Author Topic: Big Brother 5 Sweden  (Read 44485 times)

Offline Markus

• Mole
  • Username: antos
Re: Big Brother 5 Sweden
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2011, 06:25:14 AM »
Still doesn't really make more sense to have the Danish being included in a joint edition with Sweden and Norway, as it would be for Finns. Language-wise. The rules can always be changed, as said earlier. From a geographical point of view it's a completely different story, as Finland isn't a part of the Scandinavian peninsula. At least it wouldn't be called BB Scandinavia. I guess the people living in Skåne and Copenhagen might understand each other better, than in average. Norwegian is closer to Swedish, much closer. But some Swedes have even difficulties understanding Norwegian and vice versa. I guess in this regard you could say, that for Swedes Norwegian is like a very thick accent of their own language.

Also, I'm not sure if there would be much interest in any of the 4 countries to do such an edition. Not anytime in the near future anyway. I was just simply saying, that with pretty much everything being different than they were even 5-6 years ago I wouldn't rule out anything. Well maybe Iceland coming in, as for them it would be a bigger challenge than for the rest of the Nordic countries. Not only because of the language but because of the distance to all of the other countries.

Anyway...the opening sequence of the series:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWb-BH-wUPw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWb-BH-wUPw</a>
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 06:44:00 AM by antos »
Lost a planet Master Obi Wan has. How embarrassing.

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2011, 08:12:33 AM »
If anyone wants to watch the live feed for free:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/big-brother-2011

Don't know how long that one will be up though.

Also...yesterday the HMs had the electric shock task, which originated in BBUK I believe. The HMs were split in two based on their own choosing. They had to choose between excitement and safety. Excitement means wearing then suits, safety being chained in pairs. They had a "Power Hour" today, only for the HMs in the suits. Every time they heard the song "Electric" by Leila K, they had to dance holding hands. And they couldn't touch the floor. Also, Big Brother gave them electric shocks randomly for no reason.

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jack (spare)
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2011, 10:50:55 AM »
Still doesn't really make more sense to have the Danish being included in a joint edition with Sweden and Norway, as it would be for Finns. Language-wise. The rules can always be changed, as said earlier. From a geographical point of view it's a completely different story, as Finland isn't a part of the Scandinavian peninsula. At least it wouldn't be called BB Scandinavia. I guess the people living in Skåne and Copenhagen might understand each other better, than in average. Norwegian is closer to Swedish, much closer. But some Swedes have even difficulties understanding Norwegian and vice versa. I guess in this regard you could say, that for Swedes Norwegian is like a very thick accent of their own language.

Also, I'm not sure if there would be much interest in any of the 4 countries to do such an edition. Not anytime in the near future anyway. I was just simply saying, that with pretty much everything being different than they were even 5-6 years ago I wouldn't rule out anything. Well maybe Iceland coming in, as for them it would be a bigger challenge than for the rest of the Nordic countries. Not only because of the language but because of the distance to all of the other countries.

Anyway...the opening sequence of the series:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWb-BH-wUPw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWb-BH-wUPw</a>

It looks the same as the opening for a recent programme in the UK called The Joy Of Teen Sex ;D
"If I go, I'm taking you with me, you filthy old eunuchs!"

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2011, 02:34:57 PM »
A bit of a confusion in the house: Katerina packed her stuff and was ready to walk. Twice. But she's still in the house. At the moment it seems, like the purpose of all was to create a scene. It now seems, she's not leaving anywhwere. Instead she's now chained up with Rickard. The two of them had a connection before with Rickard also thinking of walking. Now the two of them are chained together...and if looks could kill, Rickard would be dead with the looks Ebba has given him.

This actually makes me think, that the whole thing was machined by BB. To make the task of keeping their relationship a secret more difficult for Ebba and Rickard.

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2011, 01:16:35 PM »

well as I stated earlier Denmark HAD crossover reality shows with Norway and Sweden before so its not something completly absurd whereas I think there is NO way that Finland would ever be part of that. its as putting Germany and Poland on a reality show together because they're neighour countries.

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2011, 02:38:22 PM »

well as I stated earlier Denmark HAD crossover reality shows with Norway and Sweden before so its not something completly absurd whereas I think there is NO way that Finland would ever be part of that. its as putting Germany and Poland on a reality show together because they're neighour countries.
Yeah well...in BB Africa there's Angola, where the official language is Portuguese. And you can't really expect Angolans to automatically understand English. Still, they're a part of the show, where not all of the participating countries share any kind of borders. As I stated before, I believe the past has really no meaning in any reality format. It's really all about creating new ideas, isn't it?

And to make this post somewhat on topic...they are now having a party. The theme is Mexico. Which means tacos and Corona...and some tequila. No music...not yet anyway.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 03:13:25 PM by antos »

Offline Matt91

• Mole
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2011, 03:26:14 PM »

Yeah well...in BB Africa there's Angola, where the official language is Portuguese. And you can't really expect Angolans to automatically understand English. Still, they're a part of the show, where not all of the participating countries share any kind of borders. As I stated before, I believe the past has really no meaning in any reality format. It's really all about creating new ideas, isn't it?

And to make this post somewhat on topic...they are now having a party. The theme is Mexico. Which means tacos and Corona...and some tequila. No music...not yet anyway.
A mexican themed party without empanadas, tomales, tequidos or burritos, what's up with that?

