Author Topic: Big Brother 13 USA  (Read 48701 times)

Offline JustinBieberDingus

• Admin
  • Big Brother
  • Username: Trevor
Re: Big Brother 13 USA
« Reply #250 on: July 24, 2011, 11:02:41 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoilers for the show, not necessarily for this week.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Alison Grodner has confirmed Keith and Cassi are sequestered.
Spoiler for Hiden:
I hope Cassi returns. She deserves it after what Rachel did to her, her eviction was unfair.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Yeah, I hope Cassi returns. Although, I think Rachel will "Chimatize" the whole house.

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #251 on: July 24, 2011, 05:22:35 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
You guys won't believe this!!! Grodner QUIT NOW! THIS SEASON SUCKS!
Spoiler for Hiden:
BRENDON won this weeks POV with the word: UNDERSTANDING, the SAME WORD HE WON THIS COMP LAST SEASON!!!!!!!
:) Live happy every day!!! <3

Offline HJPK123

• Blogger
  • Ultimate Housemate
  • Independent thinking
« Reply #252 on: July 25, 2011, 02:03:10 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:

They should call it "The Brenchel Show". It's all about their self-absorption.

Jordan: "You know what, I always thought Spongebob was cheese!"

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #253 on: July 25, 2011, 03:04:57 AM »
This season had potential to be a good season, nice twist, some good Housemates but the competitions and bringing back Brendon/Rachel have really hurt this season. Mainly they need to start coming up with new competitions the fact that in spoiler above happened is so stupid! This is the third season in a row that a similar competition has been used and in the same weeks! At this rate we could see either America's Player/Coup de Etat and/or Saboteur making a return again.

A lot of hardcore US fans are very disapproving of this season from what I have seen. This season is seeing the reversal in the ratings trend that started with BB10. Instead of going up the show is going down again. I am hoping that this is Grodner's last contracted season and that CBS or Endemol step in and find a new US production company & producers for the program. If they don't I have a feeling that Big Brother may have its days numbered. I can see a BB14 for next summer but I am thinking CBS will find another summer anchor to take its place. CBS really needs to save Big Brother as it is their #1 original summer program. This season had great potential but as each day goes by it seems Grodner is ruining Big Brother each day.

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #254 on: July 25, 2011, 07:03:50 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm looking forward to Jordan/Jeff getting backdoored & Rachel/Brendon being split next week. If these two pairs are split, the house can calm down a bit, and it opens up a lot for the newbies.

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #255 on: July 25, 2011, 07:15:27 AM »
This season had potential to be a good season, nice twist, some good Housemates but the competitions and bringing back Brendon/Rachel have really hurt this season. Mainly they need to start coming up with new competitions the fact that in spoiler above happened is so stupid! This is the third season in a row that a similar competition has been used and in the same weeks! At this rate we could see either America's Player/Coup de Etat and/or Saboteur making a return again.

A lot of hardcore US fans are very disapproving of this season from what I have seen. This season is seeing the reversal in the ratings trend that started with BB10. Instead of going up the show is going down again. I am hoping that this is Grodner's last contracted season and that CBS or Endemol step in and find a new US production company & producers for the program. If they don't I have a feeling that Big Brother may have its days numbered. I can see a BB14 for next summer but I am thinking CBS will find another summer anchor to take its place. CBS really needs to save Big Brother as it is their #1 original summer program. This season had great potential but as each day goes by it seems Grodner is ruining Big Brother each day.
GRODNER NEEDS TO LEAVE!!!!!!! ASAP. This season thanks to her can become the final series of BB USA. I think Brenchel back was this season's biggest mistake. A BB10 pair would be more acceptable than Brenchel or even a couple from the earlier seasons. And I agree with you Josh, CBS and Endemol NEED to find a new producer for next season, as an emergency.

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #256 on: July 25, 2011, 07:19:16 AM »

GRODNER NEEDS TO LEAVE!!!!!!! ASAP. This season thanks to her can become the final series of BB USA. I think Brenchel back was this season's biggest mistake. A BB10 pair would be more acceptable than Brenchel or even a couple from the earlier seasons. And I agree with you Josh, CBS and Endemol NEED to find a new producer for next season, as an emergency.

