Author Topic: Big Brother 7 Finland  (Read 83120 times)

Offline JohnBigOz

• Blogger
  • Runner-up
Re: Big Brother 7 Finland
« Reply #325 on: October 31, 2011, 03:18:43 PM »
Why does it state that they've been "ejected" on the wiki page if it's a housemate eviction, :| and Norway is a complete mess  ::) so frustrating, it's always [fullname] [first letter of surname] not the other way round!

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #326 on: October 31, 2011, 07:38:09 PM »
Why was Matti automatically nominated? The official site says rule breaking - what did he do?

Also, who do you think will go tonight. I think we will lose one of the new boys.
According to different news from the official website, he was nominated because he talked about the outside

http://www.bigbrother.fi/uutiset.shtml/1421552/matti-suoraan-haatoaanestykseen--muut-yllattyivat
http://www.bigbrother.fi/uutiset.shtml/1421249/matti-mokasi--puhui-kielletysta-aiheesta

But I guess our Finnish friends can explain this better

He slipped that Juno (the rap artist guy who Amanda had been seeing outside before entering the house) had been in the headlines because of his connection to Amanda.

I'm pretty sure Matti never actually applied for the show (he didn't seem particularly excited about being there and I never heard any explanation or motivation for why he would have applied in the first place) but was probably invited to stir up things for a few weeks... probably originally because of his pumped up body and because they wanted him to target Salar... but had to change their plans and make his role more generic as Salar was evicted on the same night he entered the house. They probably lured him in by offering better money for his services than the meager compensation the regular housemates get.

While he was still in the house, Matti kept stating his direct "personal opinions" about the other housemates... usually in a somewhat rude and unexpectedly frank way. Many of the housemates got offended about this, but the things he said actually sounded more like direct hints on what the viewers in general consider the main weaknesses of the original housemates. I find it hard to believe Matti would have been allowed to do that if he were an ordinary intruder who has just applied for the show the regular way and entered the house without being instructed to do that.

Also, he's a classic body builder and participates in competitions. BBF is not really an inviting environment for someone like him. He had no chance of exercising properly (there's no gym in the house) and he didn't get enough food, much less the proper kind of food. It's impossible to maintain your muscle mass there and he was hungry most of the time. It would seem odd of anyone with a serious interest in body building actually wanting to come there in the first place, except for a few weeks, and with a proper compensation.

I'm not saying Matti couldn't have stayed as a regular housemate for as long as he wouldn't be nominated and voted out of the house by the viewers. Maybe he could have changed his status and behavior to a regular housemate later on if he wanted to, after his initial "stir-up time" was up. But as it is, for these first couple of weeks, I think he was just planted there by the production and never had a genuine desire to actually remain in the house... and he probably got special guidance and instructions in the confession room on how to behave towards the other housemates. He enjoyed some parts of his stay (the "Slaves to TV" weekly task, interaction with the Norwegian exchange housemate Siv Anita), but otherwise, it was probably just a one-of-a-kind type work assignment for him, and scripted in such way he'll be the likely evictee, anyway (because of the rude remarks he had to make), or it was assumed he'll be leaving voluntarily. The BBF house actually had shortage of food during most of his stay as if to test his limits.

That's my tin-foil hat theory anyway... as too many things about Matti smell a bit fishy.

Rami, who entered the house at the same time as Matti, was likely brought in for a similar purpose: to stir up things a bit and to balance things out by undermining Salar's strong position and status in the house... even though that was not meant to be as Salar was then evicted. Once Rami got in, he has also been making similar very direct assessments of the weaknessess of the original housemates, directly to their face... maybe less so than Matti, but still... so it seems both Matti and Rami had the same initial task and guidance from the confession room. But Rami appears to have had more motivation for actually staying in the house, and he has maybe said his opinions in a bit more rounded way. Also, if Rami loses some of his muscle mass in the house it's probably not going to be that big a deal for him as it would have been for Matti.