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2011, 06:41:45 AM »
I'd rather see Roza and Sophie enter the house, instead of one of them and one of the boys.

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2011, 02:04:28 PM »
I'd rather see Roza and Sophie enter the house, instead of one of them and one of the boys.
I kinda agree. Jimmy is just plain boring, I don't think he would give anything to the house. Gurkan is really annoying, but could really stir things up in the house. As for the girls...they are still really smart. And though Roza is a bit boring, she could also give something to the game. Having said that, it's going to be one guy and one gal going to the house coming Sunday.

Btw...Ebba and Rickard (the secret couple) decided to have sex not so secretly. Not in the bedroom, but in the loft. Don't really know, if they got caught though. Possibly they did...but I don't think anyone really know about their relationship yet.

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2011, 02:13:36 PM »
A mexican themed party without empanadas, tomales, tequidos or burritos, what's up with that?
It seems to be enough for a few countries to call a party Mexican, if at least one person kinda dress up like you would perceive a Mexican dressing up. And having some tequila. And for the most of us taco is Mexican enough. This actually goes for any themed party in BB in some countries. One of those countries seems to be Sweden...though I expected them to be much more creative than our production ever was. Clearly that's not the case. I'm kinda dissappointed, but at the same time I think this series have the potential to be really entertaining.

Offline Matt91

• Mole
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2011, 02:20:50 PM »
It seems to be enough for a few countries to call a party Mexican, if at least one person kinda dress up like you would perceive a Mexican dressing up. And having some tequila. And for the most of us taco is Mexican enough. This actually goes for any themed party in BB in some countries. One of those countries seems to be Sweden...though I expected them to be much more creative than our production ever was. Clearly that's not the case. I'm kinda dissappointed, but at the same time I think this series have the potential to be really entertaining.
I'm not gonna lie, I did like how they did the launch in Sweden and the house has an awesome look to it (except for that small area near the entrance where you can see the camera run alley), but I guess I was just expecting that they'd shell out more for a party considering how much they seem to have put into most of the other aspects of this season.

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2011, 02:43:30 PM »
I'm not gonna lie, I did like how they did the launch in Sweden and the house has an awesome look to it (except for that small area near the entrance where you can see the camera run alley), but I guess I was just expecting that they'd shell out more for a party considering how much they seem to have put into most of the other aspects of this season.
I agree to every word. That's why I'm kinda dissapointed at the way things are going right now.

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2011, 04:19:39 PM »
Katerina and Rickard are up for eviction.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2011, 09:54:36 AM »
Ebba and Rickard left the house yesterday for "personal reasons". As a result, the eviction planned for today is cancelled.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2011, 02:23:57 PM »
You can now see the live show on the official website.

http://www.bigbrother.se/

Wow. They are really not afraid to show anything. They just aired Ebba and Rickard having sex :P :P.

Who will enter the Glass House will be revealed soon.

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2011, 02:50:52 PM »
Btw...the nominations didn't actually count for anything. It's quite possible though, that Katerina and Rickard did get the most points from the other HMs. But they were already automatically nominated for taking their cuffs off earlier.

Also, just to get a bit more into the nomination process and voting: the nominations are the same than they had before with the point system...and the public then votes to save their favourite.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 02:57:40 PM by antos »

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2011, 03:01:25 PM »
antos, do you have any idea what the "Big Brother: Hunk Eden" is? I saw a countdown on the website and the host just mentioned it and I realised I have no idea what it is.

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2011, 03:05:08 PM »
antos, do you have any idea what the "Big Brother: Hunk Eden" is? I saw a countdown on the website and the host just mentioned it and I realised I have no idea what it is.
Nope...no-one knows yet. They'll reveal the meaning of it before the live show ends.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2011, 03:05:40 PM »
Nope...no-one knows yet. They'll reveal the meaning of it before the live show ends.

Ah, interesting. Thanks for the info.  ;D

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2011, 03:08:49 PM »
Ok...Hunk Eden: 3 guys training in Thailand for 10 days to win a place in the house. And only one of those hunks will be voted in.

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2011, 03:19:09 PM »
So...Gurkan and Roza were voted in the house.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2011, 03:20:18 PM »
I see. The three hopefuls are Martin, Tobias and Patrik.  :)

Ahah! The host just chastisted Niklas for him speaking English too often - "What is up with all this english speaking in the house?"  :D :D

The housemates are now being given a party.

The Hunk Eden...hunks are:

Henrik Ström, 22, shop assistant from Åkersberga

Martin Isberg, 26, store manager from Stokholm

Patrik Edvardsson, 33, IT technician from Kristianstad

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2011, 03:21:51 PM »

I hate Gurkan. There is only one word to describe him - and it's not a nice word.

In a hilarious trivial sidenote, his name translates to english as "cucumbers".  ;D

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2011, 03:32:12 PM »

I hate Gurkan. There is only one word to describe him - and it's not a nice word.

In a hilarious trivial sidenote, his name translates to english as "cucumbers".  ;D
Yeah...I know. About the translation. :P

And...Gurkan & Roza will be the Leaders of the house. They'll have all the power.

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jack (spare)
« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2011, 04:09:17 PM »

I shall do it for you, he's a c***
"If I go, I'm taking you with me, you filthy old eunuchs!"