In addition to all this, BB13 has lost one million of its viewers.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/big_brother_13/2011_Jul_24_ratings

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #257 on: July 25, 2011, 07:32:35 AM »
I think if BB returns to the Dutch format for a year, at least a year, that could save the show, also if they pick 13-14 housemates that would love to have fun in the House would be better and not a bunch of dummies that don't do anything and two idiots who whine and fight everytime!!!!!

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #258 on: July 25, 2011, 10:19:54 AM »
I think if BB returns to the Dutch format for a year, at least a year, that could save the show, also if they pick 13-14 housemates that would love to have fun in the House would be better and not a bunch of dummies that don't do anything and two idiots who whine and fight everytime!!!!!

I say give BB to a new nwtwork if you wish to see that happen. I think BB is better on a non-family network anyways.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #259 on: July 25, 2011, 10:45:24 AM »
I don't think the original format as BB1 would work in the USA. The same problems that came from the first attempt will occur again doubtlessly.

Although I really like Rachel and Brendon (well, I like Rachel), I think the best part of this season is yet to come - the inevitable moment where the veterans turn on each other - I certainly see fireworks between Jeff/Jordan, Rachel/Brendon and Daniele. I think it was a good idea in theory to bring Rachel back - nobody rises such a myriad of opinions as far as I have seen, you either love her or hate her, and that's why Grodner must have thought it would be good to bring her back. And quarrel as much as you like but you cannot deny that so far she has been the strongest competitor so far.

I do see where Grodner was coming from with regard to the twist this season - months of real struggles for power based on more than alliances, but also real differences between the two groups. In my opinion she just underestimated Rachel's addiction to power :D. Notice that even when it was only her and Brendon left in the HoH competition she still looked shocked when she thought she may not have won.

Daniele was doing well up until a few days ago where people sort of figured out that she was playing everyone. Up to this point her social game has been extremely commendable, but at the point where she began to gossip to a lot of people about other people, she f***** it up. Her father has taken to twitter today to say in reply to someone asking what he thought of Daniele's game:

I think Dani is fucking up big time and she better do some serious scrambling to fix shit.

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #260 on: July 25, 2011, 12:39:34 PM »

I say give BB to a new nwtwork if you wish to see that happen. I think BB is better on a non-family network anyways.

I think that a complete return to the original format would be a bad idea that would since the program faster than anything. If anything they should try the Brazilian format since it is a hybrid UK/USA format. If the public voting doesn't work out then it would be easy to switch back to the USA format.

I still think CBS is the best place for BB reasons why
Fox - Would reinstate the original format and when ratings hit BB9 lows or lower the program would be axed mid season
ABC - Might keep the current format or reinstate the original format, if ratings are not acceptable they would let the program finish but no renewal
NBC - Even keeping the current format might get two additional seasons tops.
The CW - Would air the program just like CBS but just because this is The CW the program would lose 5 million viewers because they would try to make BB a more female skewing program

CBS is the best place because if a season does not meet expectations they do step in to correct issues. This is why Grodner's manipulation died down starting with BB10 because of the massive production controversies surrounding BB8-BB9. Plus when the original producers of BB failed to make the first BB very successful they stepped in and brought in Shapiro to re-work it for American audiences. Had this been any of the other main network we would have gotten BB2 with the original format out of ABC/NBC but Fox would have canceled it after the first season.