So whatever scripted secrets there are about Matti and Rami - never to be revealed to the viewers - and whichever way these two guys originally got on the show, Rami has been the one who has been behaving a bit more like someone who is genuinely motivated to remain there and who might even had sent in an application himself.

(24/7 viewers already know both Oskar and Janica never applied for the show on their own initiative but were invited by the producers. They're not supposed to reveal these things but they've both said it aloud in the house. It's likely at least Janica gets compensated for her stay better than an average housemate since otherwise it wouldn't really make economical sense for her as a separated mother with two kids. Getting some special compensation would also easily explain her willingness to put on... ahem... a personally involving show at times. Not to say Janica wouldn't be an interesting person and a good choice for a housemate.)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 10:51:16 PM by BrutalGentleman »

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #327 on: November 01, 2011, 04:25:10 AM »
According to a recently posted news article on the official website, BBF 2011 will last unexpected 104 days instead of the usual 97 days. So this will be the longest BBF season so far.

The housemates are well aware of the length of the previous seasons. They have calculated this season will probably end on 4th December 2011. In reality, it will end on 11th December 2011. The extended length will probably mess their minds up a bit once we get that far. (Yesterday, they were just talking about how many weeks they still have left.)

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #328 on: November 02, 2011, 06:51:14 AM »
Some updates:

http://bbplaza.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=479952#p479952

You can get the rest of the season (Finnish 24/7 live feeds) for a reduced price now: 20 euros. The final night is on December 11th. See here:

http://katsomo.fi/?progId=74708&cmp=bb247_nostokuvat

Offline World of BB

• Administrator
  • Winner
  • Username: grahamuk
    • World of Big Brother
« Reply #329 on: November 02, 2011, 10:00:45 AM »
I've always wanted to see a Big Brother where the housemates believe it is the final but actually there is another week to go. I hope they do it right and during the final week re-create the conditions exactly to make them think it is the final.

Netta must be the final housemate then as they waited until she entered before revealing this twist to the public. It would ruin the whole twist if they had more housemates to put in that already new this secret.

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #330 on: November 02, 2011, 12:56:05 PM »
Mikael's and Annika's housewarming party has just begun in their "apartment" (the extra room). They're allowed to use Spotify for playing music.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #331 on: November 03, 2011, 10:00:27 PM »

Annika is pregnant! :)

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #332 on: November 03, 2011, 10:15:36 PM »
Some updates from the last few days:

During Mikael's and Annika's housewarming party, the new female housemate, Netta, pretty much revealed to Annika she knows Ben has been talking crap about her in her absence, trying to make himself look like an innocent victim and Netta like a seducer.

Revealing this was a bad move, though, as Netta gave the impression she had been studying these events while she was out of the house. And sure enough, Netta got a "You're breaking the rules" announcement and was soon called to the diary room for a reprimand. Last time something like this happened, it was Matti who slipped something about the world outside the house and got punished by being automatically nominated.

(Netta is actually an old "housemate candidate" from the third week of this season when Ben had a "harem" of four girls to keep company to him in the otherwise empty house. The girls needed to impress him, and he had to promote one of them to an actual housemate by the end of the week. Ben eventually chose Veera to stay in the house. Netta and the two other girls had to leave.

Some video clips on Ben's and Netta's first night were shown to the other housemates. This made Amanda - a housemate who is now evicted but who used to sleep, kiss and cuddle with Ben - feel hurt and cheated, especially as Ben had earlier said he's not a "player" anymore and has romantic feelings for Amanda.

When Ben and Amanda had a discussion about the video clips, Ben lied to her nothing really happened and he was just covering his private parts with his hands all night, trying to defend himself from Netta's sexually aggressive behavior. Amanda didn't really buy the explanation. But apparently her need for a cuddling partner was greater than the need to drive Ben away from her so she didn't, and they pretty much carried on with their cuddling routine until Amanda was evicted.)

