room to air it. She also did not say whether or not regular Big Brother would be back or not

http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bbau/news/0427/sonia-kruger-confirms-nine-is-working-on-celebrity-big-brother-australia-casting-international-names-floated

Offline Depths of Bloomfield

• Big Brother
  • Username: Beatriz_Trapote
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 06:17:46 PM »
Big Brother Australia will have to find new management if it returns in the future, as showrunner Alex Mavroidakis has departed production company Endemol Shine.

Mavroidakis has worked on the show since its early days on Network Ten, and was an executive producer on all three series of its relaunch on the Nine Network, also voicing Surly the fish.

But with the future of BBAU looking uncertain, the Brit – whose other credits include The Apprentice and The X Factor – has now taken up a similar role at ITV Studios Australia, where it is likely he’ll work on rival format I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here!.

“A leading creative in the Australian television industry, Alex comes with a wealth of experience,” said ITVS Australia managing director Anita Jacoby. “He was a key architect in the development of Big Brother as a family program. He’s also created plenty of shows from the ground up.”

The news comes after reports that Nine has abandoned plans to fill a hole in its schedules by reviving the Celebrity version of Big Brother down under.

Chiefs are now thought to be working on a new series of The Celebrity Apprentice, despite BBAU host Sonia Kruger recently confirming that famous folk had been approached for CBB.

Nine is continuing maintain its public silence on its plans for Big Brother, with the show’s future hanging in the balance after last year’s series – won by Ryan Ginns – suffered a dip in ratings.

However, well-placed online rumours suggest that the broadcaster has simply decided to rest the show for 2015, and will look at bringing it back again next year.

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bbau/news/0619/big-brother-australia-loses-its-executive-producer-alex-mavroidakis#ixzz3dSkGIDT6

DING DONG THE WITCH IS GONE!!

hopefully another producer does a better job than that moron

• Big Brother
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 06:19:52 PM »
btw I tried to wath CBB 1 Australia and I didn't finished it, it's one of the most boring, dull and messy shows i've ever had to watch

Offline Yourj

• Head of House
  • Username: BigBrotherPH
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 07:46:21 AM »
I hope this will happen. I wanna see Aussie Celebs in the house! and a twist, Sonia will be a housemate too! :D I hope that they cast both the not so famous ones and the famous ones.

I WISH ALSO THAT Big Brother Australia will adopt the Teen version. It's quite popular in the Philippines. I wanna see Aussie teens in the house too since many of the viewers are teenagers.

Offline André

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • I only support vaginas!
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 12:17:00 PM »
I hope this will happen. I wanna see Aussie Celebs in the house! and a twist, Sonia will be a housemate too! :D I hope that they cast both the not so famous ones and the famous ones.

I WISH ALSO THAT Big Brother Australia will adopt the Teen version. It's quite popular in the Philippines. I wanna see Aussie teens in the house too since many of the viewers are teenagers.
tbh, most of BB viewers worldwide are teenagers kkkk

• Big Brother
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 12:47:58 PM »
btw now they got rid of Alex they should get rid of Sonia Kruger and choose someone with more personality and charisma

Gretel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> x100000 >>>>> Sonia >>>>>>>>>> Kyle and Jackie O

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 04:53:31 PM »
Quote from: Yourj
I hope this will happen. I wanna see Aussie Celebs in the house! and a twist, Sonia will be a housemate too! I hope that they cast both the not so famous ones and the famous ones.

I am actually glad that this teen-thing never became a thing in other countries excepts the Philippines (save for the UK once but it was handled more like a spin-off). I find the entire idea annoying, stupid and unneccessary. it way too easy to present yourself like a star anyway, no need to start with the reality crap destryoing your life that early 

Offline Marie

• Big Brother
  • Username: marie44
  • POVPrincess
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 12:32:08 PM »
If an AUSNTM. Contestant appears, I will automatically support her <33333 Alex from AUSNTM. 9 to enter pls <3
SWEET AUSTRALIAN PRINCE

Offline Yourj

• Head of House
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 11:05:08 AM »
btw now they got rid of Alex they should get rid of Sonia Kruger and choose someone with more personality and charisma

Gretel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> x100000 >>>>> Sonia >>>>>>>>>> Kyle and Jackie O

I love Sonia! But yeah maybe you're right. But I don't know who else can do good.

Offline Yourj

• Head of House
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 11:07:43 AM »
tbh, most of BB viewers worldwide are teenagers kkkk

Yeah. We know that. I dont know bout US version though.

Offline Yourj

• Head of House
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 11:16:45 AM »
I find the entire idea annoying, stupid and unneccessary. it way too easy to present yourself like a star anyway, no need to start with the reality crap destryoing your life that early

I guess its an experiment. Actually in the Phil, its a different version compared to the UK version which became controversial. It actually helps viewers to understand how teenagers today act and socialize. Also, teens discover their true selves in the house with of course the guidance of Big Brother. Big brother won't allow these young people destroy their reputation on tv. It may look ridiculous and unnecessary which I agree sometimes coz teens can be annoying but from my point of view as a teenager, I can give it a try.

• Big Brother
Big Brother Australia has been officially cancelled
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2015, 09:30:56 AM »

The Big Brother house that was in the Dreamland theme park has been demolished and is no longer there. All the references to Big Brother have been removed from Nine and the production chief has declared there is no intentation of bringing back the show by Nine. It seems no other channel from Australia wants the show since the ratings were pretty low and the show wasn't resurrected at all by Nine. Moreover, the main producer of BB AU that planned to do CBB AU 2 prefered to do I'm a Celebrity in Ten (Big Brother's old channel). Also, the main host of the Nine's version Sonia Krueger is hosting The Voice AU and Australia's Got Talent and seems to not be moving from there.

