Author Topic: Big Brother 7 Finland  (Read 93698 times)

Offline J├Ąck

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jack (spare)
Re: Big Brother 7 Finland
« Reply #275 on: October 16, 2011, 08:32:40 PM »
Im glad Salar is out :)

This guy is roided up to the max :o
"If I go, I'm taking you with me, you filthy old eunuchs!"

Offline Matt91

• Mole
« Reply #276 on: October 16, 2011, 08:35:52 PM »
Salar has been evicted with 5-4 votes.

Ben - Salar
Janica - Annika
Mikael - Salar
Sebastian - Annika
Stefan - Salar
Suvi - Annika
Tanja - Salar
Terhi - Salar
Veera - Annika

Looks like Salar won't need to worry about competing with the new guys...since he won't be there to :).

Offline joako

• Administrator
  • Big Brother
« Reply #277 on: October 16, 2011, 08:40:37 PM »
Bye bye Salar!!  ;D ;D

« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 09:06:04 PM by joako »

Offline World of BB

• Administrator
  • Winner
  • Username: grahamuk
    • World of Big Brother
« Reply #278 on: October 16, 2011, 09:22:57 PM »
I bet the producers are shocked at that result as for the last week they have been hyping up the threat to Salar from the new houseamates.

I'm so happy that Salar is gone, but I am very surprised that they voted to evict him as he hasn't had a single nomination point all series.

Offline Markus

• Mole
  • Username: antos
« Reply #279 on: October 16, 2011, 09:37:54 PM »
I think the most surprising vote was Stefan voting for Salar. Ben wasn't really a surprise, he never really nominated to what were agreed within the alliance.

Also, next Sunday there will be a life-changing experience for one of the HMs. At the moment it seems, it would be a HM swap. Can't really think of much anything else. I'll be positively surprised, if it's something else.
Lost a planet Master Obi Wan has. How embarrassing.

Offline World of BB

• Administrator
  • Winner
  • Username: grahamuk
    • World of Big Brother
« Reply #280 on: October 16, 2011, 09:50:59 PM »
A swap would be with either - India, Norway, Portugal, UK or Ukraine.

Could we rule out Norway as I'm not sure a trip to Sweden would be classed as "life-changing" for a Finnish housemate?

A swap with Portugal would be interesting as I don't think there has ever been a swap involving a Secret Story edition.

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #281 on: October 16, 2011, 10:10:51 PM »
Yeah. Norway (or in this case Sweden) always looked the most likely destination for a swap. But it really wouldn't be life-changing for any of the HMs. I'm also hoping for Portugal, if there indeed is a swap. But then again...I guess India would be the most life-changing experience. Probably the least possible destination though. India was also on the table last year. Or I guess it never really was.

If we look at the languages spoken by the HMs, Annika is half Russian. So I guess Ukraine would make sense. Also most HMs speak English, not really sure if the UK would go for a swap this year.

Then again...a HM swap would be life-changing for all of the HMs. Not just for one. If you really think about it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 10:16:55 PM by antos »

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #282 on: October 17, 2011, 09:12:41 PM »
The weekly task is "On the top of the world". They have a wall-climb machine on the patio. The task is to climb mountains and live the sometimes dangerous lives of rock-climbers. In the house they've imitated thin paths you might find on mountains. And the bedroom is a ledge, where they are sleeping in hammocks.

I guess this could be a hint at a swap with India. Previous years it have been hinted of what country the swap would be with the weekly task preceeding the exchange-week. Himalayas is the highest mountain in the world. Also the house is kind of Asian themed. Even though not directly related to India, it is the only Asian country atm to have a BB-edition in progress. And it would definately be life-changing for whoever would go. Still only guessing about the swap though.

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #283 on: October 18, 2011, 02:59:18 AM »
I bet the producers are shocked at that result as for the last week they have been hyping up the threat to Salar from the new houseamates.

I'm so happy that Salar is gone, but I am very surprised that they voted to evict him as he hasn't had a single nomination point all series.

Here are the reasonings given by the housemates and some speculation about the choices their made:

Stefan - voted to evict Salar. Stefan couldn't really give any meaningful reason for his choice during the live broadcast - he was kind of left without words in the situation. However, it is known Stefan has a penchant for helping damsels in distress, and Annika is definitely one of those women in the house with whom Stefan is in good terms and feels protective about. (For example, during the Heaven and Hell weekly task, Stefan actually went to the diary room and offered to exchange himself from Heaven to Hell for getting Amanda and Annika in Heaven. He thought both girls were suffering far too much in Hell for him to bear it and was ready to go there himself, but BB rejected his offer.) Stefan's choice was still a surprise, though, since Stefan and Salar had this "father" and "son" gag and other guy banter going on, and they were kind of a comedy team at one point - especially during the RV/trailer week. What is more, Stefan was kind of a hangaround member in Ben's and Salar's secret voting alliance. Then again, Stefan doesn't think too highly on cheaters, and a couple of weeks ago, Salar "cheated" on Veera (another one of Stefan's favorite women in the house!) and hurt her feelings by fooling around with Janica. This incident might have been one of the reasons for Stefan wanting Salar out.