Scheming has mostly been on hold in the BBF house since Salar was evicted. It looks like Netta is currently trying to revive it and she is interested in joining a voting alliance if there is one. She actually mentioned this to Annika in a veiled language but I'm not sure if Annika ever understood what she meant.

Since Netta apparently may hold some grudges against Ben - even though she denied this when Ben asked about it - it is possible she will try to take her revenge on him in one way or the other.

During the party, Netta expressed her interest in Rami to several people, including Rami himself. But Rami was then seen discussing with Suvi and hugging and cuddling with her later on, and he slept almost spooning with Veera, with his arm around her... so "it's complicated": Rami has three women in the house to choose from. Maybe even four if Janica would be interested at some point.

Netta has actually been going through the housemates one by one, telling them nice things they want to hear. She even said to Annika she's never going to nominate her. So she seems to be a tactical-minded housemate who is playing the game very actively right now. It will be interesting to see how she will nominate when she gets the first chance to do that.

The party was pretty lively in other respects as well... but it was interesting to see that Netta is definitely up to something.

The day following the party night (Thursday), Annika was called to the confession room. Moments later, she returned with a big fake belly, laughing. She's now pregnant and can't drink or smoke. Annika and Mikael are not sure when the baby is due. Mikael also said he's not actually sure if he is the father and suggested maybe they should do an abortion. Sebastian didn't like that idea, though.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 12:44:28 AM by BrutalGentleman »

Offline World of BB

• Administrator
  • Winner
    • World of Big Brother
« Reply #333 on: November 04, 2011, 12:25:56 PM »
Annika, Ben, Janica, Stefan and Suvi are nominated.

Annika and Suvi were automatically nominated by Big Brother for failing this weeks task. Ben, Janica, Suvi and Tanja were nominated by the housemates. Tanja won the lifeline competition, saved herself and nominated Stefan.

I would like to see Stefan go this time, but I know thats unlikely. As long as Ben doesn't go I don't mind anyone else going.

Offline Charmed

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jøsêttö
« Reply #334 on: November 04, 2011, 05:05:31 PM »
Mikael is finalist ?

Not quite. He's guaranteed to be through to the final week, but not guaranteed to be through to the final day.
Oh okay. Thanks for your answer.

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #335 on: November 05, 2011, 07:48:50 PM »
wow I just realize that the girls in finland seem to like leopard-stripped dresses. they look so trashy  :P

Offline joako

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #336 on: November 06, 2011, 02:32:06 PM »
STEFAN has been evicted  ;D

21.91% Janica
21.02% Annika
19.89% Suvi
18.73% Ben
17.54% Stefan
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 02:53:27 PM by joako »

Offline Depths of Bloomfield

• Big Brother
  • Username: Beatriz_Trapote
« Reply #337 on: November 06, 2011, 02:45:31 PM »
Good  :D

Offline Jäck

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jack (spare)
« Reply #338 on: November 06, 2011, 04:56:51 PM »
The female cast must be quite strong this year, all 3 of them were top of the voting :)
"If I go, I'm taking you with me, you filthy old eunuchs!"

Offline World of BB

• Administrator
  • Winner
    • World of Big Brother
« Reply #339 on: November 06, 2011, 05:02:07 PM »
Very surprised at this result as I got the impression that Stefan was popular with the Finnish public.

There was less than 5% between 1st and 5th, there have been a lot of close votes this year.

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #340 on: November 06, 2011, 11:03:59 PM »
wow I just realize that the girls in finland seem to like leopard-stripped dresses. they look so trashy  :P

I think Veera has a beanie hat like that (I can't explain it, maybe she's a big fan of Mobutu Sese Seko or something) and Suvi often wears a loose jumpsuit like that (I don't get that either.)

I'd say that pattern is considered trashy in Finland too but it kind of fits Suvi just because of that. You should be glad if you don't know any Finnish, see here for her favorite discussion topics. ;)

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #341 on: November 06, 2011, 11:21:23 PM »
The female cast must be quite strong this year, all 3 of them were top of the voting :)

Or maybe it's just that the males in that vote had both been found out to be a bit... wanting, in many respects.