Too bad Big Brother AU is not back, but I think it's the best that could happen to this version, apart of BB 10, the other two seasons weren't as good as Ten's Big Brother.

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jøsêttö
Re: Big Brother Australia has been officially cancelled
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2015, 09:38:04 AM »
Obv they should have tried the BBUS format or the BBFR format so it becomes a big game with many unpredictible points.

:(

• Big Brother
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2015, 09:40:28 AM »
Obv they should have tried the BBUS format or the BBFR format so it becomes a big game with many unpredictible points.

:(

I only watched 4 seasons of Ten (BB 1, BB 2, BB 3 and BB 8 ) and the twists they did were pretty good tbh, especially the ones of BB 3 that had plenty of them, they even had secret tasks like in SS

too bad Nine didn't knew how to do them

• Big Brother
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2015, 09:43:09 AM »
BB 8's unfairly underrated twist of the public nominating and the housemates evicting for half of the show kkkkkkkkkkkkkk

It had the PERFECT bootlist cuz they showed every daily show the bottom4/5 housemates of the vote and all the catty 1st boot type girls were there and in the last day the fans of them voted hard to keep them and boring male fan faves ended up being nominated all the time and it was a shock for everone kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2015, 09:51:21 AM »
Yes, I meant that they should have tried a "last try" for 2016 by adapting the format a la BBUS or SS, or do what was done in the previous seasons of BB Australia. :)

But well, they prefered to cancel, it's understandable when we see the numbers kkk.
Will still there be a Celebrity season or they really canceled it to over I'm a Celebrity ... (?) wtf

• Big Brother
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2015, 09:57:44 AM »
Yes, I meant that they should have tried a "last try" for 2016 by adapting the format a la BBUS or SS, or do what was done in the previous seasons of BB Australia. :)

But well, they prefered to cancel, it's understandable when we see the numbers kkk.
Will still there be a Celebrity season or they really canceled it to over I'm a Celebrity ... (?) wtf

No show can be done now because the house has been demolished.

Celebrity Big Brother 2 was considered to be done but Alex (the main producer of Channel 9) abandoned the project to go to Ten and revive I'm a Celebrity.

Offline carlex

• Blogger
  • Ultimate Housemate
  • Live to the Fullest. (--,)
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2015, 10:23:12 AM »
This is another devastating news about Big Brother.. honestly, i would rather have a low rating show than nothing at all.. I'm a fan and forever will be.. :-[ ;)

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 12:16:02 PM »
This is another devastating news about Big Brother.. honestly, i would rather have a low rating show than nothing at all.. I'm a fan and forever will be.. :-[ ;)
Its ok. Probably will come back in 5 or 10 years kkk. I mean, I know its complex but its also easy to "produce". I mean, to give daily episodes, it's definitely easier as the HMs just do whatever they want, when it must be harder for another reality show like the Apprentice and all the other ones. I'm sure it's not the end end end,don't worry :)

• Big Brother
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2015, 01:10:17 PM »
Oh well, it was bad ratings, bad cast, bad host, bad editing, bad producers, bad twists, bad everything

I think it's the real end, at least for a long time, Australia wasn't interested on the last seasons of BB and they weren't with the Nine ones, it's not like in the UK that Channel 5 does trash but they get pretty good ratings with the last CBB series that probably saved the brand.

BB AU's biggest problem has always been the PG edit they give in the daily shows especially in the Nine seasons that makes you miss A LOT, it was even broadcast at lunch time there! Ten at least had LF where you could see what really happened there, the debate or the uncensored show. I would have never seen Belinda's pyschotic meltdown in BB 3 and how the rest of the housemates reacted to it hadn't someone recorded the whole thing and uploated to youtube or the 5 minutes summary they showed in the uncensored show.

• Big Brother
UPDATE on the future of Big Brother Australia
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2015, 05:00:53 AM »
Nine has confirmed they decided NOT to dismantle the BB house in Dreamworld since they could use it for future reality shows. The contract of BB AU ends in early 2016, it is not know if they will make another series but there's a chance they will give the show another go next year for the last time. What it is 150% confirmed is that there will be no Celebrity Big Brother or civilian Big Brother this year.

It will possibly be known if it will continue in November since it's when Nine starts to program their shows for 2016.

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2015, 08:53:38 AM »
LOL !! And me being optimistic (when everything was against) that it will come back in 5 years, when actually it could just come back in a year. kkkk.

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2015, 03:14:50 PM »
Quote from: Depths of Bloomfield
BB 8's unfairly underrated twist of the public nominating and the housemates evicting for half of the show kkkkkkkkkkkkkk

It had the PERFECT bootlist cuz they showed every daily show the bottom4/5 housemates of the vote and all the catty 1st boot type girls were there and in the last day the fans of them voted hard to keep them and boring male fan faves ended up being nominated all the time and it was a shock for everone kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
They were right to ditch it though as it forgot how important the nomination process is.  By effectively confining the nominations and evictions to one show you had very little driving the show the rest of the week.   It was also an incredibly flawed process thanks to the FNL twist where the winner saved one of the top three and then the person in 4th place automatically became nominated.