I do like the promo logo CBS have used for the last couple of years (last year it was the same style, but yellow on black). Indeed now they've dropped the numbers the actual logo doesn't look as good, so replacing it wouldn't be a bad idea.
Promos though are the same as always - and always promise much more than BB plan to deliver. As usual though I suspect I'll watch it for the first few episodes then give up - BBUSA is long overdue a twist which actually does shake up the season, not just the first week.
Yeah, I agree. They've got it times right, adding in something during the middle of the game when alliance are more solid and evicted housemates start to form a jury.
Honestly giving the program a makeover wouldn't hurt a bit. We are now on the 13th season and with the current format they are exhausting all the twists, the Housemates and the viewers can tell you how it will go each week, when a double eviction will happen, etc.
I am expecting:
- This season will return to the casting twists (a few Housemates knowing one another) and again just like in BB4-9 viewership will stop going up and start going down again. When they did casting twists from BB4-BB9 the viewership declined year on year. When they switched back over to strangers for BB10 viewership went up year on year.
- An evicted Housemate will return and be eligible to win. (We are long overdue for this twist)
- The opening titles to be colored orange (what they seem to change color now)
What I would like to see:
- The marketing department and the producers work together on adverts that actually represent the season not the ones we have now. Sometimes I think CBS' marketing department should produce the show.
- A completely new logo/opening/music. Even copying the UK's would be better right now or adopt the Australian eight season opening/music that would fit the American version.
- A small twist would be adopting the Secret Story format like BB11 Germany. This could lessen the talk of strategies 24/7.
- Give the viewing public one vote a week and a vote in the final. If there is a tie refer back to the public vote and see the percentages.
- Or switch back to public votes only and have the Housemates nominate a third person to face the public vote along with the HoH nominations. Still have the PoV.
But nothing I would like to see would happen unless BB moved networks and they put in a new creative team.