Terhi - voted to evict Salar. This was not too surprising. Even though Terhi thinks Salar is a one-of-a-kind type of guy and likes his humor, the two never were the closest friends in the house. Ever since the first couple of weeks, Terhi, Mikael and Annika have had this "trio" thing going on - Terhi is the third wheel in the company - and Annika's and Mikael's friendship means a lot more to Terhi.  (Terhi is quite likely secretly fond of Mikael and has already overstepped her limits once when she insisted on sleeping next to Mikael, after a drunken party night, resting her head on his shoulder. Annika, who admits being a super jealous person in her relationships (she's been cheated on herself quite badly in the real world), didn't take this in a good way. They have talked this through and made up, though. The actual reason Terhi gave for voting to evict Salar was simple: Salar had once said if someone wins the lifeline competition, he volunteers to exchange places with the winner (to measure how popular he is in the outside world and whether it makes sense to carry on with the "competition".)

Mikael - voted to evict Salar. (How surprising.) He was very diplomatic about it and said Salar is every bit as good a friend to him as Annika is, but... Annika is a woman and his romantic interest in the house.

Veera - voted to evict Annika. Salar was Veera's bedfellow in the house.

Ben - voted to evict Salar. Now this was a cheeky move! Salar and Ben had a voting alliance, and had agreed not to give nomination points to each other until very late in the game when there's no other choice. The season was only halfway through so they could have still gone forward as allies for a long time... or at least pretending to be allies to each other (since they actually did not vote the persons they had agreed to evan before this.) But Ben took his chances, backstabbed his ally, and it paid off: he managed to evict a person who would probably have been of the toughest competitiors for him. The reason Ben gave was simply that he likes Annika better.

Tanja - voted to evict Salar. Frankly, I wasn't sure what Tanja would do here. One one hand, Tanja has had a clash with Mikael and she thinks both Annika and Mikael have given her nomination points (which is actually true for Mikael but not for Annika.) On the other hand, Tanja and Janica are friends, and Janica and Annika used to have this mutual dislike throughout the season which culminated on the Heaven and Hell week. However, J&A have since made up (they had a long discussion in the Nest) and are now actually in good terms with each other. It seems, though, that Tanja doesn't hold grudges. She explained her choice by wanting to apologize to Annika for something she did earlier. (Possibly for exchanging Mikael in her place when she won the lifeline competition.)

Janica - voted to evict Annika. Even though the two have made up, Janica has had this long-standing dislike for Annika ever since the beginning of the season. It started back when Annika and Mikael began their relationship. Janica felt she was kind of robbed of Mikael's friendship and company. Salar, on the other hand, was one of the guys Janica thought could even win the whole thing, and Janica likes him and has even got intimate with him (although not as intimate as Veera!) So it wasn't a too difficult choice for her.

Sebastian - voted to evict Annika. Sebastian is a close friend of Janica and may therefore be a bit blind or partial in the whole conflict thing between Janica and Annika (where he has acted both as a mediator and as a snitch.) In his view, Annika has been behaving in a really inappropriate and nasty way towards Janica, talking trash behind her back and agitating the other housemates against her. However, Sebastian hasn't seen Janica's diary room clips and is therefore probably unaware of the extent of Janica's original dislike towards Annika and doesn't know about the disparaging and contemptful words and turns of phrases she has been using about her. He maybe also doesn't have a full picture of Janica's provocative actions and choices where she has specifically targeted Annika just for the sheer heck of it. Sebastian has been delighted of them making up, though. The actual reason Sebastian gave for wanting to evict Annika was that Salar needs to learn about himself a bit more, and if Salar now has to leave the house, he will lose that chance of becoming a better person. (Salar has been Sebastian's "pet project" in the house: a curious person whose thinking and morals he would like to learn to understand and possibly change; make Salar see the error of his ways. Sebastian and Salar are very different persons but they kind of got close to understanding each other in the end and consider themselves friends.)

I would never have thought Annika stood a snowball's chance in hell against Salar in an internal eviction vote but it was a pleasant surprise she was saved.

On one hand, Salar leaving the season this early is a loss, as he was a person who brought lots of action to the house. On the other hand, he must be a very draining person to deal with on a daily basis. His eviction now leaves a lot more breathing room for the other housemates... who will perhaps be able to show some new sides of themselves and consume that space in unexpected ways.

But this was a wake-up call for Annika: finding out she was one of the two persons who the public wants out of the house the most is definitely not the easiest position to be in! What Annika does not know, of course, is that this year, during the normal eviction votes, the viewers only have plus votes (votes to save) at their disposal, and there are no minus votes (votes to evict). So even though Annika now got a glimpse of the negative feelings directed towards her, it's only the positive votes which will count in a "normal" eviction. Fortunately, she has lots of supporters as well, not only haters. The opinions are kind of divided.