Regarding the 1 million rating loss since the premiere this is actually typical of BB, typically starting around Week 4 (when a season's twist typically ends) the viewership will pick up because the game is well underway. I think that BB will start within the next week or two getting back up to 7 million. Despite the Week 1 lows it is already gaining back viewers, I predict Rachel's inevitable eviction will provide the biggest ratings this season if her eviction hits 8 million I will be shocked
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:50:27 PM by Josh »

Offline Hakuna Matata

• Big Brother
  • Username: Jøsêttö
« Reply #261 on: July 28, 2011, 09:16:21 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Dominic is evicted by all housemates excepted Daniele. She voted for Adam.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 09:17:46 PM by joako »

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #262 on: July 28, 2011, 11:45:11 PM »
The new HoH is
Spoiler for Hiden:
Daniele  :( :(

Offline Danny

• Big Brother
  • Username: UltimateBigBrotherFan96
  • Killer Kowalski <3
« Reply #263 on: July 29, 2011, 01:15:08 AM »
I dont know if i want to really watch the rest of this season. I hate all the HMs except 4 Jordan, Cassi, Dominic and Lawon. Now 2 of them are out in consecutive weeks -___-  :mad

Offline Josh

• Head of House
« Reply #264 on: July 29, 2011, 02:47:04 AM »
The new HoH is
Spoiler for Hiden:
Daniele  :( :(

I think this HoH is defiantly going to shake up the House. For some reason I wouldn't count Dom/Cassie out until next week, Julie did mention that America will play a crucial role in the program. I am predicting that it could be very possible for an evicted Housemate to return and be eligible to win.

Generally since Big Brother 8 Grodner has introduced at least one twist that utilizes the public that has an impact on life in the House (except BB9). BB8 was the Viewer's Player, BB10 one week of Viewer's Player, BB11 pubic grants their favorite HM the Coup d'État, BB12 - Saboteur/pick new Saboteur/Saboteur 2.0

I highly doubt she would have Coup d'État again plus with all the evicted Housemates going back to sequester this gives more reason to bring back an evicted Housemate especially since Dick left. Had he not have left then the Golden Key twist would have ended in Week 4 not Week 3 plus since this season will last around 75 days (Survivor is set to premiere on Sept. 14 and BB always ends when Survivor premieres or on the week of) there is already two double evictions planned this year because the number of Housemates was 14.

So the public could begin voting on Aug. 4 with the returning HM on Aug. 11 just prior to the start of sequestering the jury members then during Weeks 6/7 or Weeks 7/8 they can make them double eviction weeks. At least one double eviction week is a guarantee, if the finale is 2 hours long this year they may not need the second double eviction week since they have three HMs left on finale night.

Offline HJPK123

• Blogger
  • Ultimate Housemate
  • Independent thinking
« Reply #265 on: July 29, 2011, 03:38:52 AM »
The new HoH is great because it will spice up the ongoings in the house.
Jordan: "You know what, I always thought Spongebob was cheese!"

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #266 on: July 29, 2011, 05:43:13 AM »
From what I can gather, it appears the HoH plans to nominate
Spoiler for Hiden:
Brendon and Jeff.

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #267 on: July 29, 2011, 07:30:49 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Brendon and Jeff.

LOL at her possibly nominating one member of each couple. I'm glad
Spoiler for Hiden:
Daniele's HOH
, they need to change things up a bit.

Offline Matt91

• Mole
« Reply #268 on: July 29, 2011, 10:30:05 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Brendon and Jeff.

LOL at her possibly nominating one member of each couple. I'm glad
Spoiler for Hiden:
Daniele's HOH
, they need to change things up a bit.

Spoiler for Hiden:
If Daniele does nominate Brendon and Jeff I hope she'll try to backdoor Rachel. I know Jordan was talking about being okay with leaving this week and that if it came down to her or Brendon, Jeff, and Rachel having to leave she'd prefer it be her as she has already won. I really hope she doesn't mean this as I REALLY want to see Rachel or Brendon leave this week.

Offline GrahamUKFan

• Big Brother
« Reply #269 on: July 29, 2011, 10:30:28 AM »
I never thought I would say this but
Spoiler for Hiden:
I am soo glad that Daniele is HOH for once! its the best thing that could have happened this season and I am totally rooting for her to get one of Brendon / Rachel / Jeff out of the house which is likely going to happen this week. may the other two follow soon and this game can become a true competition. I hate all of them so much.