Very surprised at this result as I got the impression that Stefan was popular with the Finnish public.

At the beginning of the season, he was nearly voted straight to the final week instead of Mikael. Then we found out he's a bit simple, big man who is particularly fond of young female housemates (maybe to a creep-inducing degree), keeps taunting the older ones for his personal entertainment, has a LOUD VOICE and a tendency to keep repeatedly shouting people's names and phrases like "You know what?" especially when drunk, and his speech is often nearly incomprehensible because of mumbling or growling. And while he could be funny or even likable at times, towards the end of his stay in the house he was most often just somewhat stubborn and annoying.

There was less than 5% between 1st and 5th, there have been a lot of close votes this year.

They keep showing the intermediate results all the time so people will always vote mainly for the last two positions (or so) for saving their favorites and the bars will even out as the eviction show progresses.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 11:27:11 PM by BrutalGentleman »

Offline BrutalGentleman

• Head of House
« Reply #342 on: November 06, 2011, 11:23:10 PM »
Some recent updates and background information on the events in the BBF house:

http://the-site.dk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2214&start=1120

(See previous pages in that thread as well.)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 01:08:52 AM by BrutalGentleman »

Offline Markus

• Mole
  • Username: antos
« Reply #343 on: November 07, 2011, 07:12:29 AM »
Mikael, who won the free ticket to the final week, is up for eviction this week. He moved during the "Freeze"-task they've been having for over a week now. BB made the task a bit more difficult. They are now bringing in people close to the HMs.
Lost a planet Master Obi Wan has. How embarrassing.

Offline carlex

• Blogger
  • Ultimate Housemate
  • Live to the Fullest. (--,)
« Reply #344 on: November 07, 2011, 09:56:41 AM »
Mikael, who won the free ticket to the final week, is up for eviction this week. He moved during the "Freeze"-task they've been having for over a week now. BB made the task a bit more difficult. They are now bringing in people close to the HMs.

wow.. that's so hard! :)

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #345 on: November 07, 2011, 11:16:13 AM »

wow.. that's so hard! :)
Yeah. So far Janica's friend, Mikael's friend and Netta's sister have visited.

The weekly task this week is a bit similar to what BB Norway had. The HMs have to gain weight. From a total of 726,2 kg to 750 kg.

Offline World of BB

• Administrator
  • Winner
    • World of Big Brother
« Reply #346 on: November 07, 2011, 12:34:36 PM »
How can someone with a free pass to the final be up for eviction? Either he has a free pass to the final or he doesn't. If he is evicted does he stay in the house until the final or does he come back for the final?

I did think that when they gave him the free pass they would find a way to take it away from him before the final. The surprising thing is that it took them so long.

I hope that the public will keep him in out of principle.

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #347 on: November 07, 2011, 01:37:13 PM »
The same rules apply to Mikael as to anyone else. If he breaks any rule, BB can nominate him. Or even eject him, if necessary. This was told repeatedly, while the final week voting was on. He just can't be nominated by the other HMs.

Elina Viitanen, the hostess of Extra and co-hostess of Sunday live shows, entered the house today during Extra. She's in there until further notice. She won't be in for long, possibly for this week. It seems like Extra will be done in the extra room. Elina has a bed named for her in the main bedroom.

Offline World of BB

• Administrator
  • Winner
    • World of Big Brother
« Reply #348 on: November 07, 2011, 02:05:56 PM »
But I think there is a huge difference between breaking the rules and failing a task.

Offline Markus

• Mole
« Reply #349 on: November 07, 2011, 03:09:58 PM »
But I think there is a huge difference between breaking the rules and failing a task.
Doesn't really matter. For at least two reasons. Mikael probably deliberately lost the task. Big Brother reserves the right to change the rules. Thus, in some way Mikael broke the rules. Mikael won't be evicted anyway. That's the other reason, why it doesn't matter.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 03:17:45 PM by antos »