To be honest, Annika is not a bad person, in my opinion. She's just sometimes a bit thoughtless and she can easily get carried away when something good or bad happens. She's the kind of person who has strong feelings and emotive responses to both positive and negative things and she has openly admitted this being one of her weaknesses: she has said she would like to be in a better control of her emotions. She might have a couple of annoying habits, but most of us have. Much of the Annika-hatred among the Finnish anti-fans of her is out of proportion, and I think some people may really have misunderstood her a bit. She may have done a couple of stupid things during the season - and she has definitely erred on the side of being overly negative about some things - but all these incidents are quite on par with Janica's doings... and Ben's and Salar's doings are off the scale when compared to either of them! Annika is not my top favorite but I kind of like her and hope her all the best.

The most important thing is, she has made up with Janica (and mind you, Janica was every bit as guilty in this dispute as Annika, if not even the instigator - and in the end, it was Annika who appeared to be the more conciliatory party). And she now seems to be wanting to process this thing - having found out quite a bit of people in the outside world would want to her be evicted. She has had some thoughtful discussions with both Sebastian and Suvi about her personality and how other people might view or read her actions and what could be done about it, already on the same Sunday night Salar left the house. Maybe she'll try and make some adjustments, maybe she'll fail at that, but I'm nonetheless glad she survived the duel with Salar.

Since Salar's scheming antics have mostly gone unnoticed inside the house (as the housemates do not have the same fly-on-the-wall or bird's-eye view to the events as the 24/7 viewers and so can't get the full picture of the various things he has said and done) and since the final eviction votes cast by the housemates could honestly really have gone either way, the housemates were understandably quite shocked about Salar having to leave the house. Many of them had thought Salar would even quite possibly be among the final four and they can't really fathom why people in the outside world would have wanted him out.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 12:31:00 PM by BrutalGentleman »

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #284 on: October 18, 2011, 01:59:48 PM »

Mountaineering. Sebastian is trying to reach Janica's make-up pouch. The housemates are not allowed to step on the bubble wrap.

The weekly task, titled "On the Top of the World", has been fairly dull this far. The housemates try to walk along the plank paths and not on the bubble wrap. They sleep in hammocks (their ordinary beds have been taken away), and take turns using the wall-climbing exercise machine located in the yard. When they're moving inside the house (walking on the plank paths), they need to form at least a four-person chain using the climbing rope.

Today, a number of mobile phones were placed in the house in various locations. They rang at random times and the housemates had to hurry up to answer them. Whoever answered the phone was presented with trivia questions about mountains and mountaineering - they could ask for help from the others. Correct answers helped them earn some canned food which was delivered in the storage room. Boring.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 03:22:15 AM by BrutalGentleman »

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #285 on: October 19, 2011, 11:38:57 AM »

Ben has been promoted to a "mountain police" who needs to keep a watchful eye on Mikael so that he will not violate any rules any longer. (Mikael has previously slept on the floor under his hammock which is forbidden in the task rules and used non-approved settings on the wall-climbing simulator. He already got scolded for that in the diary room but now got a personal policeman to look after him as an additional punishment.) As a sign of his rank, Ben is wearing a police cap - some fantasy version, not a real Finnish police cap - and a yellow reflective vest.

Speculation about the possible exchange have been running on both keskustelut.sub.fi (the official BBF2011 discussion forum run by the TV channel producing and broadcasting the show in Finland), and BBPlaza (the leading independent BB fan forum in Finland.) Google Translate may help in getting something out of the discussions for those who do not read Finnish. See here and here. Or maybe here and here. Or maybe not, since machine translation from Finnish to English turns most everything fed into it into complete gobbledy-gok.

At this time, it's all still just speculation, though. There's no official word on there being an exchange this year so maybe there won't.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 01:00:54 PM by BrutalGentleman »

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #286 on: October 19, 2011, 12:04:53 PM »
A correction to the above: it's now official. There will be an exchange. More information will be revealed in tonight's "BB Extra" show at 7 p.m. Finnish time.

(If anyone has any information on other currently on-going BB productions where there's a speculated or already confirmed upcoming foreign exchange - which will likely take place during next week or so - please tell more about it!)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 01:08:31 PM by BrutalGentleman »

Offline Jarskaaja

• Secret Housemate
« Reply #287 on: October 19, 2011, 05:23:46 PM »
A housemate swap will take place with Norway.

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #288 on: October 19, 2011, 05:25:25 PM »
The destination for the housemate exchange was just revealed on tonight's "BB Extra" (a daily BB Finland talk show / magazine show broadcast on "Sub" at 7 p.m. Finnish time). The housemate exchange will take place between BB7 Finland and BB4 Norway on Friday. The housemate chosen for the exchange will be revealed tomorrow (Thursday).

BBPlaza, which is an independent Finnish BB fan forum, has traditionally opened a couple of English language threads for foreign exchanges so that fans from both exchange countries can meet and discuss, maybe ask background questions about the housemates and the events in both houses, or get translation help from each other. And just for general commentary as well, of course.