Offline OmgItsPhil

• Admin
  • Big Brother
« Reply #270 on: July 30, 2011, 04:44:23 AM »
HoH has nominated

Spoiler for Hiden:
Brendon and Rachel. If Rachel goes I'm supporting Shelly as my number 1.

Offline BBDR16

• All Star
« Reply #271 on: July 30, 2011, 08:44:40 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
BRENDON won PoV, so its expected he'll use it, but Daniele DOESN'T want to replace him with either Jeff or Jordan after she made an "agreement" with them.

Offline Danny

• Big Brother
  • Username: UltimateBigBrotherFan96
  • Killer Kowalski <3
« Reply #272 on: July 30, 2011, 10:49:25 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
I hope Brendon saves himself, either way i think Rachel will definetly be out unless Brendon saves her of course which I hope he doesnt. Btw, Does anybody know what week will the jury begin?

Offline Matt91

• Mole
« Reply #273 on: July 30, 2011, 11:54:31 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
I hope Brendon saves himself, either way i think Rachel will definetly be out unless Brendon saves her of course which I hope he doesnt. Btw, Does anybody know what week will the jury begin?

Spoiler for Hiden:
After reading some of the feed updates on Jokers I think Brendon will probably use the veto on Rachel. If he does this then Daniele will likely aim to have him evicted this week (it's not Rachel, but I'll take it). In response to your question NYCDanny95, usually the jury comes into play around the time when only nine housemates remain in the game so I think it's safe to say that anyone eliminated before the final nine (with no twist of course) will miss out on the jury.

Offline Brekkie

• Winner
« Reply #274 on: July 31, 2011, 06:49:52 AM »
No doubt about it Grodner needs to go - the show is just so stale and predictable, as are the twists.   The only good twist in recent years has been the Coup d'Etat IMO - though even that they had to bring in twice to get it to work.

The show doesn't need to revert to the original format to survive - the basic format is actually fine, but they just need to shake things up along the way.   In BBUSA by the time the Veto is done they know exactly how the week will pan out - and they know evictions will go to plan. 

The twists need to stay away from being casting related and be more about the core format.   The simple rich/poor divide would actually work so well with the BBUSA format and it would make alliances even more interesting when those on the poor side can't plot in secret with those on the rich side (and HoH).   They're half way there with the Have Nots - and it wouldn't even take much reconfiguring of the house to implement - basically the Bathroom/spare room can be reconfigured as the poor side and a new bathroom put in one of the existing bedrooms.

Beyond that a series of one-off twists could really shake things up - BBUSA needs to do what BBUK did in series 5 and begin implementing twists which do actually break the fundamental rules and are in some cases actually unfair.   Something as simple as having viewers vote in an extra contestant after a week or two - it would be fascinating seeing the two sides of the house compete to win their vote, or whether they unite to get them out.  And though the newbies would probably be sequestered before hand, the houseguests wouldn't know that, increasing paranoia and suspicion.

I know back in BB7 I did a series plan for BBUSA off the back of BBUK5/6 with a series of twists throughout.   I can't remember the exact details but I know I ripped off the bedsit (the Secret Apartment), with a fake double eviction (I had the HoH nominate three, then a Super Veto where the winner would also pick the replacement) with the viewers voting one of the secret evictees back in - having watched all the action from the house during the week.    Another simple twist was the Public Veto - the winner simply got to choose the Veto winner one week.

Oh, and two other ideas I had.   Firstly, doubling the jackpot to $1m - but adding the twist that everytime the Veto is used that $100,000 is knocked off.  I think I came up with that one when every week they seemed to be using the backdoor strategy for getting people out, rather than nominating them.    The other was to add some extra interest to the last few days, especially on the live feeds, and simply have the jury return to the house after the final eviction to judge the final two up close.   Much more interesting than a few questions via a satellite link. and really gives the finalists a chance to play the game till the very end.

Considering BBUSA hasn't adopted the twists which kept many traditional BB's going over the last few years I think there is still quite a lot it could do - and I haven't even touched upon implementing elements of Secret Story - every houseguest having a secret is very BBUSA!

They just need rid of Grodner.