Author Topic: The future of BB Germany  (Read 3811 times)

Offline HJPK123

• Blogger
  • Ultimate Housemate
  • Independent thinking
The future of BB Germany
« on: November 04, 2010, 06:04:28 PM »
Hmmm, well, how to start?  ???

Endemol and RTLII are currently negotiating about an 11th season. Sources claimed that it would currently be a 50/50 situation and if it worked out it would be starting in around March/April at earliest next year. But because of a scripted docusoap-thingy (which is cheaper to produce than BB) currently being broadcast on the highlight's spot and 80 new episodes being ordered for next year, many doubt there will be another season in the near future.

Furthermore, the former Exec. Producer of Big Brother heavily criticised the producer's of BB10 in an internet column. He criticised that the producers are only up for sex & crime and only stopped Klaus' nasty behaviour just one week before the finale. He also said: "Big Brother is dead as it was after Season 3."
Jordan: "You know what, I always thought Spongebob was cheese!"

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jack (spare)
Re: The future of BB Germany
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 09:35:56 PM »

Endemol and RTLII are currently negotiating about an 11th season. Sources claimed that it would currently be a 50/50 situation and if it worked out it would be starting in around March/April at earliest next year. But because of a scripted docusoap-thingy (which is cheaper to produce than BB) currently being broadcast on the highlight's spot and 80 new episodes being ordered for next year, many doubt there will be another season in the near future.

Furthermore, the former Exec. Producer of Big Brother heavily criticised the producer's of BB10 in an internet column. He criticised that the producers are only up for sex & crime and only stopped Klaus' nasty behaviour just one week before the finale. He also said: "Big Brother is dead as it was after Season 3."

Ouch. The ex producer has a point though, if BB Germany is all about nastiness and sex, then it is indeed dead... If BB11 has another Klaus then i may just kill myself
"If I go, I'm taking you with me, you filthy old eunuchs!"

Offline HJPK123

• Blogger
  • Ultimate Housemate
  • Independent thinking
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 09:52:53 PM »

Ouch. The ex producer has a point though, if BB Germany is all about nastiness and sex, then it is indeed dead... If BB11 has another Klaus then i may just kill myself

Well, I think BB has just killed itself with him and his moronic followership.  :-\

But in case they will think about it and may be pleased with 1 or 2 ratings points less but will put up a more qualitative programme.
Jordan: "You know what, I always thought Spongebob was cheese!"

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 03:43:17 PM »
Assuming it doesn't get axed this is hopefully good news, especially if a later start meant a shorter run - and criticism of the last series led to a rethink from execs and finally a move away from the rich/poor divide they always revert back too.

Offline Mikeo498

• Finalist
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 01:55:18 AM »
Any update from BB Germany? It's nearly January and that is usually the month they start a new season, right?

Hopefully it's just starting later and perhaps a shorter season. A long season like BBGermany usually does I think can be draining.

Offline spongebob

• Finalist
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 11:08:27 PM »
Tonight the Ex-Endemol-Boss(Germany), Borris Brandt, who has produced series 4 to 8, gave Big Brother-Radio an interview.
RTLII(the broadcaster) has not decide yet about the future of the show, but Borris Brand has said, if the want to start a new season, they will be launch the 11th round in August OR, and that sounds more plausible, they probable launch a new season in the next year.

I think, and I watched any series since 2000, they will bring the 11th season at the beginning of 2012. If they do it this way, they must build a new house. That is really good, because the old one, which was used since series 8(a TV-Studio) is totally  worn and there´s no way to build a new house inside this hall.

To anybody who can understand German, listen the interview(part 1 and 2) with Borris Brandt on BigBrother-Radio.de
It´s really interesting!

Offline Mikeo498

• Finalist
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 12:19:48 AM »
Thanks for the update. I do think BB Germany needs a tiny break. I believe a show that runs for that long (200+ days) non stop needs a break and can get tiresome with the public. This is something I'm starting to fear for Grande Fratello (which apparently will run for 160+ days) and Gran Hermano (which last season run for 130+).

I think it should be at least 100 days.

Offline spongebob

• Finalist
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 12:27:24 AM »
I think so too

99 days are just perfect although I loved the 5th season which was 365 days on air...

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 02:09:39 AM »
Thanks for the update. I do think BB Germany needs a tiny break. I believe a show that runs for that long (200+ days) non stop needs a break and can get tiresome with the public. This is something I'm starting to fear for Grande Fratello (which apparently will run for 160+ days) and Gran Hermano (which last season run for 130+).

I think it should be at least 100 days.
Unafortunately, the owner of the networks in which GF and GH air is the same person, Berlusconni, he owns Finnivest, the main invester of both Canale 5 and Telecinco. But, with all that, the decision comes from the producers not the network. Btw, I'm really surprised that after 10 years GF still gets over 4 million while GH now gets barely 3 mill. IMPRESSIVE!!!!
:) Live happy every day!!! <3

Offline spongebob

• Finalist
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 10:31:12 AM »
Dont forget the topic here is "The future of BB Germany"
thanks

Offline spongebob

• Finalist
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »
I have designed a possible new house for the 11th Series.
The hall where the house is build, is the original hall of the houses 8 to 10. It´s the studio 50 in the Coloneum in Cologne-Ossendorf.
Everything I have drawn, is possible to build in that studio.
http://www.mediafire.com/?g5uu00q5tsfuas4

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 12:12:40 AM »
I have designed a possible new house for the 11th Series.
The hall where the house is build, is the original hall of the houses 8 to 10. It´s the studio 50 in the Coloneum in Cologne-Ossendorf.
Everything I have drawn, is possible to build in that studio.
http://www.mediafire.com/?g5uu00q5tsfuas4
no offense to you (I am sure you put a lot of effort in this) but I would get crazy if the house is designed like this. its soo tacky and the combination of colours is a bit overloard  8)

Offline spongebob

• Finalist
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 01:41:49 AM »
Well that house is designed for the German audience :)

Offline Mikeo498

• Finalist
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 01:57:21 AM »
As long as the redo the garden in the real house, BB Germany's garden looked so basic.

Offline spongebob

• Finalist
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 02:36:07 AM »
Yes thats a reason I did the garden in my houseplan on a new place. Another problem in studio 50 is that  they can´t do the lounge directly on the window and in that case it wont enough daylight in the lounge area. Because of this fact it is necessary to remove the garden to another exit.
If they will use studio 50 for series 11 they have 3 options to remove the exit to the garden. Or they will enlarge the garden to put the lounge into the garden.
But thats also shit because the studio 50 area is so closer to the public and people can without any problem speak to the housemates if they are in the garden.
They just must build a very new house which is out of the public and they have to fence a big areal around the house. The walls of the garden must be higher too, minimum 3 metres I think!

Offline spongebob

• Finalist
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 03:52:30 AM »
Here is the area where the house stay

The pictures are from 2008 and since then it would been built a road and a supermarket next to the house. I have written these things in red to where they now are in reality.